[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do journalists write about their supposed demise so much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: nintendologo.png (5 KB, 467x187) Image search: [Google]
nintendologo.png
5 KB, 467x187
Why do journalists write about their supposed demise so much?

I never see sites write about how Sony or Microsoft should exit the industry.
>>
Click bait for one, but also because Nintendo doesn't make the type of games modern journalists like, aka, cinematic experiences that talk about social issues.
>>
>nintendrones and their persecution complex

Please, journalists basically fellate Nintendo.
>>
>>333784339
rapidly dwindling consumer base, disappointed fanbase, if they just stopped making gimmick consoles with gimmick controllers and gimmick-mandatory games, and sold 'unique' controllers and games on other platforms, they wouldnt be spiraling so hard. we get it, you grew up with them so they can do no wrong, but from a shareholder/investor/developer standpoint theyve been trash for a bit. from a 'gamer' standpoint - the barrier of entry for being a fan is simply too expensive for the lackluster payoff.
>>
Doomed since 1889.
>>
>>333784550

Then why do they shower every (main) Zelda entry in 9s and 10s?
>>
>>333786076
Because of the impending shitstorm if they didn't.
>>
>>333784339
because M and $ony are much more than console manafaturer and game publisher. They can never fail, only change owners.
>>
>>333784339

Because Nintendo is the old guard. Them dying or becoming irrelevant is supposed to be the sign of a new era.

What this new era is supposed to bring changes from person to person but largely it relates to big budget cinematic games and such.
>>
>>333784339

The media has been out to crucify Nintendo since before the NES came out. But also because the type of person who listens to gaming journalism is the same type of person who blindly focuses on a specific brand (Sony, Microsoft, Valve, whatever) instead of the games themselves. And both Sony and Microsoft have been attacking Nintendo since they got into the industry.
>>
>>333786870
>crucify
edge much.
i think you grossly underestimate the brand loyalty of nintendo fans. also, gaming journalists love nintendo its guaranteed ad revenue. all companies have taken digs at each other, nintendo included, thats competition. stop acting like nintendo is a frail little girl you have to whiteknight over while simultaneously saying theyre an undefeatable super force whose cock you cant stop gobbling. they make cheap consoles, they make expensive games, the consoles alienate every other non-nintendo developer by being cheap, and the games aren't complex enough (in graphical fidelity, AI, sound design, or gameplay) to justify the price tags.
>>
>>333787457

>edge much.
Funny. That's how I'd describe your whole post. So much alteration, assumption and anger.
>>
>>333787615
found the /v/eddit user
>>
>>333784339
Nintendo won't give them money.
>>
People like reading about Nintendo more. Otherwise they wouldn't do it.

For an example check out /v/. People who like Nintendo talk about Nintendo and people who despite Nintendo talk about Nintendo.
>>
A combination of the almost consistent decline in hardware sales since the NES/Gameboy and Nintendo trying to go against the grain with every little thing they do makes Nintendo's future the most questionable of the big 3.
>>
>>333787457
>grossly underestimate the brand loyalty of nintendo fans
The same loyal Nintendo fans that purchase fewer and fewer consoles each generation after the SNES, with the exception of the Wii?
>>
>>333784339
because Allison Rapp was just found out to be a prostitute, and this destroys the narrative that Gamergate got her fired.
>>
>>333788640
After the NES. SNES sold worse than the NES.
>>
>>333787980

People don't like reading/hearing about HIllary Clinton endlessly. Yet the media still covers her the most.

So clearly media will sometimes focus on something, even when its not the most popular. Most people would rather hear about games being announced. Not the upteenth 'Why Nintendo is doomed' editorial.
>>
>>333788949
>People don't like reading/hearing about HIllary Clinton endlessly
People love hearing how many skeletons she has. Including ones they already know about. So I disagree.
>>
File: 1459823757266 (1).jpg (125 KB, 600x847) Image search: [Google]
1459823757266 (1).jpg
125 KB, 600x847
They have been on a steady decline since the NES. Nintendrones like to think they have some sort of persecution complex or something. Its laughable how they go through these mental gymnastics to justify why anyone would talk about Nintendo badly.

You notice whenever someone says something badl about Nintendo the drones are the first to yell NINTEN DOOMED NINTEN DOOMED like that cancels out the whole argument someone is trying to make.
>>
>>333788843
No, I know, but the SNES still sold very, very well against a strong competitor and even overcame that competitor in the US market despite a massive lead.
>>
Microsoft gets it just as much OP

Its what happens when the gen is ran by Sony and every big journalist site has to cater to them

God forbid someone call out Sonys bullshit
>>
>>333789083

>They have been on a steady decline since the NES.
Except for how the Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, DS and Wii gens where they made exponentially more money. Not to mention outside investments besides gaming.

But sure. If all you look at are consoles, then yes. They've been on a decline since the NES. Oh, except for the Wii.
>>
File: 1449450239725.png (41 KB, 808x805) Image search: [Google]
1449450239725.png
41 KB, 808x805
ITS SONY'S FAULT. THEY OWN THE MEDIA. THEY CONTROL EVERYTHING. THEY SECRETLY SABOTAGE NITNENDO.
>>
>>333789083
I think the irony is that hater of Nintendo do mental gymnastics to justify why they won't talk about something else if they hate Nintendo so much.
>>
>>333789326
this is correct

>>333789421
this is an exaggeration
>>
Drones will blame anyone but Nintendo for their failings.

Heck I already see people ITT blaming sony somehow. Its funny.
>>
File: 4TheRapers.jpg (34 KB, 638x360) Image search: [Google]
4TheRapers.jpg
34 KB, 638x360
>>333789421
#FreeKesha
>>
>>333789663
In my book it will always be sonys fault, for droping the Crash ip.
>>
>>333784339
>baby doesn't like it when people talk shit about nintendo

fuck off nintendrone
>>
>>333789326
>God forbid someone call out Sonys bullshit

What bullshit does Sony even do? They are kinda just there, doing nothing. That's why they "won" the generation. Not because they did good, but because they just did nothing while Nintendo and Microsoft shat themselfs.
>>
>>333791924

Not that guy, but Sony pretty much has a history of taking the ideas from their competition and trying to rebrand it as their own. The Playstation itself was an example of this. Let alone the controller, eyetoy, Waggle Wand and more.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.