[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In retrospect I think we gave this game waaaay more shit than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: Mass_Effect_3_Game_Cover.jpg (19 KB, 250x345) Image search: [Google]
Mass_Effect_3_Game_Cover.jpg
19 KB, 250x345
In retrospect I think we gave this game waaaay more shit than it deserved. I've recently been replaying it and it's not that fucking bad at all. It's super smooth and at least not entirely terribly put together for a Bioware game. I hated it originally but as I look back it's not even that fucking bad.
>>
>>333783776
I'm replaying the series and I'm not sure if I agree, I'll need to get to it but what I will say is I greatly enjoyed its multiplayer and hope it's still alive.
>>
>>333783776
No, it deserves all of it. Maybe too much of it was focused on the ending though, for some reason the ending was THAT bad that people managed to forget the a lot of the rest of it was very subpar too.
>>
>>333783776
I'm replaying it now too. I found I got stuck on objects a LOT in ME2. Combat felt clunkier in ME2 compared to 3 as well.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC7DHfyMKFo
>>
>>333783776
dumb marketer
>>
>>333783776

Nigga, I took a week off of work to play ME3 just to have over 500 hours of playtime in the series completely shit on.

Damn right, I was pissed off and still am.
>>
>>333784084
yeah thats right bro im marketing a 4 year old game you fucking idiot baby
>>
No it deserved all it got.

The only good thing was the shootan and Multiplayer.
>>
File: mass-effect-dlc-message-2.jpg (50 KB, 620x386) Image search: [Google]
mass-effect-dlc-message-2.jpg
50 KB, 620x386
>>333784123
I feel ya brother, I will never not be mad.
>>
>>333784123
I guess im talking about the combat more than the story.

it feels way smoother compared to ME2
>>
>>333783776
7/10 game

-50/10 ending
>>
If the entire game's story had the same level of quality as the Tuchanka and Rannoch storylines, I doubt it would have gotten as much shit as it did.

I felt the writers just stole the endings from Human Revolution, but didn't bother to give any context or weight to those endings in Mass Effect 3.
>>
>>333784165
And Tuchanka, as long as you have Wrex. I'll give them credit for Tuchanka.
>>
I let Miranda die as well but its fine coz Ashley let her hair down and now she has bangin titties.
>>
It's pretty much the most terrible ending of all time, irredeemable shit.
>>
>>333784258
On normal diffculty the third person shooting is imporved, but once you're at insanity diffulty the cracks show and the game nearly becomes unplayable due to the level desing decisions. At one point on Tuchanka I was fighting to save the turin dude and I was stuck in a hallway with muuraders lobbing 1HK grenades, meaning I had to get really fucking lucky after 30 tries
>>
>>333784308
Yeah that was a good one too
>>
File: 1265041903639.png (154 KB, 330x327) Image search: [Google]
1265041903639.png
154 KB, 330x327
OP here. I get that it's not great, the ending is terrible and always will be. I'm just saying that, compared to the current availability of content such as: Smash Fags, ASSFAGGOTS, Overwatch, and whatever fucking version CAWADOODY is on, also Dragon Age Cisgender Quest and Gone Homo, it's not that absolute worst piece of shit ever made. Lets keep in mind that, in 2016, 'Depression Quest' is an award winning videogame.
>>
>>333784258

True. I mean it was a lot tighter and MP was a lot more fun than I expected, but the game itself:

1. No exploration
2. Replaced proper side missions with fetch quests
3. A lot of the characters you grew to like over the past 2 games were often relegated to a single shitty side mission.
4. Hundreds of hours in the series and they didn't provide any sort of closure for the galaxy or the characters that survived.
5. Choices had nominal effect most of the time.
6. Personally, the story was really poorly thought out. ME2's story was a mess, yes, but they just double downed in ME3. All these races starting open warfare against each other in the midst of a galactic extinction event is stupid. The Reaper's strategy was stupid. Cerebus and Kai Ling were stupid. The lack of a final boss fight was stupid.

I personally would have preferred if ME2 was about allying the galaxy and setting everyone up in a war footing. I think that once the Reapers make it in = instant failure, but I'm fine with a galactic war for ME3. You should just have had more control: choosing which races to sacrifice to buy time, where to deploy resources, if you should spend time trying to find a ancient relic that could help you win, if you should try a military victory, or a diplomatic ending, etc.
>>
>>333783776
I will never not be mad at EA's Bioware for ME3. The terrible execution of art direction, the retcons and the nonsense "2deep4u" ending.

Worse was that a year earlier DA:2 pulled the exact same stunt with an incomprehensible marketing budget that launched a terrible looking unfinished game that shat all over its predecessor.

