[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is it, isn't it? The art piece that will be remembered
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 251
Thread images: 23
File: the_old_hunters_bloodborne_SCEJ.jpg (104 KB, 800x610) Image search: [Google]
the_old_hunters_bloodborne_SCEJ.jpg
104 KB, 800x610
This is it, isn't it? The art piece that will be remembered as the most innovative and masterfully crafted game of the past 16-some years. The video game that will stand the tests of time and be enjoyed by countless generations.

I want you to do something for me, /v/, you contrarian faggots. I want you to name one game that is closer to perfection than bloodborne. Just ONE game.

You can't.
>>
>>333762516
Battletoads.
>>
if it was perfect, wouldnt i want to put more than 80 hours into it?

cause i got like 1000+ in other souls games...

must just be me
>>
>>333762645
>must just be me
It is just you
>>
>>333762619
lmao nice try.
>>333762645
It's not perfect, but it's as close to perfection as humanly possible. The fact that you can't enjoy it despite being better than the souls games in every single way just ousts you as a casual tasteless faggot.
>>
>>333762516
bloodborne is shit though

parry doesn't work
visual design is garbage
combat is boring
fanbase is retarded
graphics are shit
multiplayer might as well not exist
lazy 2deep4u plot dug out of Lovecraft's ass
etc.
>>
>>333762516
Demon's Souls
>>
File: 1460162292839.jpg (88 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1460162292839.jpg
88 KB, 680x680
so who else fapped to the doll?
>>
>>333762840
Tell me why Battletoads doesn't trump this game in perfection then.

and yes, I play Bloodborne.. a lot
>>
>>333762910
lmao play the game first.
>>333762925
Not even close.
>>
>>333762910
Literally git gud.
>>
>>333762516
why? so you can just go " no no no no no " like a child? annoying little shit , this game is overrated as fuck and no matter how many shill threads a day you have you cant even prove it to yourselves , you bought a console for ONE game
>>
>>333762516
It's the best game since RE4 and MGS3.
>>
>>333762516

>ITT ps4 fags playing the only game they've had for a year and teying to convince themselves it's a masterpiece.
>>
>>333762619
this should have been
>/thread
>>
>>333763239
>Still doesn't prove OP wrong
Ayy
>>
>>333763016
>>333763097
killed about 5 bosses before uninstalling. each more boring than the last. your maymays don't make the game not shit.
>>
>>333762516
Dark Souls 1
>>
>>333762910
>visual design is garbage
Grant you eyes, grant you eyes.
>combat is boring
Yeah, if you use only R1s like a retard
>fanbase is retarded
How does this make BB a bad game?
>graphics are shit
Only Chromatic Aberration sucks. Also graphics aren't that bad for a PS4 game.
>multiplayer might as well not exist
Yeah
>lazy 2deep4u plot dug out of Lovecraft's ass
>I CAN'T FUCKING READ REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>333763402
>killed about 5 bosses before uninstalling.
Prove it, let's see your trophies
>>
has anyone tried this with remote play on PC yet? I've never done remote play and I'm curious if the delay would be too much given tight timing windows
>>
File: Djura[1].jpg (207 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Djura[1].jpg
207 KB, 1920x1080
>>333762516
any game where unique enemies randomly decide to commit suicide by jumping off a building while you're fighting them is shit, sorry.
>>
See?

Threads like this is why no one likes Sonyfagsand BB fags. Too pretentious for your own good.
>>
If Bloodborne is ~so good~ why is it not selling tens of millions?
>>
I've had it for about a year or so now, and I've put more time in little big planet 3 than I have in bloodborne. I know /v/'s just going to say I'm casual as fuck... but I just don't enjoy it, haven't enjoyed a souls/ souls-like game since the PC version of dark souls.
>>
>>333762516

Didn't you guys say this exact same thing about Bloodbourne?

Somehow I have the feeling in about two to three years when Dark Souls 4 is announced I'll be seeing this again.
>>
>literally Souls rehash number 3
>best game ever

Go fuck yourself and take that faggot miyazaki with you too.
>>
>>333763680
That same question could be asked of Dark Souls, The Witcher, basically anything that isn't Call of Duty, GTA, or Pokemon
>>
>>333763645
>Now that the dust has settled, can we agree that The Witcher 3 is the best game of the century?
>thread evolves into a fucking shitstorm
>'JESUS CHRIST AT LEAST WITCHERFANS HAVE THE DIGNITY TO STAY AT THEIR OWN THREADS, NOT LIKE BLOODKEKS'
>>
>>333762516
It's alredy forgotten kek. It literally became irrelevant after DaS3 came out.

>name a game than Bloodborne
How I name a few?

>STALKER
>Dark Souls
>Demon's Souls
>Devil May Cry 3
>MGS2
>MGS3
>Uncharted 2
>>
lol i never see fans of any other game yell PROVE IT! when you say you played it and hated it

yeah, nothing fishy there at all, thats totally not a bad sign

BSB is the high point of the game btw
>>
>>333763680
Is fastfood shit the best food ever because it sells so good?

>>333763754
>The Witcher
It's literally one of the most popular games ever now.
>>
>>333763619
Don't even try it unless you have a 60 Mbps+ connection.

Even then, the latency would fuck you up.
>>
>>333763573
He didn't play it. I have the platinum and I loved every fucking second of this game
>>
potentially the greatest stealth game ever made

still holds up mechanically & stylistically, people who whine about graphics are underage fags
>>
>>333763751
>eating shit out of Irwinski's ass
>>
>>333763623
So if they weren't unique then it wouldn't be an issue?
>>
>>333762516
>slog through these twelve bosses that stand still and let you kill them
>so you can fight the next 6 that move around a little bit
>because we made combat as deep as a glass of water so we can't genuinely challenge players
Shit game, visuals and worldbuilding were wasted on it.
>>
>>333763903
Shit, I have to finally get myself to play it.
>>
>>333762516
>innovative
no, it is highly refined.
shame about the <30fps though.
>>
>>333763357
Why should I attempt to prove op wrong when he makes no attempt to prove himself right? Threads like this go nowhere because all that ever happens is op just says 'haha no' or 'play the game'. You want me to like bloodborne? Tell me why I should.
>>
>>333763841
>It's literally one of the most popular games ever now.
Hasn't even sold 6 million units across 3 platforms and doesn't even appear in sales charts anymore. It sold well for a relatively unknown developer but GTA V on PS4 still charts in top 10 best selling games on a weekly basis despite being a year older.
>>
>>333762516
I don't know why people keep trying to push this as either the greatest game ever made or absolute trash. It's a good game and that's it.
>>
>>333762516
>bloodborne
>innovative
I take it someone never played the rest of the Souls series.
>>
>>333763876
I know he didn't, I have the platinum as well.
>>
>>333762645
Same here familia.
>Chalice Dungeons
>Blood gems
>Lack of armor
>Lack of build variety
>Lack of utility magic spells
miracles
>Consumable healing and parrying items

