[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on this game? What went right? What went wrong? And
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 10
Thoughts on this game?

What went right?

What went wrong?

And why is Ashley the best character?
>>
This post had been made yesterday but like 5 minutes later the entire site got glitched and nobody would be able to post replies on any thread.

so here goes

I liked the story and characters, most of the ideas were great on paper. Totems were pretty innovative.

>Disliked:
>The camera
>Very slow walking speed
>No sprint button
>basic QTEs
>the "dont move" feature is completely broken
>the character traits/relationship system was literally useless, it was only a scorecard, it didnt affected any of the interactions between characters
>its practically impossible to save matt on your first playthrough
>asides from killing characters, the game doesnt changes at all, it will always be the same levels and situations, just with one character less
>characters only have one deadly encounter without counting the ending one, with the exception of chris who has 2
>no episode menu until beating the game coupled with an autosave system that saves every second.

Also asides from character deaths, the game is completely linear, butterfly effects literally dont change anything aside from the fact that a guy might get killed.
>>
Did anyone else noticed how Matt was supposed to be the strongest/most physically capable character (the jock) yet he was actually the smallest and thinnest guy, while Chris who was supposed to be the nerd is the tallest one and probably the buffest?
>>
a bit shit
>>
File: ashley.jpg (58 KB, 1000x551) Image search: [Google]
ashley.jpg
58 KB, 1000x551
bumperino for ashley
>>
i wonder if they made enough sales to recoup all the hollywood talent money
>>
>>321887756

>What went right?

Great graphics and facial animations, decent plot.

>What went wrong?
It's a very linear game, choices dont really matter much, also see what I said above about good graphics? It has them but animations get so choppy at times, it looks really bad.
Also very short.

>Why is Ashley the best? Because she is probably the most human/realistic character in the game, unlike every other one who is a complete action Hank/GI Jane
>>
>>321890253

It was the most sold game for like a month and a half I think

Also asides from Sam none of the actors are that well known.
>>
>>321887756
I don't have PS4 so I binge watched 9 hours long walkthrough in one day. The player managed to have everyone survive and I personally think it was decent game. My opinion is not that valid because I didn't play it myself but it seemed enjoyable. Sometimes bit naive or too much QTEs but it was nice experience.
>>
I just played it the other day, things...did not go well

Also the shark jump spoiled the experience for me. Not that I care about it going all supernatural but I didn't feel the same tension as when it was just a killer

Positive: they went with an uncommon monster instead of cliches
Negative: seriously who the fuck cares about Canadian folk lore
>>
>>321890118
> She will never exist
It's just not fair bros
>>
>>321890859
but she actually does, she's a digital copy of an actress
>>
>>321887756
Ashley is the worst.

She can kill Chris if Chris chooses Josh instead, and if Chris tries to save himself instead of Ashley.

VIDEO:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut-u9L9qyi0
>>
>>321890727

Actually it barely has QTEs, I mean, when compared to other decision games it doesn't.

>>321890746

M8 it was pretty obvious that there was something supernatural from the beginning.
>>
File: 1354253643567.jpg (50 KB, 443x706) Image search: [Google]
1354253643567.jpg
50 KB, 443x706
Have my shitty OC, I don't care.
>>
>>321891440
I just think it was a poor choice of supernatural creature. Or more accurately they looked stupid and I wasn't scared of them
>>
File: galadriel-stineman-profile.jpg (31 KB, 300x411) Image search: [Google]
galadriel-stineman-profile.jpg
31 KB, 300x411
>>321890859

She's real.

You know it actually makes me kinda sad because this is how most games will handle character creation now, no more unique character designs because if they want to get to this level of facial realism, they NEED to have an actor's face mo-capped which means no creativity in character design.

>>321891335

Only if Chris shoots her actually. Josh X Ash thing is disregarded.

And yeah major fuck up from the writers forgetting she literally begs Chris to shoot her.
>>
>>321891692

No idea why people say Sam has a nice ass, its hideous, completely saggy.and square.

>>321891739

At least it was kind of original.

