[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I guess now we can stop arguing because real facts show that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 12
File: You don't want vanilla.jpg (39 KB, 730x284) Image search: [Google]
You don't want vanilla.jpg
39 KB, 730x284
I guess now we can stop arguing because real facts show that almost NO ONE wants to play on the legacy servers
Funny, but blizzard dude was right when said that "You think you do, but you don't"
>>
>making bait OPs to fuel shitposting

well done Op, well done
>>
File: 1413946537671.gif (1 MB, 280x210) Image search: [Google]
1413946537671.gif
1 MB, 280x210
BTFO
>>
Why would I play a private vanilla server?

I will just play Wildstar if I want a 40 man, vanilla raiding experience, its free too
>>
>Tom cruise cuck is a russian

Just when I thought you couldn't sink any lower
>>
File: 123.png (301 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
123.png
301 KB, 500x333
>>333715274
I'm american m8
>>
>>333715089
Funny that the total amount of voters is not even making up 10% of the daily playerbase nos had
>>
>>333715089

Where do you get that from?

According to the poll, a majority of voters want a legacy server.
>>
>>333715427
This
It was mostly fucking Blizzdrones
>>
>>333715427
plus it's on a shill-ridden pro-Blizzard website and still it shows 32% support.
>>
>>333715089
I don't get it, who were the votees?
Blizzfags, Nostalriusfags, a third party? Depending in where this poll took place heavily impacts the results, also 830 votes is fuck all.
>>
>>333715274
>Tom cruise cuck is a russian
I don't understand.

>>333715089
Everyone with taste wants vanilla. Maybe Burning Crusade, I personally loved it. What are you talking about?
>>
>>333715525
>it's not a hugbox so they're shills

kys vanillacuck
>>
I doubt many people that actually played vanilla still care about playing vanilla, although tons of people will lie about it.

In actuality, I feel all expansions had good and bad points, but I think perhaps the game or genre has just been around for so long that for any fans it has lost its magic. The oversimplifying and dumbing down does hurt it both to veterans and fans of older MMOs, but newer players still seem to get some fleeting enjoyment out of it, and for a ten year old game that is still free to play, the game is holding on very well, even with massive sub decline. I regret that I don't think I will ever enjoy the game again like I used to, or maybe even any game, but I don't have the time to invest on a game, or grinding with my guildies, or farming dungeons and 10 mans like I used to. My life has changed significantly since I was big into WoW and I think a lot of people want to recapture that magic they felt in high school and college, that has gotten away from them now that they are (ostensibly) adults. I really wish I could enjoy a game like I did back then, when getting out of class or coming out of school meant time spent with many likeminded friends, and many of my friends from vanilla/BC/wrath still maintain a ventrilo server and play games together. But it's not and never will be the same. Even if we played on a vanilla server.
>>
Any guilds on Nos complete Naxx or AQ40? I can't imagine freeloaders giving 100% effort to clearing content. My AQ40 guild had us raiding 3 nights a week, 3.5 hours each, and this was with dedicated members. We had 15 bench guys ready to come in if needed, but everyone was on the ball about killing shit.

Nos had a serious raid community? And if yes, did everyone farm up their gear and do it the legacy way? or did Nos has vendors handing out gear?
>>
>>333715729
Nos had 0 pay2win. That was why it was so fucking good. Everything had to be obtained the legitimate way.
>>
>>333715729
>Any guilds on Nos complete Naxx or AQ40?
AQ was in beta testing and was supposed to release later this month. Naxx of course wasn't out yet.