I still liked BB though, despite this shit.
>>
Shame I can't play it
>>
>>333763528
>visual design
sure, the first werewolf I saw looked cool. but by the time I got to "werewolf only white and has like panties on her head or something also tailfeathers" I was sick of it.
>combat
combat is fundamentally broken because the best weapon is always the one with the longest reach. guns are worthless since parrying is inconsistent unless you're fighting an enemy you've faced hundreds of times before and practiced on.
>fanbase
symptom of the disease
>graphics
30fps, draw distance is shit where I regularly saw props pop in and out of existence while running on a street, blurry filters everywhere so you don't see the bad textures, camera frequently gets caught behind a scrap of cloth or something and blinds you...
>plot
don't even try to defend this garbage. I can read. in that game I read BLOOD HUNTING BEASTS MOON TIME DOLL BEASTS BLOOD PALEBLOOD GREAT ONES BLOOD and then stopped reading. being purposefully vague doesn't make your shit deep or interesting, and saying "lol everything is made of blood and is a dream maybe?" doesn't make a compelling story. Read a fucking book, maybe some Lovecraft so you'll know just how pathetically derivative and uninspired this drivel is.
>>
>>333762516
Ninja Gaiden Black is a much better game in the same genre
>>
>>333763962
it would be a forgivable mistake

on a unique enemy or miniboss it's laughably incompetent
>>
>>333764310
>parrying is inconsistent unless you've practiced
yeah, no shit
>>
>>333764103
You'll never have quantified evidence to support your arguments of just how bad it really is unless you play it.
For example, blood starved beast took an emtire development team to design, model, animate, implement, and balance. You'll never know just how bad that statement is until you experience the waking nap that is fighting what is essentially a four legged telegraph machine covered in toxic labia.
>>
>>333762516
Good God now I get why everyone hates you sonyggers

You get one good exclusive and go apeshit about, praising it like it's the hottest thing since cinema came to be. The game is good but that's it.

>name one game that comes closer to perfection
Witcher 3, you fucking contrarian faggot
>>
>>333764280
old hunters adds some fucking cool build options and one of the best boss fights in the souls games, sadly, the rest of the expansion is garbage
>>
>>333764591
I liked the fishing hamlet and Orphan of Kos. It was way too small though.
>>
add more weapons that actually have a purpose (tonitrus, reiterpallasch, saw spear, and to an extent the threaded cane are useless, which wouldn't be a big deal except the game has very few weapons)

make the game longer than 8 hours
add side quests
re-balance or remove gems
make pvp matchmaking make more sense

With those changes the game would be perfect. Bloodborne's biggest flaw is it's lack of content.
>>
>>333764520
not worth playing

Gascoigne was the only decent boss I found, and even he suffered from the terrible AI making him run into gravestones for five minutes
>>
nah

the main game goes to absolute shit after cathedral ward

forbidden woods is awful, shadows and rom are shit, yahargul is awful, the one reborn is shit, the dream areas are both shit with meh/awful bosses, upper cathedral ward has a shit boss, is too short, but ebrietas is good, cainhurst is wasted content

Honestly, I felt that people are far too lenient on the mid-late game content in bloodborne, it's a nosedive in quality very similar to post anor londo, if not worse.

chalice dungeons are shit

The DLC is good but in no way makes up for the utter boredom that result from playing the base game.

Honestly, Bloodborne is the only game in the series that literally bores me to tears to even pick up again after I platinum'd it, a ton of features are so inconvenient and tedious, the blood vial farming, loading screens through the shitty lamp-hunters dream system etc. the slog through the samey areas, it's all so drab and dull after the initial excitement from the first playthrough.

Rom, Hemwick Witches, Micolash, One Reborn, celestial emissary, mergo's wet nurse, shadows of yharnham, are all shit/meh bosses, then there's the rest of the mediocre stuff like cleric beast/living failures/laurence/chalice stuff/aymgdala/moon presence these all combined with the lack of incentive to explore areas after ng, and the samey long environments makes bloodborne an absolute chore to replay

If they made everything like the DLC bosses, and had more interesting areas in general, the game would be funner.

The NPC's in the game are pretty shit

The pvp is also absolutely awful, with half thought covenants, half thought invasion mechanics etc.
>>
>>333764310
>werewolf
Anon fucking please, finish the first half of the game and then complain about muh werewolves
>the best weapon is always the one with the longest reach
Bullshit, something like Reiterpallasch is extremely powerful if used properly.
>parrying is inconsistent unless you're fighting an enemy you've faced hundreds of times before and practiced on
I hate to say it but literally git fucking gud.

>graphics
>30fps
Huhuh
Also bullshit. Never saw any of this shit and I haven't ever seen anyone complaining about that. Draw distance doesn't fucking matter because you spend most of your time in tight streets and places where there's nothing to render.

>don't even try to defend this garbage. I can read. in that game I read BLOOD HUNTING BEASTS MOON TIME DOLL BEASTS BLOOD PALEBLOOD GREAT ONES BLOOD and then stopped reading. being purposefully vague doesn't make your shit deep or interesting, and saying "lol everything is made of blood and is a dream maybe?" doesn't make a compelling story. Read a fucking book, maybe some Lovecraft so you'll know just how pathetically derivative and uninspired this drivel is.

The Witcher 3:
>CIRI ELVES CIRI ELVES GERALT ELVES
Undertale:
>VIOLENCE IS BAD MONSTERS HUMANS
MGSV:
>PARASITES MEDIC CIPHER
I can summarize any 2015 video game this way. Fuck off, you have no right to talk about the plot if you think that there are werewolves everywhere in this game.
>>
>>333764779
threaded cane is incredible what are you talking about too. Saw Spear is too actually.
>>
>>333764878
>the dream areas are both shit with meh/awful bosses
I just laughed my ass off

>upper cathedral ward has a shit boss, is too short, but ebrietas is good
Excuse me? What the fuck

>mergo's wet nurse
>shit

Huhuhu

>The NPC's in the game are pretty shit

Absolutely shit taste.
>>
>>333764896
You forgot

BLOODBORNE
>DUDE
>AYY
>LMAO
>>
>>333762645
No, you're in the majority. I know a ton of people, real people not /v/ faggots, who love this game to death. They all only put about 100 hours into it.

