[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Warzone Firefight beta this week >Infection next month
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3
File: jorge.jpg (561 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
jorge.jpg
561 KB, 1136x640
>Warzone Firefight beta this week
>Infection next month
>Reach armor comes back
>still 3 or so more months of content updates afterwards

Damn, Halo 5 really turned things around. Splatoon, Destiny, SFV, and Division should take note, this is how you do post launch content.
>>
>>333847449
wait what? the game didn't come with firefight? so glad I jumped ship whn halo was at its peak population wise and competitive wise.
also
>playing halooo in 2016
>>
>>333847619
So you jumped ship at 2 and Reach simultaneously? That can't be right?
>>
>>333847449
Can't tell if this is bait... Im going with yes. But here is your reply, these "free content updates" are parts of the game that should have been in at launch. Halo 5 is a fucking disgrace to the series, and has the hardest circle jerking community behind it.
>>
>>333847449
its EXACTLY the same thing that splatoon did
only with a bigger budget
>>
>>333847820
I never said anything about it being free though?
>>
>>333847820
you're a dumb fucking nigger
>>
Destiny is getting a huge free update this month as well.
>>
>>333847950
free is literally an adjective that changed my point in no way. This point you are making is completely irrelevant to what I am saying.
>>
>>333848013
Nice rebuttal
>>
>>333847786
2's population was nowhere near as big as 3 or reach. also reach/3 were on par after a year of reach being out. I know this because after that garbage came out I went back to 3 since it was better by far. personally my favorite was 2 though
>>
>>333848408
well i meant 2 for competitive peak and reach for size peak, but I forget reach only had biggest size peak for its release and people went back to 3 after a few months
>>
>>333848629
2 definitely was the peak of competitively play. it was literally better than 3 in every way but gfx. reach was a shit show. it's sad to say that I would rather play 3 than any of the newer shit that's out
>>
>>333847449
Halo is still dead. 343 are like a bunch of spoiled rich kids who inherited the possession's of their parents. They also don't know what made Halo good and makes it go through a horrible identity crisis. Fuck 'em.
>>
>>333848629
>>333848408
halo 3 had the largest release / sustained population. Reach had the lowest I believe, and Halo 4 was higher at the start, but quickly dropped off to around Reach's levels after a year or so. There is no population data for Halo 2, so you can't really tell what was happening. Most though put it at one of the lower beginning populations just purely due to the fact that it was early in the series.
>>
>>333847449
343 is so based releasing features that were present on launch in previous Halo games. Thanks 343!
>>
>>333848851
Yeah but not like modern bungie could do halo justice either. At least they got gameplay right in 5, if nothing else

In fact, is there anyone who could?
>>
>>333848870
4 was actually dead like 6 months after release
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eB-rw0mqBM
>>
>>333848928
It was a step in the right direction, but I'm not a fan of the gameplay still. Halo maps have not been great since Halo 3 imo just purely because they had to change the way halo maps are laid out due to so many extra movement mechanics and gameplay speed.
>>
>>333848928
5 is not that good. there is literally no reason for sprint or any of that new shit nobody asked for. the ttks are also bad along with the map sizes. it's literally a tactical shooter now with shit tier "arena" maps
>>
>>333849134
Map design in Halo 5 is really bad. The ONLY map I like in that game is the midship remake. All of the others have that weird Halo 4 / 343i vibe or are remixes of maps i don't like (save the remix of the remake).
>>
>>333849134
sprint is there because of charge, but it is nothing like CS or RS where you are dropped in two shots. Map design is pretty garbage though, all the community forge maps are better than those made by 343
>>
>>333849473
What is CS / RS?
>>
>>333849473
>sprint is there because of charge
charge is not a good thing. it's one of the worst things about h5. why the fuck is there a 1 shot melee in halo ? and I thought double meleeing was retarded in h3..
sprint also ruins the sizes of maps. therees just no need for it in halo, if people think halo needs it then they should just go play something else that has it. sprint is on of the reasons halo is so dead right now
>>
>>333847820
>these "free content updates" are parts of the game that should have been in at launch.

This is absolutely true and the fact it didn't have it at launch was shameful, but 5's core gameplay and map design is the best the halo series has been since 2 and it actually has the best weapon balance in the franchise.

It's far from a disgrace.

>>333849134
The Smart scope helps balance automatiics
thruster, hover, sliide, and clamber allow for more complicated skilljumps and as such raise the skillgap, as well as allowing focus on more vertical maps

>>333849473
>>333849406
I disagree. They aren't as good as ce or 2's but they are better then 3 and 4's and hell of a lot better then reach's. They have a excellent degree of verticallity and have a fuck ton of interesting and hidden movement pathways that help annunciation the skillgap between people who know the ins and outs of the maps and how to utilize the new movement options and people who don't.

Thematically they are all pretty boring though, admittedly, but the actual layouts are good.
>>
File: 1453752965821.jpg (44 KB, 441x306) Image search: [Google]
1453752965821.jpg
44 KB, 441x306
>>333849621
Counter Strike and Rainbow Six. You know, tactical shooters.
>>
>>333849787
>The Smart scope helps balance automatiics
there was never any need for that before. "smart scope" is also kinda clunky and delayed.
>>
>>333849806
you still can get caught out in the open anywhere and die due to the TTKs/map sizes. h5 is just bad and there are better twitch shooters out there
>>
>>333849780
It was always double melee though, only reason 2 took a bajillion hits online was because bad netcode. Charge is only a one hit kill if its too the back or shields or 1/3 or less, it still counts as a normal melee.

