[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which MOBA is the best?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 28
File: moba.jpg (245 KB, 600x356) Image search: [Google]
moba.jpg
245 KB, 600x356
Which MOBA is the best?
>>
>>333768914
dota

Obviously.
>>
People still play HoN?
>>
>>333768914
inb4 another 500 replies of butthurt dotards
>>
>>333769176
First post best post
>>
>>333768914
A question wrongly asked
>>
File: heroes1.jpg (82 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
heroes1.jpg
82 KB, 960x960
MOBA is such an outdated term
Team Brawlers are much more entertaining compared to the farming games of the past.
>>
>>333768914
HoN

It would be dtoa 2 but

>turnspeed
>slow projectiles and cast animations
>HATS HATS HATS aka MUH COMPEMINDIUM
>>
>>333768914
HoN, without exception.

Its the original competetive MOBA, and its the closest thing to the original vision of DOTA as envisioned by the Creator, IceFrog. It has none of the influence of guinsoo but instead the quality and admirable work of S2 Games.

They were created from the ground-up using only the bare skeleton and general concepts from DotA to become their own fully fledged independent game with a slick interface, quick client and balanced matchmaking with excellent games that are full of skill and decided by intelligent plays and masterful hero movement.

They even have something for everyone, for the more casual minded player there are purchaseable stats resets in case you get embarrassed and want to start over, and you can buy Goblin Coins in the shop, a great source of cosmetic items for any HoN player.
>>
>>333769403
You mean ASSFAGGOTS?

aeon of strife styled fortress assault game going on two sides
>>
ASSFAGGOTS is cancer.
>>
>>333768914
Can you just fucking not?
>>
>>333769304
I'm not even good but it's clearly the best of them.
>>
>>333769575
No, I can't even.
>>
>>333768914
HoN is definitely the way to go, its the source of the best meme in moba's, "stay under tower, i pull them fukers in"
>>
So many, some with truly interesting mechanics... Haven't played them in years, but Tides of Blood, SMotA, RofL, EotA, come to mind. Don't remember which was that one in which you could lift and hide bridges that united sections of the map, that was dope.

Then you have DotA/2, which is the CoD of the genre.
>>
Smite
>>
RIP Dawngate, you will be missed.

I'm kinda looking forward to Paragon though, looks fun.
>>
File: 3242.jpg (17 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
3242.jpg
17 KB, 256x256
>>333769725
Also remember fondly Tri War (pic related), it wasn't particularly good at anything but I like games with more than 2 teams.
>>
>>333769725
Dota2 is more the CS of the genre. The original one, which feels weird given the way modern games tend to play, but is old school and popular for it.

The CoD is LoL. It added more accessible mechanics, and made it more popular in general.
>>
>>333769725
>CoD of the genre

>>>CoD

nigger Dota 2 isn't released every year
>>
>>333769898
>dota is the original one
>specially dota all stars

Hmmmm
>>
>>333769575
>how do I hide threads
>>
HoN

Dota slow
League of Legends slow and shit graphics
>>
>>333769725
>Then you have DotA/2, which is the CoD of the genre.
Maybe back when they were all wc3 customs, but nowadays LoL has that covered
>>
>>333769176
>red LoL
>good
get a load of this fag
>>
File: 1458362946579.png (180 KB, 368x299) Image search: [Google]
1458362946579.png
180 KB, 368x299
>>333770453
http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/8/8b/Necr_omni_07.mp3
>>
>>333769819
based anon
>>
>>333769176
Wrong, Dotard.

It's not a MOBA
>>
>>333769819
Smite is literally LoL with the camera panned down
>>
>>333771190
>WASD
>literally the same as RTS controls for an action game
>>
>>333771451
>tetris with mouse controls would be an entirely different game
smite players are adorable
>>
>>333768914
Dont play ASSFAGGOTS anymore but league is the better game imo.

Valve fucked up with dota 2 when they decided to just make a direct port without fixing any of the problems and limitations of the w3 map.

HoN was fun at launch but it never really evolved. It still looks and feels horribly outdated and the UI is a mess.

League is pushing for all this edgy esport bullshit but the game itself is pretty refined compared to the other two. It feels faster and better to play, not to mention a better artstyle, UI and more flavourful characters.

