[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
halp
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: Untitled.png (34 KB, 369x567) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
34 KB, 369x567
halp
>>
>>333778905
The game is so easy that it doesn't matter who you pick.
>>
>>333778905
Cyndaquil is the only real choice.
>>
>>333778905
totodile

>>333779205
the difficulty is all over the place in gsc due to the awful level scaling
>>
Chikorita is fucking garbage
It's so stupid and inferior in every way
Seriously it's a retarded kawaii uguu moe piece of shit that should have never existed.
>>
>>333779371
this
>>
>we will NEVER, EVER get to explore 2 regions in one game again or have our pokemon follow us

Fuck Gamefreak, seriously.
>>
>>333778905
Cyndaquil is probably the best, you can buy Fire Blast in Goldenrod and cheese Whitney with Quilava. Her Miltank doesn't have Thick Fat either

Totodile is decent, it has really good coverage from levelup moves. Ice Fang is good when it's SE but has low base power

Chikorita is pretty terrible, I'd take Victreebell or Jumpluff over Meganium even
>>
Totodile, muh nigger gets viable with the physical/special split
>>
>>333778905
Totodile is the best. Has a good learnset, good stats, and doesn't get fucked later on.
>>
>>333778905
None of them are any good and can be replaced easily later on. Although Totadile is the most useful due to the lack of water pokemon in the first half of the game.
>>
>>333779663
>have our pokemon follow us
That was such a pointless gimmick, though.
>>
File: 1364786363824.jpg (31 KB, 394x960) Image search: [Google]
1364786363824.jpg
31 KB, 394x960
>>333780609
>>
>>333780764
I love Wooper, my Fiancee has a very cute Wooper tattoo, I bought her an expensive Wooper plushe for Xmas, and I've bought her all the Wooper cards for her Birthday once. I feel extremely ashamed by my statement. Also I just remembered Poliwag is in one the beginning areas as well.
>>
>>333780706
You're a pointless gimmick
>>
>>333778905
cyndaquil is the only good fire type in silver so pick it if you give a shit.
>>
>>333780609
>lack of water Pokemon
Bitch you can get Slowpoke, the best water Pokemon, in Azalea.
>>
File: 1361812761216.png (351 KB, 926x624) Image search: [Google]
1361812761216.png
351 KB, 926x624
>>333781151
I forgive you
Also Wooper was my first shiny.
>>
>still no functioning 3DS emulator

fuck me, has it been 5 years since launch?
>>
File: 152[1].jpg (100 KB, 470x430) Image search: [Google]
152[1].jpg
100 KB, 470x430
>>333778905
Cyndaquil is a Fire type. That's about everything you need to know about it. It gets Fire type moves which are occasionally useful and some coverage moves to go with them, but Fire is kind of a specialty type that you might not need at all in a team. Still decently powerful for the whole game, and it looks cool.
Have never used Totodile myself, vastly prefer the other two's designs. It's Water so it gets to be your natural HM slave, plus Feraligatr hits decently hard with both offenses so you can go mixed, and Water types get plenty of moves to go around slapping shit with super effective damage. Feraligatr is supposedly the best in the series for soloing the game with, but I wouldn't know anything about that.
Chikorita is an oddball. Unlike in gen 1, earlygame flying type monsters carry Flying-type moves this time around so you might feel at a disadvantage initially and think your choice was fucking garbage. But build a team around Chiko and you will find it useful in several respects. It is not an offensive powerhouse, but it gets some nice utility moves like Body Slam to paralyze foes with. My favourite way to run a Meganium is to have it carry both Reflect and Light Screen and make it whip those out when you encounter something that hits a little too hard for your tastes, then switch to the appropriate counter.
>>
Totodile is king because he can learn Ice Fang and in the originals Ice Punch. Cyndaquil is for those who like a little bit of a challenge towards and after E4. Chikorita is literally all over the place and you'll want to shoot yourself by the time you even finish Johto.
>>
Totodile a bro
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.