[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>darksouls 2 wasnt bad, it just wasnt worth 60$ at launch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 694x362) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 694x362
>darksouls 2 wasnt bad, it just wasnt worth 60$ at launch

Prove me wrong
>>
>>321883776
you're wrong
>>
I suppose that's 20$ is a good value proposition for dark souls 2. Paying 60$ for it at launch and then another 25$ for dlc that wasnt supposed to exist was a bad trade though. If you like das i, you will get disappointed because of some design choices, but if you level ADP you can mitigate some of your grievances.

Nothing can be done about the enemy tracking though. Bteam saw how much we enjoyed backstabing and parrying, so they made it more difficult to pull off, and added a hilt bash to stop people from trying it in pvp.

With respect to lore, the game tries to go for mysterious, but it falls flat as obtuse or annoying. In the base game, you're given keys to doors you dont know exist literally half the time.

With respect to the level design, it is a mishmash. To be fair, darksouls was also a hodgepodge, but every location felt like it belonged because of the story you could glean from the text. In Dasii, it isnt clear why or how you go from one place to another. You could blame it on time and space are distorted in Lordran, but i think that's a copout since the map in DaS is excellent by comparison.

In any case i give it a 3/5, you should give it a try when it's on sale. dark souls 2 isnt for everyone, but you might like it.
>>
File: bigneck.jpg (5 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
bigneck.jpg
5 KB, 194x259
>>321883875
Welp.

Let's go home, folks.
>>
It still had more content than most games out there, even without DLC.
>>
You aren't wrong but I'm still pissed that scholar was sold separately. fucking split the community in half just with that.

Honestly the biggest flaws of DS2 was not that it was bad, but because the game had the same flaws as the original Dark souls Netcode issues, phantom range, bullshit tracking and that some of those bugs were even worse.

Adaptability in my honest opinion is a fair stat to have, it's an RPG; you should learn to dump stats where they're needed or learn how to roll/block
>>
It wasn't worth $60 at any point in time.
>>
I disagree. I only just started the DLC areas and it was already a fuckload of game before that. Then now there's all these buttfucking new areas and that dark portal covenant or whatever so it's even longer for less than half the price.

Up to 80 hours, still not finished with 1 playthrough, and that's just one build and without NG+
>>
>>321883776
goes for almost all games
>>
Scholar of the First Sin should've been a massive upgrade with new levels and connections, not a fucking graphical bump with rom hack tier features.
>>
>>321884603
That would have required genuine effort though.
>>
>>321884603
Do other GOTY/Complete/Gold editions do this?
>>
Shit game, is just a piece of trash, a mess and an insult to the fan base who loved DeS and the first DaS.
SotfS is like admiting that they fucked up so bad, and still don't fixes many of the core problems of the shity game.
So no is not worth even 1dollar
>>
Is it me, or the hatedom for this game is very vocal? At the end of the day they just regurgitate stuff from the Matthewmetosis video, no real opinions or anything.
I only hate it for the lighting downgrade and SM, everything else was enjoyable. It's a real shame about SM, because this game has a lot of diversity for builds.
>>
Worth is completely subjective.
>>
>>321884882
>>321884603
it actually added more than most remasters do, with all the new enemy placements as well as a new boss and ending
>>
>>321884491
We're talking about the quality of the game you autistic sperg. No one cares how long it takes you to beat the game because you're shit at it
>>
>>321885686
No we're not. We're talking about how much the game is worth.
>>
I dropped 60 bucks on it and played it for about 300 hours before I even looked at anything else. Yeah they fucked up the PC release and had bugs they never fixed and a whole ton of other shit that really grinds my gears but I haven't come anywhere close to the bang for the buck it gave me
>>
>>321885774
Yeah, judged by the quality. That's like saying it's perfectly fine to spend $120 on battlefront EA because it's multiplayer only and you can play it forever and ever with no end.
>>
>>321885231
I've never seen that youtuber so i can only assume that he has many of the same problems with the game as us
>>
>>321885774
No matter how long a game is, if it sucks ass, it's not worth a penny.
>>
It was.

