[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you have saved it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: file.png (193 KB, 652x370) Image search: [Google]
file.png
193 KB, 652x370
How would you have saved it?
>>
>>333750460

used Yakuza connections to force Japanese third parties to develop for the system.
>>
>>333750460
Don't name it Wii U because you'll confuse casual moms who already have trouble differentiating between how many versions of DS there are
Launch with a line up of videogames worth buying a console for. A non-remake Zelda and a 3D Mario are essential, but the mario came way late in the system's life and the zelda is probably going to be pushed back to sell NX's
when your top ten games on gamefaqs include unreleased Zelda you have a serious games lack
just make more games god dammit
>>
>>333750460
> name it wii 2
> bundle with mario maker at launch to sell the gamepad

Would have ended up with gamecube-tier sales at least
>>
File: 2016_04_07_091503.png (28 KB, 258x360) Image search: [Google]
2016_04_07_091503.png
28 KB, 258x360
>>333750460
>Wii U Rhythm Heaven Game
The touchscreen could have had so much potential with it. Maybe you could swipe the screen according to the beat or do other motions with it.

>Punch Out U (Punch U Out)
HD Little Mac adventure like the NES or Wii version of Punch Out. Touch screen could show you a first person view while the TV showed you the default angle and vice-versa.

These are two games that I can think of that could have made the Wii U library more appealing. Maybe it wouldn't make a huge difference, but I'm sure it would've made the Wii U look better than it looks now.
>>
Remove gamepad
>>
File: wiiuprocontro.jpg (73 KB, 1500x1096) Image search: [Google]
wiiuprocontro.jpg
73 KB, 1500x1096
>>333752180
hooray the wii u is saved
>>
>>333752180
This and change the name
That's all they needed to do to get a bit more sales.
>>
>>333752180
>>333752808
>removing the one thing that makes it enjoyable
No.

>INB4 "muh gimmicks"
I guarantee anyone that hates the gamepad has never used it. I think I could agree if you suggested a version without the gamepad bundled (hence it'd be an optional, but recommended, peripheral)
>>
>>333752978
I don't hate the gamepad, but I rather use a normal controller. I always use the pro controller when playing MK8 and such.
>>
>>333753486
I feel like I'm the only person that plays MK8 with a wii wheel I'm significantly better with it, too. Although, I do use the pro controller for sonic racing transformed.
>>
>>333752978
The thing is way too big and only a couple of games use it.
>>
Virtual Console has every game ever published by Nintendo up until the N64
>>
>>333750460
I would have actually releasaed Zelda Wii U.
>>
>>333754364
If you count off-tv play then almost every game uses it, else more use it than you think, it's just that it's only required in 2 games.
>>
>people bitching about the gamepad
The gamepad is awesome. I like how it's nice and wide. It feels odd going back to a "standard" controller, like the 360 controller or something. It feels like I have to scrunch my arms to my body. The Wii U gamepad is the ultimate controller for comfort.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.