[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
File: Halo_Reach_Box_Art.jpg (149 KB, 906x1294) Image search: [Google]
Halo_Reach_Box_Art.jpg
149 KB, 906x1294
What went wrong?
>>
The tone didn't fit well with the other Halo games.
Also didn't help tie into them that much either.
>>
>>333783129
>No WORT WORT WORT
>>
Nothing. Halo 4 onwards on the other hand...
>>
>>333783129
This is when the community got really bad, it wasn't great prior but but this is when it really went down the drain.
>>
You mean what went right?
Halo Reach had the best multiplayer in all of the halo games, and a good campaign to match it.
>>
>>333783129
Possibly my favourite boxart for any game.
>>
File: 1414304539407.png (684 KB, 740x740) Image search: [Google]
1414304539407.png
684 KB, 740x740
>>333783367
>Halo Reach had the best multiplayer in all of the halo games,
>>
Thinking that killing main characters for cheap drama is good storytelling.
>>
File: image.jpg (331 KB, 850x545) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
331 KB, 850x545
no cobra
>>
>>333783303
>>333783367
Man oh man.
Reminder, Reachfags couldn't defend this:
>terrible campaign
>shit story
>no plot
>breaks canon to exist
>tries to use nostalgia to make up for bad level design
>shit character development
>return to battlefield or die
>shit mp maps
>mp maps reused from campaign
>other mp maps are in Forge World
>shit ranking
>ranking can only be seen on Bungie.net
>grind to rank up
>get new armor by grinding
>most of the weapon sandbox was shit
>cardboard vehicles
>slow ass based movement speed
>low ass jump height
>bloom on every weapon
>armor abilities
>loadouts
>nuke grenades
>sword block with any weapon
>broken melee
>shit health system that was nothing like CE
>motion blur causing ghosting
>film grain filter
>desatuarated color palette
>on-rails shooting
>MAC gun
>cock teases
>shit replacements to covenant weapons
>the removal of Brute weapons and vehicles
>gimped theater
>arcade Firefight
>only two grenade types
>only being able to carry two grenades with only tow grenade types
>gimped Elite customization
>Elites are only playable in modes that are made for them (Elite Slayer, Invasion)
>Forge World is gray
>ally AI is the most retarded in the entire series
>no bleedthrough
>boring as fuck
>no "Halo" epic moments
>doesn't feel like Halo
>replacing flashlight with night vision
>enemy AI have six-sense
>>
>>333783510
That was known before the game was released...
>>
WHERE WERE THE SUPER MAC CANNONS BUNGIE
>>
>>333783431
dumb animeposter
>>
>>333783129

it was challenging and most halo babies haven't experienced
>>
>>333783367
>Bloom
>Shit maps, shit spawns on maps, shit map balance
>Shit sandbox balance, DMR rapes everything the end
>No ranked system
>Terrible base movement speed, awful grenade physics, no bleedthrough, sword canceling
>Only good playlist is invasion, but it has terrible balance and only 2 maps

Reach was unfiltered garbage before the title update and anniversary DLC
>>
>>333783717
Invasion had good balance, the only problem was that once the core was involved it devolved into the same fucking thing every time, walking in a straight line toward the score zone was the only way to win.
>>
>>333783129

It was a lazy phone-in by Bungie to fulfill their contractual obligation to Microsoft that they rushed out the door so they could get started on their billion dollar boondoggle known as Destiny.

Fun fact: Someone's favorite Halo entry is determined by how close they were to 17 years old when it was released.
>>
>>333783897
incorrect, I was 11 and 3 is still my favorite.
>>
>>333783625
Clearly not by Bungie.
>>
>>333783848
No it didn't. The first phase of spire spartans don't get precision weapons so if they don't win in the first minute before needle rifles respawn you just aren't going to win because elites also have highground advantage and the spawns are exposed.

Then phase 3 swaps it around by having the banshee out in the open in view of the sniper spawn, unprotected, and you can see one of the elite spawn points from it.

Boneyard is better but phase 1 still has two exposed elite spawns and firing squad highground for spartans. Bungie even originally had spartans spawn with DMRs in the beta.

It was fun but not anywhere near balanced.
>>
>>333783576
Pretty much
Nothing will recreate the fun of the classic trilogy
>>
>>333783897
That would make 4 my favourite when it's the exact opposite, friendo :^)
>>
>>333784028

Maybe I should adjust it to 12 years old. I'm old as fuck and I still prefer CE's multiplayer to anything else.
>>
>>333783897
I'd say 12. Peoples favourite zelda? The one that came out when they were 12. Favourite metal gear? Same thing. 12 is the magic age
>>
>>333784349

Damn, that was eerie.
>>
>too little Forerunner or Covenant levels
>mostly bland human locations
>characters die off with little suspense or fanfare
>only feel like shit is getting bad in that one city level
>plot gets boring around the Halsey/Cortana stuff
>>
>>333784552
>>333784349
12mind
>>
File: 1453587090406.jpg (124 KB, 500x629) Image search: [Google]
1453587090406.jpg
124 KB, 500x629
>>333783129
It played catch up.
>>
>>333784567
It was also the start of foreunner architecture being generic sci fi instead of the aged, religious looking stuff from the other games
>>
>>333784349
>I'd say 12
Different anon, IDK about that, I was 12 when CE came out 15 when Halo 2 came out and 18 when Halo 3 was release, but Halo 3 is my favorite Halo game. Similar case with Metroid. I got Metroids 1 and 2 when I was 3 and still liked Super Metroid more than both which I got when it released, when I was 5.
>>
Halo 1 is best console fps to date. I have yet to see anything top it. mlg 2v2 settings can't beat it boyzzz
>>
>>333784887
lol can I see ur tits???
>>
File: 2 sextillion% mad.png (2 MB, 1201x884) Image search: [Google]
2 sextillion% mad.png
2 MB, 1201x884
>>333783129
Armor abilities and bloom
>>
>>333784874
Maybe it's just the happiest point in your life then, and that falls at age 12 for most people. I remember just playing games all day with my friends back then, and playing with toy lightsabers and shit. It was great
>>
Its my favorite Halo game. Nothing can stop me.
>>
Shit maps and not having playlists with settings more geared towards classic halo are the main things.

Overally, it did more right then wrong though. It added a fuck ton of modes, features, and made a ton of improvements. It fucked up a lot more then 2 or 3 did for sure but it was 3 steps back and like 7 steps foward.

>>333783576
Fuck off with your incorrect copypasta. I'd individually respond to each point if I thought you'd actually read it.

>>333784747
Reach's forerunner stuff is almost identical to how it is in 3, and concept art of forererunner stuff even as far back as ce had it look tron esque. It only looked how it did in ce due to technical limitations and it looked shit then.

What's more interesting is how in ce, a lot of covenant stuff, like the plasma pistol and plasma rifle, are iridescent, but that wasn't really brought back into covenant materials untill reach. 2 and moreso 3's plasma piistol sorta kinda had it but not really
>>
>>333783576
Some of those I agree on, but it was still fun nonetheless. Especially Invasion on Spire...
>>
File: considerhefollowing.gif (500 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
considerhefollowing.gif
500 KB, 500x374
>>333785016
>>333783576
>>333783717
Bloom isn't an inherently bad feature, it helps automatics be more accurate due to bursting. It's also not inherently negative on precision weapons, it was only bad on the DMR due to the specific values used on it in reach which led to spamming be worthwhile over timed shots at further ranges then it should have.

