[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so what exactly is wrong with this timeline?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 14
File: zelda timeline.jpg (279 KB, 800x1092) Image search: [Google]
zelda timeline.jpg
279 KB, 800x1092
so what exactly is wrong with this timeline?
>>
come on /v/, even dedicated wikis have deemed it not canon and I love to know why
>>
>>333828191
Heroes can't be defeated.
>>
It doesn't showcase my own headcanon.
>>
>>333828191
There's no "Ganondorf marries Zelda and lives happily ever after" timeline.
>>
/v/ doesn't care about video games, dummy
post something about some millennial's stream or some SJW controversy, then your thread will get popular
>>
>>333828191
I never had a major beef with it but I kinda liked it when Nintendo was all "there is no timeline. These are all legends". Plus you go from like TP (which may be a bit overrated but it's still a huge game) to fucking four swords. Really?
>>
>>333828957
probably because it started with skyward sword.

I don't see why you give a shit what the wikis say, they finally released an official timeline and autists can complain all they want
>>
>>333829267
>tfw there's no "Ganondorf makes you his sissy wife" timeline
>>
>>333829429
>Nintendo was all "there is no timeline. These are all legends"

They were never like that though.
>>
File: Smiling Link.png (248 KB, 432x572) Image search: [Google]
Smiling Link.png
248 KB, 432x572
>>333829640
>tfw
>>
That there even is a timeline, in my opinion.

The timeline itself is fine enough though.
>>
>>333828191

It's fine. The problem that I can see is that they will eventually run out of space. Ganon was defeated in every single timeline so they'll have to pull something out of their ass to revive him.

I would love to see a game take place after Adventure of Link.
>>
>>333828191
There's no female link.
>>
>>333828191
nothing is wrong with the timeline. The timeline proves that OoT is shit and people who don't play it (thus allowing the hero to be defeated) are rewarded with the best Zelda games.
>>
>Minish Cap is where he gets the hat
>Has his hat in Skyward Sword
>>
>>333829739
why is link such a slut?
>>
When is Zelda U going to take place? Between SS and OoT? I'm so sick of the OoT references.
>>
>>333830040
Couldn't it be a different hat?
>>
>>333830040
Skyward Sword he just happened to have the hat, MC is what tied the hat by fate
>>
>>333830045
Pretty boys are bound to be sluts.
>>
>>333830040
It's easy to just say the same tradition developed in two different eras
>>
>>333830586

http://pastebin.com/m5YQqatH

Oh yeah?
>>
>>333828191

It doesn't account for the CDI games.
They'd take place in the 'Defeated Hero' timeline, right? Because Link knows who Ganon is, meaning that they've fought before, and that's the only timeline where Ganon can both be revived and have fought Link before.
>>
>>333830940
>CDi Link was the one who got defeated

It all makes sense now.
>>
>>333831127

Worse, OoT's faggot ass did. Maybe he should spent more time fighting and less styling his hair and showing off earrings.
>>
Can someone post the Donkey Kong timeline?
>>
>>333830712
>find out the princess has written an extremely detailed gay smut story about you and your dark magic clones
>"lol girls are weird haha"
Link is vapid and retarded as fuck.
>>
>>333831127
No, I mean the CDi Link is the same Link from The Adventure of Link. He's fought Ganon before and knows he can be revived, and therefore can 'wonder what Ganon's up to.' The events of Faces of Evil then occur soon after the Adventure.

Though that is a funny thought.
>>
File: 1458218410183.jpg (62 KB, 624x440) Image search: [Google]
1458218410183.jpg
62 KB, 624x440
>>333828191
Because by showing time lines exist within the Zelda Universe, you've opened a can of worms into placing games.

How do we not know that Wind Waker happened before A Link to the Past, considering Ganon is constantly being revived.

And according to this timeline, Ganon was executed between OoT and Twilight Princess, but in Twilight Princess, he was very clearly only sealed away in the Shadow Realm, courtesy of him losing his match against Pegasus' Toon Deck.

