[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thief
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: 1454196281196.jpg (103 KB, 824x494) Image search: [Google]
1454196281196.jpg
103 KB, 824x494
Which one's better?

Also, why is Precious Cargo so underrated?
>>
>>333815891

I started playing Thief 3 the other day for the first time too, I really like the lighting engine and how guards carry around candles. The Saint Edgar's Eve mission was great too.

I'm not that far into it but why is 3 hated? Or is it liked, just not as much as 1 and 2? Though I am playing with Thief 3 Gold mod and minmalist project so maybe that's why the game feels good to me.
>>
>>333816865

Just not as much, as far as I can tell. I also like 3, it just lacks some of the features of the older ones so in some ways it's a step backwards.
>>
>>333816865
Those mods do fix a lot of the things people hate about it. At this point, taking mods into account and having seen how bad things can get with Thi4f, more people seem to have warmed up to it (I still haven't played it).
>>
File: CCEjCwy[1].jpg (664 KB, 1920x960) Image search: [Google]
CCEjCwy[1].jpg
664 KB, 1920x960
Some guys are making a 10 mission campaign, which I think might be the biggest since T2x.
http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146501&p=2315674
>>
>>333816965
>>333817001

Well that's good. I wasn't sure if people considered Thief 3 to be like DX Invisible War since it was same devs and engine. I am really enjoying it so far and the only steps backwards are no swimmable water and level design is smaller and less complex in general, but it's still decent to good tier.

There are no rope arrows to but I bought climbing gloves from some Fence and now I can scale walls. I really, really like the advancements in lighting though, I wish 1 and 2 had full dynamic lighting like that and guards carried around portable lights.

Also lots of little details, you can shoot moss arrows at people's faces and it prevents them from calling for help, you can also shoot water arrows at moss arrows causing them to grow. I like the new oil slicks too, so satisfying watching guys slip on them then knock themselves out falling down stairs.
>>
>>333817081

It amazes me that the Thief community is still this active 18 years after the game came out. For a single player game at that, and one with an editor as hard to use as Dromed.

>tfw spent a few hours trying to use Dromed the other day
>>
>>333817581
I've been messing with it lately but it can be tough. I want to make an underground map similar to the outpost in Arx Fatalis.
>>
File: 1431889145559.jpg (844 KB, 1892x1419) Image search: [Google]
1431889145559.jpg
844 KB, 1892x1419
>>
File: CaEzbmvWYAM98NQ.jpg large.jpg (69 KB, 555x605) Image search: [Google]
CaEzbmvWYAM98NQ.jpg large.jpg
69 KB, 555x605
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_043YIsfXmc
>>
>>333817581
>>333817987
didn't some french guy get the Thief source code compiling and made a better version of Dromed?
>>
>>333820802
It was an update to the whole dark engine and I think that included some improvements for dromed but it's still not very user friendly.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.