>Nos had a serious raid community?
Pretty serious yeah. Plenty of guilds had MC/BWL of farm and were preparing for the AQ gate questline as well as AQ itself.
>>
>>333715582
Blizz apologists on a third party website (mmo-champ)
>>
>>333715846

No wonder people act like Nost was some perfect experience, they didn't reach the end

People don't seem to realize how fucking boring a server that would never get anything new would be
>>
>>333715729
naxx and aq werent even released on nos yet because they werent scripted
didnt even have diremaul north

mc was cleared 2 weeks after launch
>>
>>333715835
>0 pay to win
>admins let gooks sell gold and took a profit

Hows it feel knowing they were dicking you over since the beginning?
>>
>>333715089
>NO ONE wants to play on the legacy servers

>over half of the voters would play on a vanilla server
>on a notoriously pro-blizzard site

lmao OP you're not only fucking autistic but also stupid
>>
>>333716075
>Let gooks sell gold
You can't really STOP gooks from selling gold
>>
>>333716059
>didnt even have diremaul north

holy shit? why did people play on nost again? it's pretty cleared it was shilled to heights instead of merits
>>
>>333715975
There was no end my man. Nost had just published a page detailing their plans to move into BC by the end of the year.
>>
>>333715729
>3 nights a week, 3.5 hours each, and this was with dedicated members
Doesn't sound very dedicated
We raided with same schedule during BC and my guild was pretty casual and killed Muru only after prepatch
And my guild was even more casual during vanilla and we killed few bosses in naxx(no, aq40 wasn't fully cleared)
>>333715975
There was 2-3 months of MC on nost I think, and playerbase only grew larger
It wasn't bad, unlike retail vanilla had many others things to do aside of raids and many ways to fuck around
>>
>>333716136
because
>muh pop
>>
>>333716137

and then what, move on to WotLK, then Cata, then MoP?

eventually you'd stop and there'd be nothing coming out
>>
>>333716320
>eventually you'd stop and there'd be nothing coming out
Yeah and everyone would have 6 years of good content and fun gameplay to show for it. Well worth it imo
>>
>>333716320
No, they would shut down the server and restart their progress again on Vanilla just like always

Thats the private server life
Level up
Do some MC/BWL/ZG maybe
Server is reset
Start again

I played a private server 4 years ago, I dont see the appeal of doing it all over again.
>>
so 56.27% of the blizzdrones with mmo-champ registered accounts would be interested in legacy servers.

I don't understand how this supports your argument OP?
>>
>>333716443

and its clearly never been successful for any company dumb enough to try that
>>
>>333716381
>Yeah and everyone would have 6 years of good content and fun gameplay to show for it. Well worth it imo

But we already had this. You know, when blizzard released it years ago

Or could you just not afford it, and its why you wait years for someone to script a half-assed version so you can experience what everyone else did years ago?
>>
>>333716520

they're absolutely not experiencing what it was like when the real thing happened

Private servers have not and never will be remotely accurate
>>
>>333715679
Every single person doesn't think like you do though.
It seems like you've given up, but there are others who would like to at least be given the chance to recapture those old feelings, even if you claim you haven't felt that way in years and recapturing those feelings is an impossibility now, doesn't mean it's the same for everyone.
I'm not even sure if I'll truly have fun like I used to if Blizzard released Vanilla servers, but the fact is that I haven't played Wow in years, and I'd really appreciate it if Blizzard at least gave us the option.
There are people who think different from you, who think different from me, however at the end of it all, I truly believe that if Vanilla servers were to happen, a proper community would form given time, Blizzard just needs to take that chance.
>>
>>333716443
>>333716137
>moving to TBC without AQ and Naxx
fucking awful
>>
>>333716137
I played for a long time on warsong from feenix, when it was the most popular classic server two years ago. It died for different reasons, but one reason was that there was everyone standing around in their t3 and aq40 gear and the few new players having no chance to even do 5 mans to gear up. A reset would have saved the server, but also make a lot of people angry
>>
>>333716205
we cleared 40 and worked on a wing of naxx before BC release. 3 nights was all we needed. everyone played well, and spent their off-time improving their gear with pvp items. we had dozens of players at rank 10 or higher.

I should feel bad because our guild cherry picked good players from other guilds. we had people quitting their small, family guilds to do big raids, which I'm sure many thought of us as cancerous to the community.

