[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Gothic 3 worth playing with the community patch? Or should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 05-g3ege_enhanced_med.png (1 MB, 1067x600) Image search: [Google]
05-g3ege_enhanced_med.png
1 MB, 1067x600
Is Gothic 3 worth playing with the community patch? Or should I just play Risen instead?
>>
it's not
>>
>>333704897
It's okay, don't expect a masterpiece like Gothic 1.
>>
>>333704897
It was for me. Just start playing and see for yourself.
>>
I think it's an alright game to roam around in and explore, but it doesn't really do much for me as a proper RPG with long term investment.

Also, why does everyone always shit so much on Risen 2? I'm in the middle of it now, and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. It's kinda corny, underdeveloped and not amazing for sure, but I was expecting a steaming turd from what I heard people say about it.
>>
>>333704897
It's a good RPG. It's different from the first two games, but it's good. If you haven't played Gothic 1 and 2 I would recommend to start with the first one
>>
Does Risen get better after one enters the caves? I had loads of fun roaming that game but within an hour of going underground it felt unplayable and I quit.
>>
>>333705253
Which caves do you mean? The ancient ruins in the volcano you storm with the inquisition? I actually really liked that last part overall, felt like I really had to put some effort into exploring a dangerous dungeon. Then again, I was playing as mage on 360
>>
>>333704897
G3 is okay, it's not as good as G1/2NoTR, but not as bad as Risen. Sidequests are awesome, world is enormous and full of detail, play it if you feel like you can forgive terrible main quest and overall lack of polish.
>>
>>333704897
Play Risen.
>>
I recently replayed it and enjoyed it, but it might be due to nostalgia more than anything.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.