[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
snes jrpgs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: som2shot17.png (18 KB, 512x444) Image search: [Google]
som2shot17.png
18 KB, 512x444
hey yall, what are some good SNES rpgs should I play? over the past few months I've loved Seiken Densetsu 3, Chrono Trigger, I'm about to beat Earthbound after picking it up again, and I'm falling in love with Fire Emblem 4: Genealogies of the Holy War. I never had an SNES but having an emulator is great on my weird cury phone is great

I would play more Final Fantasies but I get really frustrated by Woolsey translations. I guess more than anything I'm looking for cool narratives
>>
>>333685826
Treasure Hunter G is a good one for snes, its a hidden gem
>>
>>333685826
> Fire Emblem IV

Good taste.

Here's the full list.

1. Chrono Trigger
2. Fire Emblem IV
3. Terranigma
4. Final Fantasy VI
5. Lufia II

Honorable Mention: Fire Emblem V, Super Mario RPG, Earthbound, Dragon Quest V.

If it counts as an RPG, Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past is top 5 material as well.

There are a ton of truly excellent games I left out. The SNES is the best system for JRPGs. But the ones I've mentioned are the best.
>>
File: BLagoon_box.jpg (60 KB, 783x432) Image search: [Google]
BLagoon_box.jpg
60 KB, 783x432
>>333685826
Illusion of Gaia.
Bahamut Lagoon.
Star Ocean.
>>
>>333686524
cool, Terranigma sounds sick I'll check that that out.
I was wondering what Dragon Quest to start with if I were to go that route, and I've never wanted to play the Zelda series in my life but just recently almost started one of the Link to... ones

I just started Tacmo Secret of the Stars and its tempting but I don't think I'll stick with it
>>
>>333686783
which star ocean?
>>
>>333687179
There's only one Star Ocean on the SNES. I never played the others.
>>
FINAL FANTASY 5 FUCK!
>>
>>333687093
>I was wondering what Dragon Quest to start with
Between the Snes titles? III
>>
>>333687093
Dragon Quest V is one of the best games if not the best game in the series. With two remakes coming out for the 3DS it's a good time to see if you like the world or not.

A Link to the Past is an incredible game. Nothing like 3D Zeldas and much better than those.

Terranigma is the best action RPG for the SNES. It's related to two other games, Illusion of Gaia and Soul Blazer, but like DQ and FF it's not necessary to play those to understand it.
>>
terranigma. not really a turn based rpg but a gem nevertheless.
and lufia 2. is one of my favs too
>>
Breath of Fire 1 and 2.
Romancing SaGa 1-3.
Secret of Mana.
Secret of Evermore.
Super Mario RPG.
Terranigma.
Soul Blazer.
Tales of Phantasia.
Illusion of Gaia.

>>333687706
>Nothing like 3D Zeldas

Except for the fact that the design is identical.
>>
I haven't even played Live A Live, but I'll say Live A Live.

I've read the concept and it sounds cool as fuck, and the music is great.

I know because a track is in Curtain Call.
>>
>>333688956

Same, haven't gotten to it yet but the game looks damn good. Also, try Metal Max.
>>
hmmm it looks like I'm going with Dragon Quest V for this spliff at least. or I might actually see whats in store now in Earthbound I feel like I'm near the end
>>
File: omb.jpg (5 KB, 251x215) Image search: [Google]
omb.jpg
5 KB, 251x215
>>333689038
I just searched for that series. Post apocalyptic vehicle combat RPG.

What the fuck am I reading, and why didn't I know of this before?
>>
>>333689395

Yeah man, there are probably still some JRPGs on the SNES that I have yet to discover. There are so many hidden gems to find on this system.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.