If you just sit down and do some basic Logic, this timeline doesn't make sense and is arbitrary to make fan boys shut up and stop emailing Miyamoto with their "THIS IS THE TIMELINE POTATOMOTO!"
>>
>>333830940
CD-i costumes in Hyrule Warriors would be just about the funniest and most based thing I could imagine

it'd never happen but i often dream
>>
>>333831127
>>333831220
I always found the 'Hero Defeated' thing to be weird. I preferred the theory that the Hero simply wasn't there in that timeline, so evil rose unchallenged.
Like, child Link goes back and prevents Ganondorf's plan in the child timeline.
The adult Link timeline rebuilds Hyrule after he kills Ganon.
And then one timeline where, due to timetravel fuckery, there simply wasn't a Link there at all.
>>
>>333831409

I think the "Ganon is executed" bit refers specifically to what happened in TP. Either the Historia misworded it, or it's implying that the sages lied to everyone.
>>
>>333831565

The way I saw it was that Ganon had a temporary victory over Link where he got the full Triforce and immediately fled to go set his plans in motion, and Link + The Sages sealed his ass in a last ditch effort but Ganon already "won", and just had to wait until ALttP.
>>
if OOT Link defeated future ganondorf, went back, and waited around that hyrule for 7 years or so, could he literally watch himself teleport out of the temple, fight ganon and leave?
>>
>>333831409
WW!Ganon is the same guy as OOT!Ganon for sure though right?
>>
>>333831610
So then we can agree that the Hyrule Historia is at least inaccurate?
>>
>>333831918
Everyone knows it's inaccurate. Nintendo hates lore. Any lore you find in one of their games was probably snuck in, or just handwaved
>>
>>333831409
The issue here lies in the rewrites in the localization of TP causing plotholes.
>>
>>333831863
Ganon/Ganondorf are interchangeable, one is simply Pig form, the other is Akuma Nose Form
>>
>>333831863

WW Ganon is OoT Ganon after accomplishing all of his plans but still getting fucked over by Link and the sages. And then he was sealed for like a hundred years so he had a lot of time to think things over.

TP Ganon is OoT Ganon but he got tattled on by child Link/Zelda before he could even do anything, so he's mad as fuck.
>>
>>333831409

ganondorf was supposed to be executed but it failed and they sealed him instead, there's literally a cutscene about it after the desert dungeon
>>
>>333831752
No, because when Zelda sends him back after killing Ganon, she sends him back to BEFORE Ganondorf tricked Link into opening the Sacred Realm. There's no way for Ganondorf to seize as much power as he did without the Realm, so the future would develop differently.
Probably a political coup or something rather than dark magic. I'd read that.
>>
>>333832073
>Be Ganon
>Some kid comes out of nowhere and claims I'm out to take over the kingdom.
>"Oh, silly children, I know I'm a bit imposing, but really?"
>Everyone laughs about kids imaginations.
>Kid is dragged away screaming.
>Take over anyway, because why would the king believe to some abandoned kid in fairy clothes over a respected ambassador.
>>
>>333831918
>>333832021
>inaccurate
>book produced and endorssed by nintendo
>for some reason nintendo developed the games
You do not agree with the timeline set by those who created the game because it is not consistent with the lore created only in the little head of yours.
>>
>>333832098
As an objective source, outside the context of the games, The timeline should reflect that fact, not play into it.

But thats because the Hyrule Historia is an inaccurate piece of fan fiction, an shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone.
>>
>>333831918

Well, I don't know. They planned to execute Ganondorf, but he almost managed to escape so they were forced to seal him in the Twilight Realm. It's effectively an execution for everyone alive at the time, it just fucked over a future generation.

