[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are we still pretending this game is anything other than overrated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: Crysis_Cover.jpg (28 KB, 266x374) Image search: [Google]
Crysis_Cover.jpg
28 KB, 266x374
Are we still pretending this game is anything other than overrated garbage?
>>
>>333700080
If it were overrated then that'd imply that someone outside of /v/'s "Games haven't progressed graphically since 2007" denial army thinks it's a good game. They don't.
Gotta keep the lie alive, though!
>>
>>333700080
i actually played it recently, gotta say its definitely amazing for its time. graphical quality can be a little dubious at times, but i never found myself thinking any of it actually looked bad.
>>
are you still pretending to be straight?
>>
Gameplay is great.

Everything else is bad.

I loved the game at the beginning, but then I realised that was literally everything there was to the game. Until the aliens showed up, then it got even worse.
>>
never understood why people still use the game as some sort of graphical benchmark even today.

it doesn't even look THAT look.
>>
>>333701002
Technology. It simulates the fucking air
>>
File: wind.webm (668 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
wind.webm
668 KB, 1280x720
no other game has the amount of graphics crysis has.
>>
File: 2752651-6595916244-ibnb1.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2752651-6595916244-ibnb1.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>333700080
I find Crysis 1 to be the best of the series. With a few mods that enhance explosions, bullet decals, and gameplay mods it's extremely fun. I enjoy just shooting and throwing things. Causing havoc and what not. Hell, even going sailing and shooting sharks.
Also the game looks great.
>>
>>333701002
It looked pretty damn good even into this decade. I'd say since about 2011 or so it's been eclipsed, and that its graphics have not aged nearly as well as some people might think.

>>333702962
>Also the game looks great
No shit, if you're using mods.
>>
File: Crysis barrel helicopter.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Crysis barrel helicopter.webm
2 MB, 640x360
The game is fun, though I prefer Far Cry.
>>
>>333700080
it was actually fun as fuck, with open world, many ways to approach and suit powers

shame it became a symbol of 12yo pc master race hardcore computer gaming good graphics bullshit

>>333701141
nope, sorry
crysis is impressive, but it have no reason to barely hit 60fps on modern hardware. It runs like crap because it was written for old hardware, when no one expected eight-core CPUs and gpus this powerful. In other words, in some aspects it's just poorly written game.
>>
>>333701141
>game applies physics forces to stuff around the radius certain actions like things exploding
>"Bro it simulates the fucking AIR"

Nah, it don't.
>>
>>333700080
When I first played this back as a teen, this game was really fun and graphically impressive for it's time. Story really pulled you in with being a military nano suited team that is quickly killed off by mysterious alien beings.

I still like the story but the game hasn't aged that well. But really, Crysis is just a tech demo that PC owners celebrate being their best exclusive game.

The game itself is overrated and the sequels are mediocre at best. Remember being pretty bored with the sequels, honestly.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.