[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: otherm.jpg (72 KB, 466x657) Image search: [Google]
otherm.jpg
72 KB, 466x657
What went wrong?
>>
>>333685929
It's a metroid game.
>>
File: cn13zwC.png (902 KB, 912x1434) Image search: [Google]
cn13zwC.png
902 KB, 912x1434
>>333685929
This is all that is need to be said
>>
THE BABY
>>
>>333685929
The actual author intent didn't line up with the fanbase's head canon.
>>
>>333687469
>the upgrades are a recycle of Super Metroid's powerups

I don't say this with any intent of defending Other M, but... aren't most Metroid games guilty of copying to some extent or another? That's why we have the running gag of Samus always having to re-obtain the same upgrades in every game.
>>
>>333687469
Came here to say this. I would have gladly ignored the story if it at least played competently. The constant switching from third to first person was the clumsiest thing I've ever encountered. Who the fuck thought that was a good idea? Like just make it a I'll third person game since that's all team ninja can do right.
>>
Everything, you unoriginal mong.
>>
>>333688001
or Metroid Fusion for that matter.
>>
Sakamoto became nuts
>>
>>333688237
Zero Mission got away with it by being a remake and even still added the Power Grip on top of everything anyway. The Prime series added a whole wide array of new beams, suits, visors, etc. Probably the most guilty, outside of Other M, is Fusion, which still at least had ice/diffusion missiles.
>>
>>333688237
Yeah, but the important point here is that EVERYTHING in Other M is recycled, not just many things.
>>
>>333685929
Not making short hair Samus the new look forever.
>>
>>333685929
>What went wrong?

Everything
>>
>>333685929

The music was shit.
There were no good lucking environments.
The combat was tedious with terrible mechanics like Concentration, Sensemove and having no ability to shoot missiles in 3rd person.
The story was complete ass, which would be OK if you could only skip it.
Completely linear, even worse than Fusion.
Only cool powerup is Speed Booster in 3D.
>>
>>333685929
They had no idea what they wanted the game to be. It's basically what happens when you apply design by committee on video game development.
>>
File: just.jpg (196 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg
196 KB, 400x600
>>333691641
Actually, every aspect of the development was tightly controlled by Sakamoto, down to how many seconds each cutscene was. Basically every flaw in the game was his fault, from bad controls to the story to the lack of exploration. Watch the Iwata asks.
>>
>>333688672
Or any other Metroid game in the franchise.
>>
>>333691423
Let's not forget the Where's Waldo segments.

>>333692210
Including the removal of the Varia and Gravity Suit color schemes.
>>
>>333685929
>What went wrong?
Adam, the baby, too much anime and her PTSD
>>
>>333692210
I still have no idea why he got Team Ninja to make the game if he wanted it to be 2.5D. Why get a team known for 3D action games to make a 2D story game?
>>
>>333694631
He wanted it to be 3D and that's why he got Team Ninja to help. Problem is he meddling like a nigger in the development process so their skilled team was burdened with his stupidity, resulting in shitty gameplay.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.