Nobody eve whines about bloom on the reach pistol or NR for example because it functioned fine on those because their values were correctly balanced.

prove me wrong. Seriously i'm open to being convinced.
>>
>>333783129
>Slowed base movement to make room for sprint.
>Lower jump height to make room for jetpacks.
>Powerups removed from maps when you can just spawn with them
>Guns all around were not only weaker, but also had RNG spread
>Half the disc maps were made in forge
>>
>>333785153
It looked better though
The shiny tron shit looks boring as fuck, there were stone temples in halo 2 and in halo 3 it was all rusty and shit
>>
>>333785356
It's not inherently bad, it's just not a feature a halo game should have
>>
>>333785356
There really is no reason for it to exist on semi automatic weapons in the context of Halo. It allows for a weapon designed to be used at longer ranges to be brought up close without the punishment of inaccuracy.

>Nobody eve whines about bloom on the reach pistol
Because nobody used it. The base spread was already so high.

That's not to say I dislike it on automatic weapons.
>>
Also, to add onto >>333785153

>itt people whine about stuff that depended on the exact game mode

Y'all are hypocrites. Nobody calls 2 or 3 a bad game due to the specific settings of particular modes, they just call those particular modes shit, see SMG starts in 2.

yet with reach people whine about armor abilities and bloom and movement speed and jump heights even though those all depended on the game modes.

>>333785391
There are lore reasons behind certain ruins being stone or metal though, and reach's forerunner ruins were already touched upon pretty substantially in the lore prior to reach coming out.

>rusty

It makes zero sense for forerunner metal to ever look aged to begin with.
>>
>>333785627
It looked cool though. I remember the look of the halo ring in CE compared to the remastered version. The original looked imposing and realistic, there was something scary about it. Then in anniversary it was lit up like a fucking christmas tree and made of chrome
>>
>>333785356
>Nobody eve whines about bloom on the reach pistol or NR for example because it functioned fine on those because their values were correctly balanced.

Except this is wrong. The pistols default bloom was egregious, at max bloom the bullet could go basically anywhere it wanted and hitting someone with it was completely random, you didn't even have to be aiming at them. Nobody bothered complaining because the weapon was just straight garbage.

Bloom itself is not inherently bad on automatic weapons, but making precision weapons random in an arena shooter is absurd. It didn't balance any of them and effectively just made precision weapons fights unnecessarily random. Timing your shots isn't difficult either, so theres no mechanical benefit to having it. I don't want bloom in quake either, and the halo 3 BRs random spread at long range is the main reason halo 2 is better than halo 3.
>>
>>333785627
Certain things like slow movement acceleration can't be fixed.
>>
>>333783129

Crosshair wasn't in the center of the screen

What the honest fuck were they thinking
>>
**What went right?

Fixed that for you OP.
>>
>>333783576
>no "Halo" epic moments
Objective: Survive
>>
>>333785932
It's a Bungie thing. 2, 3, Reach, and even Destiny have crosshairs near the bottom of the screen.
4 did too, but 343 fixed it in 5.
>>
>>333785627
>yet with reach people whine about armor abilities and bloom and movement speed and jump heights even though those all depended on the game modes.

But those shit game settings were in every playlist. It wasn't until MLG came out that we had a not shit playlist, and we had to wait for The title update to fix a couple underlying mechanics issues like sword canceling/bloom.

Plus the game had slow movement acceleration regardless of settings and weird jumping.
>>
>>333785153
>Fuck off with your incorrect copypasta.
This is what a Reachfag does when they can't defend their game. Next this guy will leave the thread because I got the better of him. This always happens in every Halo thread I'm in.
>>
>>333786003
There were some great moments in reach. I kind of wish they hadn't retconned reach to be some sort of surprise attack though, I wanted a full on war with spartan IIs and both sides throwing everything they had at each other
>>
>>333786003
That and the "Long Night of Solace" are the only things good in that game.
>>
>>333783576
Yeah Halo 4 was pretty shit i had the MCC and i hardly ever played it.

Sold the console last week once i saw it had literally 0 more games i'd basically played them all and didnt even have it since 2013 lol Xbox one FLOP
>>
>>333786286
Too bad they spoiled the best part of the campaign at E3.
>>
File: tiredalien.jpg (8 KB, 412x314) Image search: [Google]
tiredalien.jpg
8 KB, 412x314
How come halo 5 is the only halo game with good weapon balance?

It's probably one of the most balanced shooters i've ever played in that department. In fact it would literally be perfect if they just made the AR benefit from bursting more/less from holding down the trigger and buffed the forerunner pistol & SMG
>>
>>333786176
Again, I'll respond to each point individually if you'll respond then back.

>>333786269
Reach didn't retcon anything.
>>
>>333783129
I had a lot of fun with Reach when it came out and for months after.

My biggest flaw is armor abilites, grenade launchers, and the armor designs looking 10 tiers above anything you'd see in Halo 1

But I guess CE fixed that
>>
When the Fuck is the PC getting ports of Halo 3 Reach 4 and 5?

played all of them except 5 many times
>>
If you think Halo Reach had better multiplayer than any Halo besides Halo 4 you need to kill yourself. I'm not even kidding.
>>
>>333786526
The AR is already really good at medium range.
They should buff the Magnum in some way. The difficulty:reward ratio if off balance when compared to the map pickups.
>>
File: 1421872120141.jpg (270 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1421872120141.jpg
270 KB, 1366x768
Too dark n grity
No colors
Stupid squad bullshit where your teamates go and kill enemies for you
No English aliens, no WOT WOT WOT
OC DONUT STEEL main character
Armor powerups were all retarded

What went right?
Pretty good story moments, even if it all ends up being because everyone has to die
Some decently nice levels, at least when you don't have to deal with your squad telling you to go on a linear path
The multiplayer had good forge and options, a shame 4 and 5 have failed to follow suit on the most important aspect of the series
It also had local co-op and shit

It's probably the second weakest in the series, CE being the worst Only because it's aged a LOT. It was the shit back in the day for me, but replaying it really shows its age and makes you realize how much better 2 was.

It's still a damn good console FPS, hell there isn't any better on PS3 or Wii.
>>
>>333786526
>buffed the forerunner pistol & SMG
lmao.
>>
>>333786526
Halo 4 actually had decent weapon balance after the title update they did for it. I had quit playing the game before that point but still.

CE has decent weapon balance too, but its sandbox is pretty simple.
>>
>>333786349
Does the ps4 have any good games? I play my 360 all the time and hardly touch my one
>>
>>333786269
They had that later on but pretty much only in Exodus, New Alexandria, and parts of Pillar of Autumn.

I was so flabbergasted with Tip of the Spear.
>opening cutscene with 30 hogs charging forward
>HOLY SHIT THIS IS AWESOME
>oh nevermind we get separated from everyone while they have the big awesome fight against 3 scarabs
>T-Thanks Bungie
>>
>>333786610
Retconned the book "the fall of reach"
>>
>>333786692
>The AR is already really good at medium range.

