[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've never owned a handheld game system before. Should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Nintendo-3ds.jpg (44 KB, 640x544) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo-3ds.jpg
44 KB, 640x544
I've never owned a handheld game system before.

Should I get on the 3DS, or just buy a GBA SP and start there?
>>
ofc 3ds, just emulate gba for a dozen of good games it has
>>
>>333717724
Get the Vita instead for free PSP and free PS1 games.
>>
>>333718554
But ironically, no free Vita games?
>>
>>333718053
This. If you really want a portable experience, see if you can pick up an old PSP and hack it.
PSP emulation was pretty god-tier. In fact, I primarily used my PSP to play GBA games.
>>
>>333718657
We haven't found a method to run Vita games yet.
>>
>>333717724
Get a new 3DS and hack to get CFW on it. It pretty amazing when you get to that point.
>>
N3DS is an alright start, you might be able to install custom firmware depending on the official firmware version.

A PSP with custom firmware or a DS with flashcarts are also very good options.
>>
IIRC the last ds that could play gba games straight off the cart without latency issues was DSlite. You can still obviously play them on an emulator on PC but I rather have the handheld experience personally. Apparently there are some fps issues with certain gba games when playing on a modded 3ds.

If that's still the case I would recommend picking up a dslite with a flashcard that will let you play gba games too. DS and GBA library is superior to 3DS's in it's current state imo.
>>
>>333718939
Modded 3DS has no issues with gba games using the agb_firm method.
>>
if you've never owned a handheld before it may be better to go with the SP. the SP is cheaper, so if handheld gaming isn't for you you haven't wasted much money.
>>
>>333718682
Got any good guide to hack a psp 3000 ?
>>
>>333719251
http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSP/DEVICE_PSP.html
>>
>>333719354
Nice !
Thank you, based anon.
>>
>>333718686
Well that sucks. Sounds like a shitty idea to recommend it to people then.
>>
>>333718053
>dozen

Nigger the GBA is my favorite system of all time, I'm still playing that shit
>>
>>333717724
Why would you carry gimped smartphone though? Just download emulator and carry controller for those games unplayable on touch screen.
>>
I bought a used nintendo DS 6 years ago that I never used or bought games for. What can I do with it? Is hacking an option?
>>
>>333717724
The pokemon n3ds bundle is available on fry's.com right now, get that shit while you still can

Install cfw and you can emulate all the gb/gba games you want.
>>
>>333717724
Nintendo 3DS has some great rpgs, if you're a fan of those.

The Etrian Odyssey series is amazing if you like that genre and they go on sale relatively often. Persona Q is okay if you like Persona, although it's more casual and essentially pure fanservice.

Bravely Default is a pretty great RPG, although you should probably steer clear from the sequel unless you're absolutely in love with the battle system.

In terms of SRPGs theres FE:Awakening (which has a strong following despite /v/ hating it) and Fates (although its localization is an absolute disaster). There's also Stella Glow which is easier than FE but is fun and has good waifus music and isn't as weeb as it looks (although its still pretty weeb).

If you like Pokemon there's X/Y and ORAS, which are pretty good despite /vp/ hating them. There's also Super Mystery Dungeon which is an amazing game.

As for GBA games you can emulate those, same with DS games.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.