I myself barely managed to put 30 in, cleared it twice and was just bored as fuck. It was a great ride but it lacks the appeal of the souls series.
>Probably because it isn't part of the souls series and shouldn't be compared to it.
>>
>>333762516
Majora's Mask.
>>
>>333764103
Play the game.

Its bretty gud
>>
>>333765027
I feel like the threaded cane is outclassed by every other fast dex weapon.

The saw spear is inferior to the saw cleaver in every possible way, I don't know why everyone thinks having a thrust attack automatically makes a weapon good. If you want a thrust attack, use the rifle spear.
>>
>>333765173
But this retard already said
>BLOOD HUNTING BEASTS MOON TIME DOLL BEASTS BLOOD PALEBLOOD GREAT ONES BLOOD

Can't you fucking read?
>>
>>333765283
It was for the sake of the joke.
>>
miyazaki doesnt even understand lovecraft, the whole point is that you can never understand it or discover it, and he has you turning into god slugs and staring at the creatures and shit

what a cancerous man
>>
>>333765253
the range on cane in addition to the speed is what makes it amazing. It's like a fast beat cutter. The saw cleaver is one of the best weapons in the game, yes its better, saw spear is still a very good weapon. Not useless at all.
>>
>>333765419
>what is oedon.
>>
>>333765419
>insight
>fucking oedon
>>
>>333764896
Parrying is broken because the timing is different for each enemy. Sometimes it's the beginning of the swing, sometimes it's the middle, and because the animations are bad there's no way to tell if they're doing a parryable attack until you've already committed. It's always better to roll and use a weapon with a long range to hit them before they hit you. I used the transformed axe almost exclusively and got to Central Yharnam Except With Churches I mean Cathedral Ward.

>30fps isn't a valid complaint in an action game
>draw distance doesn't matter because the game is basically one tight corridor
sure ok

>you can make any game's plot look bad though!
The Witcher, Undertale, and Metal Gear are all better than Bloodborne because they have characters who do more than mumble about blood from behind a window, they exist in universes where the rules are explained so that things make sense instead of "lol what if we put cthulu and werewolves in the same game", and they have themes, even really simple and basic themes such as "war is bad" is still far superior to "lol kill shit because blood I guess".
>>
>>333765119
Literally only Demon's and Dark Souls had good NPCs, because they actually felt like human beings. Each one had a defininh trait and flaw that ultimately impacted on their actions and future.
>>
>>333762516
Dark Souls
>>
>>333765538
>>333765573
umm yes something like oeden wouldnt exist in lovecraft thats the fucking point morons
>>
>>333762516
Witcher 3
>>
>>333762516
>innovative and masterfully crafted game
How is it living in the universe without dark souls?
>>
>>333762516
The only game that will be remembered as the new age definer is Undertale
>>
>>333764461
Dude. It's just an enemy hunter with a stake driver. You didn't miss out. The best NPC fights are Alfred, Eileen and Crowsteel.
>>
File: afflicted beggar.jpg (72 KB, 437x640) Image search: [Google]
afflicted beggar.jpg
72 KB, 437x640
>>333765646
>The Witcher, Undertale, and Metal Gear are all better than Bloodborne
Thanks for admitting you're a salty PCuck
>>
>>333765119
Nightmare frontier is awful, amygdala is absolutely wasted after the oppressive and domineering presence in yahargul, especially considering how easy and shit he was as a boss. Defiled chalice is an example of how the arena made him look much, much more horrific.

Nightmare of Mensis has some nice level design in terms of shortcuts, but honestly, there's not actually a lot to do there beyond the brain subplot, the winter lanterns are unfortunately awful in every way when it comes to engaging and challenging combat design, and serve only as incredibly tedious blocks that might as well be ran past a the cost of healing. The lower part serves little to no purpose, and the upper part is host to one awful boss ranking amongst the worst bosses in the series, side by side with bed of chaos, and one who was supposed to be the penultimate/ultimate boss and is instead incredibly easy to beat, but has a nice design.

both areas are very obviously rushed content.

Upper cathedral ward absolutely is FAR too short, you'd be blind not to see it.

The celestial emmisary boss is awful, relies on minions and is in effect a large minion by itself, absolutely no defence.

In addition there are tons of the "brainsucker" enemies which are incredibly unfun to fight and have 3 (THREE) close range fast activating attacks that drain 90% of your health instantaneously, literally no fucking defence here.

The NPC's are shit, in comparison to previous games they are hardly even there and serve much less importance to the games progression
>>
>>333765659
Only DeS had NPCs that felt real. DaS had garbage like
>muh serial killer
>muh goofy onion
>muh praise le sun xDD

Fuck, DaS really was the beginning of the end.
>>
>>333765728
Yes, a formless, unknowable cosmic entity beyond human comprehension and understanding isn't at all Lovecraftian.
>>
>>333765830
>Alfred
MY BLOOD, YOU'VE SPILLED MY BLOOD
>>
File: 1459103709202.png (1 MB, 1547x2121) Image search: [Google]
1459103709202.png
1 MB, 1547x2121
>>
File: 1460173563536.jpg (62 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1460173563536.jpg
62 KB, 1920x1080
>>333765851
>he didn't like my game :(
>it's j-just a salty pouca hehe...
>>
>>333765830
oh do any of them kill themselves? how many npcs need to spontaneously die while fighting you before it becomes a real problem?

>>333765851
his examples not mine you illiterate shiteating dumbfuck homosexual rodent
>>
>>333762516
Castlevania
>>
>>333762516
How the fuck is Bloodborne innovative when it's the Souls formula with tweaked combat in a different setting?
I seriously hope this is bait, if not you should kill yourself.
>>
>>333766014
I own Witcher 3 and MGSV as well, they were okay but fundamentally flawed. Undertale is an SNES era jrpg, who gives a shit about it.
>>
>>333765883
Nice strawman you got there. Solaire is still the best.
>>
>>333765646
Bullshit. You retard, you haven't even finished the first half of the game.

Try to understand fucking MGSV without finishing it.

Everytime you say something about the plot you prove that you haven't even touched this fucking game.

