[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recently finished Bayonetta 1 and 2 and I really liked Metal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
Recently finished Bayonetta 1 and 2 and I really liked Metal Gear Rising, what game would you recommend? Considering trying the Devil May Cry series but don't know where to start.
>>
You can start in release order or go right into 3.

Ninja Gaiden and God Hand are also very good games.
>>
File: 1401770300940.jpg (4 KB, 125x120) Image search: [Google]
1401770300940.jpg
4 KB, 125x120
>>333811805

Play DMC1 first OP, it's the most basic in the series and a good place to start.
The difficulty will prime your asshole for DMC3.
>>
>>333811805
The original DMC is arguably still the best game in the series. There isn't really any reason not to start with it.

You might also look into Shinobi (PS2).
>>
Killer is dead
>>
>>333813859
>The original DMC is arguably still the best game in the series.
whatthefuckamireading.png

DMC1 is clumsy as hell. DMC3 and DMC4 are vastly superior. If you want dark, horror aesthetic then play Resident Evil. Literally DMC1 was amazing until better games came out. Then it's fucking shit.
>>
>>333811805
The Wonderful 101
Devil May Cry 3 and 4, 1 as well but it's dated and not as cuhrayzee as the rest of these games
Ninja Gaiden Black and NG2. NG3: Razor's Edge too but it's not that good
Anarchy Reigns
Viewtiful Joe
>>
>>333811805
Feel free to skip DMC2. DmC is genuinely better than this one.
>>
Play God Hand and realize why its so loved on this board, or was. Doesn't seem to get that much discussion anymore.
>>
>>333814781
'cause there's not much more to talk about. it's fucking awesome, but everyone's played it. or most of everyone, i suppose. play god hand op
>>
>>333814206
>Then it's fucking shit.
It's still amazing, but simpler than latest releases. Atmosphere is top-notch.
>>
>>333814206
DMC1 is the only game in the series with enemies that take actual brainpower to defeat. But you can't circlejerk over SSStylish combo mods on /cgg/, so I guess it's shit.
>>
Definitely Wonderful 101.
>>
>>333815130
>DMC1 is the only game in the series with enemies that take actual brainpower to defeat.
Not really. It's just slower. I had less trouble with it than with 3 or 4.
>>
File: 1459228643408.gif (986 KB, 684x387) Image search: [Google]
1459228643408.gif
986 KB, 684x387
DMC 1, 3, 4SE
Godhand
Viewtiful Joe
Vanquish
Wonderful 101
Anarchy Reigns
Ninja Gaiden Black, 2
No More Heroes 1

Optional
Okami (more Zelda-ish but made by Clover/Platinum)
Killer is Dead
No More Heroes 2
Lollipop Chainsaw
El Shaddai
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.