I don't think Nintendo just had some intern make it all up on the spot. The "Triforce-using Monarchy" refers to ALBW, and the Era of Chaos/Era of Prosperity probably refers to Zelda U. They've put some level of thought into this.
>>
>>333832321
>devs are infallible simply by virtue of being the original creators

nah
sakamoto is the creator/producer of metroid and OM shit all over the lore, cuz he's a bad writer

same with whoever made the official chart. they were simply embracing the whole meme about zelda games not having a real timeline, and went "here is our best stab at it" which doesn't make sense in many places, cuz they were not concerned with minor details. a lot of the game placements seem arbitrary.
>>
>>333832316
Don't be deliberately dense. They would've found evidence, gotten Impa to help them, etc. etc.
Plus Hylians probably already hated sand people to some degree, like all pure Aryan nations.
>>
>>333832316
Nah, Historia says that Link just took the Ocarina of Time and ran away after telling Zelda the future. Then blank happens and Ganondorf is set to be executed several years later.
>>
>>333832321
Or Nintendo could try to be accurate with their own Canon guide.
I mean when someone says "Executed" to me, I don't think "Oh he was hidden away in a hole for a long time."
>>
>>333832682
It's mentioned later in the book that he was exiled. Ganondorf's execution refers to the event where they tried to execute him and failed.
>>
>>333832682
Did you play TP? The cutscene at the end of Arbiter's Grounds actually shows this, where the sages try to kill Ganon. He takes a sword through the chest, the Triforce of Power revives him and lets him break his chains, and the sages more or less throw up their hands and say "fuck it" and send him to the Twilight Realm - and that's even assuming they knew what was on the other side of the Mirror, for all we know they could've believed at the time that sending people into the Mirror straight up kills them. It would technically be more accurate to say "imprisoned" or "sealed" but for all intents and purposes everyone thought he was as good as dead with the original intent to actually kill him.

The timeline isn't perfect, but there are better things to nitpick about.
>>
>ALttP timeline
>Hero was defeated by Ganon
>Still need to revive him, Ganon
>World in ALttP was pretty good actually even if Ganon supposedly achieved his objectives
?
>>
>>333832321
>release a "series bible"
>half of it is just about one game

what a potent source of research material from nintendo
>>
>>333833076
Fucking Ganon apologists
>>
>>333833076
The world in A Link to the Past was wracked with war for several hundred years and the royal family nearly wiped out until Link finally appeared.

Revived refers to him coming back from the Sacred Realm, where he was imprisoned with the Tri-force.
>>
>>333832630
So it went
>Time Travel
>Steal Ocarina
>?????
>Ganondorf Dead.

But when you think about it, the path to the Master Sword had to already be open for Link to come back and snitch on the DJ Ganon.
Wouldn't that mean that by the time he could do that...
>The King is Already Dead.
>Impa and Zelda are already on the run from Ganon.
>The Path to the Master Sword is already open.

So does Hyrule just go Full War on the Gerudo at that point? I mean, their King is dead, their Princess is missing, and so little kid in green tights is claiming he knows shit?

There's some leaps of faith you have to make.
>No one suspects the outsider dressed in wierd clothes of a folk-tale people, who somehow has a royal heirloom, and knows an aweful lot about the shit goign down.

At a minimum, they would have taken Link prisoner for a while, or dismissed him as a crazy child.
>>
>>333828957
With my long and nonexistent experience in the hardcore Zelda fandom, I would say they rejected it because they're babies and can't accept something that doesn't fit their idea of what the timeline is. At least that was the gist I was getting from the meltdowns they were having around the time this became public.
>>
>>333828191
>X villian is revived over over and fucking over again

What kind of bullshit story telling is this.
>>
>>333832563

The only arbitrary placement is Four Swords Adventures, everything else fits pretty well if you use the original Legend of Zelda as a starting point and continuously build on it with sequels and prequels. It can get a bit confusing because OoT is the centerpiece and its time travel shenanigans cause three separate timelines. The Hero is Defeated timeline is a bit out of nowhere but a third timeline had to exist, LttP doesn't really fit in the other two timelines, and OoT is a prequel to it.
>>
>>333833318
He's sent back to when he first left the forest, not when he first pulled the sword out. The king is still fine and Zelda isn't on the run. In that timeline, when he warns Zelda of the future is the first time they've met.
Where Zelda would usually tell Link about her nightmares and send him to gather the other spiritual stones, he instead informs her of the future and takes the Ocarina to ensure that Ganondorf can't open the Sacred Realm.

