[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Finally hit 800 dashes I just want to thank the academy,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: Featured7.jpg (75 KB, 624x300) Image search: [Google]
Featured7.jpg
75 KB, 624x300
>Finally hit 800 dashes

I just want to thank the academy, my mother for giving birth to me, and my older brother for teaching me vidya

Hyper Light Thread

Fuck the bird people
>>
I wish they'd taken more time with it. More features, more areas, more polish and this would've been a pretty good game instead of just an OK one.
>>
>>333726730
Did you do it with a controller or kb+m?
>>
>>333726730
Frog people are infinitely worse

>>333727207
Controller is the best way to play
>>
>>333727582
Yeah but the 800 dash challenge becomes irrelevant if you're doing it with the keyboard
>>
>>333727207
Kbm is fucking hell. I don't know what happens with controllers, but kbm gives you a tiny, transparent crosshair, that you can't even see on winter maps and dark rooms, and its vital to character movement and attacks. And WHY? Why not just make dash and attacks contextual to WASD? It really sucks out all the fun when during boss battles your min concern is not to lose a fucking crosshair out of sight
>>
Playing it now. Pretty fun so far, but feels like it's missing something.

Also, the side stories(when you're told that the enemies are dicks and did bad stuff, i.e frog people/bird people) could have a bit more depth. No text/language isn't an excuse to not develop things unless you're a bad writer.
>>
>>333726730
Congratulations on achieving fucking nothing, absolutely nothing in a game requires you to dash more than 3 times
>>
>>333730014
>Not doing it for the thrill of going fast

It's like you don't even sanic.
>>
Hanged Man would be a perfect boss fight if he just had one extra attack instead of spawning shitters. Final boss is a weak bitch, if you have shot reflection he pretty much kills himself for you, I also found it weird that he doesn't up his game when you get him to low hp.
>>
>>333730976
>going fast at silky smooth 30fps
>>
File: 234563246.jpg (59 KB, 448x473) Image search: [Google]
234563246.jpg
59 KB, 448x473
>>333726730
Why did they lock one of the most useful bits of kit behind such a dull challenge?

I mean yeah, it's genuinely not easy to do with a controller, you have to focus reasonably well to get over 800 whilst doing laps like you're supposed to, but couldn't there have been a more interesting dashing challenge? The combat challenge was at least varied and engaging with 5 different themed arenas and enemies from everywhere in the game. Why didn't they make a challenge area where you had to perform a series of chain-dashes in hazardous conditions combining falling platforms, crushers, crystal floors and fire traps?
>>
>>333732526
Yeah the framerate limit was a weird choice for a game like this. I've been getting some performance issues trying to play it on a laptop that should be well capable. Back to my main PC I suppose.
>>
>>333727945
Controllers have that. Pushing left stick in a direction has the character, sword swings, dash, and bullets all go in that direction. If you hold LT, you go into aim mode, standing still with the crosshair visible and you can dash/swing/fire.
>>
>>333733143
>you have to perform one long chain-hop across a maze of fire trap / falling platforms
I'll take tapping spacebar 800 times any day.
>>
File: FUCKYOU.jpg (222 KB, 800x449) Image search: [Google]
FUCKYOU.jpg
222 KB, 800x449
Fuck these piece of shits
>>
>>333726942

This.

Still a neat game though, I like the exploration - I just wish there'd be more of it.
>>
>>333730014
>absolutely nothing in a game requires you to dash more than 3 times

You lie, some keys and areas are hidden behind dash puzzles.
>>
>>333734837
The sword upgrade that lets you reflect projectiles is p. decent for dealing with those guys in an entertaining way.
>>333735028
Maybe what he means is that you can finish the game without needing to do any of the secrets that require extended chain-dashing. Missing out on content isn't ideal though.
>>
>>333726730
3 0 F R A M E S
F
R
A
M
E
S
>>
>>333735028
Let me correct myself: nothing in the main story campaign requires you to perform more than three. I don't a shit about a million stupid hidden rooms that only autists will bother with
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.