[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does she fair with Shiek, ZZS, and Cloud, and Rosalina tier-wise
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_20160131_101115.jpg (143 KB, 688x387) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160131_101115.jpg
143 KB, 688x387
How does she fair with Shiek, ZZS, and Cloud, and Rosalina tier-wise as of now, /v/?
>>
She is queen
>>
She's the most controversial character in the game, agreed by nearly everyone relevant to be stronger than all of the characters you listed, while being easier to play as well.

I recommend you do your own research, the opinions you get from random shitters on /v/ mean nothing. I'll start you off with some stuff to look at.

http://smashboards.com/threads/4br-tier-list-v1-0-competitive-impressions.429826/page-255#post-21085205

This is a thread on smash boards dedicated to the people who form the Smash 4 tier lists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gilsv3c4-7I

This is the undisputed best smash 4 player's thoughts on Bayonetta.

Of course there is endlessly more shit to look at then these two things, but its a start.
>>
Remember when /v/ thought Bayonetta would be low mid tier at best while wanking off to Corrin? Good times.
>>
>>333804103
No
I dont remember that at all, the fuck are you smoking
>>
>>333804103
Yes, hilarious.
People actually said that Corrin is better
>>
>>333803928
>Stronger than Rosalina & Cloud

Yeah no
>>
>>333804170
>fuck are you smoking

Pot meet keetle, was literally a thing around here back in Feb. Anon.
>>
>>333803928
I didn't see anyone complaining that Fox was the best in melee.
>>
>>333804323
She is stronger than Cloud but probably not Rosalina
>>
>supposedly best character
>hasn't won any big events
>struggles against Rosalina
k
>>
>>333804461
>>333804323
>>333803631
>Rosalina normally placed in A tier by competitive lists
>never gets nerfs because she doesn't need them
>shitters on /v/ endlessly swear she's the best in the game
Yeah, Just like Little Mac, right guys? You people are so garbage at Smash it's almost sad.
>>
>>333804103
>>333804281

Corrin was definitely a high tier character before the nerfs though, so it wasn't THAT insane to think.

>>333804323

Rosa is currently second best in the game just because Shiek was nerfed so heavily and ZSS was slightly nerfed, while Rosa was untouched. On what grounds do you think Cloud and Rosa are better than Bayonetta? Keep in mind Cloud's nerfs from last patch and his clear weakness in his recovery. Cloud is a great high/top tier character and is absolutely viable, but it would be difficult to argue he's better than Bayonetta.

>>333804456

To be fair that's probably because

1. Balance patches didn't exist at the time so there was literally no point in imagining that anything in melee could ever change.

2. you were not on the internet at the time.

3. Bayonetta is as controversial as she is because she is piss easy to play, random no names can pick her up and beat top tier players at national tournaments. A melee ready fox takes months/years.
>>
>>333803631
Why the fuck is her shoes guns and what Mario game is she from?
>>
>>333804659
Been out of the blue with Smash but what happened with Corrin nerf wise? Is he/she at least still viable to play?
>>
>>333804587

Please stop spreading information without doing any of your own research, I am literally posting resources in this thread so you people can be more informed.

https://www.google.com/#q=Sumabato+9+winner

She won a major. Not only that, in the 5 major smash 4 tournaments that have taken place since Bayonetta came out, she was the most common character to be featured in top 8's, this is including majors that took place shortly after the character came out. Here are the numbers.

Main:
Bayonetta: 6
Sheik: 4
Cloud: 4
Zero Suit Samus: 3
Mario: 3
Fox: 2
Toon Link: 2
Rosalina & Luma: 2
Sonic: 1
Meta Knight: 1
Mewtwo: 1
Ness: 1
Captain Falcon: 1
Diddy Kong: 1
Samus: 1
Mr. Game & Watch: 1
Wario: 1
Pit: 1
Pac-Man: 1
Donkey Kong: 1
Peach: 1

Secondary:
Cloud: 1
Bayonetta: 1
Mario: 1
Corrin: 1
Donkey Kong: 2
Lucas: 1
Meta Knight: 1
Ness: 1
Diddy Kong: 1
Sonic: 1
Luigi: 1