I hate the LOL kids, but I hate the Dota tards more. They think they are hot shit playing this casual map from an ancient game. A map that was suppose to be a relaxed break between the more stressfull games of warcraft 3. Not to mention how elitist they are over the other ASSFAGGOTS players when league probably has a higher mechanical skill cealing.
>>
>>333771732
>It feels faster
It isn't though
>>
>>333768914
None of them. MOBAs suck.

But Awesomenauts is the one that sucks the least.
>>
>>333771451
>RTS controls for an action game
I love how easy it is to spot people who have never played Diablo
>>
>>333771732
>Not to mention how elitist they are over the other ASSFAGGOTS players when league probably has a higher mechanical skill cealing.
>league probably has a higher mechanical skill cealing

Fucking lol.

Stop, you're killing me.
>>
>>333771794
I would argue turn timers, attack animation time and projectile speed makes it so.The feel of the game is pretty important and dota 2 feels to much like warcraft 3. It does not hold up to modern standards and it carries itself on the dota name, Valves name and esport eliteism
>>
>>333772161
>I would argue turn timers, attack animation time and projectile speed makes it so.
That's because the game isn't trying to be an action game, it's a positioning and tactics game.

Also what I'm getting at is the match flow is a lot faster with shorter lane phases, teleport scrolls, more roaming, more early kills, etc
>>
Dota 2 is only fun with friends. The community is worse than the L4D2 one.
>>
>>333772079
explain?

Ive played both quiet a bit. Dota has a few crazy heroes I will admit, but many of the heroes only have a couple of standard abilities and the rest are passives.
>>
>>333772161
>modern standards
Is this the buzzword to rule over all other buzzwords?
>>
File: ou.jpg (10 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
ou.jpg
10 KB, 259x194
>HoN
>Still relevant
>>
HoN was the most fun I had in the genre.
>>
>>333769252

no
>>
>>333772425
The ceiling is a lot higher, and even on simpler heroes the game also relies on a lot of active items and chaining things. Meepo, Invoker, Visage, etc have a way higher mechanical skill ceiling than anyone in LoL and even on other heroes you get stuff like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIyNo9Pu9QI

Other than the literal "mechanical skill cap" simply being higher since the most mechanically intensive heroes are much more so than the most mechanically intensive LoL champions, active items are what do it
>>
>>333772442
dota tards and their memes

cyka )))
>>
>>333769725
>Then you have DotA/2, which is the CoD of the genre.
what the fuck are you on?
>>
What's a MOBA anyway? The term is made up by Riot so they could avoid the term dotalike because they hate dota
But from those games, Dota obviously
>>
People say Dota 2 is a better game, but I don't know man.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IZ_fctnakE
>>
>>333772425
>>333772739
In Dota each hero is a broad template that you build something new out of with active items, in LoL each champion has more going on to begin with but they don't grow and deviate from there as much since most of the itemization is just passive stats and damage scales

>>333772924
He was likely talking from the perspective of other wc3 customs
>>
>>333772425
Dota literally has more complex mechanics than League, it isn't even a question which one has a higher skillcap
>>
ASSFAGGOTS is a bad genre, best left to casual play only. Play better genres if you're looking for a game to really dive into. For playing casually HotS is the best.
>>
>>333772739
On the other hand, league has many active items and summoner abilitiies. Dont think it makes that much of a difference.

I dont watch enough esports or streams to pull out videos, but Ive seen some pretty cool plays in league aswell.
>>
>>333768914
HoN was best but devs killed it.
LoL is best if you feel like having the edge over 14yr olds.
Dota is best if you're unemployed and you're real fucking bored and you want teamplay based game which actually encourages egoism and soloplay
>>
>>333772073
In Diablo, can you right click a guy and let your character follow and hit him endlessly? No, that's what you do in RTS. How do most MOBAs control, like Diablo? No, like RTS.

Fag.
>>
File: warframe.png (237 KB, 540x356) Image search: [Google]
warframe.png
237 KB, 540x356
Alright faggots you're talking to someone who has invested at least 1200 hours into Dota 2, LoL, HotS and Awesomenauts EACH, so shut the fuck and let me do the talking for a second.

First of all, I fucking hate myself and have tremendous amounts of free time, that's why.

>Dota 2
This one has outdated mechanics, leftovers from the WC3 days that people want to pass up as "features". It has by far the most in-depth character usage because it's very likely that if you don't know what to do with a hero you'll fuck up - this is not to say that there aren't any easy heroes or that it's the hardest game out of all of these, but it means there's a smaller room for error. VERY fun with friends, but remains at the top of the charts regarding pub hell.