>they have characters who do more than mumble about blood from behind a window

Ocelot and Kaz from MGSV, they mumble from fucking nowhere. Awesome. Also have you actually met any NPCs after the first two areas?

The Witcher 3 is literally 'lol what if we put a white haired guy who slays monsters in a slavic universe'.
>>
>>333766071
>oh do any of them kill themselves?
Of course not. Because they're designed as actually well balanced and enjoyable encounters. Djura isn't.
>how many npcs need to spontaneously die while fighting you before it becomes a real problem?
Why the fuck are you so fucking upset? There's nothing special about his fight and you can get his loot even if he jumps to his death.

This is a special brand of autism.
>>
>>333765851
I don't get why PS4 owners think BB is so great. It was fun. I enjoyed it. I'll likely never play it again because it just doesn't have replay value.

What kind of autistic moron replays the same PvE encounters over and over when they've nothing left to gain from it? And the PvP? Worst From has ever done.

The game was an experience. It's done and dead now. I'm sure it'd make a buck of they ported to PC for people who don't own a PS4, but honestly? I'd rather just play DaS3, it's better. A lot better.
>>
>>333765997
sleep tight, dollie
>>
>>333762516
>have had old hunters dlc since it launched
>haven't had the willpower to even play it yet
>>
>>333766089
Tell me how The Witcher 3 is innovative
>copypaste characters from the books
>copypaste jokes from the books
>copypaste lore from the books
>copypaste weapons from the previous games
>copypaste enemies from the previous games
>slap some retarded combat on top of it
>>
>>333765997
ugly and unintelligent hunk of porcelain, tools are objects to be used, they shouldn't be allowed to sleep
>>
>>333766234
Why would I ever replay The Witcher 3 or MGSV? To listen to hours of dialog over and over again? Go find the missing soldier 15 times whiel I wait for a mission to unlock?
>>
>>333766218
>this fight is bad
>LOL NO IT'S NOT
>yes it is here's why
>OMG WHO FUCKING CARES YOU HAVE LE AUTISM

kill yourself
>>
File: 2016-04-06.png (526 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-06.png
526 KB, 1366x768
>>333764280
>I still liked BB though, despite this shit.
The only two reasons to honestly like BB is for the fast paced combat and the lovecraftian themes late game.
>>
>>333766374
Lol he didn't even mention Witcher 3. That wound cut really deep it seems.
>>
File: deus_ex.jpg (85 KB, 953x953) Image search: [Google]
deus_ex.jpg
85 KB, 953x953
>>333766374
Who the fuck said it was or even mention TW3?
Is this some special new kind of autism?
Pic related is an innovative game, Bloodborne isn't innovative, like at all.
>>
its kinda fun shitposting bloodbornefags
>>
>>333766559
>LOL NO IT'S NOT
That's not what I said though. I said you shouldn't care since he's not one of the good NPC fights. Just give up, you're a fucking idiot.
>kill yourself
No you.
>>
>>333763623
Really? I had to try 2 or 3 times until I made him fall.
>>
>>333762516
this game is like okay at best

the dick riding it receives just lowers it even more
>>
>>333766181
I spoilt myself on the ending after quitting. You kill the baby Mergo and it's not explained who it is or why you had to kill it, just like all the other bosses. Then you talk to Gehrman and he says you have to die for reasons that are not explained. Then you kill him. Then you fight the Moon Presence which is something you don't understand for reasons that are not explained. Then the game ends and the fate of your character is left unknown. That's not a story. That's somebody who ran out of ideas. Even fucking Mass Effect 3 had a better and more coherent ending than that.
>>
File: images-1.jpg (6 KB, 270x187) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
6 KB, 270x187
>>333765916
>he didnt play the game
>hed rather shitpost about it on an anonymous imageboard
>he does it for free
> this is how he spends his saturdays
>>
>>333764591

Shit opinion. Old yharnam, the research hall and fishing village are some of the best areas in thr game. Ludwig maria and orphan of kos are the best bosses in the game. I just wish the dlc was longer
>>
>>333766596
I feel like the visual design is the strongest part of the game personally.
>>
>>333766596
I thought the game dealt with the lovecraftian themes in lore quite well.

But outside of ebrietas, moon presence, hunters dream and the fishing village, I don't think the actual in game content really represented them very interestingly

I would have liked bloodborne to explore some really fucked up locations that seem completely bizarre/unreal, the same feeling I got when I fell into rom's lake.

I was really disappointed with the game overall in that regard when I finished it.

In general I thought it dealt with applying a horror setting to a souls game very well.
>>
>>333764310

>doesnt mention all the unique bosses after amelia
>shits on the plot and hasnt read the paleblood
>parrying is inconsistent

Im a doctor and i can confidently diagnose you with mental retardation
>>
>>333766908
>I'm too lazy/dumb/illiterate to put together the story from the clues and other elements of the plot.

I can answer literally every question you have about the ending of the game or almost any of the bosses or other plot elements. There's far more stuff that's explained and makes sense than there is plot holes and inconsistencies or unnecessary vagueries
>>
>>333766710
I never said he was good. I said the devs are incompetent fucks who can't handle basic AI bounding boxes. You're the one who's eating fromsoft's fecal matter and shilling for them because some anon said a bad thing about your precious game and getting butthurt when you realize that I'm actually right.

>>333766815
happened to me on my 2nd attempt didn't even try to make him fall, I was on the middle and he just ran off the edge.
>>
>>333767156
>I never said he was good
I never said you said he was.
> I said the devs are incompetent fucks who can't handle basic AI bounding boxes.
Enemies falling off ledges is common in shitloads of games. You're an idiot.
>Scat analogies
Oh, you're a literal pile of garbage who's just trying to stir shit up. Go fuck your grandpa.
>>
>>333767087
>hunchbacked witch
>ringwaiths
>several ayylmaos
>unique bosses
>>
>>333763754
Witcher 3 sold 10m, senpai

on topic: Bloodborne is Demon's Souls 4

It's a speck of dirt on a grimy old boot compared to The Witcher 3. Stop praising these hastily made jap games please.
>>
>>333765419
>he has you turning into god slugs and staring at the creatures and shit

Forgive me but what does this have to do with anything? Have you actually read lovecraft stories such as Innsmouth and the Beast in the Cave not to mention several other stories where people in them were turned into beasts.

Miyazaki did the Lovecraftian theme VERY well in this game and insight is only one proof of this.
>>
>>333766908
>for the reasons that are not explained
Of course they are, you know why he would want to do that since the beginning of the game.

