[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bravely Second or Bravely Default?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: bravely_second_end_layers.jpg (45 KB, 320x293) Image search: [Google]
bravely_second_end_layers.jpg
45 KB, 320x293
Bravely Second or Bravely Default?
>>
>>333816463
Neither. They both suck.
>>
>>333817594
Which sucks the least though?
>>
>>333816463
I'm having a good time with Bravely Second after finishing Bravely Default. Just got the ranger asterisk.
>>
bravely censored
>>
>>333817645
Are you one of those people who play sequels without playing the first one? The fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>333816463
Bravely default is the better game in my opinion.

It has balance issues but when hasnt a game with this kind of customisation never had OP setups and the class level = stats is pretty bad.

But overall the story is far better and the sidequests too.
>>
>>333817732
I did not say that. I am simply asking a question sir. Maybe I've played both already.
I just want to know what people think.
>>
>>333817645
Wait a second I recognize this entire situation. OP have you been creating these threads over and over again?
>>
>>333817912
No, this is my first thread all night. And the first I've ever asked.
Why do you ask?
>>
I enjoyed the first game more, BS was pretty much a re release with a bad story, worse characters and less charm though.
>>
>>333816463
Bravely Default is an excellent game.
Bravely Second is garbage especially for "choices" to get some jobs...
>>
>>333817683
I just beat Default and noticed Second is coming out in a few days, did they completely fuck up the localization or is it just covering up boobies?
>>
>>333816463
Second, has a more interesting story than just awakening four crystals and than get betrayed by the fairy.
>>
>>333820425
more like covering belly and thigh
>>
>>333820425
There were a few issues with scripts, decision choices and other things.
Some critics complained the dialogue broke the immersion.
I would honestly just tell you to wait for a price drop.
>>
>>333822104
This was a JP issue where a bunch of the lines in the first three chapters referenced Japanese internet memes.

The localised script has cut these for the most part, bar inserting a Star Wars joke in the prologue, but this alone can't really save the script. The constant discussions of food are also still in place.
>>
>>333822256
>The constant discussions of food are also still in place
Is that what the gravy thing was all about? God I hated those lines.
>>
>>333822104
the only part that breaks immersion is when the characters talk directly to the player, but than again it makes sense in the games story so it's a really unique way to break the 4th wall and doesn't really break immersion.
Can't think about any bad dialogue in the game.
>>
>>333822303
The gravy thing is an attempt to give Yew a catchphrase, as his JP one (ganbarevenji, or "let's do our best for revenge!") no doubt didn't translate well.

The food talk really shines in the tent events and how much mileage they manage to get out of those eating animations.
>>
>>333822303
no, if I remember correctly the coup de gravy thing is a reference to Magnolia speaking english in the japanese version instead of french.
She would always say gravy instead of bravely.
>>
>>333822509
>let's do our best for revenge!
I would take this over
>This is our coup de gravy
anyday.
>>
>>333822602
Wait, so the translated the punchline to a joke that didn't get carried over?
What were they thinking!
>>
>>333820425
well the american artbook was physically censored for depictions of violence
>>
>>333816463
>Bravely Second
>Second
>#2
>Shit
It's shit.
>>
File: 280399-Bravely-Second-JFPV.jpg (60 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
280399-Bravely-Second-JFPV.jpg
60 KB, 400x240
>>333822620
I liked it
>>
>>333816463
i-is that the real cover art?
How aren't people losing their fucking minds over this?
>>
>>333823684
don't worry anon, they changed the cover art for the NA version
>>
>>333824009
How the fuck is this allowed?
Also how the fuck does that top work? Look at that cleave line. Is it pinned into her skin?
>>
>>333824009
The one with Tiz is the JP cover as well, only Euros get Magnolia's thighs.

Speaking of which, why the fuck is Tiz even on the cover when he doesn't do anything?
>>
>>333816463
I just want that art book. The first game burned me out to the point were I don't want to play the sequel
>>
>>333824456
it's probably supposed to show Altair possessing Tiz
>>
Default has better atmosphere

Second has better gameplay
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.