[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy shit /v/, why didn't you tell me this was better than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: header.jpg (43 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
43 KB, 460x215
Holy shit /v/, why didn't you tell me this was better than Dark Souls?
>>
>>333825884
I've been saying it in every Souls thread I see.
>>
>>333825884
you are not allowed to talk about the slav cyber magic on /v/
>>
File: fuck consolewars.png (559 KB, 1111x597) Image search: [Google]
fuck consolewars.png
559 KB, 1111x597
>>333825932
>Sonygger pic
>Dark Souls
>multiplat
>Lords of the Fallen is available on PS4

Are you retards too lazy to shitpost properly?
>>
>>333826128
I'm confused as fuck. Is this some light bait/bad sarcasm or just a really retarded opinion?
>>
>>333826307
Fuck off fromdrone
>>
>>333826307
Both.
>>
>>333825884
It's crap.
>>
File: ddd.png (302 KB, 755x590) Image search: [Google]
ddd.png
302 KB, 755x590
>>333826430
>>333826547
I'm not even mad, I really enjoyed Lords of the Fallen. It's definitely better than Dark Souls 2 and Demon's Souls.

I'm talking about
>Westernized/European aesthetic and ideals.
Pic related, faggot.
>character that's actually voiced.
Who the fuck cares? Literally Todd tier thinking, I don't care if my character has a voice.
>Dynamically placed, ambient music cues
Just like Souls
>REALISTIC fighting.
Who the fuck cares about realism in games? Armor in LotF looks really retarded and unrealistic but it doesn't make the game bad, you retards
>Stops at NG++.
How is this a good thing? What the fuck?
>Metroid/Castlevania style exploration.
Like Souls.
>Crafting
Not every game needs muh crafting to be good, fuck off to your early access survival games
>>
>>333827079
you could have at least picked better armour to show off the japanese style remtard.
>>
>>333827079
>better than Demon's Souls
kill yourself tard
>>
>>333827724
Are you literally fucking retarded?

I wanted to show you that BB sets don't look japanese at all and LotF are nowhere close to European armor, fag.

Bloodborne has some shit from victorian england while Lords has generic Diablo fantasy style.

And both are fucking okay.
>>
>>333825884
>you will be daily reminded hat you actually bought this piece of unbelievable crap
Thanks faggotron
>>
File: 1440652271721.jpg (53 KB, 363x494) Image search: [Google]
1440652271721.jpg
53 KB, 363x494
>>333825884
>can't play as a cute girl
not interested
>>
File: 1056.gif (772 KB, 250x200) Image search: [Google]
1056.gif
772 KB, 250x200
>>333827892
I roughly skimmed your post so my bad. I actually agree with you now that i've read it.
>>
>>333825884
10/10 epin troll xD
post more memes, we love memes
>>
I actually didn't pick this up cause i heard it was shit from a few reviewers and mostly from you, /v/. I'm a prime example of why you should't listen to anyone on this site.
>>
>>333826128
I just finished my NG++ of LotF, and I did really enjoy it, but your list is flawed.
>A FULLY REALIZED, immersive story with a set character that's actually voiced
What? The game has almost no backstory, no character development and always boils down to just kill everything. There are literally no choices in the game that sincerely affect the ending or story, it's very very linear.
>Much harder, REALISTIC fighting.
Making your stamina drain faster doesn't make it more realistic. Realistic how exactly? At the end of the first game, Rogues couldn't even damage me in full armour, then in the second game, with massive heavy plate, these guys punching me in the chest took off 30% of my health. How is that realistic.
>Metroid/Castlevania style exploration
THERE ARE LITERALLY ONLY LIKE 6 WALLS IN THE GAME YOU CAN BREAK.
>Crafting
Umm, okay the "crafting" is for runes of which only 1 is actually useful. There are only 5 different styles of rune, of which only 1 type (flawless) is even worth slotting and then it's only luck. Getting them is a crapshoot unless you just spam max experience at them and even then you just only need 1 flawless luck for your sword.
>No retarded marathon runs to get back to a boss
>Boss weapon drops are dependent on how you battle/kill a boss, making strategy VERY rewarding
okay so every boss drop has 2 variants, none of which are actually really that worth it, and "strategy" and "how you kill them" aren't exactly true. It ranges from "don't get hit" to "kill the lighting boss with lightning damage". Lots of strategy...
>A much MORE rewarding Level-up system that emphasizes risk versus playing it safe.
This was fun in NG and NG+ sure. The problem is the amount of EXP you need when you get to post 100 is so ridiculously high that you're looking at hours of grinding to get needed points because if you dont get to 150+, good fucking luck on the last boss. Who is so broke by the way, I think it may actually be worse than Bound By Flame
>>
>>333825884
Because it isn't.
Incredibly short, the combat is clunky as fuck, no builds, very few hidden areas (outside those special areas accessible through portals) and boring bosses (except for the final boss) and no online co-op (or any kind of online). I enjoyed playing it, but never bothered with it after finishing it.

On the other hand I'm cautiously optimist about the sequel.
>>
Lords of the Fallen was ok but doesn't hold a candle to even Dark Souls 2.
>>
>>333828670
you didn't do shit with you explanation, you just shitposted. in all honesty it intrigued me to try the game even more because none of the vidyafags shitposting here could make a decent argument against it.
>>
>>333825884
Wasn't a fan. I don't see the appeal. Wasnt having fun I just wanted to see what was gonna happen next so I kept going. Eventually stopped after second boss.
>>
>>333825884

Fromdrones are fucking mad about that games because its actually hard unlike Souls.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.