It is, but my point is as of now, simply holding down the trigger is way more effective then it should be, wheras accurate short burts are rarely worth doing. I loved how in the beta that accurate fire with the AR was rewarded properly.

It's probably because the headshot bonus was removed from shields, so it only applies after the shields break in the final game.

>>333786705
Are you seriously implying they aren't the only weapons in the game that aren't roughly on par with the rest of the sandbox?
>>
>343 somehow managed to make Halo 5's story worse than Halo 4's

I didn't think it could be done.
>>
>>333786780
That cock tease right there was almost my tipping point. I was like WTF I thought I was really going to war only to see the war take place in the background. The mission after this one was the only reason I continued the campaign until the end.
>>
>>333786964
except the journal that came with Reach's limited and legendary editions explained how it actually didn't conflict with tFoR. everything that occurs in tFoR is still canon from the perspectives it's told from.
>>
>>333786754
Not any that are out yet and dev studios are getting closed down left and right.

I'd dare say its sonys last console as they have basically 0 exclusives for it that are actually out and worth playing

Uncharted 4 maybe but its more of the same if you played TloU and all the others theres no point.

Just watch the stream like everyone else.

Also the controller is absolutely horrid.

Its like all the worst things about the DS3 except the lightbar on the back is annoying as fuck and triggers still shit in fact the whole controller is horrid
>>
>>333786964
Not that guy, but who fucking cares? If some shitty books get in the way of the games, then by all means retcon them to hell and back.
>>
File: 1457581839481.png (13 KB, 418x359) Image search: [Google]
1457581839481.png
13 KB, 418x359
>>333786703

>that ridiculous concept art compared to how shitty destiny actually was

oohhhh, bungie
>>
>>333786991
Tap firing while scoped in is incredibly viable on the AR. The weapon wasn't designed to be used at long range, though.
>>
>>333787095
>the journal
Oh boy here comes this meme again.
>>
>>333786703
>putting 4 above Reach

Stop it.
>>
>>333787095
That was a cop out. In the game, the covenant jumped out of nowhere and humanity wasn't ready. In the book they had been preparing for an attack
>>
360 got RRoD for the 6th time.
>>
>>333787110
except the book is good and the game is bad
>>
>>333787109
Why is this gen so shit
>>
>>333783576
nah it was good
>>
>>333786991
You meant the normal SMG right? Not "forerunner SMG" (as in the Suppresor)? Because the regular SMG absolutely wrecks shit, it's great at clearing bases. The forerunner pistol is also pretty good. It's kills slower than some weapons but you barely have to aim so you can strafe and jump very boisterously while shooting. I've never had any trouble using either of them and indeed, I use the SMG loads because of how good it is.
>>
>>333787110
Because it was fucking dumb
Literally nearly every spartan 2 died on reach (I don't know when it was changed from being literally everyone except chief) and we don't see any of that, just these asspull call of duty Spartans
>>
Nothing it was fine, its just faggots decided to make the novel """""""""""Canon"""""""""""" and it fucked everything up. It also didn't help that 343 like fucking retards decided to follow the books in to the new saga.
>>
>>333786780
My thoughts exactly, tip of the spear's intro was just a massive cocktease. I dont know if it was console limitations or time contraints but the scope of the missions in reach were really lame. Some recon, some more recon, a little scuffle here and there, an admittedly cool space jet segment, and then evac, a sword base rehash level, despair, the end. You can tell that they put alot of effort to make the game but the way it all came together was just not amazing.
>>
>>333787190
4 is probably barely above Reach, though maybe about even. Hard to say because neither of them really feel like a Halo game. 4 is pretty good outside of the obvious and annoying padding in the Promethean areas of shiny metal shit, which is cool in small doses.
>>
>>333786991
>It is, but my point is as of now, simply holding down the trigger is way more effective then it should be,
Are we talking in terms of bullets hit or kill times? Because on either account the AR needs a buff. The kill times are still too close to the headshot weapon kill times to really punish the use of mid-long range weaponry in close range, and you can actually have your crosshair on the player and not hit because of the bullet spread.
>>
>>333787674
Are you talking solely about campaign? I'm talking more about the multiplayer.
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 300x224) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 300x224
>there will never be a truly great halo again
>>
Remember when?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKkUq4UvBWk
>tfw trailer is better than the game
>>
>>333787684
The AR's killtime is significantly shorter than the rifles, especially when aiming for the head or factoring in the ridiculous melee lunge in 5. It's also easymode to aim.
>>
>>333787540
>its just faggots decided to make the novel """""""""""Canon""""""""""""
Who the fuck would have thought it was non-canon? It was an official book, and was the only real source of backstory to the game. Hell, it came out before the game.
>>
Can someone explain to me the distinction between armor and health in Halo 5?
>>
>>333787048
>>333786780
They had bigger plans for it but apparently they couldn't get it to work, watch:

https://youtu.be/HfW-S6BKqIs?t=74

The only sign of that sort of thing in the final game is the aformentioned hog cutscene and the one part in PoA where the scarabs and drop pods all fall out of the sky around you as you are racing past in the moongose, which was actually probably one of my all time favorite moments in the whole series.

>>333787183
>>333787287
I say it's a cop out to say it's a cop out; the complaint is that it conflicts with this extra supplementary piece of reading that wasn't required to understand ce, but here you are saying

>b-but the journal is an extra supplemntary piece of reading that isn't required to understand H:R, that doesn't count!

>the covenant jumped out of nowhere and humanity wasn't ready. In the book they had been preparing for an attack

You aren't remembering the novel really well, that's not what happened. Nonetheless, I do agree that the specifics of the battle timeline is the most ergergious conflict and the explanation provided for how it's not a retcon; which is that the first half of H:R takes place before the fleet in slipspace is spotted in tFoR; which is the fleet that then jumps in after jorge sacrifices himself; with everything up to that point having been a scouting fleet that ONI somehow kept under wraps from Reach's military and general public.

THAT specific explanation i'll agree is a cop out (in fact, that was only explained years after the game and journal came out); but the rest I think are fine.

A non cop out explanation would just be that the crystal from first strike caused the timeline difference
>>
>>333787894
What don't you understand about it?
>>
File: 134418906958.jpg (167 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
134418906958.jpg
167 KB, 960x544
>>333787823
>that one guy who's probably trying to evacuate civilians
Marines had it hard in Halo, brave folks, everyone.
>>
>>333787852
"Significantly" shorter is just completely wrong, going head to head with a headshot weapon will leave you with low to no shields. It's a small enough gap that, with connections factored in, a battle of the 2 could go either way. The headshot bonus only applies once a players shields are broken, and to my knowledge gives single digit shorter kill times. I honestly think the melee range in 5 is just a problem with how connections are handled, sometimes I can't melee someone that's right in front of me, sometimes I can melee someone right after a spartan charge, it seems very random. The aiming for the AR is less easy mode than headshot weapons, the aim assist and magnetism present on the headshot weapons are much, much higher than on the autos.
>>
>>333787984
Man everything there looks so much better than what we got. Except maybe character boarding, that's kind of silly and would make strong enemies a lot weaker.
>That global battle
MY DICK
>>
>>333788017
What is the difference? It seems to just be one continuous thing since health just recharges.
>>
>>333788221
What exactly was global battle meant to be? I've known about this video for ages and never got it
>>
>>333787762
Then 4 is definitely way better than Reach. The sandbox balance isn't as terrible, theres a little less auto-aim/bullet magnetism, the maps are better, the movement feels better. The spawning system for players is better.

