[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How far into this game do you have to be to unlock things that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 12
File: hw legends.jpg (14 KB, 318x159) Image search: [Google]
hw legends.jpg
14 KB, 318x159
How far into this game do you have to be to unlock things that weren't in the Wii U version? Hyrule Warriors Legends thread.
>>
how the fuck does Linkle work? sometimes i'm doing devil may cry shit and other times i'm shooting exploding lasers.
>>
>>333682715
When do you unlock Linkle?
>>
>>333683142
3 stages into Legends mode
>>
>>333682715
After a combo with Linkle you simply hold the strong attack button and she'll "continue" her combo into shooing bombs. Once her meter is filled you can simply dry-press her strong attack to rapid fire and strafe around.

The real question is how the hell does my fairy mode work? I've just been stuffing the faces of one of my four fairys with all the food I get which mostly consists of magic beans.
>>
>>333683184
Oh alright then. How about costumes? Are those unlocked in adventure mode?
>>
>>333683598
Pretty much. If you check a map and see a shirt, that's a costume.

Some of link's costumes come from completing skulltula pics
>>
Who /old3ds/ here?
>>
>>333683432
My Fairy mode is something that you need spreadsheets for, each food item has 3 tiers and each of them give their own stat boosts and element boosts. You'll have to grind up those gold foods to get the better rental skills, 'cause once you refresh, you retain 10% of the points they have. Oh, and those personalities too - you have to refresh to change ONE to what you want. It's a bit convoluted and I'm still trying to figure it out myself.
>>
>>333684160
Me, and looking at the comparison I'm not sure I want to bother getting this.

How much does the NEW 3ds go for now?
>>
when do you unlock My Fairy?
>>
>>333684268
Or you just use your fairy and get like 500 kills
>>
>>333684440
When you find a fairy.
>>
>>333684160
Here. Little annoyed about the small number of enemies on screen, but Young Link + Fairy Bombing just wrecks everything anyway.

>>333684440
When you find a fairy in a map. On one of the early maps in adventure mode it's in one of the keeps in a pot.
>>
>>333684381
I was the same way but honestly once I started playing it, I found it wasn't so bad.
>>
>>333684540
But I hear shade is wanted a ton for its damage effect, and that "MP is always maxed out" rental skill sounds OP as fuck. Of course, this is only for ONE fairy...
>>
>>333684268
My Fairy is just a neat little minigame and I can restart her multiple times right? Is there any possible way to truely fuck up a fairy or is everything re-set?
>>
>>333682715
Her Y -> X does a kick into the air. If you press Y again she should go straight up higher into Rising. If you press X she'll use Rainstorm. You can go from Rising to Rainstorm, but you can't go from Rainstorm to Rising though.
>>
>>333685114
I guess the only way you can fuck up your fairy is if you set her personality to something that isn't desirable. Their elemental effects reset when refreshed and they retain the 1% nuke damage boost, so I guess the only way you can really damage them is if you give them too many bronze-tier foods and minimize their stat boosts.
>>
>>333685243
yeah basically

Y X Y X.

Y Y Y X Y X also works (if you hit someone with the first X) but you'll generally have pushed the enemy too far away with the kick to hit them with it.

either way her best room clearing moves are Y Y Y Y X X and Y Y Y Y Y X X

or you can do Y Y X X to make her do the item jingle
>>
When is the first DLC going to be released?
>>
>>333685394
holy shit i contradicted myself, well i guess that's TWO ways you can fuck over your fairy
>>
>>333685428
I just like that they basically put character action moves in this. I still think her character is a bit dumb, especially with how retarded she is in her own story.
>>
Is there a power ranking of characters?
>>
what items do you need for the fire circles?
>>
Everythread question:
I ordered this game yesterday, it says it will arrive for next week. Can I play as classic Link in this game?
>>
>>333685770
Ice Arrows.
>>
Do you have to beat the first adventure map completely to unlock more of them?
>>
File: classic link.png (267 KB, 680x485) Image search: [Google]
classic link.png
267 KB, 680x485
>>333685969
Actually yes, it's a costume. Not sure how you unlock it in legends though. It was a free update in the original.
>>
File: Hyrule Warriors WW Ganondorf.jpg (837 KB, 2780x2074) Image search: [Google]
Hyrule Warriors WW Ganondorf.jpg
837 KB, 2780x2074
who Wind Wake Ganondorf here
>>
How do you unlock the 2nd Skulltula in the 1st level? I've already done the following

