[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did you first realise that havel's armour is actually shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
When did you first realise that havel's armour is actually shit?
>>
when I read in the official guide that all the pieces reduce stamina regeneration
>>
The fact that it let me poise/facetank my way through the 4 Kings at level fucking 1 proved it was actually overpowered as hell.

But since DaS2 and DaS3 have different poise mechanics heavy armour is useless again, just like DeS.
>>
>>333846643
When I played Dark Souls 2 and stopped caring about trying to maximize my defense and just wore the jester set because it was light. Honestly, with a good shield you don't even need to worry about it nearly as much as you think. Mind you, you have to git gud first.
>>
Literally the only way I can beat the four kings is wearing that armour.
>>
>>333846985
Sounds like you're just a scrub to me
>>
>>333847146
You've beat the four kings
I've beat the four kings
We're basically equal
>>
>>333847370
Four kings is way easier with Havels armor for sure, Four kings is kind of a shitty boss though, always felt more like a war of attrition that a real fight.
>>
When it got nerfed.

I didn't enter the community when it started getting shit.
>>
>>333846643
When I saw my friend poisetank manus with it. He would hit once, consume a humanity, repeat.
It was disgusting to watch. I was rooting for manus by the end.
>>
>>333847539
u wot? If you let the battle drag on, you're basically guaranteeing yourself getting overwhelmed. You have to go get them over with fast. It is absolutely a real fight, how the hell do you even think of it as a war of attrition?
>>
File: 1439207530875.jpg (20 KB, 257x244) Image search: [Google]
1439207530875.jpg
20 KB, 257x244
>>333846643
>armour
>>
i just beat the 4 kings with a +5 silver knight set and a +13 gargoyle's halberd.i just used the same tactic i used for almost every other boss

>run towards boss
>run around him, he will spin tryinhg to align
>when he starts an attack animation, spin a bit more to make sure i dont get hit, and then wreck him from the back
>repeat till ded

took me 2 tries on my first playthrough

gwyn took me 6 tries though, took me a bit to git gud at parrying the sonofabitch
>>
Right away. It looks like complete trash. I was super mad that they brought it back for DaS2 rather than inventing a new "best armor".

DaS3 has the right idea though. If you're gonna bring one or two things back, you should probably just go for it and bring tons back.
>>
>>333846959
How did they fuck up poise in 3?
>>
When I killed his sorry ass first time
>>
File: image.jpg (145 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145 KB, 600x600
>>333846643
It actually isn't. You hate it because it's popular because muh board culture. I'm going to Havel estoc turtle because of kids like you lmao
>>
>>333847539
>war of attrition
It's purely a dps race
>>
>>333850706
It's garbage in DaS3 if you haven't heard.
>>
>>333846693
all heavy class armor does that
>>
I got over 200 hours in dark souls 1 and 2 each.
How much does armour even affect the dmg you tkae? I always went with fast rolling and I never experimented with dmg reduction
>>
>>333850302
Not him but it works during your attacks and STR weapons gain bonus poise, so it's very similar to DaS1 but if you aren't mid attack when you're hit then it doesn't do shit
>>
>>333850706
>Havel estoc
>bulky as fuck armor
>dick thin sword

get some style nigga
>>
Nothing beats Giant Dad.
>>
>>333850924
I'm not sure about DaS1 but I know in 2 the PvE damage reduction was nearly nothing, armour only mattered for PvP.
>>
>>333850302
Doesn't work. You can have the highest poise possible and be staggered after a hit or two by basically anything.

Poise is broken.
Sorceries and Miracles and some Pyromancies are complete shit.
decent Int and Faith scaling doesn't kick in until 60+ points
The boss weapons are steaming piles
Any weapon scaling off of INT is complete shit.
The FUGS was nerfed into the ground.
The MLGS is ass. E/E/E scaling
>>
>>333847539
>war of attrition
i don't thank that means what you think it means.
>>
>>333850924
Damage reduction is minimal. Enemies in DS3 do so much more damage per hit that the difference between someone with light armor and heavy armor is just one extra attack. Sometimes not even that.

Rolling is king.
>>
>>333850949
>>333851206

That's fucking stupid, why do they keep fucking up a basic mechanic that they did right the first time?
So it's another DEX-fag pandering game?
>>
File: 1451114060752.jpg (88 KB, 500x339) Image search: [Google]
1451114060752.jpg
88 KB, 500x339
>>333846643
after i put that shit on and easily rekt kalameet manu and gwyn (didn't parry once bc im too shit to know how) with no effort

it's so good it made me feel like i was cheated out of the three last bosses of my first playthrough
>>
>>333846985
Try playing pyro.
>>
>>333851557
Strength is king right now, there's very few good Dex weapons.

I don't think you understand just how poor DS3's build variety is. Everything Miyazaki hated he nerfed into the ground.
>>
>>333851954
I don't really mind that since DEX weapons have been disgustingly overpowered in all previous games, but less build variety is never good.
>>
when i discovered i-frames
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.