[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How good or bad is this game, really? I'm in the mood for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: dragon_age_inquisition1.jpg (201 KB, 1200x1380) Image search: [Google]
dragon_age_inquisition1.jpg
201 KB, 1200x1380
How good or bad is this game, really? I'm in the mood for a fantasy RPG, and I can get a key for this for $15AU.

Is it at least decent? I heard the ending was DLC bait.
>>
Just pay EA five bucks and get that game plus others for a month. You can beat it within that time.
>>
>>333687316

It's okay

I wasn't bored but I didn't feel like a big hero either
>>
>>333688113
EA doesn't deserve a single dollar you awful human being.
>>
it's alright, better than DA2, but that's not saying much

tactical mode is a pain to use, but since they removed custom AI tactics you'll be forced to use it sometimes. Plot is extremely generic an ancient evil awakens and you're the chosen one, I'd pirate it if I were you, just because origin
>>
File: 1450861322791.jpg (2 KB, 125x118) Image search: [Google]
1450861322791.jpg
2 KB, 125x118
i would give solid 6.5/10

not perfect, barely decent, somewhat okay
>>
>>333688398

I can deal with a generic plot, honestly a 'generic' fantasy RPG is what I'm in the mood for, I kinda have a soft spot for that kinda thing. My primary concern is the gameplay being competent.

>>333688731

>Solid 6.5/10
>barely decent, somewhat ok

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>333687316
Play Final Fantasy VI, you FAGGOT
>>
>>333688924

>not perfect, barely decent, somewhat okay

are you dyslexic anon?
>>
It is probably the single most boring rpg I've ever played. The main quests are OK and some of the characters are almost interesting at times, but most of the content is complete busywork and the combat is just mashing buttons on cooldown. It's basically like if assassins creed was an rpg. Lots of space to explore, but no real reason to want to.
>>
No long ass dungeons like in DAO. That was my favorite part of the first game. Most of the game play is short little go point to point shit.
>>
>>333689037

I hate those turn based jRPGs. Yuck.

>>333689047

No, I just found that wording confusing since I think decent and ok basically mean the same thing.

>>333689057

So that's another point for pirating it and buy it if I like it.
>>
>>333689250
>turn based
wholeheartedly disagree
>jRPGs
wholeheartedly agree

turn based can be a lot of fun if it's 3 dimensional and has lots of tools and abilities
look around for a game on gog or steam. lots of rpgs for under $20. ever play some of the essential crpgs?
>>
>>333687316
Play Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen instead.

It is objectively superior to Dragon Age in every respect.
>>
>>333689612

As far as older isometric cRPGs (which is what I assume you're mainly referring to) I've played fallout 1 and 2 and Planescape Torment. I've never played Baldur's gate or Icewind Dale. I own Arcanum on GOG but have never played it.

While I liked those 3 that I did play, I'm not super keen on playing many more RPGs from that era since I always miss the modern sensibilities and accessibility when playing them.

I am curious about Baldur's gate though since people seem to point to that one as the most essential.
>>
Don't listen to the memes

It's a good game
>>
>>333687316

Much better than 2 but lots of wasted potential as Inquisition mainly sets out to correct things about 2 rather then look past it.

The writing is decent for the most part but every once in awhile you will run into writing that's clearly aimed at teenagers instead of the writers just being mediocre at best. Most of said writing mainly involves Sera.

The guard/barrier system is flawed. I don't really understand why you remove healing spells and limit potions only to have abilities that give the equivalent of a full heal or greater.

Also, they shit on the Grey Warden to such an extent its almost like they hold a grudge against Origins.

Corypheus is still a poor man's Architect.

Why still is it always blood magic?
>>
If you've ever played kingdoms of amular, it felt a lot like that. Wide open world, a shitload of fetch quests, and not much to do. I stupidly bought it on release and regretted every minute of it, I got too bored to continue about 4 hours in.
>>
>>333690125
Baldurs Gate (2, not so much 1), is basically the high point of unique and varied content in rpgs along with Ultima VII. Its not perfect but you're never going to find another game that does so many things so well.
>>
File: 1442773632662.jpg (2 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1442773632662.jpg
2 KB, 125x125
>recommending DD over Dragon Age

well why don't you recommend league over dota 2 now
>>
>>333690425

OK, are the enhanced editions of those games OK or should I steer clear of them?
>>
>>333690658
They're fine. But they're basically not really anything other than the original version that come with mods pre-installed.
>>
>>333690658
will if you plan on purchasing them then the enhanced versions are cheaper than the original (on gog)
the word is that a modded version of the original is better than the enhanced (and may be pirated) but would be more expensive atm
the original versions are going to disappear from gog in a few weeks though
>>
>>333687316
Play Two Worlds II GOTY if you want a real good/bad RPG with more soul than a modern BioWare game
>>
>>333687316
I just finished the game the other day. Played the goty. Yep the ending is paid dlc.

So story wise it isn't much. Most of your companions are pretty uninteresting. The best part when your friends randomly talk to each other during free roam. Gameplay was neat, at least I liked it. There are many different enviroment where you can collect and kill stuff and I got hooked on that but the missions (go there, kill that, collect loot) are the same everywhere.
What I really missed from the game however are the decisions. 90% of the decision are
A, yes please give me the stuff
B, no, fuck yourself
You can't even be evil either for this reason.
>>
It's a decent time sink. Not great, not awful.
>>
>>333687316
I am a big fan of Origins and like to pretend DA2 didnt exist. This game is in the middle of them, I really found myself getting into it. The zones are nice, but the quests can be repetitive. Story is meh, some of the quests that follow their own story is very good though, such as many deep roads quests.
>>
>>333690360
you seem like my type of gamer. what did you think of the witcher 3?
>>
>>333691030
As a person who just finished maraphoning through both two wolds games, don't fucking listen to him. Both are the definition of "but it has its own charm". They're unbelievably bad and if you're not tolerant towards half-finished clunky games like gothic this one will be your nightmare
>>
Inquisition is fine really, but it's probably my least favorite Dragon Age. The bulk of it focuses more on being a time sink with big open areas and endless fetch quests rather than creating a smaller world with more substance.

For all the hate that DA2 gets for its rushed story structure and blatant recycling of areas, I still think there was more effort to make the side quests and character arcs at least feel like they were doing something different from one another narratively.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.