>LoL
Flashy and easy to get into, but has a depth of its own. The game's main issue is the outdated, enforced meta that you can't get out of, and this game is the ONLY of all four that does this. The meta shifts way too fast for players to keep up, but you can easily get accustomed to it if you know what you're doing. This has a cringy community. More focused on heroes than DOTA 2, with it's own 15 minutes of farm.

>HotS
Don't be fooled, this one's actually fun. By far the best hero kit design, and trims the fat of farming with the talent system, making wholesome and interesting matches last 25 minutes tops. Heavily focused on objectives, but by far the one with most variation in maps. The biggest issue with it? Not many people play it, resulting in pretty long queue times.

>Awesomenauts
This one's like competitive megaman. Fun with friends, fun solo, easy to get into. The main issues? It's pretty bland and limited, not to mention that it relies on an archaic Host system rather than using actual servers to play, which is one of the swingiest systems when it comes to latency.

That's my two cents on all these.

Special mentions:
>HoN is dead
>Smite is kinda fun
>Strife tries to be something it cannot ever reach
>>
>>333773259
Just wanted to mention that dota is from an RTS game so naturally its closer to an rts than diablo. You have to be pretty retarded to say otherwise
>>
>>333773213
>On the other hand, league has many active items and summoner abilitiies. Dont think it makes that much of a difference.
Far fewer of them, with fewer impact. LoL's itemization is largely stat and scale based, dota doesn't have any scales so it's primarily active and utility focused.

Summoner spells don't really add much to overall mechanical complexity either since they're huge cooldowns you tend to sit on rather than consistently use as part of your rotation and mechanics.
>>
>>333773270
nice blog fampai
>>
File: assfaggots.jpg (78 KB, 1355x505) Image search: [Google]
assfaggots.jpg
78 KB, 1355x505
>>
>>333773259
>Diablo, can you right click a guy and let your character follow and hit him endlessly? No, that's what you do in RTS.
How does that make a difference? All that does is give you even further control.

>Just wanted to mention that dota is from an RTS game so naturally its closer to an rts than diablo. You have to be pretty retarded to say otherwise
There is literally zero logic behind this statement. The engine a game is created in has literally nothing to do with its own gameplay, Dota is essentially Diablo pvp on a tower defense map built in an RTS map editor.
>>
>>333768914
I like LoL but I've never player another one
>>
File: 1439949208744.jpg (147 KB, 600x534) Image search: [Google]
1439949208744.jpg
147 KB, 600x534
>>333773629
>patrician is the further dumbed down version of pleb
>>
>>333773270
/thread

Just so tired of the dota kids who think they are the next big thing because they play dota instead of lol when they are such similar games.

Also agree that Hots is underrated.
>>
>>333773629
>smite
more like shite
>>
>>333773784
>Just so tired of the dota kids who think they are the next big thing because they play dota instead of lol when they are such similar games.
Unless you count derivative stuff like Gigantic and Awesomenauts, Dota and LoL are the two least similar games in the genre.
>>
>>333773762
But anon, Dota is a dumbed down Smite
>>
File: 1454985153556.jpg (50 KB, 661x885) Image search: [Google]
1454985153556.jpg
50 KB, 661x885
>>333771732
>Not to mention how elitist they are over the other ASSFAGGOTS players when league probably has a higher mechanical skill cealing.
>>
>>333773638
No. The (A)ttack and (S)top command are still left in all mobas. Auto Attacks aswell. Its not an RTS, but its definility not like diablo at all
>>
>>333773896
>my game has 90% of the mechanics and depth removed but you have to aim everything on giant 2D hitboxes so that makes up for everything!
>>
>>333774017
None of those are core features of RTS gameplay. Diablo has autoattacks.
>>
>>333774140
diablo does not have auto attacks. it has basic attacks.
>>
>>333774032
>mechanics and depth

Do you mean, perhaps, decade-old WC3 engine bugs? Because that's all Dota's "Depth" is
>>
>>333769454
>its the closest thing to the original vision of DOTA as envisioned by the Creator, IceFrog

What how is HoN closer to IceFrog's vision that Dota 2, IceFrog's actual game?
>>
HoN best moba by far.
>>
>>333774195
Those are two terms for the same thing.
Unless you have to press and input per hit and time to change them together, it's an autoattack.
>>
i used to play LoL but then they got rid of the only thing i liked and now i don't even play it, oh well.
>>
>>333774267
Icefrog worked on HoN. Realized that he was a hack and didnt do anything other than patching an older version of dota sombody else made to begin with.