>Then you fight the Moon Presence which is something you don't understand for reasons that are not explained
Literally the most obvious part of the story. You even listed it yourself in one of the previous posts.

>Then the game ends and the fate of your character is left unknown.
Bullshit. You know your fate in all three of the endings.
>>
>>333762516
So edgy, Anon. I wish I had such good taste as you. Fucking bloodborne faggot. All you have to do to beat anything in this linear edgy grimdark cuck fag SJW mary sue game is spam r1 like Assassins Creed, but put even less thought into it.
>>
>>333766014

If you actually played undertale youre a pcuck. No one else played that shit game pcucks are just that desperate for an "exclusive" see gone home
>>
>>333767114
there's no story. there are beasts, blood does stuff, and there's a dream. Gehrman probably made the dream. Another guy and a spider made another dream and there's some baby named Mergo who is bad probably. Also the moon. That's not a plot.
>>
File: 1449603432614.jpg (35 KB, 229x343) Image search: [Google]
1449603432614.jpg
35 KB, 229x343
>>333767416
>this linear edgy grimdark cuck fag SJW mary sue game
anon youre killing me
>>
>>333767325
>Witcher 3 sold 10m, senpai
Not even close desu
>>
>>333767534
>there's no story.
You are factually wrong. Now go play something a little more tuned to your sensibilities and attention span.
>>
>>333767046
>>333766938
I agree though. The game's atmosphere is a really strong point for it and I loved it because of this.
>>
>>333767353
no you don't know what happens because the devs got wet after seeing Inception and think that "everything might be a dream" makes your story deep
>>
>>333766908

Hi DSP
>>
>>333767663
>>333767673
>being this asspained
>>
>>333767667
>everything might be a dream

Are you retarded? There is a dream as a location in the game and that's it, don't try to make up some retarded stories in your mind to shit on a game you haven't even finished.
>>
File: 4ThePlayers.png (361 KB, 1347x789) Image search: [Google]
4ThePlayers.png
361 KB, 1347x789
>>333767517
Sonyggers literally eat up every kind of indie garbage that shows up in their console
Undertale literally only sold well because everyone with a calculator can play it
>>
>>333767806
except for the other nightmare you go to that's like a giant brain or whatever

also if everything isn't a dream then why does Gehrman kill you to wake you up?
>>
>>333767806
>not realizing there are 5 levels of dreaming in BB
>>
>>333767885
>Sign a contract
>You get linked to the dream
>You have to kill a Great One
>You kill Mergo
>You fullfilled your contract
>You're free to go, Gehrman frees you from the dream

Wow, that's why. Eileen did the same thing.

Dream is a location, you retard. Other dreams are locations as well with their hosts and habitants.
>>
its the only game on the ps4
>>
>>333767885
Because only he has that power from what I understand, that's the reason why he wants to leave badly but he cannot. You get that power if you kill him but you don't kill MP.

It's pretty simple really and the game gives you the tools to understand the plot for the most part.
>>
I would say it's the pinnacle of this gaming generation so far. Near perfect design. I have a few qualms about the pvo but as a first time single player experience Bloodborne is unmatched.
>>
>>333767885
There's only one thing unexplained in the story, but that's because it's supposed to be Lovecraftian.

You don't know why Moon Presence is hostile towards other Great Ones, but that's because the player is supposed to be a pawn of greater beings that you can't really understand
>>
The problem BB threads have on /v/ is the, seemingly, inability to ignore obvious shitposting and bait. If we would do this only a fraction the threads would be of a much higher quality.
>>
>>333768196
>doesn't explain what Great Ones are
>doesn't explain why we're fighting them
>doesn't explain what beasts are
>doesn't explain why hunters hunt beasts if we're trying to kill Great Ones
>doesn't explain why hunters and people turn into beasts
>doesn't explain anything about what happened to Yharnam, Cainhurst, Byrgenwerth, the Healing Church, or anything really.
>doesn't explain why Gehrman fights you
>doesn't explain what paleblood is or why it's so important
>Amygdala is a Great One but doesn't count?
>you don't even see the contract, that's your headcanon

quit speculating with fancanon, show me something IN-GAME with some semblance of a good story or plot to it.
>>
File: HOI.gif (216 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
HOI.gif
216 KB, 256x256
>>333762516
Any game that gets this level of shitposting surrounding it is extraordinary

The darks souls series and its offshoots are no exception.
>>
>>333768425
>he has the power to kill you which isn't really killing you it releases you from the dream which isn't really a dream but the dream is real and you're dead in the dream and you can get that power that you don't understand if you kill him or you can eat an item that you don't know what it is to kill another thing that you don't know what it is and have something unknown happen to you

perfectly clear I see now
>>
>>333762516
aria of sorrow
>bloodborne
>perfection
lol
>>
>>333768803
>doesn't explain what Great Ones are
Greater beings, another race that is more intelligent and powerful than humans.
>doesn't explain why we're fighting them
Of course it does.
>doesn't explain what beasts are
Of course it does, even in the fucking trailers.
>doesn't explain why hunters hunt beasts if we're trying to kill Great Ones
Of course it does.
>doesn't explain why hunters and people turn into beasts
Of course it does.
>doesn't explain anything about what happened to Yharnam, Cainhurst, Byrgenwerth, the Healing Church, or anything really.
Of course it fucking does.
You have to be retarded to not know why
>doesn't explain what paleblood is or why it's so important
It does.

Do you want me to answer all your retarded questions, idiot?
>>
>>333768692
>You don't know why Moon Presence is hostile towards other Great Ones

It's obvious for anyone who has read Lovecraftian books. The cosmic entities have always been at war with each other and some have even taken others as slaves and the slaves usually rebel eventually and usually win. However there are always brainwashed worshipers as well as people who try to stop them.

I have not read one Lovecraft story that ended well and I think they took this note with BB's endings. The closest thing to a "good" ending would be letting Gehrman kill you.
>>
>>333769107
Oh, I missed that part. Then there's not A SINGLE THING unexplained in this fucking game.
>>
>>333768803
That's pretty obvious, he wants to free you from the dream (and the hunt), if you accept you go away, if you refuses you fight and defeat him but you become the new boss of the Hunter's dream.
>>
>>333768961
The umbilical cords all but spell out what they do.
>>
>>333768803
Dude pay attention when you play the game, most if that stuff is in item descriptions or can be easily inferred from the environments. Or are you really so stupid that you need everything to be handed to you on a plate? Fallout 4 might be more up your alley.
>>
>>333769063
no I'm not interested in your headcanon.

show me those questions answered by the GAME.

for fuck's sake even the most important item in the game has it's name mistranslated so you don't know if it's 1/3 of a cord or a third cord.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (853 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
853 KB, 2560x1440
>I want you to name one game that is closer to perfection than bloodborne.