Presumably, Future Zelda also opened and closed the door in the Temple of Time for him.
>>
>>333833930
Just watched the ending, and it very clearly sends him back to the Sword room, not to when he "First left the Forest"
>>
>>333828191
The timelines fine. What irks me is when fags try to day that the links in the WW timeline don't have the "Spirit of the Hero" like its some reincarnation shit. It's metaphysical: when the spirit seems it necessary, it's born into a kid to have him save the world.
>>
>>333829347
It's that shitty attitude that keeps the board like this though.
>>
>>333833930
Time wise, it's when he first left the forest. He's just in the Temple of Time instead of literally walking into Hyrule Field. Presumably, Future Zelda opened the door for him to get out and closed it behind him.

That's why Link meets Zelda at the end of the cutscene, because if what you're implying is true, she should have already been evacuated by Impa and the king dead.
>>
>>333833930
>>333834184
It doesn't matter where he was sent. All that matters is that it sent him back to before he met child Zelda as she was surprised to see him.
>>
>>333834647
Yes, this, basically.
>>
>>333834474
Wind Waker is very clear that Link isn't a proper Link though. He doesn't have the blood/spirit of the actual Link line, it was just a coincidence that he was swept up in the larger story, cuz Ganon's bird kidnapped his sister.
>>
>>333828191
It makes no sense now, given this -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ4WioLQnFM
>>
>>333834818
Why the fuck would he not have the spirit of the hero? You do realize every Link isn't a descendant of the previous one, Right?
>>
>>333834818
That's what I'm saying. Who says that the Spirit of the Hero has to be passed down through bloodlines? It's outside the realm of science, and can't be explained. To assume that every other link is descended of the first is absurd, and there's no evidence to support the claim.
>>
>>333834926
Because he was told specifically that he didn't.

He had to go out and find and piece together the triforce of courage. Anyone could have done that, it just happened to be him.
>>
File: NewZeldatimeline.png (985 KB, 1118x1168) Image search: [Google]
NewZeldatimeline.png
985 KB, 1118x1168
Updated timeline.
>>
>>333835038
Because it's not like characters directly say that he is the Hero of Time reborn, thus saying that he possesses the spirit of the hero or anything
>>
>>333834986
All the Links are descended from SS Link, same with all Zeldas descending from SS Zelda. (I assumed they fugged)

The "Toon Link" bloodline has no relation to the Hero.
>>
>>333835305
That's not true. That's not true at all.
>>
>>333835305
Prove it
>>
>>333835258
>acknowledging that the female gender exists is SJW

fucking kill yourself. you're making every rational person on this board look like a woman-hating sociopath with this shit.
>>
>>333828191
>ganon is revived every fucking time

Wow nintendo
Such brilliant creative minds
Oh boy, im apalled by your daring innovative thinking
>>
File: 1451883464580.jpg (78 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1451883464580.jpg
78 KB, 500x500
>>333835305
>>
>>333835258
>implying the leaks are true
>>
>>333835426
>Implying female roles didn't already have the most importance in Zelda canon.
>>
>>333835454
you know nintendo considers "the story" in games to be the absolute last priority right?

their main lore-guy Koizumi has confirmed this many times, like when he wrote the story for Link's Awakening and gave Link depth and backstory and the rest of the devs basically didn't care, i think he said the verbatim response was like "Okay, but don't put too much focus on the story over the gameplay"
>>
>>333835295
They don't. If you replay the game with translated Hylian text, they say the exact opposite.
>>
I want a damn game that takes place after Zelda 2 or anything that furthers the timelines instead of filling in blanks that further complicate it.

How did the 2 Zelda's alive at the same time pan out? Link rescues Zelda 1 princess and then we had the sleeping one in the north palace, he breaks the curse of at the end of Zelda 2. This was supposedly the original Zelda and why all princesses had to be named Zelda.

Doesn't this make Link the new prince/king? Since it was a trial for princes to become worthy of being the king, with placing the crystal or some shit.