Its still not great but its like a solid 6. Whereas I would put default reach at like a 3. The only reason I even touched the game before ZBNS MLG/Anniversary was Invasion. I'm a competitive player so your mileage may vary but for me default Reach did nothing but aggravate me.
>>
File: 1440300386327.jpg (49 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1440300386327.jpg
49 KB, 400x400
>>333783129
Armor abilities
>>
>>333788262
Some weapons do higher damage to shields than health. In previous games the opposite was also true, but I'm truthfully not sure in 5.
Health regenerates slower than shields, and you can only take headshot damage without shields. The Sniper is the obvious exception to this rule.
>>
>>333788286
Just seemed like a fuckhuge battle that you were part of. Like if the vehicle fight during Tip of the Spear was happening all around you instead of just being background scenery.

Looked totally rad.
>>
>>333787449
No, I meant the bolshot and suppersor, ie forerunner(pistol and SMG), not Forerunner pistol, and SMG. I'm well aware the UNSC SMG is damn near a power weapon

>>333787684
I mean that it's too easy to kill with the AR by holding the trigger down, and people who are actually bothering to burst and be accurate are being put at a disadvantage by doing so rather then just holding it down, which is the opposite of how it should be: Bursting should lead to the best performance because it takes more skill.

What they should do is reduce the base bullet damage for the AR by like 15%, but make the headshot bonus apply on shields as well, while making said bonus scale with spread so accidental headshots while just spraying and praying don't count.

This way, a player who can consistently land headshots while bursting will kill around 30% faster then if you didn't land headshots now, but a player who isn't landing consistent headshots with it and is just spraying will be killing 15% slower then now.
>>
>>333788219
>going head to head with a headshot weapon will leave you with low to no shields
And will probably leave them dead. If you aren't playing in a vaccuum, the AR is much more difficult to strafe away from than other weapons. I have killed Magnum and BR users just by out maneuvering them.

>The aiming for the AR is less easy mode than headshot weapons, the aim assist and magnetism present on the headshot weapons are much, much higher than on the autos.
It's objectively not, due to the spread cone of automatics, their giant reticles, and higher rates of fire that punish missing shots much less.
>>
>>333783129
Halo Reach is a bad game is the worst meme

I think some sony nigger is getting paid because every day there is the same thread
>>
>>333788352
The main thing holding H4 back was the lack of descope when taking damage.
>>
>>333788352
The addition of custom classes ruin everything, though. Unlockable weapons, being able to spawn with what amounted to a smaller shotgun, unlockable perks, see through walls vision, the removal of descoping, the elongation of maps to accommodate sprint, none of it was Halo and was very off putting.
>The only reason I even touched the game before ZBNS MLG/Anniversary was Invasion
Did you actually play ZBNS? Shit was so broken and imbalanced it wasn't even funny.
>>
>>333788725
No more imbalanced than regular Reach.
>>
>>333783282
There actually was
>>
>>333788605
The campaign was undeniably disapointing, and the multiplayer was a garbage fire it's entire life.
>>
Let's play a fun game:

How old were you when Reach was released? (that would be September, 2010)
How would you rate it on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the highest rating?

>24
>6
>>
>>333788494
Would we also want to apply this disadvantage to people that spray and pray with headshot weapons and the like? If we're going to turn up the damage on headshots would that include an increase on the aim assist to the head?
>>
>Make a big deal about invasion
>Only two maps

Fuck you and also fuck you for changing the invasion team colours from green vs purple to red vs blue.
>>
>>333788863
>17
>5

I'd give post-patch a solid C.
>>
>>333788385
In 5 health at least in terms of regeneration is basically just an extension of your shields; your health fully recovers like 2 seconds after your shields do, don't know if the whole plasma/bullet subsystem is still there though.

I wish it went back to how it was in reach where you had pips, and your health could recover inside the pip but not outside without a healthpack

>>333788602
>It's objectively not, due to the spread cone of automatics, their giant reticles, and higher rates of fire that punish missing shots much less.

He probably means "when bursting", in which case he's right. Also, currently (unless they changed it back to how it was in the beta) headshots don't count on automatics anyways if the other guy has shields.

Which is why I wish they would do what I suggest here: >>333788494 which makes it so spray and pray scrubs do worse but people who do burst and can actually land consistent headshots with the AR get rewarded since it's actually pretty challenging.

>>333788725
I actually thought load outs in 4 could be fun occasionally, it just shouldn't have been the default and should have been it's own shits and giggles mode. Ordinance though was never fun though.

>>333788940
Not sure I understand either of your questions?
>>
>>333788725
ZBNS was perfectly fine because the kill times didn't change, the just became a consistent 1.6 seconds. Thats actually longer than halo 2 and about on par with halo 3's 4shot. The non-precision weapons in default Reach are worthless, and they aren't even in ZBNS MLG, so theres no difference.

All the superfluous shit that got added was able to be turned off by default in 4 and the underlying base mechanics are a straight, if minor, upgrade from reach, minus descoping.
>>
This was my favorite Halo stop it guys!
>>
>>333789121
>don't know if the whole plasma/bullet subsystem is still there though.
It's at least there on the PP and Storm Rifle.
>>
File: 1341622066216.png (15 KB, 178x178) Image search: [Google]
1341622066216.png
15 KB, 178x178
Halo Reach was the best one in the series though..

No I'm not kidding, I loved it to death and will always miss the fun I had during its peak
>>
>>333789319

Cool, how old were you when it was released?

You can be honest, buddy. This is an anonymous board.
>>
>>333788602
>And will probably leave them dead. If you aren't playing in a vaccuum, the AR is much more difficult to strafe away from than other weapons. I have killed Magnum and BR users just by out maneuvering them.
I specifically mentioned the connection factor, meaning I'm not playing in a vacuum. The difference in kill time factored in with the decent at best bullet registration leads to many situations where you just can't punish people.
>It's objectively not, due to the spread cone of automatics, their giant reticles, and higher rates of fire that punish missing shots much less.
Have you ever tested the bullet magnatism and aim assist on headshot weapons? You can hit someone that is pretty much entirely outside of the crosshair, then there's the fact that bullets have a habit of following a player through a thrust, and how sticky the crosshair is to a player is just much more aggressive with headshot weapons. None of these happen with the autos, to the point where you can actually miss players even when you have the crosshair on them because of the spread.
>>
>>333788863
I'd say a 7 maybe
>>
>>333788863
>22
>8
>>
lolreach
>>
>>333789416
>None of these happen with the autos
The sticky reticle does.

