[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was every death in the game deserved?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: capra.jpg (42 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
capra.jpg
42 KB, 600x338
Was every death in the game deserved?
>>
Nobody really deserves anything for nothing. What you accomplish is all that you deserve.
>>
In what way? As in were any deaths cheap and something you couldn't avoid? A majority of obstacles and traps are pretty fair. Capra is iffy because of the shit camera and how most bosses give you a second before tearing into you. Bed of Chaos is also problematic since you can be running and drop right through the floor, which is a bit cheap. Other than that there are a few traps and enemies in the game the even with careful observation would catch a player off guard.

Most deaths are fair though. I could probably count on one hand how many times I died where I actively felt that I had no way of knowing a way to avoid the death.
>>
>>333806341
The first time I died to Bed of Chaos wasn't. The floor just caved in under my feet. NOTHING I COULD DO.
>>
File: #resistcapitalism.jpg (18 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
#resistcapitalism.jpg
18 KB, 400x400
>tfw getting stuck in the cave pathway to blighttown and get fucked by the caveman
This was probably just a bug overlooked but it pisses me off
>>
>>333806817
woooooooooowww.
>>
>>333806817
The game forces you to go slow to win at the game, but it's hard not to panic at that boss. never got use to the attack patterns to roll away so I just poise the fuck up and shield the fuck up. probably taking the easy way out but fuck you I hate that boss.
>>
I think it's amazing how I have to think really hard to remember even a few "bullshit" deaths in the first game and how I can't even count how many of these I've had in the second game.
>>
>>333807563
I did not panic, I just haven't noticed that the glowing balls are its blind spot. So I hurried to the second one, because I thought it's gonna squash me if I stay there for too long.
>>
>>333806341
Fun fact: capra never killed me, not even on my first playthrough. Hate to be that guy, but I honestly never stood why everybody cried so much about this boss.
>>
>>333806817
When I reached Bed of Chaos I said fuck that noise. I knew there would probably be some gimmicky way of beating him so I said fuck it and just youtube'd it. That's the only boss in the game where I did that.
>>
>>333808225
Dexfags with no poise got easily stunlocked by the dogs.
>>
>>333807705
>I did not panic
>I just rushed so much that I didn't look at anything and assumed I was right
Don't think you know what the word "panic" means, friendo.
>>
>>333810881
>being in a hurry equals panic
I'm afraid you're just projecting, anon.
>>
>>333806817
Bed of Chaos tops the list of worst designed bosses.
>>
>>333806341
the deaths don't matter because there are checkpoints everywhere. unless you are specifically going for a timed and/or nodeath run as your goal, it's just a game, brah.
>>
>>333812262

I agree with this.
>>
>>333806341
I guess the first battle with Seath even though you there is the elevator jump but not many people wouldn't think to do that
>>
I think the DLC bosses, like Manus in particular are pretty geared against the player rolling through attacks, don't get me wrong, its not a cheap death, it was a one on one battle that ended up being fair, but it just seems as though his hitboxes are absurdly wide, to the point of almost pixel perfection
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.