Check mate find a flaw etc
>>
>>333765997
sleep tight, dollie
>>
Why is Bloodborne so terrible guys? I really wanted it to be good...

sigh
>>
>>333769107
>>333769238
>why is the moon alien fighting the other aliens?
>because that's what the aliens do
>OH NOW EVERYTHING MAKES SENSE THANK YOU GAME OF THE YEAR SUCH BRILLIANT WRITING

read a fucking book
>>
Serious talk, is there any chance of BB coming to PC? I know DeS is impossible, Sony owns the IP. But is that the case with BB too?
>>
>>333769391
not enough never ever memes
>>
>>333769326
I laugh every time soulsfags defend 80% of their games story being attached to sticky notes on shit you pick up.
>>
>>333769238
I have to admit though that I didn't read one piece of Lovecraftian lore or stories because I played BB. After reading a great deal of the writings many things in BB made sense to me and you can see the connections well ingame and in the stories.

I would recommend either pirating or purchasing one of the lovecraft megapacks and they even have some audiobooks for free read by random people.
>>
>>333769623
it's not going to PC

just get a PS4 in like three years when it's actually worth a fuck, DaS 3 is a better game so that should hold you over next week
>>
>>333769280
Why does Gehrman have to kill me to release me? Why don't I just teleport back to the real world and go on my merry way? Where do I go after I die in the dream? It's unclear. Everything is unclear. Fancanon doesn't make the actual plot not shit.

>>333769326
>item descriptions
>useful
fuck off, they don't even tell you what the item does half the time.

show me the item description that explains what happens to you after Gehrman kills you, show me the item description that says why there's a hunt every month or so, show me the item description that says why people turn into beasts, show me the item description that explains what Amygdala is if not a great one.

I enjoy minimalist stories but this is dogshit written by people who just want to appear 2deep4u.
>>
>>333769496
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age.”
>>
>>333769356
Which ones? I'm not going to explain to you why someone started recruiting people to kill mad beasts fucking up the city.

Tell me which ones should I answer and I'll answer them.
>>
>>333769623
Reading the credits of BB, Shuhei Yoshida was the executive producer or supervisor for the project.
He himself also said no in response to this question on Twitter.

As someone who enjoys it, it's not worth getting your panties in a bunch.
If you get a PS4 later on for TLG or FFXV, BB will be $20.
For now you're not missing much.
When Bloodborne is at its best, it's incredible.
But the amount of boring crap in the game outweighs the good parts unless you're a big fan of Souls bossfights.
>>
>>333769973
>show me the item description that says why there's a hunt every month or so
If you need the game to tell you why people feel the need to get together to wipe out packs of bloodthirsty beasts that plague the city you might have brain problems
>>
>>333769973
Okay. Ask me one question at the time and I'll quote NPCs and item descriptions. Of course I'll post the source as well.
>>
Bloodborne
>3 endings
>you finish the job you set out to do but nothing improves
>you take the place of the Big Bad
>you sacrifice yourself to break the system and help everyone else
>all vague and provide little context or information
>OMG SO DEEP GOTY

Mass Effect 3
>3 endings
>you finish the job you set out to do but nothing improves
>you take the place of the Big Bad
>you sacrifice yourself to break the system and help everyone else
>all vague and provide little context or information
>OMG WORST GAME EVER RIOT IN THE STREETS DEMAND FREE DLC
>>
>>333770401
Based.
>>
>>333770404
You're fucking retarded. You don't know shit about this game because people had to explain the endings to you IN THIS FUCKING THREAD.

You don't know context, you don't know shit. Fuck off now, it's not the game's fault that we have to explain to you even the smallest detail in a sentence that is less complicated than four words.
>>
>>333770137
that's a lot of fancy words by someone with a thesaurus to say "we don't know shit and I like it that way"

>>333770156
>>333770351
how about WHY there are beasts in the first place? why do we only kill them on one night? why do we bother pissing off great ones if we're supposed to hunt beasts?
>>
>>333765192
>Love this game to death
>100 hours

Wew lad.
>>
File: Hw8y8C0.png (74 KB, 1156x2055) Image search: [Google]
Hw8y8C0.png
74 KB, 1156x2055
Tfw can't afford the dlc for bloodborne because so poor but still bloodborne Is my favorite game.

Is the dlc fun guys?
>>
Super Mario World
gg eznore
>>
>>333770583
I already knew what the endings are. They're shit. I ask simple questions like "why does Gehrman have to kill you", "if the world is real then where do you go after Gehrman kills you", and "what the fuck is the moon alien". Then soulsfags like you lose your shit and start sperging out about how I didn't read enough item descriptions. You're pathetic. Accept that the game is poorly written and move on with your life.
>>
>>333770629
>something something blood is evil don't over indulge
>Oh no every one over indulge and now they're mad and want more
Yo know if you played the game, you'll find out that it tells you these things
>>
>>333770404
one of those spent 3 games telling you your choices would matter
one of those thought that having a final boss would be too "videogamey"

And nobody has said the story is "deep".. All anyone in the thread has said is that it exists and that seems to make shitposters lose their fucking minds
>>
>>333770827
some enemies are 100% bullshit designed by assholes but yeah its a nice experience
>>
>>333769669
>>333769973
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH IM STUPID AND CAN'T PAY ATTENTION MOMMY SAVE ME FROM THESE EVIL BLOODBORNE FANS WHO WON'T SPOONFEED ME
>>
>>333770827
Would anyone wanna buy me the dlc....
Heh
>>
Probably the best video about this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voMAx-lKfIw
>>
>>333770875
the real reason is that one of those spent 3 games giving you well-written characters and a story that you cared about then failed to live up to lofty expectations, the other one spent 3 games lowering fanboy expectations so that they could deliver a steaming hunk of shit and nobody would notice.
>>
>>333762910
>parry doesn't work

stopped reading RIGHT there
>>
Red Dead Redemption
>>
>>333771243
>story is bad. this is why.
>NOOOO IT'S NOT YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAAAAAAAND REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

