[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>It's not race or heritage that binds people together,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
File: maxresdefault.jpg (72 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
72 KB, 1280x720
>It's not race or heritage that binds people together, it's langauge
It makes more and more sense to me now. He's absolutely right, it's language, status, appearance that make you part of a group, race and skin color means jack shit.
It's just sad that they never went deep with the story.
>>
WOOOODHS DAT KEEEEL
>>
>>333697041
That's dumb. Skullface was an undead psychopath possessed by the parasites.
>>
And language are nothing more than symbols. Symbols birthed from memes.
The human ego is a meme machine.
>>
>>333697041
>he didn't fall asleep during this part
How were you even paying attention:?
>>
>>333697595
I was admiring the lighting which looks really really good under specific circumstances.
>>
>>333697595
I was playing the farting tape.
>>
>>333697041
I like to imagine big boss stunned silence with the horrible realisation the man is going hunting for revenge so long, the hypothetical white whale, was no more than a monologing retard.

He'll get his revenge but I'll never get any satisfaction.
>>
>>333697041
How the fuck it never strike Zero that a burn-victim skeleton man who dresses like a cowboy and is constantly talking about losing his face and identity could possibly be bad news?
>>
>>333700759
That's how I interpreted it

Venom truly has nothing to say to skull face. Yeah he destroyed mother base and killed all your comrades, but there's no lust for revenge because he doesn't feel like a real rival. He's just some lunatic. There's no vendetta between them, big boss didn't even know skull face existed until like a day before that scene. You end up killing skull face... kind of just because.

Venom staring at skull face was like staring into a mirror. In the end they're both the same, phantoms robbed of their identity and pumped full of memes
>>
>>333697041
>appearance makes you a part of a group
>skin color means jack shit
You accidentally an entire brain, OP?
>>
>>333701780
>skin color is the only thing about appearance
>>
>>333697431
There are a lot of languages that still have no written aspects to it.
>>
>>333697041

More of this globalist propaganda mumbojumbo?

Kojima pls go kill yourself you western wannabe small dicked faggot.
>>
>>333697041
two of the three things you listed aren't language
>>
>>333697041
True, I would understand nigs a lot better if they could speak real fucking English.
>>
>>333701780
well think about it

if you're an ugly nigger, you're an ugly nigger

but if you're not ugly but still kinda black, you're a lot different to the former
>>
File: is this nigga serious.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
is this nigga serious.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>333697041
>this whole fucking scene
>>
>>333697041
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdLIerfXuZ4&nohtml5=False
>>
>>333701718
>There's no vendetta between them, big boss didn't even know skull face existed until like a day before that scene

No, he did. It was drilled into him by Ocelot and Kaz. Whether or not he felt any true hatred for the man is up in the air. I feel he was pretty apathetic about the whole thing.
>>
File: 2015-09-24_00007.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-24_00007.jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
WORDS THAT KILL
>>
actual spoiler
why did they wait until Big Boss woke up to wake up Venom?
>>
>>333697041

I feel like I have more in common with a white person who speaks another language, than I do with any nigger, to be honest.
>>
>>333702717
Because that's how Zero rolls.
But I think they just needed a Big Boss out there to draw the world's attention while the real Big Boss did all the stuff we wanted to see in the game.
>>
In a very broad sense English does kind of dominate the world. It's the international language of business and because of which most countries have to obey anglo laws and customs (suit and tie for example) to survive.
>>
>>333697041
I loved the MGS series, even V, but that's fucking wrong. Everyone agrees that a nation is a geographically based political community that at its most basic level involves members fulfilling duties in exchange for rights.

Like you know, fucking countries.

Shared language is important too though.
>>
>the theme of the game is about language shaping up your thought pattern
>trailers used misleading words to misrapresent the contents of the actual game
the actual plot of the game was garbage but I appreciated that a lot, mgs2 did the same thing with new media shaping your expectations
>>
>>333704149
Wow that was worth being disappointed by a mediocre game
>>
Best thing about Skullface and his shit writing was the explanation of him cleaning up behind Big Boss for Virtouse Mission (?) and Snake Eater.

Forcing a relation is bad writing
>>
I study semiology

I thought that kojima would be using badass ideas from Lacan, Althuser and Saussure

Symbols, memes, language

I was so pumped up I couldmt wait

I was distant pointed.
>>
File: excitement lost.jpg (6 KB, 131x129) Image search: [Google]
excitement lost.jpg
6 KB, 131x129
>>333697313
WUDJA SPEEK DEM TO MEH
>>
File: 1459247531449.jpg (122 KB, 594x594) Image search: [Google]
1459247531449.jpg
122 KB, 594x594
>>333703328
Thats right to a degree

Japs are shittu at engrish, yet they stilln succeed.

I had to make an meeting arrangment with the Senior Buying Manager from NHK once, it was horrible. The secretary didnt understand english at all.
>tfw you hear moshi moshi first time outside of anime though
>>
>>333704297
Well its apparent SOMEONE is helping Big Boss that isn't EVA or ocelot

>go into lab where granin is
>find knock out cigarettes
>cloraform in the middle of no where in the mountains/ almost on the top of the hanger)

You find out of place gear that has no internal logic as to why its there, especially since the game has actual longistics like food being in a warehouse and ammo and guns in an armory

Imagine walking in the woods and finding camo pants and shirt that exactly matches your size
>>
Pretty silly considering there are countries out there with multiple languages, such as Switzerland and Belgium.
>>
>>333704526
youre being retarded, skull face and xof only came AFTER the events occured just to clean shit, kinda like that tarantino character in pulp fiction.
>>
>>333704595
The Flemish and Wallonians hate eachother though.
>>
>>333704526
Another thing is that if this was all gear dropped by Ocelot or EVA wouldn't they tell him something?

"oh hey there is some knock out gas behind the desk" or "hey I left some camo BDUs near the swamp"

This is doubly true when you can find a pair of god damn pants on the roof of a outpost in the middle of no where
>>
>>333697041
Is called Linguistic determinism. And I actually agree as well with that idea, if you think about it even withing your own country (no matter where you are from) people divide themselves by the accent or the dialect of the language people speak, even if it is the same language.
>>
>>333704703
Except this kind of cryptic shit happens in all his games

>MGS4
>"certain people can be used to play specific roles
>clearly refering to ocelot, but a double entant to mention Venom

And MG 1 having Big boss use a different radio frequency prior to the boss fight
>>
>>333702394
Are the ones we never get to say.
This more or less sums up the story between zero and big boss. At the end both of them realized they fucked up but it was to late for them to stop.
>>
File: 17.28.39.jpg (51 KB, 361x544) Image search: [Google]
17.28.39.jpg
51 KB, 361x544
>you thought the whole language thing would be some sort of philosophical and sociological precursor to the Patriots AI
>it's literally vocal chord parasites
>>
>>333697041

or, faggot, it's all of those things
>>
>>333703590
Its more about how you speak.
Your accent makes who you are and with what values you grew up.
>>
>>333705113
To be fair, everyone(including Treeman) thought he was bonkers
especially since there are literally tapes on how the parasites are complete ass as "ethnic purgers"

He reminds me of volgin in the sense of a "james bond villian" but the rest of the game isn't as campy as 3 (in which volgin was hilarious)

He could have been a much darker character, but considering the fucking game wasn't finished they probably had to New Vegas him
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.