[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the closest you can get to simulating a Walking Dead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: twd_2.jpg (88 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
twd_2.jpg
88 KB, 1280x720
What's the closest you can get to simulating a Walking Dead game that's actually good? I know there was some licensed shooter that's supposed to be garbage, and there's the Telltale games but that's not what I'm looking for.

I tried Dying Light, but it didn't really give off the same feel. Are there any good mods for anything that gives a somewhat similar experience?
>>
>mostly talking
>lots of drama

Telltale really got it the closest.
>>
>>333742274
I actually loved the Telltale games, but I'm looking for something more along the lines of a FPS.
>>
>>333742113
>>333742274
>>333742326
DayZ
>>
Isn't really any, maybe This War of Mine? Doesn't have zombies but the survival shit and meeting other survivors is probably the closest thing there is.
>>
State of Decay.
Too bad the good mods don't work no more.
>>
>>333742631
Is DayZ any good? I remember watching footage of it a while ago and it looked janky as fuck. Zombies teleporting around, huge delays between shooting an enemy at the game registering it, player interaction seemed to be exclusively killing everyone you encounter without any cooperation, etc.
>>
>>333742770
It's fun in a sense I have not enjoyed myself like this since TBC WoW.

I can go fuck with people and take their shit.

I can threaten them over mic and get them do what I want since I got a gun.

or group up and have a war with a rival faction.
>>
>>333742113
Facade
>>
>>333742113
Dynasty Warriors
>>
Dying Light solo has that kind of feel. Really cool world and it's daunting at first because your character is weak as fuck. You're forced to loot a fuck ton and evade most enemies or you'll be fucked.
>>
It sucks that, as popular zombies are and how over-used they are considered to be. There's barely any proper zombie apocalypse survival games. There's tons of "zombie survival games" like DayZ and the mincraft-like shit but they aren't really the same thing.

State of Decay and Project Zomboid seem to be the only decent/good one's and in both interaction with other groups of survivors is either shit/lame or basically non-existant.
>>
Dead state, it's isometric rpg though.
>>
>>333743309
Agreed. Seemed like at one point, everyone was coming out with their own zombie game, and none of them have really come out with an experience that particularly feels like TWD.
>>
>>333742113
Project Zomboid multiplayer

Or the NPCs that will have peronalities conflicts and shit.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.