Automatic weapons are mostly fine in this game, anyone who thinks they are underpowered is doing it wrong.
>>
>>333788807
The Needle rifle became a death ray, and the pistol/dmr were much more powerful than their normal counterparts. Headhshot weapons dominated even close range, the autos just couldn't compete with a pistol or needle rifle close range. It may have been because of the bleedthrough present on the headshot weapons, but its been a while and I can't remember. If you honestly think Zero Bloom was as balanced as the base game then i don't think you played it that much.
>>
>>333789407
>September 14, 2010

16, whew
>>
File: 1457221830933.png (208 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1457221830933.png
208 KB, 500x500
>>333783576
>arcade firefight
>bad
>>
>>333789652
>Headhshot weapons dominated even close range
This happened with bloom, too.
>>
File: 1456378194933.jpg (20 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
1456378194933.jpg
20 KB, 255x255
>>333789407
>reach was 6 years ago
>>
>>333789121
>Not sure I understand either of your questions?
There's a decent amount of head aim assist on the headshot weapons, go ahead and try to aim at someone's head using an auto and compare it to aiming at someone's head using a headshot weapon. You'll have a much tougher time with the auto.
>>
>>333788863
>26
>8
>>
>>333789594
>The sticky reticle does.
Not nearly to the same effect.
>Automatic weapons are mostly fine in this game, anyone who thinks they are underpowered is doing it wrong.
We're moving in the right direction, the SMG is where the AR should be.
>>
>>333789652
>Headhshot weapons dominated even close range, the autos just couldn't compete with a pistol or needle rifle close range

Except this is how it is in default reach too. The DMR has a 1.6 second kill time and the AR has ~1.9 second kill time, meaning it always loses no matter what.

The sandbox balance was garbage and I never missed the automatic weapons playing MLG because they were worthless.
>>
>>333788863
>20
>8

I still play the SP yearly. Dat atmosphere and setting doe.
But as other anons have mentioned the armour abilities imbalance and big set piece battles cock tease disappointed me.
>>
File: 1456556365304.png (177 KB, 316x321) Image search: [Google]
1456556365304.png
177 KB, 316x321
>>333789775

>there have been two halo games released since
>destiny 2 might drop this year
>>
>>333789878
>Not nearly to the same effect.
Yeah, it's more powerful because the reticle is so much larger in comparison to precision weapons.

>We're moving in the right direction, the SMG is where the AR should be.
They fill different roles. The SMG is great for touching distance but the AR is able to more-reliably take care of rifles. You also spawn with it.
>>
>>333789963
You could at least put up a fight with an auto in base Reach, the same can't be said with Zero Bloom.
> I never missed the automatic weapons playing MLG because they were worthless.
No, MLG just always had an irrational hatred for autos in 3 and Reach.
>>
>>333783637
>I can't defend my point so i make personal attacks

lol get a load of this fag
>>
It was better than 3 and odst which made the halo 3 millenials upset
>>
>>333790012
>Destiny 2 this year
Wait really I thought that game was meant to have a long life? Did they really shit the bed or something?
>>
>>333790126
What would he be defending it from? Someone repeating his statement and posting a picture? You haven't made a criticism.
>>
>>333788863
>>333789006
>>333789432
>>333789582
>>333789670
>>333789876
>>333789965

>16
>9.5/10

But that doesn't mean much, i'd also give halo 4 a 8/10 for rerfence. people calling either reach or 4 are being spoiled idiots, they just aren't as good as other halo games in many ways, they are still way above par compared to other vidya. Also It's bullshit to try to score a halo game just with 1 score or even just SP and MP seperate due to how many ways to play each game there are. There's the campaigns, there's normal MP, there's customs, forge, firefight, spartan ops, etc.

Gonna go full autist here:

>Story/Writing:
Reach is a 7/10. For reference, halo 2 is a 9/10, 3 is a 7.5/10, ODST is an 8/10

>Campaign missions
8/10. For reference, 2 is a 9/10, ODST is an 8.5/10, and 3 is a 8/10

>Atmosphere
9/10. For reference, ODST is a 10/10, Ce is a 8.5/10

>Music
8.5/10. Ce, 2, and 3 are all 10/10's, ODST IMO has the best OST of any video game so 12/10 I guess?

>Default MP (MM settings)
7/10, 6.5 post TU. For reference, 3 is an 9/10, 2 and 5 are 9.8/10's, 4 is a 6/10

>MP maps
5/10, for reference, ce and 2 are 9/10's, 3 and 4 are 7.75/10's, 5 is a 8.4/10

>Amount of content/Modularity
10/10. Reach has probably the most content of any FPS ever not counting mods. for reference, ce is a 6.5/10, 2 is a 7.5/10, 3 and 4 are 9/10's,

>Weapon balance
7.5/10, for reference, ce is a 7/10, 2 and 3 are both 4/10's, 4 is 5.5/10, 5 is a 9/10
>>
>>333789963
>I never missed the automatic weapons playing MLG because they were worthless.
>he didn't like the focus rifle and spiker

>>333790125
>irrational hatred
They were always removed because they never did anything to improve the game. In 3 & Reach, the autos were weak to the point of uselessness, and would always lose to a precision weapon under equal conditions.

Not to say MLG is perfect(3 Midships in H3), but there's nothing wrong with consolidating the weapon set.
>>
What went wrong?
>>
Am I the only one who was really disappointed we only saw the one team of Spartans? Far cry from the book where every Spartan 2 available was fighting on the planet.

The least they could have done is give us a glimpse of one of the other Spartan 3 teams that were mentioned in the game, that would have been cool.
>>
>>333790070
But outside of touching distance the AR can be outclassed by headshot weapons because of the poor bullet registration, it needs a slightly faster kill time.
>>
>>333790125
>You could at least put up a fight with an auto in base Reach, the same can't be said with Zero Bloom.

No, unless the person you were playing against simply misses, you always lose. The kill times don't lie. Bloom wasn't a factor at ranges automatic weapons were used at so removing it does not effect their place in the sandbox, they're just straight terrible.

I wouldn't be adverse to buffing them like Halo 5 did but given the sanbox you have to work with in reach cutting off the excess useless weapons so you can have functional halo gameplay is a fine tradeoff.
>>
>>333790012
>>333790251
Bungie outright stated that it's coming in 2017.
>>
>>333790434
Poor shot registration effects precision weapons more than automatics.
>>
Balance is overrated.

Fuck you I said it.

>battlefront
>wah hoth is too essy for empire
ITS SUPPOSED TO BE
>>
>>333790251

The franchise is supposed to have a long life. The individual games are supposed to have a 2-3 year lifespan.

But to answer your question, yeah. They shit the bed. They shit the fuck out of the bed. We've been having semi-daily "hurr durr reach is bad" threads for six years, and it leads to a lot of spirited debate, which is probably a good clue that the game isn't actually all that bad.

There's not a lot of debate about Destiny, though. Most people dropped it after a few months, and the diehard fans are the saltiest fucks on the internet.
>>
>>333790345
Autos were good for catching players in close quarters with mid-long range weapons. A 6 shot+melee was the smart thing to do in close range, there's no reason to not at least include an auto on the map aside from the fact that most MLG players found the AR to be triggering.
>>
>>333789784
>You'll have a much tougher time with the auto.

Right, which is why I am saying if you can consistently get headshots with an automatic weapon you should damn well be rewarded for it.