>Beaten Legend Mode
>Played the first level on Hard while using Link and his most basic sword
>Cleared the entire level prior to using the Fairy Bomb thing
>Nothing happens

In the WiiU version, doing the above would unlock it, but it doesn't seem to work in the 3DS version, and I suspect it's because the game forces you to use Zelda to clear a specific keep.

Has anyone gotten the 2nd Skulltula yet?
>>
>>333686138
You only have to beat Ganon. It's a stage in the map, I'll leave it to you to figure out what tile it is exactly.
>>
>>333686258
I'm pretty sure you unlock this costume in the Master Quest map, along with the Master Quest weapons. The same goes for the TP costumes in the TP map. The SS costumes are unlocked in the basic Adventure map.
>>
>>333687068
I got the second skulltula. I just used link and I even used the second tier of the knights sword, the white sword. I even switched to zelda. it should spawn as soon as you activate the great fairy event.
>>
>>333687068
Are you reading the conditions to get the 2nd skulltula? Many of the conditions are different between the Wii U and 3DS versions. Whereas some used to require not taking 4 hearts of damage, killing 1200 mooks, and doing the first mission in Adventure mode, for example, some of them now require killing 150 mooks with special attacks instead of killing 1200 normally. Pause > Warrior Info > Check Skulltulas will usually give you a good enough hint.
>>
>>333687201
Did you do something special to get it? Because I keep on trying and nothing happens. In fact, trying right now for about the 9th time.
>>
Do I have to buy Legends to get Skull Kid on the Wii U version or is he DLC?
>>
>>333687432
I know about the Adventure Skulltulas, and I've already gotten many of them. The Legend ones are very cryptic. The first level one says

>Use the ??? (Hylian Sword) while repelling the advance of enemy forces.

I had to google what it meant, but I still cannot get it.
>>
>>333687452
I...don't think so. I just went in on hard mode with the white sword, used zelda to take the keep, the used the great fairy fountain as link and it spawned.

I wish I could help you more.
>>
how do you get the new content for the wii u? dont tell me i have to buy another add on
>>
>>333687565
Every Legends character will be available as DLC later. Meanwhile the only way to obtain them at the moment is by using the code bundled with a 3DS copy.
>>
>>333685685

I've only played the Wii U version, but I think it's the same. Anyways the top 3 juggernauts of Hyrule Warriors are Young Link, Master Sword Link, and Volga. Skull kid is also supposedly really good, around top 5 area.
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_017D8.jpg (484 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WiiU_screenshot_TV_017D8.jpg
484 KB, 1280x720
>>333687638
There is a code either in the digital reciepts or inserts in the physical boxes that allow access fambulance. Got the game about 3 months ago and got the code for drawing something from someone on Reddit.

Gonna beat the fags to it:
>reddit
>>
>>333687608
From what I understand, that's the magic circle that's the ???, not the hylian sword. When it says the advances of enemy forces, it probably means the Lizalfos that Impa says she should handle when she becomes playable. Try killing them first before using the circle and see if that was it.
>>
>>333688054
No, I mean in the requirement it lists the red skull for Hard Mode, and a picture of the Hylian Sword. The requirement text reads "Use the ???" because you have to use the required weapon.
>>
>>333688054
You're close. The trick is NOT to kill every officer before using the circle. The game wants you to let the circle do that.

