[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>nostalgic piano music starts to play
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: mn.jpg (66 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
mn.jpg
66 KB, 600x338
>nostalgic piano music starts to play
>>
>>333712815
Minecraft OST was goat
>>
What EXACTLY went wrong here?

It had so much damn promise in the beginning.
>>
>>333713204
adventure update
>>
>>333713204
>>333713243
absolutely nothing went wrong, it's the most successful game of all time
>>
>>333713243
everyone says this. everyone says adventure update ruined everything but, isnt more focus on adventuring what everyone wanted? the freebuild modes were as fleshed out as they were ever going to be, but survival was super barebones. it needed more things to do in the world, and reasons to do them.
>>
Finally they fixed my xbox one server from continuous crashes after porting it over from 360 some time back with the latest update. :)
>>
>>333712815
It boggles the mind how much money he made off that game.

From nothing, all the way to having more money than God.
>>
>>333713983
>Implying God partakes in earthly riches
I'm not Christian and even I know that.
>>
>>333714237 (You)
>>
That music always made me feel sad as fuck for some reason
>>
>>333713437
It did it terribly

You now didn't even want to explore because there was still no reward. The only good thing was how you found the ender portal, that was clever, but damn farming the pearls was the stupidest thing. Out of all the mobs you had to farm endermen?
>>
>>333714237
[WHALESONG INTENSIFIES]
>>
>>333713204
Notch abandomed his original vision and then left. A bunch of fanboys who developed custom server software took creative control.

If you want an interesting take on what could have been, check out a mod called TerraFirmaCraft. It gives the game a very Dwarf Fortressish feel and gameplay.
>>
>>333714237
no!
>>
how is it 'nostalgic'?
>>
>>333713204
Excessive use of protections scripts on servers took the fun out of griefing and defending your home.

That also meant you didn't have to think strategically where to build your shit or force you to come up with creative ways to hide your house.

Retarded mods turned the MP in to an MMO, adding classes/spells and even microtransactions.

All the other additions also failed to make the game any better and the novelty ran out soon enough after that
>>
I just wish it was still small. Nothing really wrong with the game except for garbage 1.9 combat shitty shit shit, that update should be burned down to hell. It's just the people who play it and the people who produce content for it.
For an older person to play minecraft, it feels like watching fucking nick jr or something like that.
I dont want to do that.
It really just feels shitty to enjoy anymore.
At least I can still love terraria.
>>
>>333714705
If you want an anarchy PvP server, check out 2b2t. It only has anticheat plugins and is otherwise vanilla minecraft. Tons of players and a 5 year old map with no limits.
>>
>no new mobs
>no new mechanics
>enchant mechanics are horseshit
>bosses are just grindfests
>the fear of night last only two three days until you get anything past stone
>no reward for dungeon crawling except for dead ends
>combat is just hold down attack until it dies
>makes me want to play dwarf fortress instead
>>
Most of the stuff people already said in the thread.
If nothing else, hunger was the biggest fuckup.
That and the botched abortion that was the "ending".

I still can't wait for the game to come out on Gear VR, though. That's gonna be fun.
>>
>There's glider wings now
Maybe someday, there'll be an Ornithopter.
>>
>>333714237
Delet
>>
>>333714237
NONONONONO

Although why is minecraft full of autismos? Is it because of virtual infinite legos?
>>
>>333712815
You have to be 18+ to post here OP
>>
>>333713204

I MC was such a disaster why has no one been able to make pretty much an MC clone but with good gameplay?

All MC clones fail hard despite MC itself supposedly being terrible
>>
>>333712815
If you remember this, your childhood was awesome
>>
File: immunity cat.jpg (128 KB, 345x1280) Image search: [Google]
immunity cat.jpg
128 KB, 345x1280
Notch jumped ship and a bunch of faggots took over development.
>>
>>333714237
I have the magic cat that protects me from this shit you buffoon.
>>
>>333715420
>jumped ship
>took home $1,500,000,000
>>
>>333713204
Read it and weep
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KoZ1leplTE
>>
>>333715354
People who make the clones think that people want more of the same and are afraid of deviating from the norm (also probably trying to cash in on Minecraft popularity by being very similar).

This is why Minetest isn't going to go anywhere - it lacks anything particularly special that you can't get from minecraft. Sure it runs much better and has near infinite height maps, but really there isn't anything else to do aside from loading up minecraft mods that got ported over.

I am still waiting on a minecraft clone that got rid of 99% of the floating blocks and use Ace of Spade mechanics where blocks have health and you can knock stuff down by breaking their floor connection.
>>
>>333714237
You are back it seems
>>
>>333714237
{You}
>>
>>333714237
m-mods...
>>
>>333715818
this, basically
>>
>>333713204
the servers
oh GOD the servers
>>
>>333718485
I have fond memories of the first polandcraft server, even though it was objectively shit.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.