[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will Dota's custom map community ever top that of WC3?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: browse_0021.png (612 KB, 1015x798) Image search: [Google]
browse_0021.png
612 KB, 1015x798
Will Dota's custom map community ever top that of WC3?
>>
Sadly no
>>
>>333719964
Nope because Dota is the base game and has a lot more variety than WC3 multiplayer.
>>
>>333719964
The tools are way too fucking limited and hard to use right now and haven't really been updated since september.
If they want to bring in new people to just throw together some games so maybe some good ones will stick, they need to imrpove it to at least worldedit levels.

It doesn't help that a lot of the popular games are wc3 remakes and that it's nearly impossible to get exposure if you aren't in the tio 10.
>>
>>333720461
While irony, that's an interesting point.

I think I can agree that the modidng scene will peform worse the less content and functions a game has.

Warcraft 3 hit many things right in the custom games department.
>>
>>333719964

>newfag shitters who endlessly play the same fucking game on the same map for several thousand hours
>create a better community map scene than the dudes from 2004-5

You have to be joking
>>
LOL
>>
>>333722706

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails?id=307510729

LOL9
>>
It just doesn't have the same charm as playing with your buddies and scrolling through the custom game list for things that sound fun and then end up being a huge hentai picture or a dick or some tub girl shit when you download the map
>>
>>333719964
The WC3TFT map editor was an unbelievably powerful program.
>>
>>333719964
No
>worse editor
>aspergers community that only wants the old wc3 mods like TD/LoaP/CustomArena
>>
Not with that shitty Pudge Wars.
>>
It might but:
1. The tools are shit for learning how to map, so no users

2. The current server browsing/game is super super super shit. Which mean no new cool maps will ever be discovered

3. "Our most popular map list? Autoqueue for it?" yeah, this kills any chance of custom maps in reality

4. Custom dota 2 modes needs to die in a fire before we can do anything at all
>>
Oh, their custom thing came out? Didn't know.
>>
>>333727028
You have to install additional tools to run that. But there hasn't been much motion for over a year which makes me wonder if Valve is actually planning something or if it's decidedly left to rot.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.