[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Binary Domain better than Gears of War?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: 1116236.jpg (174 KB, 709x1000) Image search: [Google]
1116236.jpg
174 KB, 709x1000
Was Binary Domain better than Gears of War?
>>
>>333690924

Yes, of course
>>
>>333690924
No, it wasn't, but it was a decent attempt at being a Gears game. Very wacky Japanese though.
>>
>>333690924
I love you.
>>
The first gears was a better coop game. Binary Domain is a better single-player game than all of them.
>>
Binary Domain is a way better game than Gears.
>>
The better question is whether or not it's better than the second Mass Effect. Other than gameplay it is. Mass Effect 2 had a deeper squad dynamic and SEGA fucked the pooch with voice control rather than direct command.
>>
>>333691385
BD has better gameplay and story than ME2/3
>>
BD was great and talking to your teammates was a nice little gimmick because you could do it when it even when it wasn't a scripted sequence.

Being able to thank Big Bo for having your back after a firefight was great.
>>
>>333691454

It had way less story, but it was way harder to unlock the deeper elements of BN.

Mass Effect 2 is all-around the better game because it allowed your personal choice to effect the story rather than whether or not your squadmate arbitrarily ran into your line-of-fire like a fucking idiot.
>>
>>333691385
Well, you aren't forced to use voice control. You can turn it off and use directional input to give specific responses.

Turning off voice control prevents you from having unscripted conversation with your partners though, since you can only address them when the game brings up specific prompts.
>>
>>333691667

I forget, could you pause the voice control in BN? I'm travelling right now but when I get home I'll go play it again.

I'm pretty sure you couldn't and your squad would do some stupidly wonky shit anyways. SEGA has horrible AI programmers.
>>
File: 1 kiryu.png (327 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1 kiryu.png
327 KB, 450x450
Yes.

Just like how Yakuza is better than Sleeping Dogs.
>>
>>333691780

I should say, "squad control."

When AI control failed what Bioware did was just a system of "go right fucking there" rather than "maybe and I'll get blasted in the face meanwhile."
>>
>>333691793

Uh, it's not.

I played the yakuza on the ps3 that involved the prison breakout with the big moron. It basically felt like a more developed sonic adventure.

It was actually pretty good. I still played it feeling like "this is sonic adventure with really bad fightemup gameplay every time I go around a corner.

It's fun but SEGA is dead in the way of "WHY CAN'T IT BE 2002 AGAIN?"
>>
File: woa woa.png (192 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
woa woa.png
192 KB, 640x480
>>333692409
Nah.

The setting and atmosphere were top dog of sleeping dogs.

However Yakuza was way better in the combat department and for me was more tnertaning.

If anything Yakuza is segas last good series.
>>
File: BinaryDPrev1.jpg (48 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
BinaryDPrev1.jpg
48 KB, 768x432
>>333690924
In a sense it was more fun? Absolutely. It just made me wish Japanese developers dabbled more into genres they're usually not associated with.
>>
It was better than Gears in all respects but it's a real shame it doesn't have campaign co-op. That would have helped put it on the map.
>>
>>333693853
>big bo sees some asian pussy
>>
File: Caine_528_poster.jpg (51 KB, 528x747) Image search: [Google]
Caine_528_poster.jpg
51 KB, 528x747
No.
Gears had multiple weapons, atleast one enjoyable boss which shouldn't be on a list of points god damn and pretty boring gameplay.

And that random dog boss that lasted all of 30 seconds.

BUT gears didn't have best bot.
>>
>>333694769
BD had boring gameplay*
hue
>>
File: 2391675-[1].jpg (521 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2391675-[1].jpg
521 KB, 1920x1080
idk i had a lot of fun when i played it
but yeah the bosses were pretty rad
>>
>>333695151
>but yeah the bosses were pretty rad
And each and every one was a tedious bullet sponge.
>>
>>333690924
It had better character interactions than Gears. The gameplay was roughly the same but I enjoyed the setting as a whole much more.
>>
>>333694769
Cain is a bro.

Heavy weapon that doesn't afraid of anything, and excellent wingman who will get you laid.
>>
>>333695151
>the spiderbot starts awkwardly jumping on his single leg
funny as fuck

but FUCK THAT GORILLA SHITHEAD
>>
>>333691627
ME 2 is shit
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.