[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Arkham Knight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 3
File: arkham.jpg (187 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
arkham.jpg
187 KB, 1200x675
I am disgusted at how underrated this game is online. This game was amazing in practically all departments aside from optimization on mid to low end PCs. All you had to do was get a good PC or a console.

inb4
>batmobile was shit
>open world sucks

You have shit taste then.
>>
The story disappointed me and even though it had been retarded from the start of the series that was the main reason why I bought it
>>
>>333784578
The ending could have been cooler maybe but aside from that, it was good for what it was. I thought everything with the Arkham Knight was pretty great.
>>
Apart for the obvious
>>batmobile was shit
Insta kill "Press X to Kill Everyone" stealth moves is overpowered as hell and the titular "Arkham Knight" twist was incredibly obvious and lame and the rest of the story isn't that great either.

But despite that it still manages to be a good game. It's just the worst Arkham game.
>>
>>333784453
My biggest problem with the game wasn't the batmobile.

It was the shitty bossfights, the shitty side missions and the shitty and disappointing story.

It's a shame, because the game opened up so well with the joker cremation and the scene at the bar
>>
>>333784665
Jason todd was so obvious though, and the bossfight was just bad. It felt like something was missing for the last big night of batmans career. Also the batmobile shit
>>
The batmobile was annoying and at times the game was slow with very annoying missions. Also the point system was terrible and I don't know who the hell those shitty riddler missions were for, pure garbage in what should be a fast paced game. Getting the real ending behind all the filler shit is dumb as well. Pretty enjoyable game otherwise but not something I'm ever going to go back to, I'd give it a 7.
>>
>>333784453
The batmobile was shit.
The Arkham Knight reveal was the most obvious uninspiring thing they could have possibly written.
Joker was quality.
>>
File: I can't be doin with this.png (55 KB, 272x269) Image search: [Google]
I can't be doin with this.png
55 KB, 272x269
>>333784886
>tfw The very second Arkham Knight was revealed everyone immediately guessed Jason Todd
>"N-No guys it's a totally new character we swear!"
>Game comes out
>"Ha we lied, it was Jason Todd this whole time!"
>>
>>333784841
ya they kinda blew their load on that and never really recovered that level of wacko.
>>
>>333784685
>>333784886
>obvious twist
So what?

I liked the boss fight with Jason, when you have to sneak up on him as he tries to snipe you. He wasn't the main antagonist of the story, so the fight along with all the mercs trying to seek you out during it was fitting.
>>
>>333785071
>introduce jason todd for no reason half way through the game
>arkham knight obviously knows batman personally
WHO COULD IT BE
>>
>>333785174
>worlds greatest detective couldn't fucking figure this out
>>
It ran like shit on a 980, brah.

Is it fixed yet though? Because when it did run well, it is the best in the series.
>>
>>333785113
>So what?
When the game is literally named after said character and all of the marketing is about hyping up said character and building a mystery element about him?

I'd say it's a pretty big deal.
>>
>>333784453
I liked how big of a boner it gave me from letting me lock up every villain.
The story was entertaining and I enjoyed myself. I do agree that the arkham knight didn't have much personality.
But the side quests were excellent. I loved the graphics and brutal combat/cutscenes
>>
>>333785113
The arkham knight is Jason Todd reveal would've worked a lot better if it was done earlier in the story.

Instead it was revealed almost at then end of the game, as if that was supposed to be some kind of surprise.
>>
>>333785263
He was a fairly big focus most of the game, that's all that's needed for him to be in the title. The twist doesn't have to be special. His character was still fun.
>>
>>333785337
Yeah, I actually expected the first time it was referenced by Bat & Alfred that they would go on to find out who immediately. Instead it just lingered on for way too long.
>>
>>333785262
>It ran like shit on a 980, brah.
I have a 980 and it always ran perfectly for me.
>>
>Shit story
>No bosses fights
>Batmobile is boring after some hours
>Wasted potencial

Yeah, good game.
>>
>>333785262
Have an AMD r9 270 and it ran fine lmao

Unless there's some weird reason still lingering on, your 980 should have no problem
>>
>>333785563
Sometimes it would be 60fps quite happily, and then turn to completely dogshit for about 10-15 seconds where you could barely do anything.
>>
>>333784685
>It's just the worst Arkham game.

