[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else cried like a little bitch at the end? Also Takasugi best pal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9
File: yakuza5boxart.jpg (282 KB, 909x1187) Image search: [Google]
yakuza5boxart.jpg
282 KB, 909x1187
Who else cried like a little bitch at the end?
Also Takasugi best pal
>>
File: carrot top is unimpressed.png (338 KB, 638x334) Image search: [Google]
carrot top is unimpressed.png
338 KB, 638x334
What made me shed a manly tear was Kiryu's whole chapter.

Leaving the orphanage just so his daughter could pursue her YUME and him being depressed as fuck.

And the part where Kiryus boss mentions kiryu got beat up by some thugs. That was a GOD moment.
>>
>>333818987
Shinada's final scene was perfect.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (89 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
89 KB, 1280x720
Yakuzas 3 translation was fantastic.

Why didnt the other ones have subtitles for the kareokes songs.
>>
So are they localizing Kiwami?
>>
>>333818987
I didn't because they revealed Yakuza 6 the week before I beat it so I know he's fucking alive.
>>
>>333822673
Nah.

But Kiwami is easy to play if you have played the PS2 ver.

Though it is Yakuza + Zero's combat.
>>
>>333822070
Would you exchange karaoke subs for restored cut quests?
>>
>>333822886
I suppose I can deal with it since I've played the original and have been studying Japanese for two years

Oh well, at least we're getting Zero.
>>
>>333818987
Is Yakuza 5 any more realistic than Yakuza 2? IT was the only one I played but I could not take the storyline seriously with it's many unrealistic anime-esque cliches, like a fucking castle popping out the ground or a massive underground city or that dude beating up 100 guys, etc.
>>
File: kazzy.jpg (18 KB, 237x300) Image search: [Google]
kazzy.jpg
18 KB, 237x300
>>333823151
Is this bait
>>
>>333823268
No, I remember Yakuza being touted as Japan's GTA crime thriller and so I expected it to be grounded.
>>
>that car shooting section in Kiwami on Ex Hard

Damn, I just can't git gud at this. The worst part is dying here means having to redo the entire Chinese restaurant and the Lau Ka Long boss fight again. This part makes the Dead Souls apc sequence seem reasonable by comparison, at least you could cheese that one by stacking defense increasing items.
>>
>>333823151
I think you just don't like Yakuza story in general
Every entry have several over-the-top scenario developement and twist plots - even though Y3 takes the crown with its CIA and political shenanigans
Y2 is kind of mild compared to the others' storyline but the ending is batshit crazy
Ironically I personnally think Y5 is much more prosaic than let's say Y4 since it goes back to a much more yakuza-centered intrigue
>>
>>333823381
You got tricked by shitty marketing.
>>
File: kaz'.png (930 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
kaz'.png
930 KB, 1280x720
>>333822920
...yes

I however am still annoyed there aint any subs.

Id like to know what BAKAMITAI is saying.
>>
File: retard 2 the sequel.png (213 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
retard 2 the sequel.png
213 KB, 500x313
>>333823545
Yakuza 2 had Korean double katsuki

I swear to god only BRAKU MONDAY tops it.
>>
>>333823381

You're not claiming that GTA is, in any way, grounded. The one that came closest to that was GTA IV and that one was still incredibly silly.
>>
>>333822756
Same but the final cutscene before the credits got me when it cut on Haruka running
>>
>>333823623
>...yes
Great. Because this shit is hardcoded and I've no idea how to add it in jap version.
>>
>>333823545
Guess I'm not going to pick up Yakuza 5 any time soon.

>>333823725
There is some level of realism, at least in the way the characters react and are presented.

I mean, it's weird how honorable the yakuza are made out to be and how evil the korean gangs are.
>>
File: host-club-2.jpg (85 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
host-club-2.jpg
85 KB, 750x500
>>333823683
But hosts really do all look the same.
>>
>>333824169
>There is some level of realism, at least in the way the characters react and are presented.

Well, I wouldn't exactly say that, say, Trevor Phillipps is much more realistic than Kazuma Kiryu. But I know what you mean. Unlike GTA Yakuza has all those wacky characters and over the top stories and still tries to take itself seriously.
>>
>>333824639
>Unlike GTA Yakuza has all those wacky characters and over the top stories and still tries to take itself seriously.

Pretty much.
>>
>>333818987
I cried during the scene after the fatal 4 way because I didn't know whether to be happy or sad. Kiryu asked why does someone always have to get hurt when he's involved, but right before that he told the villain to stay put since he was coming over to the other roof to kick his ass.
>>
>>333824169
In a way, the Koreans were presented as honorable too since they were just trying to avenge their comrades. In the same vein, all the flashback scenes in 2 presented the Tojo(except Kazama) as ruthless, especially Shimano
>>
Anyone else here dislike the multiple playable characters? I think it's nice, but there's just too many of them and the story feels really unfocused at times and some characters just feel like they're there for the sake of being there. Zero was fine with two characters with multiple styles.
>>
>>333827239
I don't dislike it but I do agree that Zero did it way better. The feeling of your level progression not going to waste is present there cause you switch characters every 2 chapters
>>
>>333827239
I didn't mind them but Haruka's section began to drag and her whole plotline felt a bit shoehorned.

I would have been happier with just Kiryu, Akiyama and Taiga.
>>
File: m7mo9wI3221qa6ecl.jpg (73 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
m7mo9wI3221qa6ecl.jpg
73 KB, 480x270
I feel that the death of Park was wasted.
Katsuya could have been cool no-nonsense yakuza type of villain, but it was all a big misunderstanding in the end and he was actually a good guy. Meh.
>>
>>333824169
> it's weird how honorable the yakuza are made out to be and how evil the korean gangs are.
most of the yakuza in these games are made out to be incompetent shitheads though
it's a plot point in later games even, Daigo has no idea what to do with his ever-expanding clan of dumb two-bit thugs
>>
>>333828075

Daigo won't let Kiryu relax in peace. basically every game after 2 sets into motion because the Tojo Clan and/or Daigo fucked everything up because they're retards
>>
>>333824169
>>333828075
I can't tell how much stock this belief in "honorable yakuza" has anymore. I mean, no shit it's generally just your standard big crime racket, but then you have stuff like this
>“If the Yamaguchi-gumi were to disband, public order would probably worsen,” he told the Sankei newspaper. “I know it may be hard to believe, but I am protecting Yamaguchi-gumi in order to lose the violent groups.”
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/07/japan-yamaguchi-gumi-yakuza-split-fear-gang-war

>>333822756
Even without that hindsight it would've been more reasonable to assume that he survived anyway. Kiryu made it back to a town area (it wasn't in the middle of nowhere like everyone was saying it was, you could the houses and buildings around him) and Haruka was there to call for help
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.