[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trying to remember the story of MGS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: end.jpg (229 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
end.jpg
229 KB, 1280x720
I've played every game in the series. Let's see how I do without looking anything up since the release of 5.

China, Russia and US form an illuminati group called the philosophers after WWI. WWII happens and relations are strained and the philosophers legacy (loads o money) is lost. Boss and her team fight in WWII for the US. Boss defects to Russia and steals two nukes. Naked Snake was sent to Russia to extract a US doctor from Russian captors and in doing so uncovers the Boss' defection. She attempts to kill Snake and escapes while one of the nukes is detonated. Snake is sent back to Russia after recovering with a mission to kill The Boss, his mentor. Snake is successful in neutralizing Shaladhaska, an experimental tank capable of firing nukes from any location, and killed the Boss. Snake learns that the Boss was never a traitor but really a double agent for the US. Her mission was to die by Snakes hands to absolve the US of involvement and give them deniability. A true patriot. Snake is given the title of Big Boss but loses his trust in governments.

Big Boss forms an off-shore base called Outer Haven and also forms the Military sans Frontiers - an army without a nation. A mercenary group who fight for nations who need their help. They are contacted by Hot Coldman who sounds russian, but seems to work for a South American goverment that needs the MSFs help. Big Boss finds an AI pod with The Boss' brain patterns and after being double crossed by some dumb bitch, the mammal pod (no idea why it was called that) sacrifices itself to maintain peace. Blah blah something something accordance with Boss' will.

Cont..
>>
Part 2

Big Boss is caught in an explosion after a fake inspection which was really an attack on the MSF base. Big Boss is put into a coma and awakes 9 years later. While he was out, 3 clones of him were created. Big Boss wakes up and creates Diamond Dogs from the MSFs ashes and builds a new Mother Base. Yada yada skullface yada yada child psycho mantis. I honestly had no idea what the story for this game was. At the end you aren't Big Boss but his best medic who was hypnotized to think he's Big Boss because I don't know. Now Big Boss is evil ok? I don't fucking get it.

Big Bosses clones are now older. One is sent on a mission to Outer Heaven to steal plans for their synthetic oil the world desperately needs (retconned) and finds out his dispatcher, Big Boss, is really the leader of Outer Heaven so you gotta kill him. Couple years later repeat this in Zanzibar land.

Cont...
>>
>>333798503
>Shaladhaska
Shagohod m8.
Shalashaska is Ocelot.
>>
Part 3

Snake retires after all the good work, but has to come out of retirement when a terrorist cell called the "Sons of Big Boss" infiltrate a facility called Shadow Moses for unknown reasons. Turns out there is a revolutionary new weapon being built there. Metal gear. Snake also learns he is a clone of Big Boss, but is able to defeat the terrorist cell and defeat an operational Metal Gear. Snake and Otacon form Philanthropy and do freelance peace work worldwide. Philanthropy gets wind of a new Metal Gear being developed by the US Navy called Ray. In the ensuing chaos there is a huge oil spill as the tanker they are on is sunk and Ray escapes. Enter: Raiden. Raiden is a new recruit and still wet behind the ears. He is sent to Big Shell, the facility built to contain and clean up the spill to confront a new terrorist organization that has taken over Big Shell. Raiden defeats the terrorists, but learns that Big Shell is a weapon itself. A giant robot that is capable of total social control. It's purpose was to pacify the masses through media and to subtly implant ideas in the public minds or something. Also another clone of Big Boss is now the US president and Raiden fights him and kills him because reasons. I don't remember. Arsenal Gear is destroyed and Raiden fucks off to his girlfriend.

Cont...
>>
Why are you typing all of this out?

Why not just go through the wiki?
>>
The memes. Don't forget the memes.
>>
Part 4

At some point during all this the illuminati had been replaced with AI as a further means of social control. Snake learns this and needs to destroy them using a virus. Ocelot has also learned this, but wants to control the Patriots, not destroy them. Ocelot is able to take over the nanobots in peoples bodies creating zombie like people. Raiden is fucking bad ass robot now and is a force of nature who can summon actual lightning. No idea how. Snake walks through a microwave chamber to get to the patriot AI and injects their core with a virus that will destroy them. Snake is given treatment for Foxdie (called...Foxalive. holy shit) and goes off to live the rest of his short life in peace. Go on Snake, you earned it.

How did I do?
>>
>>333799981
I wanted to see how much I truly know without looking. Also, I thought those who knew more could correct me. I've read the wiki countless times. Eventually I just zone out and can't retain it all.
>>
>every MGS thread just brings back the pain of how disappointing MGS 5 WAS

WHY. FUCK YOU KOJIMA
>>
>>333800431
>Snake is given a treatment for foxdie (called...Foxalive. holy shit)
Foxalive wasn't a treatment for Foxdie. Foxalive was the modified Patriot AI-lobotomizing virus co-developed by Naomi and Sunny.

The thing that gave Snake a new lease of life was a modified form of FOXDIE that suppressed the old mutated form.
>>
>>333800431
You forgot this (probably no canon but kinda fun story/offshoot):

Years later, Raiden is working for a PMC, gets another new body, save a bunch of children's brain for going through the same child soldier program he did, prevents the assassination of the US president by fighting a US senator on super steroids and then goes of to do... something.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.