No, it's the best one.
>>
Does it still have awful boss fights?
>>
>Lack of Boss Fights

>Almost all boss fights were Batmobile-oriented

>Stealth Tank Parts

>Arkham Knight Reveal was both dragged out for too long for it to just be Jason Todd and then he shows up for one scene at the end as Red Hood and never again (No I'm not buying the DLC)

>"Hey I can solve this puzzle!" No you must use the Batmobile with this puzzle

>endgame combat parts feature nothing but people with stun batons and shields while only featuring the same one or two ways to defeat them which grew tedious and stale very quickly

I really wanted it to be good. But they made so many poor calls.

>Joker bits were great

>Game is gorgeous

>Nailed the atmosphere of almost as good as Asylum.
>>
>>333785563
wow, people having different problems even with the same graphics cards! memebiscuit chugged at below 30 a lot of times using a titan.
>>
>>333785675
>amazing art direction
>amazing Joker
>good cast
>story is fine for what it is
>batmobile is fun as fuck to burn through Gotham in
>fun variety of missions if you are into the game
>great music
>healthy amount of content

Not a good game, but a great game.
>>
>>333785830
Even worse and most of them were shitty tank battles, because that's why you buy a batman game, to blow people up in a tank
>>
>>333785259
>Oracle "dies" in front of him
>Cant figure it out it were just drugs
>Alfred also believes she died, even though he probably had a video feed to what was happening

Overall i did liked the game though. Last part with Joker was pretty awesome.
>>
I agree fully. It's an awesome game that was completely overshadowed by the port fiasco.
>>
>>333785830
No, they're all mostly like henchmen with names now. There's no Origins-like disaster. There are some fights that are interesting, like the Knight one, but others (like 2face) are basically just treating him like you would any other henchmen.

Which I enjoy, QTE fights are shit, but they needed to stay on Knight-tier fights or higher. Fights that actually require SOME sense of strategy, where it actually feels like a heavy important fight.
>>
>>333786061
Some parts were godly, but it was missing something, I didn't feel satisfied at the end
>>
>>333786106
My fight with Two Face was fucking hilarious. I just dropped a chandelier on him not realizing it was him at all. Then after I was done with all the other guards I noticed he was already unconscious.
>>
>>333786106
The fight against Knight was a glorified stealth section
>>
>>333785262
I have a 280x and aside from using an ungodly amount of RAM (up to 19GB, i can't make this shit up) it ran butter smooth with no hiccups or crashes.
>>
>>333784685
>the titular "Arkham Knight" twist was incredibly obvious and lame
Yeah that's what bothered me the most. The minute I saw Jason Todd I thought "fucking hell this is just a re skinned Red Hood story isn't it"
>>
>>333786137
The execution itself was great, but the premise was dumb, which is weird, because you usually see the opposite of this.
Turning into Joker because of a blood transfusion is kinda stupid, but with Batman it seemed like it went even beyond that, it looked like Joker's soul was possessing him or something.
>>
>>333786368
It is 100% A Death in the Family, retold.

Which is a bummer because it means they flat out lied when they said the Arkham Knight was going to be a never-before-seen character.
>>
>>333784685
>superhero is overpowered
OH MY GOOOODDDD HOW DARE THEYYYYY

Just play hardmode you whiney bitch
>>
>>333784453
I really liked it, but all the bugs and the shit optimization almost kills it for me.i have a high end pc and the game dips from 30, i play it locked at 30 to be playable.
I also kind of hate how they managed all the port fiasco and how they laughed at the pc consumers.
>>
>>333786061
I liked the Joker parts throughout the game. His portion of the game was actually really fucking neat too. The only character I fully enjoyed in the game though.

>>333786242
The chandelier is exactly how I killed him too. Thought it would be more dramatic but all of the baddies you collect prior to knightfall just seem half-assed.

>>333786293
Yeah, but at least it was a glorified stealth section, you know? Other bosses were basically just hiding in vents, and then activating a takedown. Or worse, actually having to just fight a bunch of baddies in a giant empty room before a cutscene (Penguin).