Impa still has to kill that one Lizalfos before you can use the circle, but don't kill any officers the game doesn't tell you to kill, you'll get the Skulltula.
>>
>>333684381
Usually $200USD. They do go on sale from time to time for $175. They can drop down to as low as $125.
>>
>>333687970
It is still a colossal dissapointment that the scenarios also didn't get put on the Wii U version. I get that you want to drum up sales for the 3DS version, but it is a fucking ugly ass port. Just let me play the game on my nice TV.
>>
>>333688262
That's what I meant, just those Lizalfos. I'm not sure if there are any of them near Zelda when she becomes playable, but the game probably means those and any of them that attack the keeps whose gates shut after taking them. I just breezed through that mission as fast as possible and didn't worry about killing anything north of the central keep, and took care of all the side missions, so perhaps that's why I got it on my first try.
>>
Aryll is very cute when she cheers her brother on at least.
>>
>>333686258
As cool as this costume is, it kinda lewd seeing teen link's exposed legs
>>
File: burd.jpg (210 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
burd.jpg
210 KB, 1024x683
>>333688675
>cute
Obnoxious
>>
>>333688675
>Oh, no... Big Brother, I trusted you...
>>
>>333688262
Okay, this was really specific, and I was going to shoot myself because I was being stupid and killing everything on the map before using the circle, but I did just that this time, including killing the specific Impa-only Lizalfos with Link, and the Skulltula appeared.

My game must have been glitching the previous attempts.
>>
File: link is this nigga serious.jpg (21 KB, 281x301) Image search: [Google]
link is this nigga serious.jpg
21 KB, 281x301
>devs mention in a panel that skull kid was the one character they really wanted to do and do right
>they gave him the laser eyes from the mask battle
>he has the TP puppets
>he even has a move where the mask takes overr for a bit and he just lifelessly dangles off like at the end of MM

>but he doesn't fucking drop the moon at all

why
>>
>>333688580
the 3DS version is the Xtreme Legends expansion. Koei actually putting stuff into Wii U version after the fact instead of releasing a whole new disc is already out of character.
>>
>>333690683
because they already used the moon drop in so many other places
>>
>>333682112
I don't think anyone answered it yet for you

It has the original 18 maps from the Wii U legend mode, then you do Cia's tale, Linkle's tale then Wind Waker's
>>
File: pug.jpg (145 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
pug.jpg
145 KB, 720x960
So Hyrule Warriors 2 or complete edition or whatever the fuck is coming to the NX right?

I really don't want to grind all the new characters and do all the new maps on the 3DS
>>
I used to fucking hate playing Agitha but after realizing her C2 juggles bosses like mad, she's okay.
Fi still sucks though.
>>
File: 250px-TLoZ_Spectacle_Rock[1].png (52 KB, 250x172) Image search: [Google]
250px-TLoZ_Spectacle_Rock[1].png
52 KB, 250x172
>>333692248
Addendum to this:

Toon Link is the first unlockable character on the Adventure Map, BUT his materials for his badges don't appear until Wind Waker maps.

Skull Kid and Tingle are unlocked via spaces on the Adventure Map that open when you clear both stages in the OoT era of the story branch.

Twili Midna and Young Link both can be unlocked when you gain access to the final areas of Death Mountain on the Adventure Map, gotten by clearing Liberation of the Triforce (the final mission from the Wii U story). You need Twili Midna to get to Young Link.

Tetra and King Dinner will be automatically unlocked as you progress through the Wind Waker story.

To unlock the Wind Waker Adventure Map, you need to beat the "Defeat the Dark Ruler" mission of the Adventure Map, located where the final dungeon was in the original game.
>>
is there any reason to actually try to use combos properly? mashing buttons works fine, everyone is 2 ez anyway
>>
>>333693080
Legends Mode is easy shit to get you accustomed to the game. Then you get to Adventure Mode where you get graded on performance and when the good shit requires A ranks, then you're gonna start stressing over how you go about with every battle and how to beat commanders in the best ways.
>>
>>333693403
Oh good, I only bought it a week ago and was stressing that I only had two levels to do and nothing but repeat levels for skulltulas and the easier difficulties.