I do miss that shit from vanilla. 25m is fun, but 40 felt truly "epic", if that's the best way to describe it.

killing arthas with 10/25 players felt so wrong.
>>
Raiding with a guild doing current content when its new has the exact same community feeling

I understand if you dont have a guild and just do pug/lfr when its outdated

Feel like most of nostalgiababbies never experienced current content with a guild
>>
The poll isn't preference based so it's factually invalid.
>>
>>333716520
>But we already had this. You know, when blizzard released it years ago
Just like I played deus ex and bg years ago
Doesn't stop me from playing them again sometimes, and I for sure would pay for blizzard legacy severs, because I love fun games and hate polished and balanced garbage like wotlk, pillars of eternity and dragon age inqusition
>>
File: 1400276996087.png (206 KB, 289x280) Image search: [Google]
1400276996087.png
206 KB, 289x280
>>333715089
>baiting this hard
oh god please OP
>>
>>333716786
>Feel like most of nostalgiababbies never experienced current content with a guild
They are all LFR heroes.
>>
>>333716786
I left just little before 6.1 was released
Emperor mythic was one of the best fights in the history of wow
But vanilla/bc compared to the wotlk are very different games. Don't understand why it's hard for you to see
>>
File: 1452184014292.jpg (57 KB, 468x324) Image search: [Google]
1452184014292.jpg
57 KB, 468x324
>>333716859
>WOTLK
>balanced
>vanilla
>fun
>polish
>bad
I dont even know where to start
>>
>>333716520
12 years ago. More than enough time for it to be replayable and fresh content for most people. You should also consider that a huge portion of people never did get to experience it, so in a way it'd be novelty to them to see what the old game was like.

>Or could you just not afford it
It's $15/month. The amount of people that can't afford that for a game that provides hundreds/thousands of hours of entertainment is negligible.
>>
>>333717052
>we removed fun so you could bring players and not class to the raid
Yes, it was one the types of balancing game
>>
File: th.jpg (13 KB, 283x240) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
13 KB, 283x240
>>333717007
lady vash was damn fun. TBC had a lot of great fights, tho.

>mfw kael's last phase when he powered up
holy shit, too much fun. I say fuck vanilla legacy. tbc legacy would be the greatest shit ever.
>>
>>333717139
>implying that bringing the playernot the class is not the essence of fun
>>
>>333717007
>compared to the wotlk+
Fucking iPhone removed "+"
>>
>>333717306
Maybe for the moba audience...
Never met any mmo players who would want something like that
>>
>>333717243
Kael sucked as I had to tank him as a Lock. So many people could fuck up. Also, no loot EVER for me in all of TBC. Nothing dropped I wanted.
>>
>>333716520

Final Fantasy VII also released in 1997, doesn't mean people never play it again.
>>
>>333717128
You can experience the content anytime you want,nothing is stopping you

Have some people level up and turn off exp at 70.
Oh boo hoo you wont have original talents etc, oh well

Rereleasing content will just sliver and spread the community out even more

Oh wow this TBC legacy server has been out for 2 years! I want to try TBC!, oh wait where are the people who will help me out with my rep etc?

There arent infinite people doing old shit and will never be
>>
File: charlie1.jpg (19 KB, 320x314) Image search: [Google]
charlie1.jpg
19 KB, 320x314
>>333717432
Yes, Moba players, who put characters into rigid roles would LOVE that.

And removing good players just because they rolled the wrong class is obviously AMAZING design.
Fucking retard.
>>
>taking anything from mmocuck seriously
>>
>>333717536
>And removing good players just because they rolled the wrong class is obviously AMAZING design.
It is
>>
>>333715089
>set up a poll on a white supremacy website on "are black people good for humanity"
>results say no
Gee anon. Could it be that a localized small poll based off a community known for Blizzard support and massive antipiracy could be against private WoW servers?

