[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
any good dungeon crawlers with lots and looooooots of items to loot?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
any good dungeon crawlers with lots and looooooots of items to loot?
>>
Path of Exile is the go to game now.

[x] Good
[x] Free
[x] Online
>>
>>333680786
thing about d2 is that it had good loot but
since its rooted to its old dungeon crawler philosophy

your storage space is small as shit
and youre discouraged to hoard shit
>>
>>333680786
Torchlight 2 objecitvely has the most "lootable" loot.

D3 if you want every loot item to be legendary,
and path of exile if you want every loot item to be so shit you need a literal loot filter to sort through it.

Otherwise kill yourself for starting a bait thread.

You can't put sage in your name anymore lmao
>>
>>333681039
grab plugy

proceed to hoard literally everything
>>
>>333681170
grim dawn has a built in loot filter

loot is great

but the classes are fucking bland as shit
>>
>>333680786
marvel heroes
>>
>>333680957
Played but I can never get past the first act without getting bored, I don't know why.

>>333681170
It's not bait. I'm currently doing a Diablo 3 run trying to compete it without getting bored.

I've also tried Van Hellsin 1/2 and it's a good game but I'm doing the hardest difficulty so it's taking a long time.
>>
>>333681313
Good point, i love grim dawn and its auto loot filter.

>>333681352
I just assume any arpg thread is bait because theres literally d3 fags in denial that their game is the worst of this "generation" of arpgs, namely d3, poe, grimdawn, and tl2.
>>
>>333681039
>d2 had good loot

No it fucking didn't, the list of legendaries that were 'useable' was fucking pathetic. Runewords were shit or cancer.
>>
>>333681691
oh shit im sorry

what i meant was diablo 3 is the game of the year all years
>>
>>333681523
It's so hard to compare other games to Diablo 2 for me. It has such a great mixture of class based skills AND items. I like Path of Exile but classes relying on items and their socket abilities hasn't been my favorite.
>>
grim dawn pham
>>
>>333681523
The one thing D3 really did well was attack feedback. Your attacks felt powerful as fuck; even just swinging at the air caused grass to flatten in a small arc. Plenty of non-lootable pots that get exploded into piles of physics-enabled fragments that go flying everywhere.
>>
>>333681765
>Someone disagrees with me! better say they're [thing I dont like]

Ad hominem is the height of skilled argumentation anon.

Diablo 2 had a list of like 30 'good' legendaries, everything else was utter shit. Runewords were initially used to bridge the gap between shitty magic items / rares and actually useable legendaries and thus were *meant* to be low powered, but people bitched long enough and then the 1.10 runewords came out and people gobbled that shit up. They were "Fun", but they absolutely destroyed any semblance of balance or credibility that game could be argued to have.
>>
>>333682056
I will look into now I suppose since it's out of EA

>>333682269
Currently my barbarian is kicking ass and I can't die.

This is what I have thus far:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/reaply-1860/hero/75066420
>>
>>333681523
>d3 fags in denial that their game is the worst of this "generation"

>It attempted to change things, its awful! nothing should ever change ever. I'm still mad about things that happened four years ago!

Maybe if you don't want people to call you on your shit opinions you shouldn't try to provoke them.

I'm pretty sure I know all of your retarded arguments already.

Facts are, d2 wasn't really that great of a game to begin with. It had huge balance issues with skills, immunities and difficulties. Item drop rates were beyond shit, so people resorted to non-stop botting. Stat and skill point allocation actually hindered build diversity because people were too afraid to fuck up, on top of a lot of skills being 1 point wonders - you were absolutely fucking retarded if you did something like put 20 points into amplify damage - that isn't good design, that's ivory tower idiocy.

D3 fixed a lot of the fuckups present in diablo 2, it tried to meaningfully address the shitty barter trading system and 3rd party item sellers (and actually succeeded for a brief period, but overall the system was bad, so why not just fix loot drops).