>>333790375
Other spartan teams are mentioned in the campaign and you can even hear them over the radio a few times and in the MP maps; and you do see a few of their dead bodies in Lone Wolf.
>>
>>333790352
Literally everything outside of VoG.
>>333790498
Not really, bullet registration is a lot better on headshot weapons from my experience. You can consistently get a 4 shot BR kill in online, the same can't be said for the 16(?) shot kill with an AR.
>>
>>333790589
>there's no reason to not at least include an auto on the map
No reason to include it, either. Sorry you get triggered when fanmade settings don't include every single weapon on every single map.
>>
>>333790647
Yeah but aside from the randomly generated bodies (which barely count) that's all you get Wish there could have been at least one glimpse of them alive and kicking in a cutscene or some shit somewhere.

Didn't know they were in the radio transmissions though, neat.
>>
>>333790760
No reason to include anything outside of the BR with that mindset.
>>
>>333790736
>Not really
Yes really, it's plain and simple logic. One weapon has more of a delay between each time it deals damage, so a shot not registering is punished to a far greater extent than a weapon that fires almost immediately after the previous shot.
>>
>>333790352

Bungie is a small time developer that overextended themselves.
>>
>>333790834
Rockets, Sniper Rifles, and the occasional Shotgun provide incentive to control the map and keep the enemy from taking those weapons for themselves.

Carbines and Needle Rifles give a fallback if you run out of ammo and need to clean someone up quickly. No reason to clutter maps up further with weapons nobody will ever use.
>>
>>333787984
>Global battles
This hurts so much.:(

>>333788352
>>333788708
>>333788850
>>333788807
This
>>
>>333790834
Honestly outside power weapons and pseudo power weapons there really isn't, at least not in Halo 2/3/Reach/4. They aren't interesting to use because they're all very samey minus the Plasma pistol. Nobody EVER uses them unless they're dicking around.

They need to give them unique mechanics like the CE Plasma Rifle slowing turn speed and cut way down on the number of them.
>>
>>333791261
4's AR was pretty good and worth picking up. Not the kind of weapon you would go out of your way for, but something worth putting in your pocket if you walk over one.
>>
>>333783129

Kat died.
>>
>>333790940
So you're just going to ignore my point of 4 shotting being more consistent than 16 shotting?
>>
>>333783129
It was completely different to any halo game.

Halo 4 fixed a lot of the mistakes that reach created and actually improved on in some area's with their new systems and brought back some of the oldie but goldies from halo 2.
>>
>>333783129
I'm not a Halo oldfag so I would know but the Music its pretty dope.

Why does Halo has the best music in gaming?

B A S E D M A R T Y
>>
>>333783129
>What went wrong?
possibly everything. it's the worst one next to 4. 5 is only slightly better. it all depends on if you think armor lock is worse than wall hacks
>>
>>333792571

i liked the music in 4 and 5 more
though CE still had the best soundtrack
>>
>>333792571
>Bungie fired Marty
RIP Bungie clearly not the company we used to know.
>>
>>333792936

>Staten quit
>Ryan quit
>CJ Cowan quit
>>
>>333793551
>Hardy LeBel quit
>>
I really should read fall of reach again, I miss Nylund.
>>
>>333783129
I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you didn't like this game then you literally don't have friends.
>>
>>333794768
If you did actually like this game you were never much of a Halo fan to begin with.
>>
>>333794768
>game is good when you have friends to dull the shittiness
Well you don't say.
I'll tell you though even the power of friendship couldn't save reach.
>>
File: 1450714374366.gif (196 KB, 264x269) Image search: [Google]
1450714374366.gif
196 KB, 264x269
Man fuck you /v/

I see 'what went wrong' and I think 'ha this bait post is going to bring the wrath of 4chan' and then a bunch of people agreeing with it.

Bought Halo CE when I was 14, read all the novels, played all the games... and Reach is still my second favourite only behind 3. Do I actually have shit taste?
>>
>>333795619
Its okay anon, your not the one with shit taste, its me. I play destiny regularly
>>
>>333783576
>terrible campaign

stopped right there

you can't expect me to read any of your shit when you flat out lie in the first point.
>>
>>333795619
Nah, most of the complaints are coming from nostagia fags or people who were upset that they changed a bunch of stuff. Could Halo Reach have been better? Sure. Was it awful? No.
>>
>>333795959
I'd believe it. Reach's campaign was either really bad or really convincing propaganda on why spartan 3's are fucking lame.
>>
>>333794947
Not that anon, but I find it's more of a half and half. I enjoyed certain aspects of Reach (i.e Half the campaign and Forge) but the weapon balance and the fact that literally all maps were created in Forge threw me off it quite fast. I wouldn't say I hated Reach though, it was pretty fun.
>>
>>333796273
People keep saying the campaign sucked, but the level design on most were quite solid.
>Tip of the Spear
>Long Night of Solace
>New Alexandria
>Sword Base
>Nightfall

Most of the arguments are just people mad about the multiplayer but the enemy AI in the campaign was and still is some of the best till date in a Halo game.
>>
>>333783129
>tfw SWAT and infection were my favorite mode
>>
File: jorge says goodbye.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
jorge says goodbye.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>333783129
Halo: Reach was fucking great though, probably the most fun co-op campaign of the series plus the armor customization was fucking amazing.
I just wish the story was a bit longer and the forge mode a bit more fleshed out.
>>
>>333783576
>Terrible campaign

It was quite likeable in my opinion. You had your own guy, you felt like you belonged. Some members of Noble Team were more interestibg than others, but just throwing hate here without anything backing it up just make you look stupid.
>>
>>333783576
DAILY REMINDER BUNGIE DID THIS ON PURPOSE TO FUCK 343 PRODUCTIONS IN THE LONG RUN
>>
>>333783576
Half of these are dead one. The other half are just shoehorned for the sake of hating the game.
>>
File: 1405708005107.jpg (13 KB, 300x312) Image search: [Google]
1405708005107.jpg
13 KB, 300x312
>>333783129
How about you all niggers stop being such a huge bunch of faggots and get to actually play the game. I can host some custom games if anybody wants to play, my GT is ramon3009v so anybody that wants to play, pls respond.
>>
>>333797343
I still have trouble seeing Nathan in Butch's face in ODST.
>>
>>333783129
probably the most fun multiplayer with all the custom games and stuff
the campaign was cool, and i loved firefight
armor abilities caused controversy but i liked them in Halo Reach. it gave people a specific niche role in multiplayer.

>>333783510
kinda true
>>
>>333784206
halo 3 was my favorite imo
i can't seem to figure out how to install halo online because i'm a fucking retard
>>
>>333797343
Come on, anyone here wants to play videogames? Like Halo Reach?
>>
File: Halo 4 multiplayer is good.jpg (186 KB, 1423x503) Image search: [Google]
Halo 4 multiplayer is good.jpg
186 KB, 1423x503
>>333783303
This 2bh. Reach may have been the start of the fall because of some things that went away from the core Halo gameplay, but 4 was just a blatant "we want the cowaduty audience" and 5 is even worse. And Halofags defended 343i and won't admit the series is done.
>>
>>333796704
I'm the anon you commented on about the terrible campaign.
>Tip of the Spear
>Sword Base
>Nightfall
Stop, Sword Base and Nightfall were just shit versions of The Silent Cartographer and Truth and Reconciliation

>New Alexandria
This mission could've been better if Bungie would have gave players complete freedom.

