[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one is better?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: 4vs5.png (552 KB, 830x508) Image search: [Google]
4vs5.png
552 KB, 830x508
>>
V
>>
If you're a Metal Gear fan, you'd say V.
4 is an insult.
>>
four because five was an empty open-world trainwreck
>>
>>333858376
And four was an empty linear trainwreck that also destroyed the story of the entire franchise and delivered one of the worst endings in vidya history.
>>
>>333857438
4 tried hard to tell a bad story.

V didnt even try yet told a better story.

4 just aped MGS3

V moved the stealth genre forward instead of doing the same thing.

V wins for me despite shortcomings. With a bit more mission variety it would have been GOTD
>>
>A game that focuses on uncontrollable cut-scenes an skimps on gameplay
>Or a game that focuses on gameplay and skimps on uncontrollable cut-scenes

HMMM
>>
>>333857438
MGS4 was more satisfying as a conclusion, and as a metal gear game.

MGS5 is a better game in terms of gameplay mechanics only, the story, characters, ect are beyond fucked.
>>
>>333857438
4 is better
T_T
>>
4 unless you are underage and have no attention span and don't care about story and Metal Gear.
>>
4 because it's not early-access.

Also Snake and Meryl actually talk, can you believe it?
>>
MGS4 had better MGO.
>>
>>333860641
Bitch 4 was a fucking disgrace to the convoluted mess that was the MGS series story, and this is coming from a guy who really liked 2.
>>
>>333860794
Nope, sorry.
>>
>>333860741
Holy shit this. And MGO2 was still really bad, but at least it was fun.
>>
>>333858829
>V moved the stealth genre forward
Kojima pls go
>>
>>333860510
this
>>
V

It might have been disappointing and unfinished but 4 was the single most offensive turd I've ever played. It ruined fucking everything while V doesn't really affect the actual story too much
>>
>>333860741
Wait, MGO got released for V?
How bad is it?
>>
>>333861629
>Wait, MGO got released for V?
This bad.
>>
>>333861629
It's fucking awful.

Dead on arrival, because it was a rotting abortion of a 'game'.
>>
>>333857438
both are pretty good
Its pretty cool that MGSV made MGS4's ending make more sense. People where rubbed the wrong way because Snake Eaters supporting cast where the bad guys all along. But now we know that Zero and Big Boss both fucked up and had to live with the consequences of their choices while realizing everything happened because they never got to talk to each other after their fallout.
Like some anon said here a while ago:
>The words that kill are the ones we never get to say

4 was a trip down memory lane and even after V its still feels like the final conclusion.
V had a weaker Story but its not as bad as people make it, the final massage is what matters and i hope it will someday get the recognition that MGS2's ending got years after its release.
>>
File: 3572324.jpg (52 KB, 552x472) Image search: [Google]
3572324.jpg
52 KB, 552x472
>>333858829
>V wins for me despite shortcomings.

this

I was actually able to enjoy V thanks to 4 ruining the story since I didn't care about it anymore.

V was unfinished but gameplay mechanics were on point.

People always joke about how MGS games are a "movie" but mgs games before 4 all had a decent gameplay:cutscene ratio.

In fact, MGS3 is probably longer than most AAA games these days. But 4 was just 10 mins. of gameplay followed by a bunch of bad cutscenes.
>>
4 has a great soundtrack but gameplay and fun wise definitely 5
>>
>some millenial retards actually saying V has better gameplay
What's the matter, couldn't figure the controls, too complex for you? Levels too narrow, had to actually sneak around guards? Too much weapon customization and the guns actually sounded like real weapons?

Sure it had less gameplay but it was a thousand miles ahead of the dumbed down shit that was V.
>>
Kojima did not understand what we wanted 5 to be. We wanted more Big Boss story, the actual BB. The gameplay is more of a bonus. He fucked up majorly. I wonder if Kojima looks at all the critics complaining about the story and realizes he fucked up.
>>
>>333862460
What a garbage fucking post, fix yourself.
>>
>>333862460
>V had a Sandbox where you can find your own way to handle shit
>4 was just Corridors that made it easy to gun everything down
>>
>>333862662
>gun everything down
Is this how kids play Metal Gear these days?
>>
>>333862839
4 was a TPS with less focus on stealth and more active combat.. just look at the boss fights.

Still Big Bossed every MGS
>>
>>333862584
>We wanted
>We
Speak for yourself faggot
>>
>>333862460
There was literally nothing preventing you from going guns blazing in IV though. By the halfway point, you have enough money to buy all the ammo and guns you could ever possibly need.
>>
>>333862584
>realizes he fucked up
Not with that ego, I'm sure he just thinks that "people didn't get it".
>>
>>333862460
This statement actually has scores to back it up. On many websites MGS4 was a 10/10 on its heyday. Looking back those days were great times, but Big Boss kids will always be salty about it.
>Muh movie game excuse
>Gets empty open world instead
>>
>>333857438
Your mom during ovulation.
>>
>>333862460
>some millenial retards

4 isnt old enough to use this as your defense
>>
MGS4

MGS5 just failed at everything, with the exception of the gameplay but whats the damn point to have cool shit if there is nothing to do with it but shoot brain dead AI.
>>
File: KORUMA_SAARU.jpg (49 KB, 656x732) Image search: [Google]
KORUMA_SAARU.jpg
49 KB, 656x732
Did yuo hate Metaru Geraru Fooru because too much stooryu? Werr you shorudo checku out Phanotomu Panonu!
>no cutscenes
>no story
>no voice acting
>walk around in a big empty box with respawning enemies so you never run out of shooting bad guys, because that's what video games are all about, right?
I fixed it! Did you rike it?
>>
>>333862460
>millenial retards

you are probably one too
>>
MGS4 was some stupid shit but at least had some of the best fan service I've ever seen.

MGS5 was just stupid shit.
>>
Probably 4

MGSV could of been perfect if it was like MGS GZ
>>
The story to V sucks because it was doing damage control for 4.

4 ruined any chance of Metal Gear having a coherent story ever again.
>>
>>333863771
unironically, yes. he listened to the complaints of 4 and delivered
>>
Gameplay wise? MGSV by leaps and bounds.
Story wise? MGS4
Being a complete and polished package? MGS4
Length wise? MGSV
Online wise? MGS4. Not a fan of MGO3.
Closer to MGS tone-wise? MGS4
Boss wise? MGS4
Music wise? Tie.

I personally like MGS4 more, but MGSV as a game is better.
>>
>tfw love 4s story
>>
4 because it's Metal Gear.

TPP was suppose to be Zone of The Enders game before they realized that slapping Metal Gear on the box would sell more copies. You can tell that they rushed the change very late in development, that's why it feels so weird, out of place and nothing like a MGS game.

At least they could recycle some assets, like Sahelanthropus.
>>
>>333857438
MGS4 overall was better.

It was a completed game and had decent moments.

Only good thing about MGS5 was the opening part.

If you wanna argue this, then look at MGO versions of each games...
>>
File: 1456270509543.gif (2 MB, 388x388) Image search: [Google]
1456270509543.gif
2 MB, 388x388
>>333864802
O SHIT

U R RITE
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.