What even is adventure mode?
>>
You faggots are making me wanna double dip. Stop it.
>>
>>333692805
For Young Link you need both Twili Midna and Zant.
>>
File: Groose_Artwork.png (1 MB, 799x1596) Image search: [Google]
Groose_Artwork.png
1 MB, 799x1596
>>333690683
>They said Groose is a possibility during the panel when they showed off Marin

GROOSE IS COMING LOOSE
>>
File: a97AtSr[1].png (350 KB, 899x811) Image search: [Google]
a97AtSr[1].png
350 KB, 899x811
>>333693643
>What even is adventure mode?
>>
>>333691427
so it wouldn't hurt to do it one last time
>>
>>333693643
Overworld Zelda Maps where every screen is a battle. Most of them have rewards for beating them with certain characters and some rewards require an A rank to get. This is where you'll be unlocking all the other stuff that you don't unlock in Legends Mode. There's also items you win that can be used on the map screen to uncover more rewards in the screens you discover them in, but I don't want to get too ahead of myself.

As far as difficulty goes, like I said, some rewards(namely almost every new weapon and character) requires an A rank to get. And A ranks require taking minimal damage, defeating a lot of foes (usually 1200), and doing it fast(usually within 15 minutes). Some missions can actually be really fucking stressful to finish under this sorts of conditions, so you'll have to really git gud with whatever character the given battle demands you use for that reward.
>>
>>333690683
Because they have an entire boss based around dropping the moon, you crybaby faggot. Just give him the hookshot.
>>
>>333694107
> groose gets in
> he gets a johnathan joestar alt color
>>
>>333694481
>you were expecting Fi?
>TOO BAD
>IT WAS ME, GROOSE
>>
>>333694152
Doesn't it have 1 gorillion stages or something?

>>333694279
That actually sounds pretty cool. How much time is actually spent playing with items as opposed to fighting shit? I know that sounds so plebby but I hated fucking around with upgrades and badges.
>>
>>333694938
Not much if you know what to use where. The maps have actually little obstacles and such that you gotta use the item on the specific spot to use it. Like using a water bomb on a boulder in the water or ice arrow on a circle of fire. The map based on the first game may seem really vague if you're not familiar with it though because you gotta find the bombable walls and bushes you can burn, but the compass item is supposed to help with that.

Nevertheless, it's still a rather small amount of time compared to actually fighting. I'd say you should spend 2 minutes on there at the very absolute most once you know what you're doing.
>>
>>333695263
Never mind that since it's based on the first game, googling a map of Zelda 1 with every secret revealed shows where every place should bombed or burned.
>>
>>333695263
>>333695360

So it'd only be difficult if I had no grasp of Zelda puzzles whatsoever. Nice.

Gotta say this has re-hyped me. I'll be done with Legends the next time I pick it up, just got the master sword.
>>
>>333694938
You'll have to replay some stages over just to get the item from the map but that won't happen till you get pretty deep into it

I also recommened looking up a search guide or else you'll be grinding the Compass item religiously
>>
>>333695464
>Just got the Master Sword
>Almost done
>>
>>333695471
Nice, I'll take that into consideration, especially because I won't be that interested in looking too hard for stuff myself.

>>333695603
It says it's the epilogue, how much longer is there?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>333692805
>King Dinner
Heh. Heh. YERHAHAHA.
>>
>>333685969

it was a preorder bonus from GAME here in EU atleast
>>
>>333695790
If you really want to know, you're around the half-way point of the story that was in the Wii U version..
>>
>>333695790
Let's just say the main story does not stop at beating Cia. And even beyond that, there's still the other three extra shorter campaigns. (Cia's, Linkle's, and the Wind Waker one.)
>>
>>333695927
>>333695958
WOAH FUCK

GOTY OR GOTAY???

I am so fucking happy right now.
>>
I only care about weapons, costumes and full hearts

i am currently 100h in clearing master quest map ( map 3) unlocking lvl 3 weapons

i had a lot of trouble with king of hyrule lvl 3 because of the fucking cucos that destroys you with a single hit and Spinner lvl 3 where you cant get hit not even a single time or you lose A rank

then for lvl 2 weapon Young link is hard
>>
>>333695790
Well, you're about 1/4 into the Legends Mode. And Legends Mode is about 10% (if not less) of the whole game.
>>
>>333696087
That's fucking amazing. And here I was worrying that I was running out of content too quickly.