Got taken in by valve because of his name and he just remade dota with them 1:1 , didnt even dare to change/fix the bugs.
>>
>>333774420
in diablo you need to click or hold the basic attack key

in mobas, rts, most mmo`s its more like a toggle where you click the target and it will keep attacking it until you give a new command. how is this so hard to understand? have you even played diablo?
>>
>>333774420
No, they aren't.
In Dota as well as RTS units will attack on their own, or continue attacking if given an order. In Diablo this does not happen. In Diablo you can stand still while attacking at a point, in RTS you can't (except siege units), in Dota you can't. In RTS units will follow others, in Dota the same happens, in Diablo it doesn't.

Therefore, it controls like a RTS, not like Diablo, therefore >>333771451 is right and you are wrong.
>>
>>333774653
I know how diablo autos work, they're still fucking autoattacks.
Holding versus toggling to autoattack changes nothing. Dota's actual design and gameplay is still far more like diablo than RTS.

>>333774757
Nothing about that hurts it as an action game, so it means nothing.

Saying a game where you control a single character with clicks and autoattacks and targeted/aimed abilities to level up your character and gather equipment is less like a game where you control a single character with clicks and autoattacks and targeted/aimed abilities to level up your character and gather equipment than an RTS because the first one has you hold click to auto instead of tap it, you're a special kind of retarded.
>>
File: dotamasterrace.png (490 KB, 1313x683) Image search: [Google]
dotamasterrace.png
490 KB, 1313x683
reminder
>>
>>333772425
LoL's mechanical skill requirements revolve around skillshots. They do require prediction skills, which makes it impossible for them to be entirely skill-less, but they are overrated as a mechanic that is hard to execute: they have a range in which you have no excuse if you miss, and a range in which the enemy player has no excuse if they get hit. In between, it's essentially down to luck. Dashes make this even worse: because they have no windup time, they make it even easier to dodge skillshots (and blinks like Flash even allow you to jump over the enemy champion, bypassing the skillshot entirely.)

(As a sidenote, everyone who's played Unreal Tournament 2004 knows what I'm talking about.)

Hitting skillshots that you should not be hitting is actually about forcing the enemy to have to choose between getting hit by the skillshot or suffer something worse. It is a tactical (and teamwork) concern, and not really a mechanical challenge. It can also be about positioning yourself well enough to be able to extend the range at which you should hit, but again this is not a mechanical challenge either.

>>333772739
>Meepo
Man I really wish Meepo was difficult because of his mechanical difficulty, and not mainly because "hey the game hates you, so does Icefrog who's been giving you nothing but direct and indirect nerfs for two years straight, and people on your team can't even play around Meepo in the first place"

>>333773073
It does have more complex mechanics, but this does not imply it has a higher mechanical skillcap. It does have a higher mechanical skillcap, but for other reasons.

>>333773270
>outdated mechanics
Every time someone says this, the elaboration ends up being disappointing.
>>
>>333774209
0/10
>>
>>333771732
Anon you call what's the hardest Champion in LoL and I will tell hero is easiest in Dota plus why he's still more demanding mechanical wise.
>>
>>333775370
read the last line, its about you :^)
>>
easily hon
>>
>>333775509
>admitting you're wrong
>>
>>333775187
I dont understand..
>>
>>333775370

>has one active skill

>demanding
>>
>>333775509
>Refuting my points makes you wrong, so I'm right!
Epic.
>>
File: 1454472875050.jpg (369 KB, 1991x1850) Image search: [Google]
1454472875050.jpg
369 KB, 1991x1850
You know, I really like Heroes of the Storm. It's pretty simple but at the same time the characters are pretty fun to play. Right now it's my favorite because each match is pretty quick so it doesn't matter which team wins or loses.

