[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.engadget.com/2016/04/07/ quantum-break-is-a-legit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
File: youre not a big game.jpg (62 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
youre not a big game.jpg
62 KB, 1280x720
http://www.engadget.com/2016/04/07/quantum-break-is-a-legitimate-reason-to-buy-an-xbox-one/

So I got into a discussion with one of my friends who supported the main point of this article. I said that it would be really stupid to buy an entire console for a game that's less than 8 hours long. He told me that game length is unimportant.

Do you agree /v/? Do you think that a game that's shorter than two Lord of the Rings movies is worth the $60 price of admission along with the $300 that the console is worth?
>>
>>333687231
If the games combat system was good and it was. uilt around replayability like for example, Devil May Cry. I'd still say no because purchasing a system for one game is fucking retarded.
>>
>>333688074
People bought a PS4 for Bloodborne
>>
No. Unless you're a fucking retard.

Play it on PC if you want to so bad. It's a shit game though and you deserve to be taken to an alley and a bullet put through your head if you think it's worth $360.
>>
>>333691271
>Play it on PC if you want to so bad.
I don't think it would be wise for him to do that.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-what-went-wrong-with-quantum-break-pc

>Quantum Break has arrived on the PC and to suggest that the results are disappointing would be a massive understatement. PC gamers are left out in the cold with another high profile release failing to deliver expected levels of performance, features and customisation. As things stand, it simply isn't possible to achieve a smooth frame-rate on any PC hardware configuration and thanks to the profound limitations imposed on gamers by the Universal Windows Platform, there's no way to fix it.
>>
>>333687231
Unless there's a significant amount of replayability, no.
>>
>Universal Windows Platform: This is a drum we cannot beat loud enough - the Universal Windows Platform architecture is a huge issue for the PC right now. There are problems with this game, such as frame-pacing, which could be fixed by users right now but that becomes impossible due to UWP’s limitations. In the case of Quantum Break, this means that we’re basically held hostage waiting for improvements from the developer or from Microsoft itself, as if this were a console game. In a perfect world, games would ship without any issues, but that just doesn’t always happen, which is why it’s so important for PC gamers to have the option to work around these problems with established tools and GPU control panel options. Also: bonus points to UWP for overwriting our Xbox One completed game save with fresh PC data instead, eliminating our existing progress completely.
>>
>>333687231
BREAK?
>>
>>333687231
I heard it had the same problems as alan wake so i stayed away.

>Shit Story
>Shit writing
>Shit acting
>Good graphics
>BAD gunplay
Cant they just make Max Payne 4 and not fucking suck at making these horrible spinoffs that keep coping the formula?

Poor Remedy they havent made a decent game in 13 years
>>
>>333692537
Glad i didnt even pirate this trash

>Upscaled 720p
>No option to change native resolution
I havent seen a port this bad since dark souls1
>>
File: 1460162264065.jpg (73 KB, 775x720) Image search: [Google]
1460162264065.jpg
73 KB, 775x720
>>333687231
Your a big game
>>
>>333695086
4K U
>>
>>333689060
People can at least replay that, this is a movie. Also, jap games that aren't on PC. I get your point, I'm not saying buy a PS4, but that was a poor example. I'd say Uncharted is a better example, which I know people are buying a PS4 for, of God of War 3 on PS3, which got a lot of people to buy it, or Last of Us on both ps3 and ps4. I feel you though.
>>
>On Xbox One, Quantum Break uses a clever reconstruction technique designed to free up resources while producing a relatively clean image. It works quite well. On PC, with more capable hardware, we would prefer to see an option to render at the native resolution of our display without this feature - but this is not provided. What this means for users is that '1080p' effectively produces a reconstructed 720p image rather than a native full HD output.

They're literally forcing PCkeks to play at 720p and it's still destroying their 980tis. What are the graphics on this shit, space age mania that even top end GPUs can't run it at upscaled 720p?
>>
Bane?
>>
>>333687231

If you like a game, the price you agree upon is worth it. Worth isn't the same for everyone.
>>
>>333687231
These graphics are realer than reality.
>>
>>333687231
Im playing it right now, its uhh well its trying too uhh... It's nothing you haven't seen before, in fact it plays a lot like mass effect

I think im finally getting buyers remorse for xbox one, i bought it cause xbox has always been my go too, and only now do i realise that i only have 2 exclusives that can only be played on this and they're both arse. I would be much happier playing bloodbourne
>>
its funny to see the sony boys come out to bash a game thats pretty much the same as Tlou actually QB's cover system and shooting are better in quality.
>>
>>333693534

This is a false dilemma. The game runs poorly because the developer can't justify improving its performance. PC has ALWAYS been hostage to Microsoft; they just didn't bother getting in the way of game developers until recently. There's nothing open about pc gaming. You're basically playing on a more powerful console that lets you tweak some graphical settings. You're still subject to the same issues that all closed platforms face; you don't own your games, so all the problems associated with bad consoles games are doubly true for pc. At least with consoles there are enough users to justify making the game work a bit better.
>>
>>333694602
Actually, the story is really fucking good. The only bad thing is that it ends on obvious sequel bait.