I definitely dont think halo needs sprint, but I dont hate it in 5.
>>
>>333849787
Halo 5 does have good weapon balance, I strongly disagree with the statement that Halo 3 had bad map design. Halo 3 had The Pit, Valhalla, Construct, Guardian, Standoff, and Rats Nest(some people dont like this, I do). Halo 4 had like adrift, and haven. Reach didn't really have any great slayer maps. It did do forge maps decently well though in matchmaking, but some may disagree.
>>
>>333849906
>there was never any need for that before.

Are you fucking serious automatics have been trash or at least very outclassed in every halo game up till 5.
>>
>>333849806
I wasn't sure if you were talking about some weird tech in Halo 5.
>>
>>333847934
Halo 5's bigger budget is because of the cash based items.

People bought those warzone items that made warzone P2W
>>
>>333850225
>It was always double melee though, only reason 2 took a bajillion hits online was because bad netcode
no, I'm sorry but you're wrong.
halo 2 took to melees with momentum. either jumping/meleeing or moving. if you're standing still it would take 3. not to mention you could bxb which increased the skill gap a little unlike the retarded boxing h3 had
>>333850265
you have really shit opinions and you don't really know what your talking about. I'm done. rock paper scissors is not balanced, go play halo wars
>>
>>333850408
two**
>>
>>333850265
Automatics were fine in CE what are you talking about?
>>
>>333850265
That is because they are lower tier than other weapons. The point of an arena shooter is that you are supposed to go out and find better weapons on the map. To replace your shitty starting ones. The starting weapons should be last ditch stuff.
>>
>>333850697
pistol is great though
>>
>>333850905
It is, but its not as good as a BR, DMR, or LR
>>
>>333850226
>I strongly disagree with the statement that Halo 3 had bad map design

Didn't mean to say 3's were bad, I just think 5's are better, though it's sorta awkward to compare since 3 has a much larger variety of maps, both in terms of sheer quantity and in terms of "types".

>>333850408
>you have shit opinions because you want a balanced weapon sandbox
Ok bud

>>333850624
They aren't as bad in ce as in most other halo games but I wouldn't call it "fine".

>>333850697
To a degree, sure, but ideally even the guns you spawn with should at least be versatile enough to continue to use if you want over more specialized on map guns, but beyond that, there were and always were automatics you didn't spawn with on map, and you also always spawned with a pistol in ce and a BR in 2 and 3, and you basically never had a reason to piick up any automatics or to use one because the magnum/BR totally outclass them, and could be used almost as well even up close. SMG starts in 2 were a thing but were just as shit since the moment a team got the majority of BR's it was over in a curbstomp

5 manages to have all the on map weapons be really good without any particular ones completely dominating (power weapons aside, which is the point), and still having your spawn weapons be viable and even occasionally preferable.
>>
>>333847449
Yea, they sure have.

Fuck you OP, all this post-launch shit should have been in the game at fucking launch, they had years to work on this game with one of the biggest studios under M$'s umbrella

Still doesn't have one flag
Still doesn't have one bomb
Still doesn't have KOTH (where the hill moves)
Still has shitty maps (Out of the 20 Free Maps! only 4 have been custom hand made maps, the rest are shitty broken forge maps)
Still cannot use REQ items in forge
REQ system sucks ass, getting the armor you want is near impossible unless you grind
Warzone is an imbalanced unfun mess of casual shitty gameplay
6 months to add infection, the backbone of custom games

343 deserves no respect.
>>
>>333851349
see
>>333849787

>This is absolutely true and the fact it didn't have it at launch was shameful, but 5's core gameplay and map design is the best the halo series has been since 2 and it actually has the best weapon balance in the franchise.

5 has problems but it's not a complete failure by any means.
>>
>>333847934
And splatoon's lack of content was inexcusable too.
>>
>>333851571
343's only decent map is Haven from 4. The rest of their maps are mediocre or complete garbage.

But I do agree on gameplay, and that's why its so frustrating to see the ruined potential in this game.

Fuck 343
>>
>>333851348
I actually agree that the AR needed a buff. I'm also glad they made smg a beast because it was just a weird AR honestly so that gives it some character. In Halo 5, the AR and pistol needed to be buffed hard because the BR is a fucking god in that game.
>>
>>333851715
>343's only decent map is Haven from 4. The rest of their maps are mediocre or complete garbage.

I have to disagree senpai, 4's maps are super similar in quality disturbution and in terms of design principals as 3's maps. I actually went full autist and made a list ranking 4 and 3s maps into tiers to prove it but I sadly can't find it now.
>>
>>333851715
>ruined potential
This is a problem 343 always seems to have with their games. When 343 first showed Halo 4's mp people was excited about it because it looked like classic Halo but then the Game Informer mag came out and you know what happened from there. And now there is Halo 5 is missing features such as split screen and releasing content late.Releasing late content is what also hurt Halo 4 in the long run.
>>
>>333852950
>hen 343 first showed Halo 4's mp people was excited about it because it looked like classic Halo but then the Game Informer mag came out and you know what happened from there

People forget that you can always, you know, turn off the vast majority of 4's bad shit in customs and eventually playlists with those settings got into MM.

4 wiithout ordiance, with weapons on maps, and without loadouts can actually be pretty damn good and loadouts are a fun distraction from time to time, Fuck ordinance though.

Also MCC is the fucking textbook definition of wasted potential. Still had fun playiing through the campaigns in 1080p/60 fps and with the MP when I could get matches, but fuck, if it hadn't buggy and support wasn't dropped it could have totally revitalized halo's presence and been the best 60$ vidya package ever
>>
File: 1459902658436.png (725 KB, 774x451) Image search: [Google]
1459902658436.png
725 KB, 774x451
>can't even get something simple like Emile's armor right
Why would I even trust them after 4 and MCC?
Their track record for fuck awful games is 3 for 3
>>
>>333854210
True
>>
>>333854461
What's wrong with the armor
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.