>Long Night of Solace
The only good level in your list.
>>
>>333797171
>Half of these are dead one. The other half are just shoehorned for the sake of hating the game.
But pretty much all of this is true though.
>>
>>333799404
Nah, he's right.

A good chunk of the guy's problems came from his own opinions on the game.
>>
>>333783576
>>terrible campaign
stopped reading there

have the (you) you wanted
>>
>>333797343
I want to, but it's just not going to happen.

There is no way there is 14 other people here that would play with us.
>>
File: 640px-Reach_concept_HAZOP.jpg (32 KB, 640x370) Image search: [Google]
640px-Reach_concept_HAZOP.jpg
32 KB, 640x370
>>333800042
I fucking would if I had my xbox anywhere near me.

Post your fav helmet lads.
>>
>>333792936
>>333792571
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/135470902/echoes-of-the-first-dreamer/

Marty is doing a kickstarter, has less then 2 days to go and 500$ left.
>>
>Halo 3 will NEVER come to PC
>You will never ever get to play custom games again
>You will never show /v/'s nonbelievers the awesome fun that can be had
>They will never give Halo 3 PC the armor customization of Reach
>They will never give Halo 3 PC the forging power of Halo 5
>There will never BE a Halo 3 PC
>No more Duck Hunt
>No more Jenga
>No more Tetris
>No more Fat Kid
>No more Ice Cream Man
>No more Halo on Halo
>No more Drive or Die
>No more Ghostbusters
>No more Avalanche
>No more Trash Compactor
>No more Garbage Day
>No more Sacrifice
>No more Indiana Jones

so should i kill myself now or after i get my lasagna out of the oven
>>
>>333798703
>5 is worse than 4 and Reach

I bet you hated any kind of non-casual matches or modes.
>>
>>333799325
>it's bad because I said so

Sword Base wasn't even trying to be Silent Cartographer so I don't know why you would draw that comparison. It is inferior to SC but it's a good level on its own. Nightfall is just a straight recon mission which is just fine. T&R is better but that doesn't mean Nightfall wasn't pretty good on its own.
>Sneak
>Get to see crazy Reach monsters get angry at night and kill grunts
>Good use of night vision and neat firefights with the local farmers
I really don't see what the problem is

I agree with your point on New Alexandria though, I wish it were more open than what they gave us.
>>
>>333797150
It definitely worked
>>
File: 1425453451835.jpg (143 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1425453451835.jpg
143 KB, 1920x1080
>>333800042
I have two people already that may play, with you, that makes us four, maybe there is other anons here that may want to play, but its up to them to post. And if we dont get enough, then we can search others in matchmaking, I always do that.
>>333800416
>Halo 3 will NEVER come to PC
You are technically wrong.
>No more Duck Hunt
>No more Jenga
>No more Tetris
>No more Fat Kid
>No more Ice Cream Man
>No more Halo on Halo
>No more Drive or Die
>No more Ghostbusters
>No more Avalanche
>No more Trash Compactor
>No more Garbage Day
>No more Sacrifice
>No more Indiana Jones
You know we can play all of that in Reach right now, right anon? I at least have Duck Hunt, Jenga, Tetris, 20 versions of Fat Kid, Ice cream man, Halo, Drive or die, Ghostbusters, Avalanche, Trash compactor, Indiana Jones and more is all on Reach and you could play it right now.
>>
>>333800416
>no more Fiesta
>no more Forge battles
>no more vetoing a map and getting stuck with fucking Isolation
>no more accidentally splasering two or three guys at once
>no more getting tossed from an explosion while driving and splattering a guy out of nowhere
>>
>>333798703
How is 5's MP holding up population wise now? I stopped playing when I found the ranking system was fucked and literally everyone is Gold+
>>
>>333783129
it got mad hate because it wasn't The Fall of Reach: The Game

i still liked it tho
>>
>>333786703

>but replaying it really shows its age and makes you realize how much better 2 was.

Funny, I have the exact opposite experience.
>>
>>333787674
Halo 4 forever fucked the cool designs of Forerunner structures and I will never forgive it.
>>
>>333798703
5 is absolutely not worse then 5.

It may have more core mechanical changes then 4 sure but it stays closer to the spirit of halo then 4 did in many ways and more impotantly, it feels like old ce and 2 style gameplay then even 3 did.

>>333800531
>tfw I got though the whole first section of nightfall up to the gueta counter while taking down every enemy without being spotted on legendary

Litterally hours of waiting for enemy walk cycles to line up right, assassinating them, then diving back into cover, repeating.

>>333800834
Not him, but I totally agree with him. ce has aged terribly, especially in SP. It without a doubt has the worst campaign in the series. It's still a good game but just relative to the other halo games it's not up to par.
>>
So why did people not like the CE Anniversary remake? Was it too colorful?
>>
>>333801000
>5 is absolutely not worse then 5.
... Correct?
>>
>>333801000
>>333786703
CE's campaign isn't dated at all, in fact I'd say it's still one of the best alongside ODST. The way levels are designed are great and the levels are actually lengthy unlike some of the more recent Halo campaigns.
>>
>>333799968
Of course you did Reachfag, the campaign was boring as sin.

>>333799773
Pretty much a chunk of those problems were major problems that the community hated. Just because you Reachfags like to ignore how shit Reach was because you mentally think it was made by Halos 1-3 Bungie, when the reality was that it was made by the same Bungie that made Destiny.
>>
>>333795619
As long as you recognize 4 and 5 are utter garbage.
>>
>>333800416
>armor customization of Reach

I fucking hated the obnoxious effects. Halo 3 had the best customization.
>>
>>333800531
>Sneak
You snipe an Elite everyone comes after you. Even when you are in camo they still dodge your shots.

>Get to see crazy Reach monsters get angry at night and kill grunts
You only see two the entire game.

>Good use of night vision and neat firefights with the local farmers
Had to use it for the entire mission; the farmers were useless meat shields that died like fodder

>Sword Base wasn't even trying to be Silent Cartographer so I don't know why you would draw that comparison.
The mission is a circular island that's why I drew comparisons.
>>
>>333795619

People from /v/ exaggerate shit WAY too much. Something is either perfect or utter dog shit.

Reach has incredible enemy and armor design. The AI is the best in the series (enemy at least. Fucking Kat god damn it). The maps that they actually made and weren't just silvery forerunner shit were super well designed. That elites vs. spartans mode was really fucking fun. It improved forge tremendously and sent the series out with a bang. Not to mention that, for all their one-noteness, seeing all of noble team bit it did strike a chord with me.

Does it have problems, yeah, but it's still a great game.

4 and 5 suck fat fucking cock though.
>>
>>333802001
This
>>
>>333802001
So don't equip the effects? Reach had better customization than 3.
>>
>>333801190
Most of the levels are way too cooridory, and the ones that do have a lot of outdoor areas are almost too big and are too empty for their own good. You literally drive for like 3 mins straight in mission 2 from battle area to battle area with nothing going on.