I liked the pyg leadup though, was really fucking cool, but the fight was such a let down.
>>
>>333786670
The worst part of the game by far was the bosses. So bad
>>
>>333784453
I liked the game but I do think the batmobile was overused. I was really disappointed that the Deathstroke boss fight was in the bm.
>>
>>333786495

Which is true i guess. The arkham knight was, not red hood and jason. What a fucking workaround
>>
>>333784984
>I don't know who the hell those shitty riddler missions were for
Fuck you those were just annoying enough to actually be entertaining to go through. I liked their break in the pacing.
>>
I feel like the games pacing was off. It threw you right into it, and didn't build it up like City or Asylum, so it runs out of steam in the middle. I loved it, but it dropped the ball in pacing and bosses
>>
File: 1256873181215.jpg (250 KB, 834x465) Image search: [Google]
1256873181215.jpg
250 KB, 834x465
>>333784453

>add casualized gameplay through first person shooter and racing elements

Somehow this means I have shit tastes though. Here's your (you)
>>
>>333787481
thanks
>>
>>333787481
But the FPS part was one little section, and the racing was fun. It's a break in the action, it doesn't need to be as good as other FPS's or Racers.
>>
>>333784453

The game was adequate at best and that's only if you avoided the issues.

The over reliance on the car and continued mediocrity of the controls because of their attempt to do so much with so little and still have context sensitive stuff doesn't make it an underrated game.

Just a game that got overly shit on because they couldn't really produce a playable copy for the masses and a lot of people were excited.
>>
>>333784453

Oh yeah and that you beat the game but you haven't done everything so here's a partial ending faggotry was suuuuuuuper lame.
>>
>>333787661
>PC
>Masses
Pcuck detected, stay mad your version didn't work
The controls were fine, atleast on controller, but I'll agree the BM was used to much.
>>
>>333787661
>over reliance on the car
But, there wasn't at all. If you used it to get around the city, that's all on you 100%. I had more fun slinging myself around and therefore felt zero 'over reliance' on the car.
>>
As totally inappropriate and weird as it was, I really really liked the Batmobile combat sections.

When it's just you versus waves and waves of bots. They actually managed to capture the same rhythm as in the CQC parts, where you still need high situational awareness, you still need to check your targets, and you're still popping off special attacks regularly to thin the crowds and/or deal with special enemies. Threading your way through heavy fire with the boost dodge while peppering enemies with enfilading fire and autocannon rounds was really satisfying, too.
>>
>>333787961
Yeah, i didn't mind the combat or the "racing aspects" of the batmobile.

To me the worst part were the stealth sections with the batmobile. That was just dumb.
>>
>>333787961
It was pretty fun, but I would have liked to see more expansion on the oracle AoE stun type help. Without it, the bomb defusing sections became extremely tedious.
>>
The game is great. The combat and predator sections are the best they've ever been. The Batmobile is great for everything except the bomb disposal mission, which is a case of way too much of a good thing. The stealth tank parts were tense and fun as fuck, especially the two bosses. Anyone who disliked them is a pleb. The Riddler challenges are by far the best in Knight, and the game had some great set pieces. It just barely fails to top City, which was impossibly good.

City > Knight > Asylum > Origins > Blackgate
>>
>>333788759
The only thing I used to think City had over Knight was Riddler's Revenge, but it sounds like they've made some strides in that area with the AR challenges.

They're still not as fleshed at as RR, but now you can at least play them as every character, like you could in City.
>>
>>333789103
City had a better story, better bosses, and the villains felt like actual threats where in Knight everyone except Jason and Scarecrow were chumps. Those are the only things that keep it on top for me.
>>
>>333789782
>City had a better story
I don't think that's saying much, to be honest. I think AK's story is good, it's just copied wholesale.
>Better bosses
True.
>More threatening villains
Yeah, I can agree with that.

I guess for me, I'm thinking more about gameplay and graphics, which Knight does better than City in nearly every way.

City's a fantastic game that is just as if not maybe more dear to my heart so I'm not gonna sit here and shit on it, but man I really did love Knight.
>>
>>333790454
I love them both too. Knight gets way too much shit. It's fantastic.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.