This is public information.
>>
>>333803928
>Bayonetta is allowed to be played when she shits on the entire game
>meanwhile I can't play my Hank Hill mii with Feint Jump and Helicopter Kick

literally why
>>
>>333804971

Patch notes are here friend

http://smashboards.com/threads/1-1-5-patch-notes.433162/

If you're just interested in Corrin though,

Uair:
Damage: 10 -> 9
KBG: 94 -> 99
Nair Early/Late Damage: 8/6.5 -> 7/5,5
Fair Damage: 8.5 -> 7.5
Dragon Fang Shot:
Fully Charged Damage: 13 -> 11
Uncharged Damage: 11 -> 9
Non-Fully Charged Damage: 4-10 -> 4-8
Counter Surge:
Damage Multiplier: x1.3 -> x1.2
Counter Active Frames: 7-29F -> 7-24F
Bugfix: Damage scales properly instead of being limited to the minimum 8% when slowed down.
Walk Speed: 1.2 -> 1.15
Run Speed: 1.5 -> 1.45
Air Speed: 1 -> .97
Front/Back Roll:
Total Frames: 29F -> 30F
Intangibility: 4-16F -> 4-14F
Item Toss Strength: 1.028 -> 1.026
Bugfix: ZSS Dragon Lunge Infinite Glitch Removed
>>
>>333805037
That should really be seriously discussed. Palutena and Miis should be allowed to use their customs.
>>
>>333803928
>Linking to ZeRo

Fuck off cuck
>>
>>333803631
Most people think she is the best chsracter. She Is going to get needed hard next Patch
>>
>>333805008
Holy shit she won a major in another country? When isn't she banned already?
>>
File: 1377872472951.png (57 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1377872472951.png
57 KB, 184x184
>>333805238
>this fat fuck thinks he's better than ScarfLard
>>
>>333805037

There is no good reason, I support the legalization of miis myself, but I don't expect it to ever happen. The only people that give a shit about miis are the mii players ourselves, everyone else just tells us to shut up and doesn't give a shit because it doesn't effect them.

Mii Brawler with size and move customization is legitimately tourney viable too.

>>333805268

I never suggested banning her and I've never seen anyone suggest banning her outside of no name youtube commentors, Bayonetta is here to stay. There is talk of her being banned in Spain and Mexico but I doubt it will actually happen, its more of just a talking point.

>>333805238

You don't have to like him, but he knows more about the game than you and I both do. I said do your own research, use google mother fucker, there are other amazing players talking about Bayonetta as well.
>>
>>333805256
How do you know for a fact that there will be a next patch?
>>
>>333805174
>>333805037
In those cases, it's not a question of balance, it's a question of logistics. It opens a pretty headache-inducing pandora's box.
Do we allow every character who plays Mii or Palutena five minutes or more to set up their character for every match? Are they allowed to switch moves and stats between matches? What about other characters' special moves?
It'll just take up a lot of time nobody has.
>>
>>333804971

I just realized I didn't actually answer your question on Corrin's viability, I just gave you the patch notes.

Yes, they are still good and still viable. Here is a video of Ryo, one of the better Corrin players fighting against a guy I've never heard of playing as Bayonetta in the grand finals of a recent tournament. He loses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9w_uHgNnms
>>
>>333803928
Did any Bayonetta player win any big tourney after the patch?
Why are people so quick to jump on the ban wagon?
>>
>>333804734
shes from hotel mario
>>
>>333803928
Hello my name is ZeRO and i'm mad that my characters aren't top tier anymore.
>>
I think should just remove the special refresh after a double jump and increase knockback on up b and side b. Also buff the distance of her jump and up b since the recovery is crap without the refresh
>>
How does Samus fare after her buffs and if she's still bad what would need to be done to make her a solid mid tier? In a perfect world all the characters would be of the same "tier", but Sakurai.
>>
>>333806628

It would be impossible to have 58 characters in the same tier even if there were balance patches for 100 years.
>>
>>333804617
Rosalina is actually broken though.
>>
>>333806762
Well how about at least making it so every character can do really well? If they're all broken nobody will be sorta thing.
>>
>>333808089
You're an idiot
>>
>>333808241
Not denying that, but could you explain why every character being good would be a bad thing? If I'm missing something, please enlighten me.
>>
>>333808491
Good and bad are entirely relative terms, based on other characters in the game.
To just boost all the character's stats and "make everyone good" in an attempt to even things out would inevitably lead to even more exploitable angles and unbreakable combos, with some characters being more blessed than others.