/thread

All posts beyond this point are redundant
>>
>>333717519
>You can experience the content anytime you want,nothing is stopping you
shut the fuck up
>>
>>333717650
You deserved that Nostalrius shutdown.
>>
>>333717306

Yeah, I''m given a illusion of choice because at the end of the day I'm more of a role than a class.
>>
polls like this don't work when you have people already playing on vanilla servers.
>>
>>333717715
Im not wrong friend
>>
File: 1460188162287.webm (981 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1460188162287.webm
981 KB, 480x480
>>333718042
>You can still eat the McRib anon
>I took a fat dump after eating one years ago, it's still floating around in the sewer somewhere, just go eat that
>it's basically the same thing
>>
>>333718426
kungen did pretty well with it, but he didnt cling to it forever like nostalcucks do
>>
Every one of these threads delve into an argument between a strawman of Old WoW versus New WoW. Focus on the actual argument. People want legacy servers. They are willing to pay for it. There is no reason why blizzard shouldn't release it. They don't even have to come up with content. Consider it a different game. "Legacy of Warcraft. Relive WoW from birth to whatever Meme expansion you quit at."

Don't give me the bullshit excuse that this is somehow unachievable for one of the largest video game companies in the world to handle. There CLEARLY is a demand for it, so even if only 2000 people play at time, thats 2000 extra customers. Blizzard has to dedicate a few servers to run an older patch version. The best part is thats all they have to do. They can just say "Nope we aren't going to change ANYTHING just like you want. so deal with balance issues."

With that said, This whole thing is just you chasing nostalgia. I've been down this road before with Runecape and the reopenning of Runescape Classic. No not Meme 07scape. Game started turning to shit well before that. It's all nostalgia. That point in your life you are chasing after. Logging on the this magical world back when I was 11 cannot be matched. I'm almost 30 now. I don't have 8 hours a day to mine some rune ore or wait for 40 of you faggots to raid for 5 hours a night in some shitty oldschool raid we've done 50 times over.
>>
830 votes and god knows where this poll was even from

ITS OVER /V/ IS FINISHED
>>
>>333720637
>Blizzard releases legacy TBC server
>Hype bandwagon
>People quit in a month
>Oh look nobody to help people just joining do the quest chains, rep grinds and attunements

what a surprise
>>
>>333715089

>A poll hosted on MMO Champion aka the sorry fucks that still lap up all of blizzards new shit
>Expecting honest results
>>
WoW was fucking shit in vanilla and still shit now.

But I don't see why we can't just let the nostalgiafags enjoy their grindy chore of a game.
>>
File: 1779.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1779.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>>333720637
>This whole thing is just you chasing nostalgia.

Tbqh, it's not at all. I'm tired of hearing this bullshit.

This is essentially like saying people who play any game made prior to whatever arbitrary date you make up in your head are just doing it for nostalgia.

I mean, how about people actually thinking the game was better? How about people actually thinking Final Fantasy VII is better than Final Fantasy 13, even with the better graphics, and the more "modern" battle system?

Face it, some people just consider the game better back in the day, and you can keep spamming the cancerous nostalgia argument but it's not going to become true.
>>
>>333716075
Blizzard is currently selling gold, it was less p2w than retail
>>
>>333720916
>even then almost half say they'd pay to play vanilla
>>
>>333722501
>I mean, how about people actually thinking the game was better
They are wrong
>How about people actually thinking Final Fantasy VII is better than Final Fantasy 13
They are wrong
8 was better, but 7 is too dated
>>
>>333722501
Unfortunately MMOs are a different beast. Video games are for the most part expected to stay as is. Sure you can add some extra bells and whistles, maybe a rerelease a few years down. But when I play FFVII, I'm playing pretty much the same game as I did years ago.