kill yourself
>>
>>333771475
correction: it works but it's so pointless that it might as well not exist
>>
>>333765646
Undertale had literally no character development. Get out
>>
File: 1452670166742.jpg (159 KB, 800x567) Image search: [Google]
1452670166742.jpg
159 KB, 800x567
zzzZZZ
>>
>>333771810
“Throw a stick, and the servile dog wheezes and pants and stumbles to bring it to you. Do the same before a cat, and he will eye you with coolly polite and somewhat bored amusement. And just as inferior people prefer the inferior animal which scampers excitedly because someone else wants something, so do superior people respect the superior animal which lives its own life and knows that the puerile stick-throwings of alien bipeds are none of its business and beneath its notice. The dog barks and begs and tumbles to amuse you when you crack the whip. That pleases a meekness-loving peasant who relishes a stimulus to his self importance. The cat, on the other hand, charms you into playing for its benefit when it wishes to be amused; making you rush about the room with a paper on a string when it feels like exercise, but refusing all your attempts to make it play when it is not in the humour. That is personality and individuality and self-respect -- the calm mastery of a being whose life is its own and not yours -- and the superior person recognises and appreciates this because he too is a free soul whose position is assured, and whose only law is his own heritage and aesthetic sense.”
>>
>>333771973
I know that's from one of Lovecraft's letters
>>
>>333771769
Neither does Bloodborne. Unless you count "hi im a hunter RARGH IMMA BEAST NOW" as character development. At least Undertale's characters were interesting and entertaining for a little while, Bloodborne's characters sound like they're all voiced by the same British alcoholic mumbler and none of them have any personality.
>>
>>333765997
Sleep tight, dollie
>>333771810
WAKE UP YOU PANTS-PISSING SLUT
>>
>>333770629
>how about WHY there are beasts in the first place?

"The church controls all knowledge on blood ministration, and all varieties of blood. Across the valley to the East of Yharnam lies the town of the Healing Church, known as the Cathedral Ward. And deep within the Cathedral Ward is the old grand cathedral. ...the birthplace of the Healing Church's special blood, or so they say."
- Gilbert

"As you know, the Healing Church is the fountainhead of blood healing."
- Alfred

In the Cathedral there's Ebrietas, a Great One. Her blood was used to cure people and then they changed into beasts.

>why do we only kill them on one night?

Moon Presence gives somebody a contract to kill a Great One. No descriptions/dialogue - you get the contract to kill a Great One, kill it and it's okay until Moon Presence decides to kill another Great One.

>why do we bother pissing off great ones if we're supposed to hunt beasts?

Watch the intro, you're one of the people who came to Yharnam for blood healing.

"Good. All signed and sealed. Now let's begin the transfusion. Oh, don't you worry. Whatever happens... You may think it all a mere bad dream..." - Blood Minister, first five minutes of the game

Contract is fulfilled when you kill a Great One, that's what you have to do to free yourself from the dream. That's why you bother with Great Ones.

>>333770851
>why does Gehrman have to kill you

You sign the contract, you kill the Great One, and you can see that night progresses.

"Good hunter, you have come... Dawn will soon break... This night, and this dream, will end. Gehrman awaits you, at the foot of the great tree. Go on, good hunter..." - Doll

"if the world is real then where do you go after Gehrman kills you"

There's the real world and the dream hosted by Gehrman. After signing the contract you're linked to the dream. After Gehrman kills you you go back to the real world forever.
>>
>>333771973
dog owners BTFO
>>
>>333772163
so are you finally admitting that the game pulls the "lol it was all a dream" card?
>>
>>333772082
>Eileen the Crow
>Gilbert
>Alfred

What are you talking about?
>>
>>333772447
No? The dream is a pocket dimension.

"lol it was all a dream"
Doll and the workshop (locations) are a dream. Nothing else, Moon Presence is a great one and Gehrman is a prisoner inside it. Dream is just a dumb name.
>>
>>333765253

Saw Spear is better than the Cleaver due to its moveset. Cleaver's is shit compared to the Spear's.
>>
>>333772447
You didn't read a single thing he typed did you, there is a real world everything that happens started in the real world, the dreams and the nightmare came after and are not permanent
>>
>>333772082
Also, that does count as character development. Whether it appeals to you doesn't matter one bit. Way to (try to) oversimplify things to make your point more appealing. It didn't work, fampai
>>
>>333772506
Eileen
>imma kill these people. thank you for helping me kill these people.
Gilbert
>oh im sick. oh im a wolf now.
Alfred
>imma kill this woman. i killed her might as well kill myself for reasons that are never explained.

I'm talking about how Bloodborne doesn't have characters, just item dispensers.
>>
>>333772587
if nothing else is a dream then why does Gehrman kill you at the end and where do you end up?

and don't give me that pocket dimension headcanon bullshit. the dream is a fucking dream.
>>
>>333772783

Alfred kills himself becuase he wants to be a martyr. It's retarded but that's the reason.

Bloodborne has really shitty questlines. The only ones i would say are legit are Eileen, and even then her questline is pretty fucking garbage.
>>
>>333772751
no it's not, dying isn't character development. if I shot you in the head it wouldn't make you more interesting.
>>
>>333772942
Because your job is done, you don't need to be apart of the dream anymore for that reason, and isn't headcannon the game tells you the dream and the real world is two different places
>>
>>333772967
>headcanon
>>
>>333772942
>the dream is a fucking dream

And Washington is a fucking Washington.

>if nothing else is a dream then why does Gehrman kill you at the end and where do you end up?

You just answered your own question, you "wake up" (leave if you still don't understand what is a name) the dream and end up in the real world in which you killed the beasts. Now if you die you just die.
>>
>>333764814
He's the first fucking boss
>>
>>333772783
You left out the antecedents in the latter two descriptions. Also, Eileen falling into madness is development.

Also keep in mind that Bloodborne, and the entire Souls series has a (seemingly) intentionally limited cast

>>333773102
Except the do things before dying. Not a hard concept to grasp
>>
>>333773148
If the real world is really real then why does Gehrman kill me? I'm already free to go back to the real world whenever I want. The only reason he'd kill me is if Yharnam isn't real.
>>
>>333770728
so?
>>
>>333772942
IS IT REALLY SO FUCKING HARD TO UNDERSTAND?

>You sign a contract
>You're forced to kill a great one
>Congratulations, now when you die you end up in a magical place called 'the dream'
>You can go back to the real world from the dream
>If you fulfill the contract you're no longer needed, so you get kicked out of the dream
>Now if you die you DON'T end up in a magical place called 'the dream'
>>
>>333773254
Falling to madness for reasons that are never explained isn't character development.

