[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IT'S NOT FAIR VR WAS SUPPOSED TO BE MAINSTREAM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 001.png (264 KB, 760x480) Image search: [Google]
001.png
264 KB, 760x480
IT'S NOT FAIR

VR WAS SUPPOSED TO BE MAINSTREAM
>>
Most of the people who bought the Vive are developers and these games are tech demos. People will play them, then log out. You're not going to see a peak of 10010021912091201 people

I'm curious to see how many people are playing EVE Valkyrie
>>
weren't all the preorder sold out in a matter of hour? where did it go? scalpers?
>>
>>333698170
>Most of the people who bought the Vive are developers
what a shitty, completely deluded excuse.
>>
VR is garbage. Indie shovelware with no substance or value. It's got the potential to be amazing but it's squandered away because the only developers willing to make an actual product for it are money hungry indie faggots out in San Fran.

Wake me up when VR has real games.
>>
File: simulators.jpg (38 KB, 500x434) Image search: [Google]
simulators.jpg
38 KB, 500x434
>>333698243
How is that a shitty deluded excuse? We're too busy developing our games to play someone else's

We were literally developing VR games without the VR hardware to test it out. Most of us actually have prototypes where we connected the Vive and started testing.
>>
>>333698065
Its been already said, the shipping has gone FUBAR.

Hardly anyone whos bought the Vive or Oculus actually have them at hand.

http://origin-blog.htcvr.com/us/2016/04/vive-shipment-updates/

They even had to start blogging about it cause so many people are complaining.
>>
File: 1403640246429.gif (263 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
1403640246429.gif
263 KB, 848x480
>VR headset is near 1000 dollars
>need GTX 980 tier 1000+ dollar PC
>games are 39.99 starting

xD
>>
I'd buy a PS4 if I wanted to play tech demos. It's cheaper.
>>
Oh, but it is. And just like mobile gaming dominated against console and PC gaming, so too did mobile VR.
>>
>>333698594
>"games"

These headsets are only interesting for simulators in the long run.
Right now the resolution is too low though, so it's totally useless for flight simulators and slightly less useless for racing sims.
For normal games it's like the Kinect or Wii. Interesting for casuals for about 3 months.
>>
And now you kids all realize how limiting and stupid VR is and how it's basically only for casual, gimmicky, shit games.

Hate to say I told you so but...

I FUCKING TOLD YOU SO.
>>
>>333698065
>shit devs trying to cash in on the hype with expensive, bad games
>they fail completely
MY SIDES
>>
To be fair, most people haven't received their vives yet.
>>
I'm honestly just sticking with the Gear VR purely for movie watching until VR is good enough to cover your peripheral vision with no screen door effect at a reasonable price. Zero reason to seriously get it for gaming right now.
>>
>>333698065
Literally tech demos. Doesn't justify the asking prices of 30 dollars, then again the only people with VR capable set ups are able to throw cash on stupid bullshit like this.
>>
>>333698767
>These headsets are only interesting for simulators in the long run
This is what people don't realize.
The only games that'll ever be fun are ones where you're sitting in a cockpit controlling something else.
>>
Holy fuck retard its like when the ps4 came with knack

Of course the very first games ever invented for a new type of thing are shit

Literally pong
>>
>>333699178
These three games are included with every Vive.
>>
>>333699275
EXACTLY
>>
>>333699352
I don't see how this supports any kind of point. The fact that they're included makes them the first thing everyone will play. Looks like "everyone" isn't a big crowd at all.
>>
>>333699605
I preordered on day one. I'll get it in 2 months.
By then summer will have hit and it will be too hot to use it...
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.