[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Romancing SaGa 2 is finally playable in English >Only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 256px-Rmns2box.jpg (14 KB, 256x141) Image search: [Google]
256px-Rmns2box.jpg
14 KB, 256x141
>Romancing SaGa 2 is finally playable in English
>Only on smartphones

Fuck you Aeon Genesis and fuck you Square Enix
>>
This game came out like 6 years ago on DS. And I wanted it bad. But I'm never buying a smartphone product from SquareEnix after how they handled the Dragon Quest games.
>>
>Only on smartphones
why

Why not release it on Steam if you can't release it on console?
>>
>>333859751
No that was SaGa 2, RS2 is a different game
SaGa 2 on DS has a fan translation
>>
>>333859778
It came out on smartphones and the Vita in Japan, but Squeenix decided to only localize the smartphone version
Same thing happened with Adventures of Mana
>>
I would legit buy it if they included the SNES version with it. Like seriously, come the fuck on. They're not even going to put 1 or 3 up, so why fucking bother doing it this way?
>>
>>333859778

>implying the steam release won't happen in 3 month

Why do you guys want to play a kawazu game in the first place?
>>
>>333860539
>>333859778
Or you could use an android emulator
>>
Well the remake was also for vita for maybe we'll get that one. If not there's a android/iOS emulator.
>>
File: 1584896.jpg (95 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
1584896.jpg
95 KB, 500x600
I'm not as upset as I was when I first heard it.

If anything I'm just more baffled it's the first SaGa we've gotten officially in years and it's like this.
>>
>>333860736
They only announced localization for the smartphone version, Vita version is pretty much a lost cause
>>
>>333859439
hopefully it'll have controller support
>>
>>333860808
Well rev up those emulators or smart phone.
>>
>>333860776

Pretty much the same way Dragon Quest fans felt. 4 years of no games and SquareEnix dodging questions. Then suddenly tons of smartphone ports for no reason.

T-thanks SquareEnix. Totally what we wanted!
>>
>>333861235
Except SaGa fans probably have it worse since they're practically non-existent outside Japan
Which is weird, because I think SaGa has gotten a higher percentage of its games localized than Dragon Quest at this point
>>
File: 15972671.jpg (68 KB, 345x512) Image search: [Google]
15972671.jpg
68 KB, 345x512
>>333861235
At least in this case it's a game we've never gotten officially in anyway or fan translated(Thanks AG!)

>>333861545
>Which is weird, because I think SaGa has gotten a higher percentage of its games localized than Dragon Quest at this point
Let's see.

>FFL 1-3
>Didn't get the Snes titles
>Got SaGa frontier 1 and 2
>Got the remakes of RS1 and Unlimited saga

>DQ
>Got 1-4 for NES
>Got 1-3 for GB
>Didn't get the Snes games.
>Got DQ7
>Got DQ8
>Got DQ9
>Got the DS remakes of 4-6
>Soon getting DQ7 and 8's 3DS games.
Of course that's just main games I'm not listing the spinoffs.
>>
>>333861545

SaGa has definitely gotten less games localized than DQ. As well as ignored more by thew company (they even tried to pass off multiple SaGa games as FF games).

But during the Wada years, both DQ and SaGa, and practically any series besides Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts, got ignored. Its been in the last couple years since Wada left that other series are starting to get releases. Though still nowhere near as much as they should. And we still missed entire generations of games which cannot be forgiven.
>>
>>333862709
>>333862263
Definitely less games, because there are less games in the series, but I'm saying percentage
>>
File: 17440713_p10.jpg (330 KB, 750x526) Image search: [Google]
17440713_p10.jpg
330 KB, 750x526
>>333862857
>but I'm saying percentage
Well. Wouldn't they be just about equal?

>DQ is getting two games
>SaGa is getting two games(What was it Scarlet SaGa?)
>>
>>333862857

I was talking about the amount of games getting localized outside Japan. Dragon Quest as a series has 8-10x more games than SaGa as a series. But the amount coming out of Japan is kinda equal.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.