The latter missions reuse a ton of environments from the first half of the game, and there's not enough enemy and sandbox variety to keep stuff interesting. The story is also very barebones compared to later titles and especially 2 which is just stuffed with lore.
>>
File: 5s6JpgY.gif (2 MB, 186x170) Image search: [Google]
5s6JpgY.gif
2 MB, 186x170
>>333802001
That's why I said Armor Customization. You can't deny all the stuff you could do with the armor was amazing. There were so many different options, all those leg parts, or little data pads, or even robotic arms- shit was fucking awesome.

Really the one problem with it is that it wasn't either A) all unlocked from the get-go, or B) all unlocked through relatively-easy singleplayer stuff or achievements.

I FUCKING HATE LEVELING FOR ARMOR SO FUCKING MUCH. IT'S SO STUPID. IT MAKES EVERYONE LOOK THE SAME WHEN YOU MAKE ONE PIECE OF ARMOR SUDDENLY 'WORTH MORE' THAN ANOTHER PIECE, AND EVERYONE WANTS THE ONE THAT COSTS THE MOST, EVEN IF IT DOESN'T LOOK THE BEST. NOT TO MENTION YOU MADE SOME OF THOSE SO GODDAMN EXPENSIVE NO ONE WOULD EVER GET THEM. YOU HAD TO PLAY LIKE A MILLION FUCKING HOURS OF MATCHMAKING TO GET SOME OF THE GOOD ARMOR, EVEN IF YOU ONLY WANTED TO PLAY CUSTOMS. FUCK THAT. FUCK YOU BUNGIE. GOD DAMN IT.
>>
Didn't follow the book
DMR was terrible until they patched it
Still using a shitty engine that deals with lag by massively delaying your button inputs in any mode with AI (Firefight or Campaign)
Gritty artstyle which is inferior to 3 and ODST's more vibrant look
Loadouts with armor powerups was a terrible idea compared to picking up equipment
Maps weren't nearly as inspired as the previous games

Still had my fun with the game but it was a bad way to end the Bungie era of Halo.
>>
>>333802158
>make a post about how /v/ and people exaggerate shit
>procedes to do just that with 4 and 5.

4's campaign missions and MP maps are about as good as 3's. It has more content, modularity and better forge then 3 as well though not as much as reach. 4's only real problems were the story, which is actually as bad as people say, and the fact that the MP had ordiance and loadouts and shit as the default.

At worst 4 is still an 8/10 game.

5 meanwhile has the second weakest camapign in the series and a uneventful story (but not actually egregiously bad like 4's), and suffers from a low amount of content (which has bee getting better due to free monthly updates which have honestly done more then anythng bungie or 343 has done before, adding whole new modes, not just gametypes, and overhauling stuff like he emblem system and adding morre colors to use in customization) but the core gameplay mechanics and MP level design are arguably the best since 2, and it without question has the best weapon balance the franchise has ever seen, which has lead to it having fantastic multiplayer.

So, i'd say 5 ranges from a 7.5/10 if you primarily play SP or locally, but is a 9.5/10 if you do a lot of matchmaking
>>
File: super science.jpg (24 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
super science.jpg
24 KB, 640x480
>half the thread says the TU made it shit
>other half says the TU made it less shit
>>
>>333800416
why cant you play all those game modes right now? Servers arent even shutdown yet
>>
>>333802794
Do you like your bullets going where you aim?
Do you like armor lock not removing sticky grenades?
Do you like the sword being useful?
Do you like camo not lasting thirty seconds?

Then the title update may have been a good thing for you.
>>
>>333800416
I would switch to Windows 10 in a heartbeat if they put Halo 3 on there
>>
>>333801636
>Reachfag
>Reachfag
>Reachfag
I can't help, but not take any of your arguments seriously, no matter how sound they may be, if you refer to everybody with a different opinion that isn't in a negative light as a Reachfag constantly. It completely discredits anything you say cause it makes you sound like a mindless shitposter. Which may be the case
>>
It could be because me and my best friend had a blast playing this together but I thought it was great.
>>
>>333802708
>make a post about how /v/ and people exaggerate shit
This is just Reachfags trying to ignore how bad Reach was. Reach felt like a lazy effort from Bungie. The gritty art style didn't match up well with the Halo Trilogy's more vibrant styles; it felt too realistic for Halo. Halo 4 and 5 art styles need work but I did like how 343 brought back Halo's vibrant colors. Halo gritty and realistic, what the hell happened to Bungie after Halo 3?
>>
>>333803381
>he gritty art style didn't match up well with the Halo Trilogy's more vibrant styles

Yet it perfectly matches the tone of the novels, you know, like The Fall of Reach, ie the book you whine about it not following?

dumb shitposter
>>
>>333803129
I call you guys this because of the simple fact of you keep defending something that literally cannot be defended. You constantly complain about how all of Reach's problems are my opinions but the reality is these were literally all of the problems Reach had that most of the other Halo games didn't have. You might as well call Reach a different game from the rest.
>>
>>333803529
No it doesn't I can picture the The Fall of Reach with the vibrant style of the Trilogy. Reach was alien to me. The first time I saw the game in engine at the 2009 VGA I thought I was staring at the next Gears of Wars for a second. I was like "This is a Halo game?"
>>
>>333803683
I haven't played Reach. So take that "you" out of here. I played the original trilogy of Halo and that's it. I have no opinion on this game since I haven't played it, but all I see is a shitposter when you say dumb shit like this.
>>
>>333802246
>So don't equip the effects?

I can't do anything about other people equipping it.
>>
>>333783129
I think it's biggest fallback was the variety of maps. 75% of the maps there were only recreations of older maps inside of Forge World.

Forge World is god-like though
>>
>>333804035
So you're just getting triggered by what other people are wearing?
>>
>>333804167
Wish forge world wasn't a thing, or at least invalidate every single other map in forge. Foundry in Halo 3 had a lot more charm to it, plus it wasn't the only map you'd see all time for forge maps as well.
>>
>>333803981
Well than maybe you should play Reach and see we why many people hate the damn game. As much as I wished I never played the game, I'm glad I did, so I could see how bad it was. Truth is I always had a bad feeling for the game since the 2009 VGA Awards.
>>
I seriously think Bungie was sabotaging Halo on their way out the door with Reach. There's no way they shit the bed that hard that fast without some sort of ulterior motive.

Fucking Armor Lock, in what universe is something that blatantly unbalanced considered an ok thing to leave in the game. I mean for fuck's sake.
>>
Sprint
>>
>>333804471
Man just let him play and make his own mind.
Some like it, some hate it, fair enough, but don't start pushing your opinions on someone else when they haven't made their own yet.
>>
>Reach hating leads to Halo 4 and 5 being praised
What the fuck
>>
>>333804584
>There's no way they shit the bed that hard that fast without some sort of ulterior motive.
they made destiny
>>
>>333804302
Yes, it ruins the artstyle of the game.
>>
>>333804698
And tons of mouth breathing retards lap that shit up, meanwhile Halo continues to cough and sputter its way into oblivion.
>>
>>333804650
Reach is OK-ish, 4 and 5 are crap
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.