Since the curse was broken do they still do the all females named Zelda shit? It was to remember the original Zelda's tragedy, but since thats broken, why continue it?
>>
>>333835589
name a game where zelda has been crucially important or helpful

all i can think of is toon zeldas who got more to do than she usually does.
>>
Has anything stated where the new Zelda will be on the timeline? With how large they claimed the world to be, I thought it'd be after Spirit Tracks in a way.
>>
File: PhantomArt.png (482 KB, 896x676) Image search: [Google]
PhantomArt.png
482 KB, 896x676
>>333835840
Spirit Tracks
>>
>>333835956
After TP
>>
>>333835840
>Game with goddesses and mostly female Sages.
>Females unrepresented because they don't roll around swinging swords.

Seek help.
>>
>>333835780
>"Yes, surely you are the Hero of Time, reborn... Your time has come... Come now... Stand before me!"
>>
>>333835956
I could've sworn there was evidence they were diving into the darker timeline since someone pointed out that the horizon was the same as an old Zelda 1 art or something
>>
>>333835956
I pray that it's before SS.
>>
>>333836180
well the guy's not psychic. he can't tell the difference from the outside.
>>
File: THE REAL ZELDA TIMELINE.jpg (220 KB, 640x873) Image search: [Google]
THE REAL ZELDA TIMELINE.jpg
220 KB, 640x873
They're mad because it's not the real timeline. Pic related.
>>
>>333836271
Using that logic neither are jabun or the king of red lions, so how would they know that he doesn't possess the spirit of the hero? How would they even know of the spirit's existence?
>>
>>333835305
That's not true.

Zelda, yes, is always directly related to a previous one.

Link is 'reincarnated' into otherwise unrelated characters named Link.

Ganondorf is the same Ganondorf since OoT
>>
>>333836479
but the rest have to be related if they make a point of saying WW Link isn't actually relaed to the Link bloodline
>>
File: 1400184278487.jpg (1 MB, 2257x3101) Image search: [Google]
1400184278487.jpg
1 MB, 2257x3101
>>333831323
Got you covered
>>
>>333828191
It doesn't fit people's headcannon
>>
>>333836585
there is a possibility of some Links being related to one another but for it to be a static bloodline? That can't be the case.
>>
>>333836585
They just said that he hasn't connection to the Hero of Time, i.e. the one they were looking for. They never mention "the hero's bloodline" or anything of the sort.
>>
File: 1459592192187.jpg (195 KB, 900x719) Image search: [Google]
1459592192187.jpg
195 KB, 900x719
>>333836275
Good!
>>
Hero Is Defeated timeline is pants on head retarded, that cant happen.

Move that timeline after FSA and its good but faggots want to connect muh OOT to muh LTTP
>>
>>333837379
Well OoT was always meant to be the prequel to LttP. Blame the faggots who made WW and TP direct sequels to OoT as well.
>>
>>333828191
Why would they even try to place Four Swords in the timeline at all?
>>
>>333837881
yup but then they made fsa a prequel to lttp (most of the explicit references were removed before release because miyamoto threw a table)
>>
Who cares

Just shit out more waifus for Hyrule Warriors
>>
>>333828191

Having a timeline at all is the problem. Having fanon and headcanon is the most fun.
>>
Word of God rule

Whoever owns the property can make up whatever they want and have it be canon. Doesn't matter if it contradicts here or there. You can have a headcanon, that's fine, but it can't be THE canon.
>>
>>333839185

Death of the author, friend
>>
>>333839185
On one hand you're right.

But on the other hand they half ass every decision they make because they want to make it look cool so the jury is still out.
>>
>>333839185
Other M directly contradicts EVERY SINGLE PREVIOUS GAME. It is, literally and figuratively impossible for OM to be canon to the Metroid series without throwing out every previous game.