Meanwhile games like PoE and TL2 try to live in the past.
>>
>>333682631
D3 is really all about end game right now. You probably won't experience any challenge at all until you hit level 70 and unlock torment difficulties.
>>
>>333680786
champions of norrath or return to arms m8

I've played em for year & still haven't found that cursed spoon or that one yellow rolling pin
>>
>>333683178
if only they were on pc..
>>
>>333683178
I can try emulation I suppose.
>>
>>333681170
>that random dungeon generator in torchlight 2
I love it for that shit
>>
File: Consider.jpg (92 KB, 828x404) Image search: [Google]
Consider.jpg
92 KB, 828x404
>>333683374
You don't have a 5th gen console?
>>
Please help me /v/, how do I enjoy ARPGs?

After a good two hundred hours into PoE I never felt satisfied with my gear, nor my character. I've spent thousands of hours on F2P MMOs so it's not the grind that stops me, it just got boring.

Is it the character building/progression, where you can get to the point where you press one, maybe two buttons and everything in the room and all adjacent rooms throughout the level die? Is it repeating the same boss over and over until you get cool shit that gives +1 over what you just had?

how do I get gud at something that require a massive time investment even with crazy luck
>>
>>333680786
Torchlight 2 if you want more fast-paced clicking action.
Phantasy Star Online (Ep1&2 on GC/Dolphin, or Blue Burst with a server emulator for offline play to avoid private server drama) if you want more fancy-looking loot with gimmick effects and want to see a "what if Japan made Diablo?" in action.
Shinning Soul 2 if you want some portable Diablo action. Works fine with shitty android touch controls too.

Also these >>333683178
>>
File: mkXX2SA[1].jpg (304 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
mkXX2SA[1].jpg
304 KB, 1366x768
ToME
>>
>>333680786
grab median XL if you want more D2, worked for me when i couldn't get into PoE, diablo 3, or any of the other slow ass diablo clones
>>
>>333684067
Shinning Soul 2 can't be so fun with touch controls, can it?
>>
>>333683941
At the highest level of gameplay, most ARPG's are pretty indifferent from shit like cookie clickers. Mindless 'action' entertainment.

Same shit as monster hunter (though that requires a bit more strategy).
>>
>>333684235
So in short I should stop wasting my time with them?
>>
>>333684147
The game is fun enough to be enjoyable even with shitty controls.
There is no "hold this press that" commands (like platformers with run'n'jump, racing games, Harvest Moon FoMT's crazy shortcut commands, etc), so even touch controls are decent enough. Except if you have a stupid small phone and/or big ass yaoi hands.
>>
>>333680786

Marvel Heroes surprisingly
>>
File: ADOM_by_Grerr.png (127 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
ADOM_by_Grerr.png
127 KB, 1600x1200
>>333680786
adom or sil
>>
>>333684780
the fuck is going on here
>>
>>333684423
If you're having fun, why not keep having fun?

If you're not? why try?

They do require a bit of work and effort sometimes, but most of their gameplay is clicker / looking for tiny upgrades.
>>
>>333680957
For forgot a thing
>Mob infinite respawn

You can't fucking clear a zone for 10 minutes.
>>
>>333685220
it's like 20 screenshots comp'd together
>>
File: A Dusty Tome.jpg (19 KB, 716x455) Image search: [Google]
A Dusty Tome.jpg
19 KB, 716x455
>>333684780
ASCII m8 don't tell me you've never played a MS-DOS game before
>>
>>333685380
What?

There isn't a single area in all of Path of Exile with infinitely respawning mobs, excluding boss fights (Which enable to to refill your flasks without returning to town), a few of the unique maps and Elreon missions.

Unless you're talking about the Necromancers, in which case, why the fuck are you attacking the undead instead of them?
>>
>>333680786
path of exile senpai. a little stale at first but once your build starts coming together around level 50 it's very fun, and there is loads of loot to collect ;)
>>
>>333680786
>>333680957
With the Sire of Shards staff casting Echo'd, GMP'd and Fork'd Fireball I can pretty much do OP's picture.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.