[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>When Suqare Enix and Tri-Ace revealed that Star Ocean 5:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: So5.png (498 KB, 720x754) Image search: [Google]
So5.png
498 KB, 720x754
>When Suqare Enix and Tri-Ace revealed that Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness would be censored to some degree, there was immediate backlash from the gaming community. What was being changed in the game? Underwear.
>One of Star Ocean 5's characters would be featuring larger underwear in the Western version than the original version of the game. In an interview with GameSpot producer Shuichi Kobayashi has offered more details on the larger underwear and why the team made the decision to put a bigger pair of panties on the character.
>Kobayashi went on to explain that 'normal' players wouldn't have noticed the difference and that the game was altered to fit different cultures.

Why is this allowed?
>>
Because I don't care what knickers a character is wearing. They're like sexuality. The game is better off if I don't know.
>>
>>333695132

> getting mad over trivial shit like this

Jesus. You need to pick and choose your battles. Getting worked up over underwear size just makes you look like unhinged neckbeards
>>
File: 1459988331256.jpg (202 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1459988331256.jpg
202 KB, 960x1280
>>333695218
>The game is better off if I don't know.

If you don't know then the game is not better off, leave this website, it isn't for you.

>>333695247

Just leave, nobody wants you here.
>>
IS TITTY WITCH STILL HERE
TELL ME RIGHT NOW
>>
>>333695319

>stop having different opinions, I want 4chan to be a safe space!

When did we become the sjws?
>>
>>333695247
This. I bet you guys wouldnt even argue for this shit in real life if you werent behind your internet safespace.
>>
>>333695461
When you started acting like a dumb fucking nigger.

Fuck off queer.
>>
Honestly, if I was a dev, I'd probably do shit like this too. Watching autistic manbabies crawl out of their little holes to cry about panties on a little cartoon girl is hilarious.
>>
CENSORED GARBAGE

INTO THE FUCKING TRASH
>>
>add in an option where you can select your underwear
>end up looking like a pervert for catering to the people that will not even buy it
SASUGA JAPAN
>>
> getting
> mad
> over
> underwear

It's time to stop, lads. It's not fun and it's not funny anymore.
>>
>>333695939
PRINCIPLES
>>
Pantsufags are the worst, same tier as footfags and /ss/ pedophiles
>>
No one wears panties like that anymore though.
>>
>>333695939
It was confirmed that other things deemed too Japanese was removed, such as head patting.
>>
>>333695247
>>333695581
>people say this shit for Bravely Default when it cuts or changes costumes
>sequel comes out
>cuts or changes costumes
>alters side quests
>outright removes art from the artbooks of the Collector's Editions
>>
>>333696113

>oh noes not head patting

No one cares. If you’re ignoring gameplay for stupid shit like this you should go play VN's instead
>>
>>333696273
>Actually defending censorship
It's for the fucking principle, anon. Video game censorship, even minor things, should not be allowed. They take a few inches at first, then you end up with a Bravely Second fiasco on your hands.
>>
>>333696486
name one game
>>
>>333695132
>game was altered to fit different cultures

I bet Japanese gamers really love having their games altered to better fit the moral whims of foreign clickbait writers.
>>
>>333695132
>they wouldn't notice the difference
>so we changed it anyway
erry tiem
>>
>>333696530
He just did.
>>
>>333695132
> would be featuring larger underwear in the Western version than the original version of the game

Wrong it was censored in Japan too
>>
>>333696273
It's a JRPG. These things are like one step off from a VN anyway
>>
>company changes things to sell better in different territories

why do you hate the free market, anon?
>>
>>333695132
>it's a faGGot thread
>it's a censorship thread
>it's an "incredibly minor changes in a JRPG" thread

Great job, OP. This thread will accomplish great things. Keep fighting the good fight for up-skirt shots of pedo panties in grindy weebfests.
>>
>>333700035
>MUH BOOGEYMAN
>MUH FREEDUMB
>MUH PANTSU
>>
File: c4c0a6ee.jpg (22 KB, 408x220) Image search: [Google]
c4c0a6ee.jpg
22 KB, 408x220
Ouch
Dont mess with Japan, SJWs
>>
>>333700331
wait, so the japanese audience sctually hate the fact that the western version has bigger underwear than their version?
>>
>>333700791
The Japanese version was also censored.
>>
>>333700824
so on top of being regular censored just like the japanese version, the western version also suffers from that bigger underwear dilemma?
>>
>>333700893
I have no idea, most likely whoever wrote the OPs piece is an idiot that didnt have all the facts.
The censorship is likely the same.
>>
>>333700893
Square Enix only wants one version of the game so the japanese version got censored as well.

The west being SJW heaven results into japanese gamers getting their games censored.

And so SE gets all the hate and nippons want them to abandon the export of those games.
>>
>>333700135
>Here's a thread about a topic that I don't care about, BETTER POST IN IT!

You must be busy
>>
>>333701031
Well, seeing it from that perspective makes that reaction plausible. The japanese may think we western consumers pull them down on our shit level
>>
>>333701071
>Why isn't my shitty irrelevant thread full of people who agree with me?

You must be new.
>>
>>333700135
>ignoring the fact this thread is spammed daily for weeks
you are bad at this false flag business GoodGoy fag
>>
> 20 hours for a jrpg

nope. I'll wait until it's in the bargain bin for 20 bux.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.