[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does /v/ think of this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: crysis-2-News-Image-656x369[1].jpg (53 KB, 656x369) Image search: [Google]
crysis-2-News-Image-656x369[1].jpg
53 KB, 656x369
what does /v/ think of this game?
>>
It's a great engine and pretty forgettable FPS.
>>
File: 184-1920.jpg (822 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
184-1920.jpg
822 KB, 1920x1080
The entire Crysis series is amazing and 2 and 3 are highly underrated games. 2 Especially. Queue the people who spam LINEAR FPS BAD!
>>
Pros: Great score, great design and it ran INCREDIBLY well on high graphics on even sub-par computers.

Cons: It had a lot of stuff going for it but it regrettably ditched the battlefield theme of Crysis 1 and swapped it with generic CoD killstreak arena shooter stuff. Not to mention that its story was kind of jumbled and most of its wow factor comes from seeing the buildings of NYC crumbling down, when they should have made a setting that was on par with Crysis' 1 lush jungle.

If you liked Crysis 1 you might just like it. If you do play, I highly suggest playing on hard (or harder difficulty) and stealthing through the game. Makes it a lot more difficult and a lot more suspenseful.

Overall?
Pretty average game, not bad by any means but it doesn't really display anything revolutionary.
>>
>>333764232
a graphic improvement although it was toned down for the consoles
but a gameplay and aestethic downgrade from the first one
>>
>>333765482
Nah, the FPS mechanics were top notch, as expected from a Crytec game, but the actual pacing, story, and scripted events were TOO FUCKING MANY in 2

no idea in 3, never played it
>>
>>333764232
The way they changed some of the suit functions to fit a controller sucked, since there was nothing wrong with how suit functions worked in Crysis.
Strength & Speed were hit especially hard.

In the original game, Strength gave you superior recoil control & less sway when aiming, melee attacks were all MUCH stronger, and you could throw objects much further & harder.
Meanwhile in Crysis 2, they "streamlined" the way strength worked. You had to hold down the melee/use key for an entire second to perform a strong melee attack/kick object, causing abrupt breaks in combat.
You could no longer easily pick up a barrel and immediately toss it at an enemy, you have to use multiple long-holds in order to perform these actions in Crysis 2.

But the biggest impact was speed. Crysis 1's speed mode increased the speed of EVERYTHING: regular jogging speed, sprinting, reloading, weapon switching, crouched movement, crawling, melee attack speed.
In Crysis 2, ALL of this was removed, except for the sprinting, and Crysis 2's sprinting speed is PATHETIC, it's practically identical to Crysis 1's non-speed-mode sprinting, but it uses suit energy!

That being said, I do like how they made Armour Mode an "active toggle" tank-mode rather than the piss-poor passive protection armour mode in Crysis 1 offered. That's probably the only suit function that had a positive change in Crysis 2.
Oh, and the suit upgrade function was really neat. Originally it was supposed to be in Crysis 1, but it was scrapped. Cloak didn't change significantly between the two games, so there's nothing to say there.
>>
File: 1459317363985.jpg (258 KB, 540x801) Image search: [Google]
1459317363985.jpg
258 KB, 540x801
Good engine mediocre game.
I actually upgraded my system toa GTX 460and bought a copy day one excited as fuck.
I was disappointed in both graphical fidelity and gameplay, it took, what, six months to get DX11?

Crysis 3 was far better gameplay wise but it was a glorified tech demo with four hours of content. Don't know about the MP but I can only assume it was better than 2's which died within a week due to simple fucking .ini edits making you have unlimited energy and be immortal online.
>>
>>333765571
>and it ran INCREDIBLY well on high graphics on even sub-par computers.

This was very surprising considering how insanely harsh Crysis was on high-end computers for its time. I had a 1GB 8800 GTX and I couldn't max the game.
Colour me surprised when Crysis 2 came out and it ran at 60+ FPS on my GTX 460 (the previous rig got fried in a freak lightening strike). Then again, at first they didn't have the HD textures or DX11 enabled at the start.
>>
One of the best linear man-shoots of the last generation. The best CoD SP yet.
>>
amazing environments

Fun MP, although very COD-like

boring SP
>>
>>333764927
>great engine

try working in it. Cryengine has fallen so far behind so fast in the past few years
>>
>>333768786
Probably because Crytek has been close to bankruptcy forever now.

Last I heard they're being sued by former employees for months of withheld work. Fucking T*rks.
>>
>>333768884
>months of withheld work
Months of withheld pay*
>>
Downgraded and simplified compared to Crysis 1. Pretty great FPS in its own right though.
>>
>>333764232
i just played the first one for the first time last night and it's pretty amazing, like wow everything is so damn amazing. messing with the guns, the powers, how you can handle the situation differently, ect. Hope i get way more guns, pretty early in the game and not much around but it's got me hooked. reminds me a little of stalker.
>>
Crysis 3 perfected the MP yet it still didnt catch on. Too much skill required. Poor beta COD fans.
>>
Consolized garbage, thank you Crytek.
>>
>>333764232
>EA
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.