[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>never played a star fox game before >friend lends me star
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: Star_Fox-_Assault_(Japanese).png (528 KB, 620x580) Image search: [Google]
Star_Fox-_Assault_(Japanese).png
528 KB, 620x580
>never played a star fox game before
>friend lends me star fox assault
>played it for the first time yesterday
Why the FUCK are we only getting a new Star Fox game now?
That fucking opening mission, I haven't felt this way playing a video game in awhile.
>>
>>333848926
Assault is better as a mulitplayer game, singleplayer was an afterthought
>>
>>333848926
Assault was the shit, and the multiplayer was fucking fun as shit too.

Unfortunately GC's lack of true dual analog fucked the on-foot missions and controls
>>
I loved ass-ault even the on foot missions
>>
>ITT : people now likes assault
>>
Did you ONLY play the 1st mission? It goes downhill after that since 60% of the game are on foot missions.
>>
>>333849048
what do you mean? It has a second analog stick, just because it's weirdly shaped doesn't mean it didn't work.

And yeah OP, I really liked Assault. I wish the campaign had branching paths and just generally more planets, like 64, but the great multiplayer kinda made up for it.
>>
>>333849048
The missions involving onfoot were pretty mediocre too. I did enjoy the ice planet level though (landmaster generator destroyan, defending yourself until falco breaks through, on-wing gatling gun shenanigans and an all range arwing boss) but stuff like dino planet+corneria onfoot sections back after back is depressing.
>>
>>333849428
I always liked it
>>
>>333849464
>what do you mean? It has a second analog stick, just because it's weirdly shaped doesn't mean it didn't work.

That's the problem though, they didn't USE it for tps or even fps controls in any game, and its a huge deterrence.

It's why the onfoot missions sucked and why Metroid Prime forced you to lock-on to enemies because there was no real aiming.
>>
>>333849428

It's sad, star fox assult came out about ten years ago, and these days that means a lot youngfags here were like 8 when they played it, so it's now the BEST MULIPLAYER GAME EVER
>>
>>333849428
I thought it was decent and have always had that opinion.
>>
>all my friends played Halo
>I was a literal nintenyearold at the time, only had a gamecube
>have to play Halo at someone's birthday party
>I cannot handle FPS games, but it looks cool and I like the idea of getting into vehicles and stuff mid-battle, feel guilty about enjoying a game from someone other than Nintendo
>Assault comes out
>pretend it's like a third-person Halo, except on a system I own
>have a lot of fun but without the guilt
Is there a name for this feeling?
>>
>>333849914
EXTREME brand loyalty
>>
"HERE I COME, YOU EVIL SPACE HAG!!!!"
>>
>>333848926
>>333849008
>>333849048
My friends and I actually loved this game for it's multi player.

It was actually pretty diverse, and you slowly unlocked more shit as you kept playing.

We played this game for months.
Our favorite methods were 2v2 sniper battles, or 2v2 with one person on each team in an arwing and the other player on foot or tank only.
>>
>>333849706
you know you could change the controls to dual stick, right?
>>
File: without-words.gif (2 MB, 450x253) Image search: [Google]
without-words.gif
2 MB, 450x253
>tfw people unironically love this game now
>>
>>333850785
I know it's great
>>
>>333850785
>implying people didn't before
>inb4 le /v/ is one person meme
>implying
>>
You're going to shit your pants when you play 64 then.
>>
>>333848926
I bought it the day it came out and thought it was a massive disappointment. Star Fox games are just not worth full price. Maybe twenty bucks at most.
>>
>>333851279
why? Not fun enough for you?
>>
>>333851414
Probably something to do with the linear, bad story mode. Hopefully Zero's "branching paths" live up to the hype.
>>
this game was pretty cool overall. best multiplayer map was Zoness
>>
>>333851078
Bad framerate
>>
>>333851567
I just think it's weird when people say a game should have been lower price, instead of just saying it wasn't good.

Nobody says that tickets for a shitty movie should have been lower, they just say "yeah it was a shitty movie".

If a game was a disappointment for you at 50 bucks, it would have still been a disappointment at 20. The lower price would not have made it any more fun.
>>
>>333851414
I also gotta agree that $60 is too much. Replaying the campaigns over and over for better scores is super tedious, I'd rather start the next game on my backlog instead to keep things interesting. That ends up translating into a game worth $60 with 10 hours of playtime sitting in the shelf. I'd rather just avoid the game until a pricedrop.
>>
>>333850785
They needed that lovingly detailed recreation of the beltino gate level in Sm4sh to remind them.
>>
>>333852128
but see, a game could be an amazing 10 hours (most Platinum games) or it could be a boring slog of 200 houors (most Bethesda and Bioware games)

and suppose you got the game as a gift - now the price point doesn't matter at all, does it?

I'm just saying, take the money out of the equation and regard the game as how much you enjoyed it. I'm not disagreeing that Assault wasn't that good, I just wish people would express their distaste in a different way than saying they wish they had some of their money back. The game came out over 10 years ago, are you still seriously torn up about the price point?
>>
>>333849914
It's called being a regular Nintendo fan.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.