DA:2 Was the first game I ever got my money back for because it was not what it claimed to be. ME3 was the second. I don't buy EA games now.
>>
>>333784831
HUNDREDS OF OUTCOMES BASED ON YOUR DECISIONS

HUNDREDS
U
N
D
R
E
D
S
>>
>>333784873
ME3s gameplay was way more 'complete' than any of the DA series.
>>
>>333783776
I know it's easy to sick of the hype whether it be good or bad but no Bioware dropped the ball hard. it deserves everything
>>
>>333784873

I'm still glad Dragon Age 2 had a demo come out a month beforehand so everybody with common sense could NOPE the fuck away from buying it while biodrones kept screeing that it was an EARLY ALPHA COMBAT DEMO and the REAL GAME WOULDN'T BE LIKE THAT AT ALL!

I mean holy fuck the demo was an ugly, muddy red shitfest. And to boot they were running the whole marketing scheme where you had to LIKE US ON FACEBOOK to get "free" DLC
>>
I'll give it this: Mass Effect 3+Extended Cut had three clear, definitive endings and epilogues.

I greatly dislike how Andromeda seems to be trying to avoid confirming a canon fate by the way they're setting up they're "sequel", but that's not Mass Effect 3's problem.

It was a fantastic, fleshed out world filled with space politics and a galactic Armageddon and it was fun. It had a terrible ending but it was a fun ride.

Compared to Dragon Age: Inquisition sequalbating being the nadir of another of Bioware's series, I'm happy that ME3 had the decency to end.
>>
File: no feels no mercy.jpg (105 KB, 1175x766) Image search: [Google]
no feels no mercy.jpg
105 KB, 1175x766
fuck you Bioshit apologist, anyone who says it's just the ending that's bad and the rest of the game is fine should reconsider their life, the fact that it played like a passable GoW clone does not make up for how badly they fucked up every single other element of the game.
I could go on for hours about everything they fucked up but I don't want to remind myself.
They permanently ruined Mass Effect for me with 3, even if Andromeda is not complete bile 3 will still exist and be canon.
>>
File: 1427805593589.jpg (23 KB, 512x240) Image search: [Google]
1427805593589.jpg
23 KB, 512x240
Well /v/, I love you, I always will. But I feel I have to disagree. Again, I'm not saying the story was award winning, but I do feel the Gameplay is fairly tight for its time. It's not the worst considering the genre of FPSRPG was fairly underwritten in 2012 beyond Half Life 2. But I'm making a modern-day comparison here. I'm just looking back at something we all collectively gave an F and am offering it a C+ for effort.
>>
>>333785103

I hate how devs abuse the beta tag. The fucking open beta you release a week or a month before launch isn't a fucking beta. You're not making any major changes in that time.
>>
File: me3_miseryposter.jpg (357 KB, 936x1320) Image search: [Google]
me3_miseryposter.jpg
357 KB, 936x1320
>>333783776
REALLY?
>>
>>333785103
Dragon Age 2 was, I think, the first major game I owned that I did not finish in my first play of it.
>>
>>333785260
I'm not apologizing for Bioware. They're a doodoopeepee company with Yaoi fangirls for content writers.

I'm just changing my status from 'I FUCKING HATE THIS.' to 'Well alright.'
>>
>>333783776
Combat and weapon/armor selection was improved from ME2 but the level design was bad so none of it could shine.
Level variety was also so much worse than ME2.
I mean the side missions were like 5 recycled MP maps. ME2 side missions were like 35 completely different missions.
They had so many and so much variety they could put in missions where the player didn't need to shoot.
ME3 had 1 mission type. Survive the horde. The same thing you do on MP, but alone.

The main missions weren't as bad, but were still lacking creativity for the most part.
There was creative thinking when it came to their systems, but the same attention wasn't paid to the world you were using those systems in.

If you've got all of the DLC the game starts to fill out and feel a little better, but the launch day game feels really thin and misguided.
>>
>>333786721
In some areas it's clear that the game was rushed. I was happy to hear that Andromeda was delayed, hopefully they're putting more work into it.
>>
>>333783776

You're not finding it so bad for two reasons:

1) The quality drops off during the game. Early in the game you've got Tuchanka, some great sidequests, and some pretty good interactions in the Citadel. These are great! Later on, you've got the Quarian/Geth conflict, fly here/grab this sidequests, and less interesting interactions on the Citadel. These are okay. Then you get to Thessia and the Cerberus base and things are just kind of lackluster, and once you get to Earth things continue to go steadily downhill.

2) Lowered expectations. Everyone was looking forward to this as the holy grail of modern RPGs. This wasn't just the third in a highly acclaimed series - it was third in a highly acclaimed series that had always promised your choices mattered, and it was all going to come to a head here. Now that you're playing it forewarned that that's not true, it doesn't feel like a slap in the face.

That said, I still think it gets too much flak. I actually prefer Mass Effect 3 over Mass Effect 2.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.