I swear this game was taken straight from my dreams. I remember playing DW ten years ago and wondering what it'd be like crossed with Zelda.
>>
>>333696087
>1/4
Please, the Master Sword is probably closer to 2/3 through the initial story, but there is still the other extra stuff added on I guess. Either way, still not exactly near the end.
>>
>>333695790

nigga you got the best 3 stages in the game coming up.
>>
>>333696259

adventure mode is where all the content is, the base 3ds game has 5 maps(adventure map, wind waker map, master quest, Twilight map and termina map ), you only have 1 at the beginning but have to unlockthem 1 by 1 by beating the "final" stage of each map

there you unlock more skulltullas, full and pieces of hearts, more powerful weapons ( lvl 1, 2 and 3 max ) and costumes for everyone, but most of those things require A rank on the missions and some of the are kind of hard you'll see (there is no ranking system in legend mode), others are easy, except costumes that only requires to beat the stage.
>>
>>333696571
That's so fucking good, I'm so excited to keep playing.

Is there any real tip for finding skulltulas in legends mode? I stopped looking for them eventually because I couldn't find many. Is it because of the low draw distance or am I just fucking retarded?
>>
>>333696571

The "usual" for obtaining A rank is :

>atleast 1200 KO
> beat the stage in less than 15 minutes
> cant take more than 4k damage ( some other stages are up to 10k, depends of the stage but the game wont tell you, you have to see a guide to know it )
>>
>>333696762
Play with headphones and listen for the sound.
>>
>>333696762
Are you playing with the sound on? Once you're running around in the area with the web on it, the music fades away and that scratching sound gets louder and louder as you get closer.

It's worth noting that there are a couple skulltulas that require you to replay the stage because they need the hookshot.
>>
>>333696762

yes the sound helps a lot in fact is the only way to find it, as you get closer it sounds louder and louder

is the typical scratching sound linke in OOT
>>
>>333696935
>>333697009
>>333697082
Thank you anons, I usually play with sound off for most games.
>>
>>333696259

Hyrule Warriors is not a game where "running out of content" is taken lightly
>>
>>333697126
No problem. I tend to do the same thing with handheld games as I enjoy listening to podcasts while I play them.
>>
>>333697421
Fair enough, the sound quality on them isn't that great and I usually only outside of home. Not in public, calm down
>>
I kind of hope Hyrule Warriors can get a few more people to realize musou games aren't as shit as shill reviewers always make them out to be.

I haven't been disappointed by any of the main series Dynasty Warriors games, liked all the Samurai Warriors game since 2, and while the spinoffs can be iffy, a lot of them are pretty great.

There's always so much fucking content and just pure fucking GAMEPLAY. It's one of the most consistent franchises in gaming.
>>
Honestly the ONE THING I want from the 3ds content on WiiU is Ganon's spear... more characters without anything in adventure mode for them like Twili Midna or Young Link just don't massively appeal to me... but another weapon for my favourite character? Dammit. At the perfect point in adventure mode where it would be fantastic.

Even with the upcoming dlc packs it is bundled with other stuff for entirely too much change if I am only looking at the trident.
>>
>>333697126

i dont want to judge you but you are kind of person i hate the most in gaming, to enjoy a game you have to listed to the music and sound effect, its an essential part!!

unless you cant because you are not playing at home
>>
>>333697538
I commonly play my 3DS during the hour break I have between my classes so you'll get no judgement for casually playing it in private moments from me.
>>
>>333697589

Ganon spear is fucking OP just spam Weak+Weak+Weak+Strong and you are all set for the whole stage any stage
>>
>>333697618
I agree with you Anon, I just usually play out of home or when I'm watching something.

>>333697630
Same here, I've found a little comfy spot under some stairs at my uni, that's pretty private and great for breaks. The only people I've ever seen playing 3ds at uni were greasy and acne-ridden, playing fucking Pokemon 12354235 ALL THE SAME edition, and I'm enough of a loser without willingly associating myself with the kind. Hide your powerlevel, and all that. Not that it matters that much considering I take a Japanese class
>>
i feel dirty for enjoying this with how fucking terrible it actually looks
>>
>>333698907
>Caring about the graphics
Don't be a pleb, please.
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.