But MMO's by their very nature must stay fresh and ever changing to maintain interest. I know that you are a fucking loser who can spend hours waiting for people to meet up to clear a dungeon, but all your peers have grown up and have lives to live. Maybe you liked the sense of community that WoW use to have. But that isn't because of patch updates and expansions. Thats because of what video games and the internet use to be back then. When you can now instantly connect to any random pleb and circlejerk together on pretty much any game, the fact that I can talk to some orc in orgrimmar loses it's meaning. Things like lfr and crossrealm didn't kill WoW. The fact that EVERY other game had means to instantly get you in the action would have killed WoW, but Blizzard had to go with the times and include those means in their game.
>>
>>333724085
>but Blizzard had to go with the times and include those means in their game
And ended up with ~50k active subs compared to Nost's 150k. It's funny how you're completely fucking retarded.
>>
>>333724463
>50k active subs

Show me a link saying that, oh wait thats just some bullshit number you came up with.
>>
>>333724463
>still believes wow only has 50k subscribers
>>
>>333715089
This poll was done on a site where the userbase consists of people that are STILL playing WoD

It means nothing
>>
>>333724085
>Unfortunately MMOs are a different beast.

No. They aren't. That's just bullshit, and something you made up on the spot because you're a pathetic shill faggot you is probably getting paid to spam on this fucking website.
>>
File: 1458357202651.png (389 KB, 437x581) Image search: [Google]
1458357202651.png
389 KB, 437x581
>>333725031
Do the people shouting shill all day expect to be taken seriously?
Its pretty hilarious.
>>
>>333725227
Do people like you who are obvious shills think that we don't get it?

It's pretty hilarious.
>>
File: 1456632005330.png (623 KB, 572x612) Image search: [Google]
1456632005330.png
623 KB, 572x612
>>333725462
Keep going.
>>
WoW sucks anyway
>>
>>333715089
For those of you saying vanilla server players would eventually get bored, blizzard could just make that shit harder until the point that only near perfection could complete the last raid

You know what would be fun forever? World pvp
>>
>>333725031
What the fuck are you talking about? The entire premise behind an MMO is accomplishing things with thousands of other players. Thousands of players aren't going to clear the same fucking raids over and over for the next hundred years just cause you are autistic. They are going to move on the something else, and now clearing Molten Core isn't the same. Not because of some change in mechanics of the game, but because you don't have people to fucking play with. Which is the entire fucking point of an MMO. Playing with other people.

Also to clarify, I'm the anon who thinks Blizzard SHOULD release legacy servers. But stop deluding yourself into thinking the game was so fucking amazing back then. I'm arguing that nostalgia is the main reason why Vanilla WoW is so highly regarded. You ae blind if you don't think the had major flaws back then.
>>
>>333715089
>~51%
>noone
Okay.
>>
Considering millions of people play WoW, there isn't going to be a single thing the majority of players are going to vote yes on unless it's retarded shit like would you like it if the game was free.
>>
File: 1434933003850.jpg (164 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1434933003850.jpg
164 KB, 960x720
>830 votes
>for a game that had well over 1 million players during Vanilla

Yep, we sure got the consensus down.
>>
>>333725647
>expecting a vanilla server
>let alone blizzard UPDATING a vanilla server

the delusion
>>
>>333725790
>But stop deluding yourself into thinking the game was so fucking amazing back then. I'm arguing that nostalgia is the main reason why Vanilla WoW is so highly regarded. You ae blind if you don't think the had major flaws back then.

Like I said in my original comment here>>333722501, if nostalgia really is the reason people want to play Vanilla WoW, then this goes for any game made prior to 2016.

If it doesn't apply to them, why does it apply to WoW?

Just because you cannot handle the fact that people think the game was better then, doesn't make it nostalgia you mongoloid sperg.
>>
>>333726535
Most of real life polls take into account only about ~1000 people with different lifestyles, occupations, classes and even from other regions and just multiply the whole thing. Asking everyone "what do you enjoy" would be just as efficient as telling a one year old do quantum physics.
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.