And none of them do anything interesting besides kill other equally boring npcs.
>>
File: 1459570939765.png (304 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1459570939765.png
304 KB, 640x360
>>333762516
>yfw sonyfags are the new bronies
>>
>>333773596
Alfred is one of the most interesting NPCs in the from software games
>>
>>333762516
>enjoyed by countless generations.
>ps4s die after 10 years
>no one will ever play it again
>>
>>333771272
Pls guys
>>
>>333773596
She fights monsters. On your first encounter with her she explicitly says that she's pretty much scared shitless.
>>
>>333773386
Because you were still apart of the dream, a dream that is not yours, and the owner wanted you gone. Did you even watch the ending? How the hell could you say Yharnam isn't real when you wake up in it
>>
>>333773635
>retard says that story doesn't make sense
>proven wrong
>REEEEE SONYPONIES
>>
>>333773680
they will play it on PCSX4 desu
>>
>>333771340
holy shit thats a good video
>>
>>333773560
>you're forced to kill a great one
headcanon
>if you fulfill the contract you're no longer needed
why?
>now if you die you don't end up in the dream
so why would anyone sign the contract to begin with?

Even without those holes that's not a story. It's an extended excuse for respawning.
>>
>>333773386
Because the act of killing you by the host marks your disconnection from his dream.

Just going to the real world is not a way to disconnect yourself from the dream.
>>
>>333773676
>I want to kill evil person because she's evil
>please help me kill evil person
>now that evil person is dead i will kill myself so that other people who don't exist will think im a martyr

wow so deep
>>
>>333771973
cat owners are cucks. KEKS.
>>
>>333773776
I never said it didn't make sense, I said it was bad. It's intentionally vague enough so that fanboys with nothing better to do can create all kinds of headcanon to make sense of the drivel.
>>
>>333773884
>headcanon
You're retarded. You sign a contract, you're linked to the dream, you kill a great one and you're free. How dumb do you have to be to not understand that?

>why?

Because you had to kill a great one. You kill a great one and you're free to go. No one needs you now.

>so why would anyone sign the contract to begin with?
The hunter came to Yharnam to get healed. Blood Minister made him sign the contract to get the transfusion.

>Even without those holes that's not a story.

I have proven wrong EVERY SINGLE POINT you made.
>>
>>333763903
This. And actually one of a few games where fan content is better then original fucking game, while OC is awesome.
>>
File: explain.png (21 KB, 496x537) Image search: [Google]
explain.png
21 KB, 496x537
>>333774142
>doesn't explain
>>
The only problem is that it's too short.
>>
>>333774142
>headcanon
>sources
>quotes

You're the most retarded person I've ever encountered on this board. Do you have any dignity? If I were you I'd leave this thread, you made a complete ass of yourself.
>>
>>333773992
>I want to kill evil person because she's evil
That's not why he wants to kill her, did you even played the game?
>>
>>333773680
I play my PS1 games on console. Must be magic.
>>
File: 14246778.png (572 KB, 1200x1072) Image search: [Google]
14246778.png
572 KB, 1200x1072
>>333774142
>proven wrong by sources and quotes
>HEADCANON REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>in 20 years there will be dozens of souls clones
>>
I feel like anyone who says this sort of shit about any game only plays fucking garbage compared to the game they're praising.
>>
>>333775162
name one other game as good released in the past 5 years
>>
>>333775162
Not him, but I've played most games people have praised a lot these past few years and the Souls series is one of the few that I actually agree with.
>>
>>333769486
Because you can't play it PCuck.
>>
>>333769391
Game plays well but looks like somebody vomited all over the art design.
>>
>Skyrim isn't his game of the decade

lol...
>>
>>333762645
It's the difference between a perfectly cooked piece of filet mignon, and an early-bird buffet
>>
File: 1428308427087.jpg (120 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1428308427087.jpg
120 KB, 640x480
>>333762516
> The art piece that will be remembered as the most innovative and masterfully crafted game of the past 16-some years.
San Francisco hipsters have been trying for years to make just that. Releasing overpriced products filled with pretentious and clearly forced references to show how progressive they are, average at best art and often zero regard for gameplay or just overall fun. They can't even nail it with a multi-million dollar budget(See: The Witness.).

Bloodborne nailed it in a way that they could only dream of. The art is 10/10, the themes are 10/10, the music is 11/10 and the story is ambiguous yet non-pretentious. To top it all off the gameplay, weapons and overall fun factor are easy 10's.

>pic related, mfw Johnny Blows
>>
>>333762910
>parry doesn't work
It's one of thosw git gud things. I couldn't parry BSB for shit a year ago, but now I can easily read his attacks.
>visual design is garbage
Nah it's pretty good for what they were going for.
>combat is boring
Depends on the weapon, but all engagements are pretty much the same, so you're right.
>fanbase is retarded
That can be said about every game.
>multiplayer might as well not exist
Maybe for invades, but for co-op the playerbase is still there.
>lazy 2deep4u plot
Did you even pay attention? Or read anything? Guy that believes in aliens has a student that believes more in blood magic, starts a giant church and cult, turns the entire city into crazy loons and werewolf monsters, and the people that know the true cause (have a lot of insight) are variants of the tentacle monsters, as you see many of them just hanging around on buildings with enough insight, as well as late game when you kill the bug that's forcefully hiding all of them.

The game is average, but you don't know shot about any of the negatives.
>>
>>333775232
rogue galaxy, ETG, DaS3, DaS1, NT, Starsector, LR, Dead Star, Battleborn, Revelations 1+2, AOW 3, POE, XCOM 2, Victor Vran, Grim Dawn, and many many more. Most I ve named are actually 1-2 years old or less, could easily go back all the way to 2011 and list more on the way there. BB wasn't 10/10 so its not that hard. inb4 subjective opinion doesn't count because of autism but other subjective opinion counts.
>>
>>333776132
>naming a game that isn't even out

wew
>>
>>333776286
>ignores 10+ other games
nice job you tard. Which one isn't out? DaS3 has been out for almost 3 full weeks now, you didn't play it yet?
>>
>>333776132
wow, it's fucking nothing but garbage. Not one person in this thread has named a better game. Not ONE game.
>>
>>333762516

It's a damn good game, but you're a faggot.
>>
>>333776498
>confirmed for not playing a single one of them. All of them are 8-9/10, fucking kek.
Thread replies: 251
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.