[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Those people that go "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I WANT TO BE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: paragon or renegade.jpg (122 KB, 1024x684) Image search: [Google]
paragon or renegade.jpg
122 KB, 1024x684
>Those people that go "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I WANT TO BE NEUTRAL! WHY DOESN'T THIS GAME ALLOW ME TO BE NEUTRAL!!?!?!? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" in an RPG

Is there anything more pathetic?

And to all you neutralfags, please post some compelling choices (or non-choices) a neutral character could make.
>>
Neutral scum
>>
>>333695725
They're for the pacifists, who'd want to do a run without killing anyone or people who'd like to know little of either side of the story.

Not that I'd pick it. Neutrality is for Switzerland.
>>
>Is there anything more pathetic?

Constantly remaking the same thread.
>>
Nailed it op.

Pic related, not even the ents who wanted nothing to do with the war of orcs and elves and men could stay neutral. Eventually they had to step up.
>>
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/paragon%20or%20renegade.jpg/
>>
SUPERIOR
LIMB BASED
COMBAT
same guy
>>
>>333695725
No action is inherently good or bad. The thing that makes an action good or bad is the intent behind the action.

Also life is not inherently valuable.
>>
>>333695725
Because sometimes i don't feel like killing everyone i meet just be to an edgelord or being the second coming of Jesus Christ.
>>
>>333696404
There's no such thing as good and bad, it's all in your head.
>>
>>333696404
>Also life is not inherently valuable

edgy
>>
>>333695725
I have no strong feelings either way
>>
>>333696298

That's still not a compelling neutral choice.

The compelling choice they made was to stop being neutral and fight the orcs which is a good action

So their compelling choice was good.
>>
>>333695725
When your evil route is always shitty, why even bother having it there.
>>
>>333696545
I was agreeing with OP though
>>
>>333695725
Never heard of those people but honestly choices that aren't one extreme or the other sound fine by me
>>
File: 1419716772753.jpg (91 KB, 1022x560) Image search: [Google]
1419716772753.jpg
91 KB, 1022x560
>Being paragon.
>Ever.
>>
File: OP.jpg (183 KB, 317x699) Image search: [Google]
OP.jpg
183 KB, 317x699
>>333695725
>Look mom I posted it again!
Just how desperate can one be for (You)s?
>>
File: lel.jpg (51 KB, 604x340) Image search: [Google]
lel.jpg
51 KB, 604x340
>>333696760
>Homosexuality is the Paragon option
Yeah I always thought that was the case considering how much of a fucking poofta the Paragon Shepard is in comparison to Renegade.
>>
>>333695725
>And to all you neutralfags, please post some compelling choices (or non-choices) a neutral character could make.
Maybe I will, maybe I won't
>>
>>333695725
Didn't we had this exact same thread yesterday?
>>
>>333695725
>Neutral choices
I guess beating the shit out of both holy powers and demonic ones (don't get pedantic) in SMT to preserve the plane as it is instead of yielding to a fascist or chaotic rule.
>>
>>333697483
>>333696304
>>
>>333697483
Yeah OP is just fishing for some (You)s at this point, you got to hand it to him though for his borderline autismo dedication to a cause thats been already discussed at length. I would give him the odd (You) just for the sake of it but he really just doesn't deserve it.
>>
Everyone has an alignment, its just retarded to try and measure it on some form of scale.

The problem with alignment charts, as simple as the retarded mass effect paragon/renegade, is that you can't really seperate people into 2 rigid alignments, and the ME games focused entirely around the alignement system for speech options, if you weren't renegade/paragon enough, you got some weak ass answer instead and all it really effected was your speech options and the color of your ending.

Really though, alignment systems have -always- been retarded, since the days of baldurs gate based on the D&D chart, you just get comical enigmatic paragons of the 9 alignments, which is -not- what the alignment chart in D&D is for, it was for determining spell effects, not how the fuck you RP your character.
>>
MUH NUTRALITY

reminder that only "grey area" is ignorance
>>
>>333695725
>Is there anything more pathetic?

People complaining about people complaining.
>>
>>333697739

This.

What makes it even more retarded is when you have to stay within a very narrow scope of what the game designers believe to be good or evil and anything that doesn't fit within that range pretty much doesn't count.

Like, you can meet a dude, convince him to be your friend, betray him in such a way that causes him to die from a "suicide-by-cop" scenario and the game will still register you as a good guy even though you just did something completely shady that aligned with the designer's personal definition of good and evil.
>>
>>333695725
>that faggot who reposts this thread
>>
>>333695725
Why do you keep making this thread?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.