If only games as good as DaS1, BB or DeS are worth buying for 60 then 99% of games aren't worth buying at 60.
>>
>>321883776
>it just wasnt worth 60$ at launch

that's a bullshit rationalization. unless it's an indie game, it goes for 60$, that's the industry's base price. and it was a shit game.
>>
>>321883776
I agree. If everything we have for it now was a part of it at launch, it would have been worth $60.
>>
>>321886329
>>321886059

Well then it's good that DaS2 while being weaker than DaS1 is still a solid game.
>>
Game is trash. Made it to The Rotten and was so frustrated/bored to tears at that point that I never picked it back up.
>>
>>321883875
/thread
>>
There are shittier games that sell for more, like Destiny.
>>
>>321886709
Try pumping levels into adp and powerstancing. Aside from the 360 noscope enemy tracking, your time should be enjoyable
>>
>>321883776
Any kind anon willing to gift me DSII on steam?

It was the last game I played on my PS3 before it YROD on me, Ive never tryied the new dlc or any of the scholar of the first sin content... thanks anons

/id/tony112233aa/
>>
>>321885686
However you define worth is your own issue. I explained why I thought it was worth it. All you did was chimp out.
>>
>>321883776
Did they ever fixed that durability glitch on PC?
>>
>>321888061
They only fixed fast durability decay when you hit a body of dead enemy.
Hilariously fast general durability decay with no repair powder is still a huge problem.
>>
Coming back from BB, it feels really weird to not have a giant weapon without a charge attack.
>>
>>321888272
Fuck, well at least its capped at 60 frames, because I woulndt be able to imagine using power stance or R2 attacks with those brittle lances and double sabre thing
>>
Everyone calling it trash as if quality is all-or-nothing are reactionary faggots. It's a solid game with many pros and cons. Its high aren't as high as DaS1 but conversely its lows aren't as low as post-Anor Londo. I think it's definitely the weaker of the two, has some notable flaws, and questionable design choices, but honestly acting like it's a vastly different level of quality from the first is fucking moronic and whitewashes the problems both games share.

The difference is, with the first one, fans were generally able to overlook the issues because the rest of the game was great but by the sequel, the issues weren't fixed and new ones were added. It's a weaker game but it's still a really good one.
>>
Wrong
There was enough game there to warrant a $60 price tag
Just because it didn't feel crisp and polished like das1 doesn't mean it wasn't worth $60
It's not some 4 hour 2D platformer
>>
Gonna pretend DS2 never hapened
>>
>>321886059
>judged by the quality

That's not how you decide what something is worth. Worth is completely arbitrary and subjective. DaS2 might be worth pennies to you, but I'd easily give over $70 for it.
>>
No game is worth 60 bucks.
Thats why keysites exists
>>
>>321891589
Quality aka perceived value aka demand is exactly what determines value.
Value isn't objective, products are priced at a number that is as high as they believe the most customers will buy it for.
>>
>>321892392
...is exactly what determines *what something is worth.

Typo my b
>>
Dark Souls 2 was worth 60$ launch because I found it fun and believe I got my money's worth.
>>
>>321892392
>perceived value
>The worth that a product or service has in the mind of the consumer.

Are you retarded? That's exactly what I said and quality has nothing to do with it.
>>
File: UGeF0.jpg (89 KB, 790x685) Image search: [Google]
UGeF0.jpg
89 KB, 790x685
>>321891706
games were getting cheaper and now they're starting to creep back up
RIP the era of 50 dollar AAA releases on PS2. Inflation would make pic related around 110 dollars on release
>>
>>321884893
hows that /v/ dick riding?
>>
>>321885231
i liked the game, enough to invest a lot of time than most of my back log. i am aware of all the shortcomings like weird hit boxes, enemy circling the same way you do making backstabbing a mission, and really underwhelming boss fights.

The ADP issue isnt really game breaking. while it sucks that those points can be used for other shit, i tried to push my ADP and the result was more hilarious than anything. basically makes rolling give you invisible frames for the duration.

Aside from those gripes, even the shitty durability on all weapons even with the ring, its an overall good game. pvp is dope though.

plus its SotFS 18 dollars on sale. youre not some broke ass niggah, right, senpai?
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.