[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does no one talk about this game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: Warioworld.jpg (14 KB, 190x266) Image search: [Google]
Warioworld.jpg
14 KB, 190x266
Why does no one talk about this game
>>
Not much to talk about. It's a good game, but way too short. A sequel that expands on all the things it did would be really nice but Wario hasn't been allowed to do much these days.
>>
Because if it's not shitty, we don't start threads about it
Just a general trend I've seen lurking
>>
>>333805824

Because it kinda sucked.

I rented it as a kid and I thought I remembered it being decent. Fired it up on an emulator the other day and was disgusted at my tolerance for shit as a youngen.
>>
>>333805926
>Treasure
>making a sequel

wew
>>
>>333805824
because it was good, therefore there's nothing to shitpost about.

The thread would just be everyone agreeing it was pretty good and it'd die in no time.
>>
>>333806007
Treasure games are meant to be short and replayable with simple gameplay mechanics.

If you hate Wario World then dont play Mischief Makers or Gunstar Heroes.
>>
>>333805824
Its great. I loved the art style and it was a really well made game. It wasnt too repetitive even though you just collected treasure in every level and the gameplay was seamless.
>>
>>333806039
Next Level Games should have been making it
>>
File: SinPunishmentStarSuccessorBox.jpg (115 KB, 250x351) Image search: [Google]
SinPunishmentStarSuccessorBox.jpg
115 KB, 250x351
>>333806039
They've made sequels before, though. They even made one while working with Nintendo. Not sure if they're really up to it or if they've been doing much of anything recently, though.

I don't really know who else would be up for it, though. Platinum could put together some nice beat-em-up mechanics. NLG could probably capture the spirit of Wario pretty well.
>>
>>333806636
Sin & Punishment 3 fucking when?
>>
>>333805824
One of my favourite games back in the day. Loved it.
>>
>>333806636
They're doing Geist Crush over in Japan. God, I'd love for them to do a Wario World 2.
>>
I will never understand Treasure's boner for boss battles. Even in Wario World they were chock full of them.
>Minibosses in the levels
>Bosses at the end of the levels
>Bosses at the end of the worlds
>>
>>333809878
Probably because they're awesome as hell.

Not really sure if the boss fights in Wario World really lived up to the craziness of games like Gunstar Heroes or Alien Soldier, but the abundance is admirable anyhow. Just a shame the American version was unfinished and the last boss was completely missing it's true final phase.

https://youtu.be/Q2QL_tMPPrU
>>
>>333809546
Sorry, "Gaist Crusher."
>>
>>333805824
Like 3/4 of GC's exclusives, it's rushed, unpolished and short.
I remember people praising it more for the WarioWare demo than anything else back in the days.
Honestly, the only thing that saved the game for me were the boss battles and the wrestling moveset of Wario, which will hopefully make a comeback.
>>
>>333810974
What's the difference between that and the American one?
>>
I remember thinking this game was so cool as a kid. You get to piledrive anything and everything. Every boss, every enemy. Giant Boss Lizard that's ten times your size? SPD it.
>>
Playing as Wario is just fun, he's like a more brutal Mario. Shame that Wario Land games don't get made anymore.
>>
>>333809878
Gotta test your vidya skill.
>>
>>333812970
>Shame that Wario Land games don't get made anymore.
We got one last gen, come the fuck on.
>>
> it's rushed, unpolished and short

that honestly just sounds like Treasure half the time. Mischief Makers is a beautiful disaster for example. The game was rushed as shit. Its pretty unpolished, it has bugs, you can abuse the movement pretty bad. The level design is pretty fucking bad some times... but its a really good game at the same time.
>>
File: image.jpg (205 KB, 473x401) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
205 KB, 473x401
>>333813112
That was eight years ago
>>
>>333813569
That's a completely different matter from "hurr they don't make WL games anymore". Try to count how many years passed between Mother 2 and 3. Or between Kid Icarus abd KI:U.
>>
File: sCK2S[1].png (71 KB, 263x246) Image search: [Google]
sCK2S[1].png
71 KB, 263x246
>They make a new platformer game centered around coins
>Power-ups that make shit into coins
>Sometimes everything is fucking gold
>It's a New Super Mario Bros game
>>
>>333812079

The American version is much easier and lacks the fist-on-fist action in the last part, IIRC.
>>
File: Frustration.jpg (32 KB, 90x82) Image search: [Google]
Frustration.jpg
32 KB, 90x82
>>333814083
>Not even a fucking cameo

You damn right I'm mad.

The only time Wario's ever been relevant in a main Mario game was the fucking 64 remake.
>>
>>333813258

Honest question, why DOES Treasure rush their games so much? Are they given deadlines to them and they do far much work than what the actual timeline actually allows? Are they in the same boat as Game Freak where they're really just not that good at programming? Or is it more of a case of them not knowing what to do in certain projects and most times, being mostly ideas thrown about that, while good in concept, they just never had the time to polish them?
>>
>>333805824
It was a somewhat decent and unpopular treasure-hunting/action/platformer. What honestly is there to talk about?
>>
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.