[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the better method of gitting gud: a) Playing against
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 93890-gibfun.jpg (768 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
93890-gibfun.jpg
768 KB, 960x540
What's the better method of gitting gud:
a) Playing against players better than you all day and learning through buttrape
or
b) Playing against players around your skill level
>>
>>333680887
probably playing against your skill level, but it depends on the game

shit like Street Fighter, would be better to play higher skilled opponent with same character

shit like cs:go, dont bother playin against higher level players cus youll spend most of your time dead and calling them cheaters
>>
>>333680887
The correct answer is a) but they have to be only a little bit better than you. Getting steamrolled all day won't change a thing.
>>
>>333681036
and with shit like dark souls, just get good fgt whats the problem
>>
File: Karl Barx.jpg (219 KB, 1028x850) Image search: [Google]
Karl Barx.jpg
219 KB, 1028x850
Heres my Story to the Top
>Taking steroids to Increase gamer power
>smash Pussies like a sledge hammer
>kms when not in internationals
>>
>>333680887
a
>>
>>333680887
I think in all situations, players around your level trending on higher than your level.
You should always be fighting slightly above your weight class. Skill works the same way as muscle.
It requires increasingly graduated levels of resistance.
>>
>>333680887
both but you learn quicker with someone your level since you are always trying to out play each other rather than getting stomped over and over again until you adapt to getting stomped less hard
>>
Unless you're getting absolutely stomped, you should play against people better than you. If you're bad, you're definitely going to learn bad habits from people at your skill level.

If you can play against someone who is better than you and is willing to give some pointers, that's even better.
>>
In any of the multiplayer games I cared about enough to git gud at, I played with people that were noticeably better than myself though not impossible to beat. You befriend those people and eventually you'll equal or exceed their skill level if you put in the work.
>>
Does anyone play Reflex AUS that knows how to duel but isn't also some superhuman mutant?
>>
>>333683634
yes, there are also some superhuman mutants too.
>>
>>333680887
playing against slightly weaker opponents so that you always feel like you're successful and progressing, builds confidence, skill through repetition, then get thrust up into the upper levels where you either sink or swim.
>>
>>333681116
this.

in order to improve, there has to be performance-based feedback.

you won't improve if you play against someone significantly better than you, because you get punished no matter what you do.

same thing playing against people significantly worse than you, but in the opposite direction - you'll be rewarded for poor play, and eventually start picking up bad habits.

people don't realize that when someone somewhat better than you plays against you (say they win 60% of the time), they are doing you a huge favor.
>>
>>333680887
Neither, it's first important to learn WHY better players are better, then observe, then practice. You can practice against anyone as long as you first know the WHY.
>>
>>333680887
I wanna say the first one

>dark souls on xbox back in 2012
>kiln all day every day
>fought the biggest faggots imaginable
>slowly got good
>anyone that tried to play "fair" got stomped since i was used to the hyperqueers

imo tbch famm
>>
A bit of both.
>>
>>333683634
>AUS
Nah.

>>333680887
B., as long as you're being challenge, they can be a fair amount better than you, but getting stomped doesn't really help. It can also be good to sometimes play lower skilled players than you, as it'll give you some breathing room to try new things.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.