Dota is really fun too but man the game lasts so long because no one knows how to play. Every game someone is like, hold up team I need to farm the jungle for 40 minutes because we can't possibly take a barracks before I'm 6 slotted and it's impossible to attack the ancient without (mega) mega creeps.
>>
>>333775017
>controls exactly like a RTS
>doesn't control like Diablo
>admits the case to be true
>"you must be retarded to think it controls like a RTS and not Diablo"

Done and done
>>
>>333775628
Pic wasn't needed anyway.
>>
>>333773270
Oh dear god, some poor soul who thinks hots is fun
>>
>>333769297
We are getting there.
>>
>>333775790
>pretending insignificant control differences for identical mechanics matters more than actual content and gameplay in terms of a game being more or less like another game

Done and done
>>
File: Wraith_King.png (69 KB, 256x144) Image search: [Google]
Wraith_King.png
69 KB, 256x144
>>333775509
Not up for a challenge eh?

Pic related has 3 passive skills, one which allows you do fully resurrect after dying. Easily the simplest hero in Dota yet far more complex than any LoL hero.
>>
>>333775789
HotS is fun

Its casual but entertaining with friends, my only gripe is blizzards shitty balancing.
>>
File: cantu waku uppu.jpg (57 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
cantu waku uppu.jpg
57 KB, 601x601
>you will never play S1, S2 or S3 league again
and now S6 is going to be the season when spellvamp died
I hope riot goes out of business sooner
>>
>>333775789

Why are all moba girls huge sluts.
>>
>>333775370
>>333775554
>>333775728
>>333776028

4 replies in such a short time. Man are you butthurt. I think you misunderstand me. Ive played lol and dota the same amount. I dont play them anymore. This "challange" you talk about is ridiculus because 1/3 of the dota 2 roaster is just boring passive heroes.

lol has also gotten a lot of new heroes since i stopped following so I have no idea who the most mech heavy hero there is right now, but the black kid looks pretty cool and nidalee and lee sin has some play potential in the right hands.

The problem with your argument is that it has no grounds and you are one of the elitist i talk about. We are not comparing SC:BW to "3 in a row" here, we are comparing two mobas.
>>
File: 1349921564584.jpg (45 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
1349921564584.jpg
45 KB, 500x354
>>333776610
For a post containing more than a paragraph of text you sure as hell have made an effort to say absolutely nothing to back yourself up.
>>
>>333776610
>says "skill ceiling"
>can only defend self by cherrypicking the skill floor
You lose.
>>
idk why anyone would be playing anything other than Paragon atm
>>
File: 1417995444718.gif (713 KB, 500x163) Image search: [Google]
1417995444718.gif
713 KB, 500x163
>>333775790
RTS controls by control grouping armies, building units, and sending commands. Diablo controls by clicking a single character around, using basic attacks and abilities with click targeting, and fighting stuff to build your character. Dota controls by clicking a single character around, using basic attacks and abilities with click targeting, and fighting stuff to build your character.

>B-B-BUT YOU HAVE TO HOLD CLICK TO AUTOATTACK SO THAT MEANS THE ENTIRE GAME CONTROLS MAGICALLY LIKE AN RTS
>>
>>333776750
>>333776820

>brings skill floor into argument
>cherry picks a hero with low skill floor himself
>"You Lose"

ty 4 troll, cyka ))
>>
>>333772558
Same shit.
>>
>>333776610
>My retardation annoys people!
Wow you sure showed me.
>>
>>333777172
>brings skill floor into argument
>cherry picks a hero with low skill floor himself
We're still waiting for you to list the LoL hero with the highest mechanical capacity.

>cherrypicks
Neither side has listed a single LoL champion yet. Are you legitimately retarded?
>>
File: 1459206771936.jpg (44 KB, 488x410) Image search: [Google]
1459206771936.jpg
44 KB, 488x410
>Dota 2 matches take up too much time where I am incapable of leaving the game without ruining it for the rest of my team
>HoTS and LoL don't feel nearly as satisfying to play
I guess I'll just have to give up on assfaggots
>>
>>333776846
>look it up
>3rd person
no ty
>>
>>333775789
This is what tells a good player from the bad.

People in Dota need Guidance. 83â„… of all 37+ minutes game sre that long because no one is calling for racks and retards want to farm up their perfect 6 item game.

