[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't they make qames like this anymore?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1459408523565[1].jpg (1 MB, 1000x1410) Image search: [Google]
1459408523565[1].jpg
1 MB, 1000x1410
Why don't they make qames like this anymore?
>>
What do you mean by that? Survival horror games? Games with pre-rendered backgrounds and fixed camera angles?
>>
>>333811239
surbibal hoblors with a focus on exploration and puzzle solving, backtracking, conserving ammo, conserving saves, etc. Not like modern horror games which are basically just jump scares and gorey monsters with a buttload of shooting
>>
>>333811239
This.

Either way, nether of those things sell anymore. Unfortunately.

Though there did seem to be a mini-revival last year, between The Evil Within, Alien: Isolation, and Fatal Frame V, which were at least partial attempts at making that sort of game again.
>>
>>333811456
Oh, that's simple. It's a slow paced game design that encourages thinking, and disempowers the player rather than letting them be "badass" without having to work for it.

The normie-gamer crowd could handle that in the nineties, but it's the current year. You can't sell this stuff to the modern gamer. Fuck, Alien: Isolation got lambasted in some reviews because it had save points instead of auto-checkpoints.
>>
>>333811152
Because it's not suited for the modern audience anymore. The oldfags who grew up with these games will keep crying but Capcom won't give a fuck. The new games pander to a bigger group of players which means more $$$.
>>
>>333812169
I'm not so sure Capcom will stay that course. Is a forgettable series of shooters like RE6 that fail to meet sales targets worth the absolutely massive AAA budget that you'd expect from a game that sells twice as much?
>>
>>333811152
anyone have news on RE2 Remake?
>>
>>333812696
It's in development.
>>
I see the occasional game like NightCry and Forgotten Memories that seems like a return to classic survival horror form. The Dementium games on DS from a few years back were also pretty solid. Not quite the same as classic RE, but it'll scratch the horror itch in a pinch if you don't mind handhelds.
>>
>>333813150
Yeah, but people want AAA. AAA games used to be allowed to be good. And the indie games we do get tend to be highly derivative.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.