Basically my point is it's easy for devoted fans to tell when the creator of something has "tapped the well dry" and is more or less just 'treading water' creatively
>>
>>333835840

In OoT and MM she teaches you Zelda's Lullaby which is crucial to progress. She also tells you about the Spiritual Stones, Ganondorf and the Triforce so you can actually know what you're supposed to do. She's one of the 7 sages and holds the Triforce of Wisdom.

In OoT, she gives you the Ocarina of Time while she's being kidnapped by Ganondorf. She's also Sheik, who helps you more than any other character throughout the game by teaching you several tunes and telling you almost everything you need to do as Adult Link. As Zelda again, she helps you escape Ganon's castle by using her magic to remove the barriers that prevent you from leaving. She then uses one of her magic spells to help you defeat Ganon. That's just one character, and one game. She does the same thing in WW, on top of all the shit she does as Tetra.

I knew you tumblrcunts didn't know shit about games, but I thought you were familiar with some series like Zelda and Pokemon at least. Seems I was wrong.
>>
>>333839332
Death of the author is a fancy name for Headcanon

>>333839396
The whole point of a timeline is to be cool, so yeah they are making it up as they go along, they have every right to.

>>333839412
If that's what the current producer wants, it's canon. You can refer to Pre-OM to "Old Canon" but it can't be THE Canon.

Believe me, I hate Other M as much as you do. But it's canon until stated otherwise.
>>
>>333840297
what the fuck dude what does tumblr have to do with anything?
>>
>>333839332
That doesn't really apply for games and other media that have ongoing storylines. Though I guess it might apply for Zelda since the timeline is an afterthought and barely has any bearing on the games.
>>
>>333840452
OM can only exist in a canon of itself and maybe Fusion if you're generous (pretty sure something in that is retconned as well)

the only way to look at OM if you need to be a faggot stickler about word of god, is that OM is a hard reboot where samus is a useless piece of shit and everything is terrible and dumb
>>
File: federation-force[1].jpg (169 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
federation-force[1].jpg
169 KB, 1000x500
>>333840631
that's pretty much what Metroid is these days, right?
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 750x1334
>>333836596
underrated
>>
>>333840923
yes.

if metroid dread had ever seen the light of day we could've witnessed a brighter future

but alas

I think Metroid had a pretty good run though. Not a single bad game until OM, even Hunters and Pinball were solid.

I think Metroid fans should brag about that more than complaining about how there'll never be another decent one. They were all good, and yeah OM is an insulting way to kill off a godly IP, but this kind of shit often happens if a series goes on too long
>>
>>333841162
>I think Metroid fans should brag about that more than complaining about how there'll never be another decent one
This is my outlook. Even if the series died right after FedForce, it still produced timeless classics like Metroid 1, Super Metroid and Metroid Prime 1. all of which changed the how games are perceived for a lot of people. Most series are lucky to have even one game with legacy as massive as these games.
>>
>>333828191
Four Swords Adventures takes place directly after Four Swords. You play as the same Link. It doesn't make any sense to place them so far apart from each other.
>>
Everything, it's garbage

Nintendo should have laid them out next to each other and said STANDU ARONE ADVENTURU and linked the few games which actually directly link to each other and left it at that

WW could really come after any adventure. There is no evidence in the games to suggest WW comes after OoT even. Only the Toon Link main games should link at all, and OoT linking with MM
>>
>>333841736

>Four Swords Adventures takes place directly after Four Swords. You play as the same Link
Really? Seemed like it took place much later, given how the map had changed a lot to be like aLttP
>>
>>333841859
On wind water, they DO talk about the Hero of Time.
>>
>>333841736
why does it not make sense?
>>
>>333841859
wind waker is one of the games with the MOST references to another zelda game, it's made abundantly clear it came after OOT.
>>
>>333841881
>>333841981
The backstory for Four Swords Adventures describes Four Swords's events as if they were pretty recent. It even refers to Link and Zelda directly by name, making it pretty clear that it's not talking about events of ages past.
>>
>>333828191
The "hero is defeated" shit means that there's somehow two different canons for OoT.
everyone was fine with the adult and child worlds coexisting already, and the third split made things complex
>>
But where does Triforce Heroes fit?
>>
>>333843223
it's a pretty simple split though. the third timeline is just "what if link ran out of hearts and didn't load his last save but died permanently?"