> use voice chat (people are actually listening to people using voice chst unlike chat)
> tell them to come with you RIGHT NOW or you will sell your items for a Rapier and feed it to the enemy
> use teammates as meast shield and win game

This is btw how you get to 5k guys
>>
>>333777358
Not him, and I haven't played LoL in a few years but whatever I'll say Lee Sin because he probably won't give you one.
>>
>>333777749
>other MOBAs
>clickfest
no ty
>>
>>333778283
idk man

> no mana management
> you don't need attack/stop commands
> 2 active items max (always selfcast)
> no inventory management (quickcast vs. normal)
> no courier/quickbuy management
> press Scoreboard for enemy items/level
> etc. pp.

Spamming skillshots ( joke word in LoL cause hitboxes are huge) doesn't make s higher skillcap. For every action you do in LoL, you're supposed to do 3 in Dota.
>>
>>333779916
>For every action you do in LoL, you're supposed to do 3 in Dota.

People like to criticize LoL by comparing it to flipping a coin into a cup

If LoL is flipping a coin into a cup, then Dota is flipping a coin into a cup and then jogging a lap around the table for no reason, also it doesn't count unless the coin lands in the cup heads-up
>>
None of those; SMITE is tops
>>
>>333780483
>People like to criticize LoL by comparing it to flipping a coin into a cup
How did you fail to see the point of this analogy when Tobi originally made it?
>>
>>333780821
>playing SMITE when Paragon exists
>>
>>333780837
>Tobi

Oh, NOW I get it, the coin represents Jews and the cup represents the gas chamber
>>
>>333780821
>League of Legends in 3rd person

At least they have the option to unlock everything instead of making you live in a skinner box.
>>
>>333776447
I pretty much quit during/after s4. I started late S1 and S2 was GOAT. We'll never have it again with teams actually deciding whether they should have jungle or not.

Paragon honestly gets my vote out of the bunch. I have yet to try HotS and Smite, but I hear good things about them.
>>
>>333779916
>you're supposed to do 3 in Dota.
but dota moves several times slower in real time
>>
File: Gigantic-CBT-5-Update.png (170 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
Gigantic-CBT-5-Update.png
170 KB, 1000x563
Gigantic is also really good, tho it it is very dettached from the genre. It's pacing is more like Bloodline Champions aiming for 10 minute experiences of just non-stop fighting.

Battleborn also looks really fun and I appreciate that it has multiple modes and maps

Heroes of the Storm is a much more light hearted experience which is a relaxing take on the genre compared to Dota or League

Vainglory is actually also a very good moba more like if LoL 3v3 was a more polished experience if anyone liked 3v3'ing back in the day. It also has no support classes because of how broken support is ina 3v3 arena. Tablet aside, it's bretty decent and about as hardcore as Dota. It really should have come to PC.
>>
>>333781219
>he hasn't won a dota game in sub 10 mins
>>
>>333781219
Enjoying those 25 minute lane phases, lack of teleports and roaming, and games with three kills by 30 minutes? Sure is fast, huh!
>>
>>333780837
>people can't handle a game that makes you keep track of track of more than one thing at once so they immediately shit their diaper and start crying about how anything additional is "unnecessary"
Never gets old
>>
I tried HotS the other day, and I must say that the sound design leaves a lot to be desired compared to Dota 2.
Most sounds seemed to drown each other out in HotS, creating a wall of droning noise, while in Dota 2 all skills make a distinct sound that cuts through the mix that makes you aware of what happened without even needing to look.
You'd think a big company like Blizzard would get things like this right, but nope.
>>
Why do people claim LoL is easy but you never see the reach Challenger and get easy money being recruited?
>>
>>333782076
because rankeds are a joke since S4
and solo queue is no more so people are playing in 5man premades exclusively
>>
>>333782076
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u7MMy4tJ3g

When Dota players actually try to play LoL, they get absolutely crushed
>>
Why the fuck is morphling the hero in the official logo artwork
no one plays him
>>
File: c.jpg (72 KB, 496x850) Image search: [Google]
c.jpg
72 KB, 496x850
>>333768914
>hon
dead
>league
a good chunk of heroes can feel samey, but its fun if you havent played it before
>dota
most fun, heroes have bigger impact

honestly i would recommend playing in stacks, otherwise its more frustrating to play
>>
File: 1455907156110.jpg (14 KB, 193x270) Image search: [Google]
1455907156110.jpg
14 KB, 193x270
>>333782076
Casual play and Pro play in any game might as well be two different games in itself.
Casual LoL is easier because playing it is seemingly a rite of passage for every 12-year old and gurl gamer around the world. Pro LoL and Dota are not even worth mentioning because less than 0.1% of their respective playerbases will ever reach that level of play.

