[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GET THE FUCK IN HERE and tell me why you miss this game are the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: Star_Wars_Galaxies_604x423.jpg (35 KB, 604x423) Image search: [Google]
Star_Wars_Galaxies_604x423.jpg
35 KB, 604x423
GET THE FUCK IN HERE
and tell me why you miss this game
are the golden days truly gone?
>>
fuck you all
>>
>>333743897

Here OP, have a bump.
>>
life is truly awful what the fuck do ihave to look forward to????????????? dying????????
>>
I remember playing it. Some alien guy (whatever race greedo was) once taught me how to speak, like, every language. Shit was cool.

I had no idea what I was doing though, ever. I think I once got a quest to craft something and couldn't figure it out.
>>
It was a unique experience that even after the NGE shafted the game was still worth playing if you were into MMOs and SW. Before and after NGE I played Bounty Hunter and always had a blast. Its full-world maps with free player towns/housing was something truly special to it as well.

Looking back I think all the MMOs I've played since SWG have been compared to its standard. It's that kind of game.
>>
>>333743897
>see no other doctors in front of the Coronet Starport
>start setting up my doctor buff macro and hospital droid
>"3k HAM buffs, 10k or 75k to skip the line."
>Massive line forms
>so many people paying to skip the line that it ends up forming a 2nd line

Was anyone else on the Lowca server?
>>
swgemu any good?
>>
>>333743897

i dont because im not a nostalgia fag or memester and i can accept that SWTOR is a lot better

this post is gonna get called a bait definetly and probably a shill
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWb3cxA4g_U
>>
>>333743897
>>333744781

I have SWGEmu downloaded and ready, just need some motivation to learn the game
>>
>>333748581
0/10
>>
I threw away a boxed original copy of this game yesterday. felt bad
>>
>>333751110
I sold one on amazon for 50 bucks a couple of years ago after the game went offline
so you should feel bad
>>
File: 1457225036596.gif (961 KB, 245x213) Image search: [Google]
1457225036596.gif
961 KB, 245x213
Yeah, they are. I still occasionally log into the emulator server for my fix, but it's just not the same.
>>
>>333743897
>TFW playing swgemu
>TFW joined a relaxed guild that runs deathwatch bunker twice a week and we do krayt hunts

Feels good man
>>
>>333743897
It's kinda shit. The player run economy means there's no actual game assets or rewards, there's no RPG progression and your stats and shit stay the same from the start. CU and other updates made the game a more enjoyable MMO but bootyblasted autistic crafters.
>>
>>333752812
is swgemu worth playing for someone who has never played swg before?
>>
>>333749295
Do you actually need an ORIGINAL Star Wars Galaxies client, is it mandatory to have an ORIGINAL Star Wars Galaxies client?
>>
>>333754625
Pretty sure that's just there so asspained lawyers have no legal ground to sue them.
>>
jedi when?
jump to lightspeed when?
swgemu when ?
>>
kinda miss pic related

even the community is dead
>>
>>333753762
Yes. SWGEmu is great
>>
>>333756210
first time i erped was in that game
/amkiss
>>
>>333743897

This game was shit, but it was also the shit. Tons of bugs to go along with all the great memories.

I remember being one of the few players to ever bother with ranger and getting paid to find krayt dragons for fuckhuge hunting parties of 20+ people in the krayt graveyard (meanwhile me and my buds were downing ancient krayts with a doctor, TKA, commando and combat medic group).

Anchorhead night raids were fucking brilliant, charging into the cantina and murdering rebel scum was fun.

At one point I went up the smuggler tree and made so much money selling faction and spice all over the galaxy.

I was personal friends with the guy who got the first force sensitive slot on Bria. He would go out into the middle of the desert on Tatooine and grind on mobs forever (it took so much exp to level jedi) and every so often me and some others would get the call that he'd been spotted and needed some friends to come out and save his ass.

Killing night sisters on dathomir, tusken fort raids, massive pvp battles in Theed, finding the house that belongs to that one rebel you hate and ambushing him on his doorstep, making shit tons of money by selling krayt pearl blaster rifles, that stupid fucking death watch dungeon on endor that everyone did so they could get mandalorian armor - all the shit I did in this game probably defined MMO's for me.

RIP ;_;
>>
>>333757861
>Tons of bugs to go along with all the great memories.
classic SOE
>>
File: screenShot0042.jpg (1 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
screenShot0042.jpg
1 MB, 1680x1050
>>333753762
Doubtful, and I wouldn't bother unless you join a guild with others. I've been in the /vg/ guild for a while and I've seen it pull in 20+ new players twice. Never lasted long, but still quite fun and tons of completely new people.

Short answer: New players come back in 2 years when they reset the server and the population booms with new characters. Returning players come back for a blast of nostalgia for a month or two.
>>
>>333760176
Ironically, for a server that outright state that there is going to be a wipe, is the longest lasting server that out live all other servers that claims to not wipe their server but end up dead because of dev team bickering and bitching.
>>
File: ryanmode.jpg (100 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
ryanmode.jpg
100 KB, 640x360
>>333746819

i want to know this too

i never got to experience this and now that nostalrius is dead now is the time
>>
>>333746819
>>333761338
Despite the planned wipe in the future when the dev is finish adding the space combat, Basilisk/swgemu the only reliable server out there. The mmo is outright brutal if you are going to start out for the first time and will require you to hace some interaction with some players if you want to get by. Eventually, it's soloable once your know what do to, but you still need to interact with players to get those buff and heals
>>
>>333761338
See >>333760176
Except now I realize 2 years is probably too short. Try 4 years, 10 for space combat.

Or if you're just way too curious try in a couple months when the new patch is released and the population spikes up for a couple months. The game teaches you nothing at all and you need to learn almost everything from other players (many of which are happy to help), so if you jump in alone, know this.

>>333762027
Mostly this. I just now realized the irony which is in the game you depend so much on other players for information but when it comes to pve combat there's very little reason to group up since you can solo almost everything in the game if you're prepared.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.