ganon kills zelda
ganon rules hyrule for a while
shit gets all fucked
>>
File: ofwik1wo3k94u4pjtm7k.jpg (175 KB, 636x870) Image search: [Google]
ofwik1wo3k94u4pjtm7k.jpg
175 KB, 636x870
>>333843602
>>
>>333842863
That honestly could be a localization error as far as tense

>>333843602
Post-LBW pre-LoZ
>>
>>333828191
Well with Link to the Past in the Defeated timeline, it means the Dark World is the Sacred Realm,
which makes no sense as to why:
-the Sacred Realm is now just a strange copy of Hyrle
-how the sages somehow moved to the opposite world and had descendants (even though they were never released from their sage cage things)
-why the Hero of Time or Zelda's bloodline or spiritual line would continue, considering the triforce is inside a giant pig man.
-considering LTTP says "the king sent seven wise men (sages) to seal the gate", it's fucking obscure that another 7 sages appeared out of the blue, when ganon was already in the dark world fucking shit up.

It was just put together to appeal to the new and popular releases.
>>
>>333845015

I never even understood what the sacred realm was meant to be.
In the OoT ending it's just a big white space.
>>
>>333845085
the only explanation is that the sacred realm was turned into the dark world through Ganon's one wish, which is just fucking stupid considering all the amazing things you can do with a single wish (as we see Link do at the end of almost all the games).
He's not stupid, and could have easily wished for everyone that opposed him to fuck off.
>>
In ALTTP, The speech from the maiden in skull woods acknowledges the possibility if a hero fails, making the OoT link death canon for that timeline

>Do you know the prophecy of
the Great Cataclysm?
This is the way I heard it...

If a person who has an evil
heart gets the Triforce, a Hero
is destined to appear...

...and he alone must face the
person who began the Great
Cataclysm.

If the evil one destroys the
Hero, nothing can save the
world from his wicked reign.

Only a person of the Knights Of
Hyrule, who protected the
royalty of Hylia, can become

the Hero... You are of their
blood-line, aren't you? Then
you must rescue

Zelda without fail.
>>
>>333845015
>the Sacred Realm is now just a strange copy of Hyrule
Because Ganon took the completed Triforce and it warped to reflect his heart. They explain that in-game.
>how the sages somehow moved to the opposite world and had descendants (even though they were never released from their sage cage things)
The Seven Sages sealed Ganon away after Link died in OoT, then went on to have children. The maidens you're rescuing in aLttP are explicitly said to be the -descendants- of the Sages.
>why the Hero of Time or Zelda's bloodline or spiritual line would continue, considering the triforce is inside a giant pig man.
Because the reincarnations aren't bound to the Triforce. Hylia will always reincarnate as Zelda within the royal bloodline, and the Hero Spirit is a separate entity that reincarnates as random people when it's time for a hero to show up.
>considering LTTP says "the king sent seven wise men (sages) to seal the gate", it's fucking obscure that another 7 sages appeared out of the blue, when ganon was already in the dark world fucking shit up.
Those were the maidens, who were just blood related to the Sages. They weren't new Sages, but they were still important because of who they were and Ganon needed to take care of them.
>>
The hero is defeated timeline is not canon
>>
>>333847020
because you say so?
>>
>>333828191
It's a copout that doesn't make sense. You could apply this to any game or movie. What if batman didn't beat superman? What if harry died instead of killing voldemort? It doesn't matter because that's not what happened. Same with OoT. He either beats ganon or he doesn't. It's fucking dumb, let alone a paradoxical timeloop if he wins.
>>
>>333847398
Just because it's dumb, doesn't make it not canon.
>>
>>333828191
Shit is not canon. Nintendo did it to shut the faggots up. Every game is not conected.
>>
>>333829640
>who is linkle
>>
>>333828191
The best thing about the time line is that now you can make a 'hero is defeated' line after every game.
>>
>>333830040
The really crazy thing about this is that Minish Cap and Skyward Sword had the exact same director, who probably should have known better.
>>
>>333850954
Wouldn't really work though because Ocarina is basically the nexus of all timelines. It's basically 1985 from back to the future.
>>
>>333847398
>It doesn't matter because that's not what happened.
Well, apparently, that is what happened in the failure timeline.
>>
So Im playing TP HD for the first time:

