[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokken
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 9
File: image.png (1 MB, 1280x1535) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1280x1535
Lets a get a /v/kend pokken tournament thread

Go online to friendly match and put /v/kend as the VS code
Make sure its set to any opponent and use vs code

Post mains and complaints too
>>
File: image.png (227 KB, 250x420) Image search: [Google]
image.png
227 KB, 250x420
Gardevoir is the best btw
>>
what happened to Pokken /v/kends? I haven't seen the thread last weekend or the one before that
>>
File: image.png (26 KB, 498x746) Image search: [Google]
image.png
26 KB, 498x746
>>333682437
Everyone died on /v/
I still get on hoping to fight with anons though
>>
>>333682154
>Post mains and complaints too
The hitstop really turns me off from buying it at the moment. How does it feel while playing?
>>
>>333682849
Hitstop? Never heard that before
What is it
>>
>>333683163
When a move hits and the whole game freezes. It's usually added to make the move more impactful. but from what i've seen pokken uses it way too much, but maybe it's not that bad while playing?
>>
Still waiting on that patch. It's supposed to be coming "early April" and early April is almost over. If I knew if it was just a few small changes and not a complete balance patch, I'd probably be playing it more often, but I don't want to learn a bunch of things only to have it changed a few days later.
>>
File: image.jpg (356 KB, 864x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
356 KB, 864x960
>>333683513
It only happens when transitioning and you dont notice it when playing really
On videos its very noticable because all you are doing is watching
But while fighting it flows well into attacks
>>
Pikachu Libre is the best.
>>
>>333684967
I was pretty bitter about pikachu libre but she's really grown on me.
>>
File: I'm glad he's in there.gif (2 MB, 400x286) Image search: [Google]
I'm glad he's in there.gif
2 MB, 400x286
>>333682154
>dat gardebutt
>>
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 999x799) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 999x799
>>333685378
Only one poke has the best butt
>>
>>333685570
That's an astute observation but an unrelated picture
>>
File: 1380146566040.jpg (250 KB, 900x750) Image search: [Google]
1380146566040.jpg
250 KB, 900x750
>>333682154
Literally just got it today, Maining Machamp because he's a well...champ. Any tips for someone just starting? The singleplayer is piss easy right up until the first dark mewtwo fight, I'm assuming you can win that fight I just fucked up and got overly comfortable?
>>
>>333686113
Shadow Mewtwo was designed to kick your ass the first times you see him. The CPUs are piss easy but prepare to get bodied when you jump online.
>>
>>333686113
You can't counter attacks that deal status, so that along with other things lets Chandelure fuck Machamp over.
>>
>>333686113
Cpus WILL read your inputs once you get to A league and up

Becareful on wakeup for grabs online
Its a natural reaction to block but trust me attack
>>
>>333686516
But you CAN win that fight right? It said time up as I was getting close.

Yeah and I totally figured I would get bodied

>>333686616
deal status? That makes sense for Chandelure, I'm guessing Machamp is close power and Chandy is ranged power? In which case I've always loved chandelure so he'll be my second main.

>>333686724
So attack when I'M on wakeup? Cause otherwise ill get insta grabbed? makes sense
>>
>>333686956
No you cant
He will get to 1 hp and the same cutscene will play weather you lost or got him to 1 hp technicaly beating him
>>
>>333686956
Status are buffs and debuffs in this game like attack down or speed up. Chandelure can inflict attack and defense down.

If you haven't checked all the moves, each character also has a charge move from holding A for a bit. You can start charging these at any time during the match even off of doing a counter attack (X+A). Machamp's move can shift phases and inflict speed down.
>>
>>333687057
thats always sad, I want those really hard fights you're SUPPOSED to lose but can win with the right skill
>>
alright /v/, convince me drapion WOULDN'T be the sickest DLC character

>interesting non bipedal body shape
>would have a unique playstyle focused on melee zoning with long range stretchy arm and tail strikes, think dalshim from SF or kakyoin from the jojo arcade game
> would have the ability to poison you too, and could then keep you away and whittle you down without allowing you to get close
>>
File: image.jpg (195 KB, 1034x749) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
195 KB, 1034x749
Just got the game recently and trying to pick up Garchomp. I'm having trouble extending or finished combos with the X button after held. Do I have to use to fingers if I want to hold X and use a light attack by pressing Y? Another thing is down-light and down-heavy attacks in fuel phase seems worthless since you can't follow up from either, any applications for these two moves?

Based on my matchup experiences, Machamp and R.Pika give me the most trouble. Any tips for dealing with either of the two?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.