>>333782257
>pro gamers get spanked in a game they don't play
>>
>>333782076
Because getting high ranked in anything is a big commitment because you're playing against real players, no matter how simple the game is you need a lot of dedication to play anything at a max level among people who devote their whole lives to it.

Just because someone says one game is notably easier to learn and has a lower skill ceiling than another doesn't mean it's a fucking cakewalk to be the best player in the world at it. I really don't understand how people make that huge of a jump. Is it insecurity?
>>
>>333782982
>pro gamers get spanked in a game they don't play

If LoL is just "Dota except easier," then shouldn't they be experts at LoL by merit of being good at Dota?

>expert sushi chef keeps burning the rice
>>
>>333784609
>If LoL is just "Dota except easier"
Nobody has ever said this.
If you think someone can magically know an entire new game's flow and pacing and magically know its whole offering of separate characters and items just because "hurr their game is harder," you're the retard here.
>>
>>333784996
>Nobody has ever said this.

Oh please

Dota players always say shit like that
>>
>>333785107
Anyone who says this is just shitposting and/or saying it as a broad statement not meant to be taken so autistically literally.

Pretty much anything that's "X but easier" still needs to be independently learned to a certain degree.
>>
WC3:ROC DOTA
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (84 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
84 KB, 1280x720
In league I usually use Garen and just talk with friends on Skype. It's a pretty fun way to spend a Thursday night
>>
>>333785301
>this damage control

Yeah nah m8, Dotards have spent the past 6 years calling LoL players babies, calling their game "the Fischer-Price MOBA," and the like

The real problem is that Dota players can't play a game where you don't just win by exploiting ancient bugs in the WC3 engine, and hoping that your opponents haven't read a wiki
>>
>>333786940
Sorry that you're a retard and made a ridiculous jump in logic because you're insecure about blatant shitposters trashing your game, but I don't really know what you want me to do about it
>>
File: tips fedota.png (342 KB, 544x508) Image search: [Google]
tips fedota.png
342 KB, 544x508
>>333787174
>Sorry that you're a retard

I'm not the one defending Dotards m8

>"How am I supposed to win?? They fixed all the bugs I used to exploit!"
>>
File: 1450476699462.jpg (19 KB, 387x468) Image search: [Google]
1450476699462.jpg
19 KB, 387x468
>>333787547
>actually being this fucking booty blasted
>>
>>333787660
>booty blasted

That would be the Dotards m8

Any criticism of their game causes them to go into autistic rants in which "you just haven't played it" is typically said at least once

Any time a Dotard gets treated the way they've been treating LoL players for the better part of a decade, the flip the fuck out
>>
>>333768914
Smite, now fuck off.
>>
>>333787809
And what do you expect me to do about? Tell people to stop shitposting? Do you know where you are?
>>
>>333786940
Please stop acting like your false implication is any kind of gotcha.

League of Legends is a significantly easier game than Dota, with many mechanics that are analogous but shallower. It doesn't change the fact that a great Dota player would still need to learn LoL - a very time-consuming task - and develop muscle memory and strategies for the tasks in LoL.

LoL being "Dota but easier" (which is not meant literally; what people actually mean when they say this is what I wrote in my second paragraph) doesn't mean that a good Dota player is immediately good at LoL. It means that if they take the time to learn LoL, it is extremely likely that skill-wise, they will find themselves in a better percentile rank.

As for why Dota pros don't make the switch, there's plenty of reasons: the time investment may be too high, they may enjoy playing Dota more, they may already be making good money in Dota, they may not like how Riot manages their competitive scene, etc.
>>
File: 129854263156.jpg (37 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
129854263156.jpg
37 KB, 500x375
defend this LoLbabbies
>>
>>333788481
But they already have the muscle memory dipshit

All MOBAs are the same, if you can play one, you can play them all
>>
>>333789952
No they don't, how stupid can you be.
>>
File: Invoker.png (294 KB, 396x554) Image search: [Google]
Invoker.png
294 KB, 396x554
>>333768914
Dota is the Magic the Gathering of MOBAs. It is a game that changed the genre so hard that it spawned imitators that became more popular than it.
>>
File: 1387865719097.jpg (522 KB, 900x1125) Image search: [Google]
1387865719097.jpg
522 KB, 900x1125
>>333790203
accurate
Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.