ant gets power form Ganon and turns the twilight realm people into monsters. But why is Midna completely remorseless about Link killing them to open up a portal? Even more so, I get she's mad at Zant for usurping power and going full hitler on her realm, but why doesnt she want to fight against the light world for what the Goddesses did to them?
>>
>>333851237
She's probably remorseless because those monsters are either basically the equivalent of feral monsters in her world or she doesn't care much for those who would follow Zant after her usurped her. Plus fighting the light world wouldn't really do much against the goddesses.
>>
>>333851437

but they only became feral or followed him because he forced them into their shadow beast forms
>>
>>333851237
Your first point, those people are already dead. They cannot be saved.

The second point is because their ancestors brought that shit on themselves and fighting the Light World now would be of absolutely no benefit to anyone. Midna actually LIKES living in the Twilight Realm.
>>
Oracle of Seasons / Ages, Four Swords, Four Swords Adventure, Minish Cap and Tri Force Heroes should have been in there own timeline or just left off entirely. Those games make the timeline we currently have far more convoluted then necessary and don't even fit in properly without having to retcon them in.
>>
>>333851534
And after it's been proven the process can be reversed she has no qualms with Link slaughtering her brainwashed people.
>>
File: 1432877562985.png (29 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1432877562985.png
29 KB, 633x758
>Skyward sword negates Ezlo creating Link's hat

ITS NOT FAIR
>>
>>333851661
The process could only be reversed on those Twili who were half-transformed. Midna specifically states that "it's not too late for them."
After a certain point, they're gone.
>>
File: atl.jpg (2 MB, 1124x1927) Image search: [Google]
atl.jpg
2 MB, 1124x1927
Who gives a fuck?

Japan isn't out to make things consistant in their stories, they do it because it's fun.

Refer to these timelines if you think Zelda's doesn't make sense:
>Shin Megami Tensei
>Fire Emblem
>Kamen Rider
>>
>>333828191
There's already a timeline available to fill the slot of the "defeated" timeline. There's only one Link.

>timeline 1
Second child timeline Link is sent back to by Zelda in which he is sent back further and has all the experience of the adult era in OoT, leads to majoras mask
>timeline 2
Link is sent back in time, leaving the timeline with no hero, leading to the Wind Wakee
>timeline 3
Original child timeline which still exists, from which Link doesnt return due to the ending of OoT, leads to an all out war with no hero in which Ganondorf is sealed
>>
ok and secondly, Twilight Princess has to come after OoT, because we see the sacred grove and the lost woods and everything. But the sages had already learned they cant just seal away Ganon in some realm and leave him there, because he'll regain his power and come back. Yet they stab him with the light sword and it doesnt do shit, so they open a portal to the twilight realm and shut him in there, presumably as he was returning to full power because he broke the chains and killed a sage

Why did they make the same mistake over again?
>>
>>333852156
Because there was only one way in and out of the twilight realm so they thought they could trap him there permanently unlike in the sacred realm.
>>
>>333852156
Twilight Princess doesn't happen in the same timeline where Ganondorf was sealed at the end of OoT. It takes place in the timeline where Link was sent back and got Ganondorf arrested before he could get the Triforce.
It's two entirely different sets of sages sealing two different Ganondorfs in two different realms.
>>
>>333851862
>Kamen Rider
What a mess that is with all the split timelines that happen.
>>
>>333852156
They hadn't tried sealing him before. Because of Link's time travel, Ganon is arrested before he tries anything. But because the Triforce transcends time and space, Ganon is still given Power because of the split in the future. They can't kill him, panic, and throw him in the Twilight Realm.
Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.