Also, its a console 3rd person video game,it will never be scary no matter what they do. Only the biggest wimps get scared with console 3rd person games.
>>
It's a good movie and a crappy game.
We should really just come up with better terms or at least agree on terms when we talk about this shit.
If we all agreed that this was an interactive movie I'd say it's a pretty damn good interactive movie, but since we're pretending it's a video game I can't talk about it without addressing minimalist QTE gameplay, lack of choices, no sprint button etc. As a video game it's just shit.
Fucking hell. If I am talking about a music video I don't have to go ''WOOW THIS MOVIE IS ONLY 5 MINUTES LONG! NO STORY!!!! The actors were singing wtf? is this a musical?''. If I talk about a comic I don't have to compare it to books or paintings, it's a medium of it's own. I don't have to pit it against some stupid shit like The Great Gatsby and Mona Lisa. If I look at a photo album I don't judge it as a book or a picture, it's a collection of pictures in a ''book format''.
Interactive movies should be their own medium just like we have /lit/ and /co/ we should have /v/ for vidya and /im/ for interactive movie because it can't be judged as a video game.
We have /mu/ and we have /tv/. Where do you go to discuss a music video and where do you go to discuss a musical? Both, I guess, but both would focus on different aspects of it instead of viewing it as a different medium on it's own.
>>
>>321887756
SFM MODEL OF HAYDEN WHEN FUCK
>>
File: oHMQ293.jpg (243 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
oHMQ293.jpg
243 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>321891820
Well it's kind of difficult to draw a fictional human that looks real. Plus every time people have tried before there was the uncanny valley thing they had to deal with
>>
>>321890118
Something about her face just looks off. Shes pretty but really strange looking. Like a cute alien
>>
File: charlie laughing.jpg (98 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
charlie laughing.jpg
98 KB, 1280x720
>>321892175

>Be me
>looking at the games extras
>the one that explains how the horror aspects were made
>they put a bunch of cameras and biometric devices on peoples to meassure their responses to stuff to make sure they were creating a super scary game
>mfw they were randomly selected people all shitting themselves
>mfw devs actually believe they succeeded in creating a super spoopy video game.

I'm seriously laughing but crying on the inside, why are people such big wimps? Like who the hell could get scared at this shit? I enjoyed the game but damn it not even the jumpscares scared me and thats saying a lot.
>>
>>321893650

I know, which is why I say: Shame about that.

>>321893668

Maybe because her head is pear shaped

>>321892480

There's not enough of these games for them to have an exclusive board. Anon.

Also, now we call these things "interactive movies" but lets be honest: these things used to be called graphic adventures, and those had much less interactive gameplay than these things.
>>
File: Until Dawn Mike.png (195 KB, 493x468) Image search: [Google]
Until Dawn Mike.png
195 KB, 493x468
>>321893519
Mike is the best chad.
>>
>>321894516
>>
>>321894516

Am I the only one who hated how Mike went from generic Chad to selfless action Hank?
>>
>>321895224
you can't spike the Mike, senpai
>>
>>321894010
playtesting was a mistake since
>>
>>321893519
>>321894604
>>321894516
You guys gotta get with it. Brett has been a /co/ meme for about a year now
>>
>>321895979
I wouldn't know, joined during the summer
>>
I liked how every character died according to their characteristic.

Like how Ash and Chris who are the quick thinking guys from the group have their heads cut off.

or how Em, the brave girl from the group has her "gut" ripped appart.

>the character traits/relationship system was literally useless, it was only a scorecard, it didnt affected any of the interactions between characters

HOLY SHIT SO MUCH THIS.

It was literally the feature I was most pumped about the game. I imagined the endless scenarios that could come from it, and in the end they literally do shit and drop/increase at random.

IMO they should have made "talk" sections where characters could calmly talk to each other and choose between several dialogue options to increase stats and relationships, and have these actually matter at least on these conversations.
>>
>>321896221
For those uninitiated, and spoilers to follow

He is agent ward in agents of shield, in season 1 he was a generic gruff marine action hero and everybody called him things lIke agent flex beefslab, and Steele ironarms. And now at this point going into season 3 he has become a WHY WON'T YOU DIE! Tier villain. And during the show the actor takes to twitter and makes sassy smart-ass comments whenever his character does something
>>
>>321896891

so how do you know he is actually a member of /co/?

also is galadriel a member of /co/?
>>
>game
>>
>>321888226
>no spring button
U srs?
You barely walk too far at all in this game, sprinting would be pointless and would weaken the tone
>>
>>321898257
this
>>
>>321898257

there's several large areas where sprinting would have helped a lot.
>>
>>321898257
I am fairly sure it bothers people only because in one section in the game you're trying to save a person, but you can't run.
Jessica is screaming bloody murder getting chopped up by a vendigo and you're just strolling along.
>>
>>321900345

Not at all, since Mike totally runs in that section and in the only part where you manually control him, its a really small stretch and it doesnt affect the outcome.

People complain simply because every character is too slow and the areas are sometimes too big and may require a lot of backtracking to make sure you grabbed all the clues/totems
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.