[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've been playing Dark Souls 3 for two days now and I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: ds3weaponvariety.jpg (355 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ds3weaponvariety.jpg
355 KB, 1920x1080
So I've been playing Dark Souls 3 for two days now and I gotta say I'm pretty disappointed by the weapon variety in this game, pic related. I'm especially disappointed by the amount of weapons that share the same moves.

Is this what people would rather have over Bloodborne's trick weapons? Because I feel like every weapon in BB was useful, while I'm getting loot over and over again from enemies in DaS 3 but there's nothing as useful as or better than my default long sword...
>>
>>333838827
>nothing as useful as or better than my default long sword...
Depends if you want reliable stagger, powerarmor, knockdowns, range or anything else.
I mean of course long sword works but it's boring as hell to play with.
>>
Who cares faggot, won't even read your post. Sage you fucking shit.
>>
>>333839053

But there's barely any visual difference among weapons of the same class and they share tons of moves.
>>
Judging by that screen shot you literally have like 1/15th of the total weapons in the game.
>>
>>333839898
Doesn't look like he's through the first area even.
>>
You're still at the very beginning of the game, what the fuck did you expect?
>>
>>333840254
>>333839898

I've killed around 6 bosses and most of my items are in the box. I didn't say I just took the picture.
>>
>>333841063
>I gotta say I'm pretty disappointed by the weapon variety in this game, pic related

You suggested that the picture would be a good indicator of why you're so disappointed in the weapon variety
>>
>>333839976
Yeah they decided to let you pretty much pick your weapon at the start
>>
>>333841063
You beat 6 bosses and you're level 23?

What the fuck lad
>>
>>333841234

No, I suggest it was RELATED to the subject.

>>333841381

That's an old pic I took, I'm 37.
>>
>>333841434
Take a new pick of the weapons an post em.
>>
File: ds3covenant.jpg (216 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ds3covenant.jpg
216 KB, 1920x1080
>>333841650

I'm working, the only other pic I got is from the achievement for finding the Sunlight meme covenant in the middle of nowhere, with absolutely no context, just like DaS 2.
>>
By the way, to anyone that got an early copy, are you guys able to log in to the game servers? I'm still playing offline because it says I can't connect. Maybe the servers haven't been turned on yet.
>>
>>333842009
Ok, and stop playing with a longsword the games are designed so that almost every weapon is a viable endgame weapon so you don't have to worry about upgrading the wrong one, but you somehow chose the most boring weapon as your go to.
>>
>>333842612
>the most boring weapon
let me guess, you think katanas and edgy anime giant swords that spin really fast are "cool" right? There's nothing boring about having one of the fastest swings in the game. Longswords make for fast interesting hit and run and since the moveset is so easy to remember you can focus on other stuff like memorizing the boss attacks since you don't have to stand there swinging your 2cool4u giant sword for a year and a half every time.
>>
>first playthrough
>two days

Then you haven't found every weapon. Seriously, did you even play the other games? The GOAT weapons are either hard as shit to find or they need to be created.
>>
>>333838827
>Is this what people would rather have over Bloodborne's trick weapons?

On /v/, yes. Because everyone has been salty over the fact that BB was exclusive, so obviously DaS3 will receive endless praise here.

It should also not come as a surprise that the Souls games have inferior weapons when compared to Bloodborne. I already knew from the start they would copy/paste weapon arts up the ass.
>>
>>333846790
>trick weapons

Everyone raves about the trick weapons but for the most part, outside of a handful of -really- fun and good to use ones, most trick weapons usually have a mode you'll use over the other.

Sawcleaver only really uses R1 spam and the trick-combo mode, you will almost never use the tricked attacks becuase they are slow and worthless.

Kirkhammer and Ludwigs holy blade will never use the untricked mode outside of trying to parry/riposte.

The strength of the hunter axe is it's tricked mode's crowd control and AoE capabilities. Otherwise it's mostly just a significantly slower and slightly more damage saw cleaver without the bonus damage to beasts.

It's rare when theres a weapon that fully utilizes the capabilities of the tricked and untricked mode.
>>
File: 1451062342531.jpg (33 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1451062342531.jpg
33 KB, 512x384
>>333839618
Spotted the PCuck eagerly awaiting dark souls 3 because he didnt get to play bloodborne
>>
>>333838827
It's a completely different system you retard, if you take into account all the movesets DaS 3 has more than BB. The boss weapons are pretty unique anyway.
>>
>>333847247
Tricked cleaver has more range and has a really good R2 combo for crowd control

The sword modes of Kirk/Ludwigs are really fast and have a ton of useful moves, the fuck are you on about

Axe has more stagger power cleaver, not to mention the R2s can and will knockdown opponents. Its not useless in the slightest

Trick weapons werent only about the 2 different forms, it was about having a ton of more moves than normal, not to mention instant stance changing attacks mid combo.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.