You want balance? That's what the dev team has been trying to do with every patch so far. You can't expect things to be perfect since there are so many variables to the game.

And yes, throwaway suggestions like "how about at least making it so every character can do really well??" come out of the mouths of idiots.
>>
>>333806628
Samus is probably already a solid mid tier in the main mode of the game, 4 player FFA.
>>
File: 1457684665914.png (75 KB, 348x301) Image search: [Google]
1457684665914.png
75 KB, 348x301
>>333803928
>taking seriously the opinion of a faggot that "happened to main "brawl meta knight, pm pit, smash 4 diddy and sheik
>>
>>333805384
He never said he was better. It's just that ZeRo whines whenever anything bad happens to him. Also he doesn't know the MU at all. You can DI out of all her combos and a few top players have shown they can
>>
>>333811970
>You can DI out of all her combos
Not entirely true.
You can DI out of zero to deaths though.
Her kill strings become reliable around 60%.
>>
>>333808089

Buddy, go look up a little thing called "Brawl Minus" and have a good night
>>
>>333804456
Because Fox is not fucking cancer to fight.
There are few things as fun as comboing Fox in Melee
>>
>>333814191
Bayonetta is fun as fuck to play.
You just have to be the one using her.
>>
File: 1460235543462.png (662 KB, 958x912) Image search: [Google]
1460235543462.png
662 KB, 958x912
>>333814572
Oh boy i'm sure only doing the same combo a few times is fun
>>
>>333803928
Why do people listen to someone who uses the word "toxic" when he actively forced a sudden death to win an invitational? This guy is as lame as it gets.

>people don't want to learn to adapt against bayonetta because most of the time they just play for fun
>otherwise they quit

So it's just an excuse for top players losing when they fuck up against a random Bayo who has absolutely no fundamentals? Fuck outta here with that shit. How you gonna talk about being carried by a character when the game is essentially an imbalanced piece of shit to begin with?

>Sheik requires massive fundamentals and knowledge of the game to play exceptionally well

Oh fuck off. Before her nerfs Sheik had a free zoning too and top notch aerials, if you weren't playing someone remotely top tier you were already at a huge disadvantage, especially considering how campy he plays when he's in the fucking lead.

The only reason why Zer0 isn't playing Bayo is because he doesn't want to look bad while still raking in the Sm4sh dough, but I guarantee you if someone else does and beats him with it you bet your ass his stance will change.
>>
>>333814920

God knows what will happen to Zer0 if a Bayo beats him.

But the shit Bayo is capable of compared to the rest of the cast is ridiculous. I think just one good swing of the nerfbat would be enough to fix things.
>>
>>333814826
>Oh boy i'm sure only doing the same combo a few times is fun
You are literally a retard.

I can link pretty much any attack off my specials.

She also has like 6 different versions of the zero to death combo.
It's fun as fuck. You can mix up your opponent so hard and you can rack up damage creatively.

Today I did Up-B to side-b to Downward After burner to up air.

Bayo is so much fun when you're creative.
>>
>>333806628

I'd argue that she's already a solid mid tier when played properly, but thats mostly because I main samus and have no problem wrecking at least half of the cast.

Nintendo needs to get its head out of its ass and just make the next smash to be the competitive 1v1 fighter everyone wants it to be. Theres a reason used copies of Melee cost $60 and Brawl costs $10.
>>
>>333815178
oh wait, you're fighting for glory scrubs who don't DI nvm
>>
>>333815365
>you're fighting for glory scrubs who don't DI nvm
I was playing friendlies at a tourney today in san diego.

It's easier to kill with bayonetta IRL because there isn't any lag. People on FG can usually airdodge out of the middle of my combo. You can't do that IRL.

You should stop assuming bullshit, I've been to many tourneys and have met many famous players.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.