>BAD gunplay
It's acceptable. I'd even put it above average due to the time powers actually mattering and impacting how you play.
>>
>>333696178
>implying fucking anyone likes TLOU in here
wew
>>
It could be the best fucking game ever created and I still wouldn't drop $360 to play it. Maybe if I was a rich fuck who could toss money around like that, but I'm so jewish that I don't even like paying $60 for games.
>>
>"THERE'S NO TIME!"
>"WE'RE RUNNING OUT OF TIME!"
>"oh shit. Time to go!"
>"NOW'S NOT THE TIME!"
>"I'll show you another time."

why did they have to do this
>>
>>333696206
>you don't own your games
Maybe if you buy them you don't
>>
>>333696409
Can someone confirm if this line is in QB?
>>
File: 123543523645.jpg (26 KB, 444x320) Image search: [Google]
123543523645.jpg
26 KB, 444x320
Considering buying a wii u just for bayonetta 2, xenobladeX, SMT#fe, fatalframe and NG3 Razors edge. Is it still worth it?
>>
>>333687231
>>333695086
Cant believe this guy became such a meme. Fucking Nolan.
>>
>>333687231
I watched stream since i don't want to upgrade to win10.
It doesn't worth it at all - it's not even a game, it's an interactive movie. And it's a bad one.
And yes, fights are pretty fun, but enemies are all the same in the same environment.
It feels like a Hollywood garbage
>>
>>333697719
Do you have a decent PC? Can you wait 2 or 3 months?
>>
game length is unimportant, its what you get out of the game when you play it that matters.

that said, quantum break is really shit and the only decent part is the miniseries which you can just watch on youtube.
>>
>>333687231
>buying console for one game
>>
>>333687231
>First real exclusive
>Also on PC

Hope MS didn't pay too much for this article.
>>
>>333694602
>Max Payne 4

Fuck no, Rockstar ended the series perfectly. There is LITERALLY no reason for any more Max Payne games to exist unless they are remasters of 1 and 2
>>
>>333697719
No, NX releases at the end of the year and all those games will be backwards compatible. Dont waste money on a wii u.
>>
>>333697805
Do you think Nolan really intended this?
>>
File: 1347750194369.jpg (8 KB, 213x237) Image search: [Google]
1347750194369.jpg
8 KB, 213x237
>>333687231
Well he can always pick more games as he goes. Don't be retarded, anon.
>>
>>333698098
But will NX use disc media?
>>
>>333698241
If you have the money, go ahead. But I'd personally wait for what's in store for the NX. I hate having useless consoles laying around.
>>
>>333698154
Most Xbone "exclusives" are going to come to PC anyways
>>
>>333687231
I think if you buy/order your console from the Microsoft store, you get a choice to choose what game you want for free, or free $60 credit.
>>
>>333692537

That's messed up.

The PC port of Alan Wake was great, despite Microsoft not wanting it to exist.
>>
>>333698463
If you're the OP, you didn't clarify that your friend had an up to date PC. Or else he would've bought the game there. Plus, not all Xbox games are going the Windows store.
>>
File: 1440836856797.png (877 KB, 684x682) Image search: [Google]
1440836856797.png
877 KB, 684x682
>>333698463
but on W10 store or in general half-assed port like DR3 or dead community on other platforms like Titanfall

the requirements and filesize for QB and Gears UE are ridiculous. KI is pretty good but still has some launch issues, though not anywhere as bad as SFV's when it first launched.

Honestly if you have an Xbone already, theres no rush to switch to PC as you'll most likely just be playing the games at the same experience you would on console
>>
>>333692537

>60 frames per second isn't possible on a 60Hz monitor: The most serious problem with this port lies in its performance limitations - currently, we've determined that it simply isn't possible to reach frame-rates matching the refresh rate of the monitor in use. The maximum frame-rate seems to be limited to 5/6th of the refresh rate - this means, when using a 60Hz monitor, the game simply cannot go beyond 50 frames per second. We even tried it with a Core i7 system paired with Titan X running at 720p on the lowest settings, but 50fps was still the limit - and the same thing applies to AMD GPUs too. The resulting frame-time graph sees the game bouncing between 16.7 and 33ms throughout the experience - even with the most powerful PC hardware available. With a 50Hz refresh rate then, you'll be limited to just 43fps. When using a 120Hz or 144Hz monitor, the maximum frame-rate obviously increases, but you can't achieve a level of performance that results in consistent, level frame-times. As far as we can tell, a judder-free experience is impossible at the moment without a patch from Remedy. This is something we've never seen before, but we've reproduced the issue on two different PCs running four different graphics cards.

Wow, man. Holy fuck. I guess the PC port was an afterthought, but this is outrageous.

I really want to believe this is 100% Microsoft's fault, but I'm losing faith in Remedy.
>>
>>333687231
>He told me that game length is unimportant.
I bet he fap under 30 sec too.
>>
Why the fuck would I want to watch a movie in a fucking console
>>
>>333689060
No, Majority of PS4 owners are FIFAfags and CODfags.
>>
>>333687231
How big do you guys think this game will be?
>>
>>333697920
I gave up on my pc, it takes up too much time to maintain and those games I listed aren't on the PC.
>>333698098
Where's the source to your lies?
>>
>>333693534
is the remastered version of Gears of War a UWP exclusive too?
>>
Well no, because it's on PC. So why would I ever buy an Xbone even if I was obsessed with the idea of playing it?
>>
>>333699501
Yep.
>>
>>333689060
>idiots believe this
>>
>>333698463
No, sadly some of them are Windows 10 exclusives or only support DX12 and are not available on other digital store fronts
>>
>>333699206
The unwashed masses with no standards.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.